Trump about to allow internet providers sell your browser history

>wsj.com/articles/with-washingtons-blessing-telecom-giants-can-mine-your-web-history-1490869801

>Lawmakers on Tuesday voted to overturn privacy rules that required telecom companies to get customers’ permission before sharing their web-browsing and app usage history with third parties. The White House said Wednesday President Donald Trump intends to sign the measure into law.

do you guys support this, seems a big fuckover

Other urls found in this thread:

resistancereport.com/news/cards-humanity-creator-just-pledged-buy-publish-congresss-browser-history/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I support tiddies

They've always been able to do that. The legislation that Trump will overturn never actually went into effect.

H-h-h-h-h'es M-m-making A-a-a-america G-Great Again! Right guys?

she's really put on some weight since the election

I suggest making rules that govern any company forcing them to protect private information of individuals. Ya know instead of just service providers.

Odd, I've never received a letter asking me if Google could sell my history, yet my search result ads are catered to my tastes. Hmm.

why aren't all you twitter fags mass tweeting him about this?

or have twitter fags been doing that since it passed?

>implying your every move isn't already out there
You really don't have imagination

There will be shills on these threads claiming ideological support for trump, right-wing causes, and "economic freedom" whatever that is. Do not listen to them!

They are agents, probably of Comcast if I had to guess, shilling an agenda. Internet privacy is an essential right, if not THE essential right, because the internet is the main way you as a modern human establish your relationship with the wider world. Actions taken with the internet set a precedent for every aspect of public (and non-local private) life.

You CAN NOT let this be taken away. You can not let them take your information-- this is not about credit card numbers, bank balances, education transcripts. That's of no consequence, useful, but ultimately just a token in bureaucracy. Your knowledge, behavior, beliefs and habits are your soul. Real information is your soul. When a non-human entity knows you well enough to control you, when they have your essential information, they have your soul.

thick solid tight

The law that is being repealed, which never has never been enacted, is a redundant law. It is already illegal for ISPs, or anyone for that matter, to sell or collect your data without your consent.

This whole ordeal has been a very successful campaign against Republicans.

>They are agents, probably of Comcast
Christ, you faggots are more obvious than the Le Donald tards calling everyone shareblue.

The only difference this move makes is it means the FCC cannot oversee ISPs anymore and since the FCC is literally in charge of determining what can and cannot be communicated in the country this effectively neuters them of their ability to censor information.

Geez...I'm sure the food is really good in Austin but come on Rackadoo show a little will power

Just retarded. The law never went in to effect and you have to opt in. Stop with this bullshit.

I see no problem with this. You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide.

They already do. Thank you for informing us.

who cares.

this redpill train ain't stopping for no one.

Yeah, the legislation has only existed since January. And so what if you're ISP is selling your data? Your OS, web browser, social media network and search engine have been selling it as well. It's shitty but the people who are making a big out of this are just looking for ways to freak out over Trump.

Dumbass, the changes would've given you a choice to opt out or in, now you won't have a say in the matter. Why are you letting your ISP's jew you on this?

Good I hope after God Emperor secures absolute power and establishes the right wing fascist state he heavily censors the media and internet, and eliminates or greatly reduces social media

Sure that's why they're pushing this bill for absolutely no reason. Telecoms did not contribute $700,000 to the introducer of this bill. Telecoms do not buy off politicians. This is for the good of the people.

It's the evil democrats making the republicans look bad. That's all this is. Yup.

>the laws that make it impossible for powerful interests to take advantage of you are the only thing preventing you from having true freedom

for the 6,000,000th time this month
google was already doing this, they just had a monopoly

welcome to the open marketplace, bootlicker

> Lawmakers on Tuesday voted to overturn privacy rules that required telecom companies to get customers’ permission before sharing their web-browsing and app usage history with third parties.
> overturn privacy rules that required telecom companies to get customers’ permission
>overturn permission

And who will be buying our internet history exactly?

I don't pay google for their services. I use google knowing I am the product. I can choose not to use google services as there are alternatives. This is not the same for ISPs. Stop using this retarded argument.

t. women or retard

>claims to be redpilled
>supports throwing privacy down the shitter

Nigger this has been the standard for quite literally since the internet has been around. This was only implemented 2 years ago despite the "danger" of ISPs being able to sell your data since the beginning. This has done nothing to prevent anything because the FCC would still be able to administer permission to allow ISPs to sell your data and they would also have the ability to censor information because that is their exact purpose as a commission.

Trumpfags are defending this too.

We should not be afraid of censorship so much as them having a database that they can use to control you. People really underestimate how psychologically vulnerable they are -- no matter how strong-willed or well-protected you think you are you are not immune.

