Is Trump's infrastructure plan gonna turn this table?

Is Trump's infrastructure plan gonna turn this table?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sQu86ztL4po
tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>riding a train when a plane is faster and costs the same
why would we want trains?

Unless Amtrak is the only rail system in the entire continental US, that's not comparing apples to apples

Planes are absolutely more expensive to ride and don't provide the same scenery as trains

Its more than just Amtrak though.

It basically is though
That's all of our railroads on the map that matter

what an absolute retard

posting nothing but images of twitter posts should be bannable

uhhhh

you cant be retarded sir

If you want to fly to Florida from DC area its 200-300 bucks with rental car

Take Amtrak from DC to Orlando and its 1000 plus with your car and you dont get there for 19 hours.

>1+ billion people
>mostly in the eastern half of the country

the us is far more spread out and we do not have a poltiical system with the will or ability to fund such massive public works projects.

China can just make trains all they want and people cant do anything about it. In the US a lot of people would get upset at the expenditures.

high speed trains are not effective in the US besides a few metro areas in the Northeast.

White people simply can't compete with Asians anymore. America is the best white people have to offer and it isn't even white, and can barely compete with China

see

China has a lot of mountains, high speed train lines are more of a necessity for them

Also look at the population and country size.

I can find tickets from ct to Florida for under $100 on a regular basis, fuck off.

>comparing communist country where state has to provide people these things
>to the most capitalistic being in the world where people have to do this shit for themselves
if there is no rail networks in usa then it's not worth to build them

>begin and end your trip in a city center instead of some remote airport and then having to uber your way downtown
>less dead time in each end
>less security trouble
>much larger baggage allowance
>much larger passenger capacity
>more amenities
>bedrooms for overnights
>easier to travel with children
>scenic
>less affected by weather
>you don't have to shut down your electronics
>safer
>better food
>quieter
>better accessibility
>you can get off the train in an emergency
>toilets are larger
>border control can be done onboard

>Planes are absolutely more expensive to ride
Your english is pretty good, what's your native country?

Looks like veins, which is neat since trains are the life-blood of industry

They also have beyond terrible drivers. Might as well take the train.

High speed train system would do wonders but people are too stupid and greedy to ever want it. America needs a great work of infrastructure to unite people under. The building of the first few skyscrapes, the race to the moon, etc. We don't have anything like that to raise the countries morale now.

Rail is for freight, not people. There's cheaper and more efficient ways of transporting people great distances.
Expenses include more than just the price in money. There's also the price in time.
>don't provide the same scenery as trains
Then why not drive? It'll still be faster than a train and you'll have your car to get where you want when you get there.

Asians are very smart, but I also think white people can do way better than the do right now. I mean, look at what the US could be without the blacks and other immigrants.

We aren't poor chinks.

We don't need fucking trains when everyone owns cars.

>you don't have to shut down your electronics

Oh noooo you can't use your iPod for 5 minutes. The humanity!
Liberal please go hang yourself.

A train from Miami to DC is 26 hours.
A flight is about 2 hours at roughly the same price if you find a good deal.

>MUH CHOO CHOO TRAINS
what the absolute hell is wrong with people and their quasi-religious reverence towards trains?

What a fucking moron. The upper midwest is nothingness and mountains

I checked a better map at the Amtrak site. It looks to me like someone could cause major havoc for the company...practically shut it down...by taking out the Chicago depot. It looks like Amtrak really exists as a way to move Chicago-thugs around the country, probably due to organized crime needing quick public transport so they centered Amtrak there. take out Chicago and Amtrak goes down.

Bringing over nigs was possibly the biggest mistake in our country's history. Second only to not shutting our borders permanently in 1950.

Train hobbyists are autistic.

>What is freight

The most efficient way to ship freight is by train. You should know this especially living in Canada because without all that transportation of food any reasonable sized population in Canada would be unsustainable.

True but white people made it this way.

What the fuck is all this bullshit, who gives a fuck about any of this?

I want to get from point A to point B. Planes are cheaper and significantly faster thats all that matters.

>A train from Miami to DC is 26 hours.
Yes. Thus the point of having a high speed train system instead of slow-poke Amtrak.

Its for industry you idiot.

city sprawl in the US is rather unique. I talked to then-mayor of Los Angeles, Villagrosa, about adding in metro lines and his point was basically "From where to where? There's no real urban population centers that go to a real urban job center. It takes almost as much effort to get to a train station as it takes to get to where you're going in the first place, and then the train station likely isn't headed where you're going! Buses work a little better than trains here, and that's why we got rid of many of our overhead rails"

And Los Angeles is the most obvious city due for an improved rail system. It has more paved roads than any other city on the planet, and more paved roads than many countries. Traffic there still sucks.

I fly private.
Have my knife in my pocket and everything.