This kind of information is about as powerful as a fiercely loyal army, 50 million strong.

You still have to opt in and you still have the option to opt. This repeal doesn't change that. Laws are already in place to prevent your data from being sold without your permission.

No telling. Probably advertisers at first, but who's to say they'll stop there? And who's to say things won't get so bad that what we think is outrageous now-- such as selling this information to the police, or even private investigators-- won't become SOP in the future?

really forces me to contemplate, should i clear my internet history now? or is it already too late, and even if it wasn't too late, would clearing my internet history even have an effect

the rules were not in effect yet. nothing has changed. companies have been selling your data this whole time.

I don't think your bantz really landed Hoss.

>The entire foundation of my naive, teenaged political beliefs this past 12 or so months is in jeopardy, but it's okay because I'm redpilled

They will force us to pay for a service that provide private internet, and it will force private services to release your data.

Trump will veto this... he has to... M-MAGA

If you use the Internet today you just have to assume, whatever you do, that someone somewhere is watching and act accordingly. Privacy does not exist.

what does that even mean

literally nothing has changed.
If this bill went into place, likely you would sign away your privacy when you signed a contract with your isp and you wouldn't even notice.
The rhetoric around this is based on lies and feels so manufactured.

>GUYS THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR DATA. JUST GIVE UP AND ACCEPT IT

Is this the best defense Trumpfags can use to save face after Trump cucks them out of thier rights for money?

You fucktard, nothing changes. They overturned a rule that never even took effect. I'm tired of hearing about this nonsense. If Obama's FCC hadn't done a huge power grab and reclassified ISPs as common carriers then they'd be under the FTC same as Google, Apple, Facebook and all the other internet giants wanting to steal your data but being policed by the FTC.

>Ignoring Vault 7 leaks
I mean if they want to sell the information they already stole, what do I care honestly? I'd rather be in charge of signing it off if we have to live under this big brother treatment.

No you can't. Unless you are running a heavy 3rd party blocking extension where each website you manually whitelist 3rd party resources, almost every site connects to Google and a half to two dozen others.

It's like you pay a guy to get 50 others guys to come over to your house where they entertain you for the small price of fucking you in the ass, then after the 50th guy finishes the original guy you paid would like a turn. That's where you draw the line and make a big fuss. You even pay some of the other guys for services (Netflix, Amazon) but you're still okay with bending over for them.

Also just use https and isps won't know what urls you are assessing (but they will know the domain)

To the leftist livestock:

You aren't special. You aren't clever. Since the beginning of /tg/, we have seen -quite literally- THOUSANDS of leftist shills (just like you) enter these threads armed with clickbait narratives and an air of smug superiority, certain that they could outsmart us. Every last one of them was shit out the other end of /tg/ having made no impact whatsoever.

You WILL fail, just like the rest. This is not a prediction; it's a statement of fact. You won't change any minds. No one will remember you. These threads are still going strong, which speaks volumes about the ineffectuality of past shills.

You can't argue against this, all that you can do is sarcastically dismiss it. Whether or not you choose to admit it, we both know that I'm right. No matter what you say or do, you'll be getting fucked for the next 8 years while we laugh at you. Go fuck yourself.

P.S. this post is pasta - I wouldn't waste any real time on you.

shill.

Blockers are actually really good. While partner sites can theoretically share your information on the back end (id'd by IP address) I never had Facebook trying to sell me things related to what I'd bought on Amazon until I forgot to install Ghostery on a new laptop.

If Amazon's going to sell my purchase history to Facebook, well, that's fucked up and all, but it's not total intrusion. I still think it should be illegal, but we fight that battle when we come to it.

>not using NoScript
'tard.

Have fun justifying shit for the next four years.

Have you guys seen this? Dude from cards against humanity wants to buy politicians browsing histories and post them.

resistancereport.com/news/cards-humanity-creator-just-pledged-buy-publish-congresss-browser-history/

>not understanding what the fuck is going on
'tard.

Have fun watching achmed fuck your wife in the ass for the rest of your life.

>It's already shit why not make it worse?

Man I wish I got paid for my opinions.

I was getting paid for it they wouldn't be my actual opinions.

Can Lee Ann PLEASE do a nude solo video?

Yeah and if I had wheels I'd be a wagon. What's your point, fag?

This is the only argument I've seen.

The bottom line is that a bill that would have improved privacy, at least in a small way, was overturned. There is zero benefit for the internet user.

>hur dur well everyone else already leaks your information
It's like an inverted slippery slope. You have to start somewhere.

That it is not me, but you who are the true fag.

based Lee Ann

>What if your telecom company tracked the websites you visit, the apps you use, the TV shows you watch, the stores you shop at and the restaurants you eat at, and then sold that information to advertisers?
I'd be able to send them so much trash data to literally make it unprofitable to sell my browsing history, or to maliciously deflate the price of internet advertising with a large enough amount of parallel boxes running literally ad crawlers to decrease my internet footprint value to negative values

not for everyone, sure, but if that's the future you fuckers choose en masse, then I'm ready to roll with it, hard

Sounds like something a fag would say

If it gets bad enough I may put on a campaign to get everyone to install programs on their computer to do just that.

I'm not really so much worried about basic information, as psychological data. I think it's extremely important that we limit what psychological information we give them. Things that reveal your internal emotional state. People are addicted to Facebook already, so it's probably a forlorn hope, but it's incredibly important.

Takes one to know one, fag!

HTTPS shows the ISP what site you went to but not what you browsed on the site. For even more security just use a VPN so they don't know what site you went to.

Or you can just click random normie things that pop up in your feed and if anyone asks about weird stuff just say it was an accident or for the lols or that you didn't know what it was or that someone must be stealing your wifi or something. Anyone with a facebook or social media has targeted ads already which gives them links to weird clickbait which in-turn shows links to links of weird clickbait. The most they can do is say someone in your household is browsing X and if they accuse you of something simply say "no".

The targeted ads don't even work anyways, I clicked one card game video two years ago and I still have these still popping up.

Checked and mated.

google and facebook are already doing this.

Oh, that's not a concern for me, either
I'm knee-deep in Steven Universe general on /trash/ and seeing as I'm regarded as a mega autist, I don't think they could extract any meaningful information out of me even if they wanted.
I'm more worried about the use that the political forces in the country could make of it, and I'm glad that DIGOS and co here are too busy with internal fighting of their own to have any footprint in the politics, but movimento 5 sette getting their hands on it, could spell troubles for everyone

She has nice big ol' floppy titties OP

And Chrome (google) does it too, but they only make a stink about it now.

You agreed to it when you click OK on the terms of service fag

Use Firefox until they delete the addons then merge to Pale Moon. Chrome pisses me off because it takes up too much real estate on my laptop screen and has no good bookmarks function.

there are solutions. if you are concerned about privacy (which you absolutely ough to be) pay for a VPN service

Doesn't a VPN automatically slow your computer down though?

Your shilling is tiresome.
>mfw Sup Forums sells me your data and I get to find your house and kill you

I didn't think anybody but retards and old ladies though this.
Which are you?

Trumpets have been playing the
>w-w-who cares it's already shit r-right
card since November 9th

not your computer.. your internet connection

>reddit memes
>reddit
>ebic yutub ceberalities
Cancer

Ya because you want stop blowing up about nothing because your so ass mad she lost.
>OMG TRUMPS BILL DIDN"Y PASS
>Trump has failed his presidency
>holy shit trump tweeted something its over now

I.e. After you pay you auto accept this agreement which lets us sell your data goy.

thats an ugly nigger

Have been.
We could use someone to start a member thread.

Google will track your shit no matter what. All this does is give the little guy a fighting chance

Can't avoid the ISP monopoly either.

So, yeah, we're fucked in the U.S.

Corporations win, Repub or Dem.

But does it make lefties butthurt?

So long as the answer is 'yes', I still do not care.

>Libruhls are gonna FREAK! XD
You're part of the problem.

> Not allow FCC to continue to bloat and overreach
> Not allow FCC to do FTC's job

Really not about Privacy atm.

Edgy.

t. Leftie cuckolds

>telecom

It's still open season for your browser your operating system your favorite websites and your keyboard

Do you have more of her

There is far more freedom of choice in almost all of those in comparison to your telecom which is effectively a monopoly.

I don't even see how anyone is even arguing that this was a loss for the common American, no matter what side of the aisle you're on.

You're allowed to dislike stupid thing that politicians you like do. Otherwise you're just a shill.

>NSA literally has fiber splitters and copy digit for digit everything on the net
>democraps worried about another company with their browser history

I can't believe I have to say this every time I visit Sup Forums but dumb shit like this doesn't matter. Trump is buying us time to reverse the decline of white demographics so we can change the culture and keep (((globalist))) supporters out of power forever.

Some of us might get thrown under the bus but its always been that way, we must sacrifice for the greater good.

Plus, anybody who gets doxxed because of this can dedicate themselves full-time to the liberation of the white race. Donald is playing 4d chess.

I have one on my wall as well, problem?

>Falling for the party loyalty meme
Just because you're having your asshole reamed by 1 person without your consent. Doesn't mean you should willfully give consent to someone else just because you're already gaping.