Amtrak was an absolute disaster and basically a case study for how the US government is too incompetent to run anything at all. Most countries nationalize the track but leave the rail-cars to run as they please, similar to how we have state-run airports and private airlines. The US decided to nationalize the rail-cars and leave the tracks as private. So no one built good track for them to use for passenger travel (hence why Amtrak is bumpy as fuck and takes forever) or for high speed. All the track these days is used for commercial transport of cheap commodities like coal or grain.

If we had done it the other way around, our rail system wouldn't have been total shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=sQu86ztL4po

But...talking about building more trains when we are getting the hyperloop.

>what is a false equivalence

>safer than car
>sometimes less expensive
>less stress
>scenery
Trains are great.

ayn rand please go

I thought american industry uses semi trucks mostly. Is one objectively better than the other?

Yeah, that's why US has so few of them. They are inflated fatso. SHART IN MART AMIRILARDS

Fucking wrong. Train is at least half the cost.

Source: I travel, faggot.

the problem with american rail is that Amtrak has the monopoly and its shit tier. Get rid of Govt enforced monopolies and this will all get better.

End regulation still the answer.

>trump
>plan
he literally has none

north america is too big for highspeed rails and we have too many roads

>trains
>being useful at all, or even relevant, in a country the size of the US
if you live in sydney and want to go to perth (basically NYC to LA), you get a plane. if you want to go from brisbane to sydney, you get a plane. anything shorter and you drive.

anyone proposing passengers using trains more often than they use planes in the US is fucking retarded.

We have a lot of semi trucks but a train engine hauling miles and miles of carts is incredibly efficient. Probably not as fast if you order everything on amazon and want it ASAP

cars externalize the extremely expensive problems related to transit directly to the end user

China builds all this shit but nobody ever uses it. There are entire cities abandoned because people can only afford to live with their parents and grandparents in little shanties. They even tried to recreate Paris and London but nobody lives there.

im not sure the chinese map is including freighters.

>Oh noooo you can't use your iPod for 5 minutes. The humanity!
Some people aren't shit-tier blue collar workers like you and work on laptops, you know?

>Liberal please go hang yourself.
Why am I a liberal? You go fuck yourself, faggot.

>A train from Miami to DC is 26 hours.
It isn't, pic related from Miami to DC would be 3 and a half hours.

>A flight is about 2 hours
Plus 1 hour at security, plus 1 hour required early arrive, plus 30 minutes Uber to downtown. Planes are only cheaper if your time is worth shit (which yours probably are, since you're a blue collar pleb).

>if you find a good deal
That's a massive if, sometimes people just have to travel because business and shit and can't afford to pick dates.

this is why we dont have trains fag

>Second only to not shutting our borders permanently in 1950.

I agree with your post but the autist in me has to point out that the migrant worker program to get mexican slaves to pick produce in California started way before that, and that's basically the catalyst for mexican slaves coming here ever since.

And to show how times have changed, in the 50s we actually had a program called Operation Wetback that tried to deal with illegal mexicans.

Honestly a railway would be really nice since it would take bad drivers off the road and also would be cheaper in the long run taxes aside. Long as it isn't the teamsters or mob backed construction companies it should come out well and work wonders for the east coast.

you should just sell your laptop and your cell phone and invest in a nice desktop computer.

>It isn't, pic related from Miami to DC would be 3 and a half hours.

> lay down several billion dollar rail line from DC to Miami
> Still slower than a plane

thank god retarded monekys like you stay in zika infested shitholes.

WOW
START ARGUING ANY TIME

and of course use the plane to get to it faster.

is this bait?

>BUT DA TRAIN FROM DC TO FLORIDA

One specific case faggots. Train from Memphis to NOLA is half cost of flight and only 6 hours as opposed to the hour flight (2-3 once you're finally through the grope-squad, and finally get your luggage afterwards) you stupid niggers.

The more you use costal travel WHERE THE MAJORITY OF CITIES ARE; WHERE THE TRAIN IS MORE LIKELY TO STOP, the more you hurt your case you fuckin' inbreeds.

Shit excuse, fagtron.

Trainwiz BTFO

commuters don't like trains as much in the US because the logistics don't make sense, if you're commuting a long way every day odds are you're going to move out from the city for a cheaper house.

we don't take the train because we work a little bit harder and drive a car instead.

Why have trains I. A country where people can afford to travel any other way. Public transit in the US has little purpose outside the largest cities, and honestly only serves as a vote buying project for certain districts.

>wanting a massive country wide train system that would just be ruined by minorities and eventually be alluha snackbar'd

If US was majority white then I'd be for it

>several billion dollar
Because an airplane costs like 5 bucks, right?

>still slower than a plane
It's faster, airplane takes over 5 hours if you count all the time wasted with bullshit. You obviously didn't read my entire post.

>thank god retarded monekys like you
The flag only tells you where I am, newfriend. Not where I'm from. It's obvious from your posts that you're a tech-illiterate, but let me inform you that there's no way a computer can detect that. All you have to know is I travel a lot (like I am traveling now) and I know what I'm talking about.

Europe has 700 million people North america has like less than 500 million over vastly larger areas

we dont have the concentration of population like you guys have in the blue banana around the Rhine estuary and Central europe it is far more spread out

>roughly same area but china has 4X the population

made me think

some people maybe need to work and are not NEET virgins like you maman. He doesn't overly expensive computer to show off or to feel better about himself. Unless you're programmer or
>gaymer
you don't need desktop.

>fears of snackbar
>trains
>15 years after 9/11
> Nevar fergat

Fucking niggers everywhere today, jesus christ, lmao.

But user, we already have a massive train system in the United States.

See

that's over a billion people, the US isn't even a third of china's population.

then again you can really discount alaska, no one lives there, it's probably proportional ultimately, the US having more disposable income and china having cheaper production.

Have fun making a cohesive train system wit that.

What is the private sector vs tax dollars. There are no private sector personal rail lines because they can't make money. Private companies pay for airliners, not my tax dollars.

Yeah, and most of them are illiterate rice farmers and fishermen who never travel.

Have fun going through security and enjoy your delays.

>need
i want one, fuck off

>waah security my time is sooo importaant
if you're always flying around on business your flight costs will be covered by your company, and if 10 minutes of off time during takeoff and landing is actually biting into your schedule you need to sort yourself out. as for security, you can still work during 80% of that time.

also keep this in mind with the

>LOL Americans dont Travel meme

Most Americans have been to several states and Canada and Mexico, Many go to central America and the Carribean for vacation.

Its funny to hear a euro brag about traveling between western Europe as if thats any different from how far Americans travel

>his office at work doesn't have a tower.

yes, most of us run programs the macbook air just simply doesn't have the capacity to run.

i'm not sure i follow - are you comparing the price of shipping a car and a person, to shipping just a person?

and calling someone else retarded?

i just want to confirm you're this hilariously stupid.

Nah maybe you just need to realise that your petrodollar warmongering government is getting pretty fat on all that cash they're getting. Even with your bullshit excuses trains are more logical solution. It's much more environment-friendly and is requirement for good industry.
+ It's why much smaller countries can compete with US industrially

>we're blue collar plebs because we have responsibilities and want shit done efficiently
>brazil

ayy lmao
no wonder you hate planes so much, your soccer team died.

>Florida from DC area costing 1000$
You're fucking high as a kite m8.

tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak

It's 208$ for a coach seat -today-.

> It's why much smaller countries can compete with US industrially

lol but you cant

exactly, and china uses lax safety laws to use these people as cheap machinery.

i don't think anyone is arguing that the chinese aren't production machines.

Never going to happen. China doesn't have to worry about high land costs when developing rail.

I can't drive the train

>if you're always flying around on business your flight costs will be covered by your company
I see, so you're a pleb employee. Let the big people talk and go back to your desk, kid.

>10 minutes
kek

Enjoy missing your trip every time a couple of inches of snow happen, straya cunt.

Like (((office))) 2020 jew edition, that consumes all of your memory and requires a dedicated (((intelberg))) processor.

>start building train
>MUH BURIAL GROUND MUH WILDLAND MUH MAGNETS MUH RACISM MUH SEXISM MUH GIBS
>1 billion dollars become 50 billion

Plus most people don't realize how fucking huge America is. "Why doesn't Merkel just build a Moscow-Barcelona railway?"

Why do people think there is no need for security on a train? Someone is going to bomb a train and after that there will be similar procedures to what we have in airports.

And how do you secure the whole length of track? Any moron with a rifle can shoot at a train and put the whole system into panic. It doesn't even matter if he causes much damage or kills someone.

It won't because Trump's infrastructure bill is never going to pass
Republicans don't want to okay the price tag
Democrats don't want Trump to get a win.

It'll die after about an hour just like his 'promise' to set congressional term limits.

If Trump gets term limits in btw, I'll personally go and help build the wall.

>we have responsibilities and want shit done efficiently
I'm the only one defending efficiency and responsibility here. You're defending American pride.

>Brazil
Oh look, another tech-illiterate who doesn't know computers can't detect where you're from but only where you are!

the US hasnt imported oil in years.

we moved on years ago.

canada is about to tag in on what little void there was, as long as cuckman doesn't block it.

Yeah Czech Republic can't because we don't have any resources and 12 million population but Japan can. And Germany could some time ago.

Most TSA shit is security theater, lad.

This week: I LIKE TRUCKS
Next week: I LIKE TRAINS

I'm supporting planes, not trains you monkey fucking nigger. Read the god damn thread.

US railways are all about freight.
In 2010 (last year that global numbers are available). The EU moved 391 Gt-km of freight. That is 391 billion ton/kilometers of freight. In North America, we moved 2,863 Gt-km of freight.

Passenger rail got killed off by the subsidization of air-travel and highways in the first half of the 20th century. It isn't making a comeback without massive investments. Current passenger railway construction costs anywhere from $40 million to $300 million _per mile_.

More than several billion. Close to a trillion. Maglev is an unsustainable cuck meme.