Why don't more states have full service gas stations?

Why don't more states have full service gas stations?

Wouldn't it reduce the amount of people who are unemployed as they could easily find a job?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SmWudhhLBPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck NJ and their shitskin pump jockeys.

so weird
i thought the person telling me this was a real thing was joking the first time i heard about it

But they work full time to be able to pay rent instead of living off welfare like most shitskins in other states.

youtube.com/watch?v=SmWudhhLBPs

Paying people to pump gas while the Amerifat sits on his ass is a waste of fucking resources.

You are capable of getting off your ass, out of the vehicle, and pumping the gas. It's one of the easiest thing to do on a vehicle.

Someone was telling me that when they went to the portland and seattle area they had some program for homeless people working at gas stations as service employees. He said it was a bunch of bullshit, they didn't have enough people working and they wouldn't let you do it yourself or something.

Regardless, jobs should be something that needs to be done and desired, not nonsense busywork to keep people employed.

I guess it's ok when other countries like Japan and Australia has them.

In my province, we have to prepay for gasoline because some gsa got run over when someone did a gas and go. The kid ran out to stop them and they just ran him over. For a tank of gas.

So now we have to prepay a set amount when filling.

It's an antiquated role in Australia. I used to see a few servos with pump jockeys, but it's rare now. I wouldn't trust someone else to do it anyway. They'd probably put diesel in my car or something.

If you can't be bothered getting out of your car to pour some fuel into your car, you shouldn't be driving.

>For a tank of gas
This fuckin' world

>gascucks

Yeah, in appalachia in the US, at least a few years ago when I went through, there were still places that did it as a cultural thing I guess. They'd pump your gas and clean your windows, it was usually old black men.

It was pretty brutal, but what kind of retard put's his life on the line for 40 dollars? Both parties are retarded.

I believe it's called "Brian's Law".

nvm, that is some other law. Maybe it's "cameron's law".

Fuck I don't know why we name laws after people.

Everywhere I've ever been in the US you have to prepay. Only time I haven't had to prepay for gas was in Germany.

>but what kind of retard put's his life on the line for 40 dollars?
Muggers and petty robbers, for one. But yeah, what a terrible and ultimately stupid incident. I can't criticize though, as there's a myriad of examples like that in the US as well, retarded laws put into place after something supremely dumb happens

>I don't know why we name laws after people.
7/11 never forgetti

I'm sure I remember them in this country when I was a young child

also, whatever happened to those guys that clean your car windows when you stop at a light? I remember them in the early 90s too

They found selling flowers on the exit of the highways much more profitable.

It's just redundant would be my guess. I only see mom and pop gas stations with the full service. Never ever seen a gas station chain use them ever. Really not that hard to get out pump swipe your card and leave. Hell I still go inside and pay cash cause I don't trust those machines at all.

Its illegal to pump your own gas in NJ. Made moving to a new state kinda weird, first pumped my own gas at 25. Makes sense considering the population density, kindof, but still.

>he never watched old cartoons as a child

You never left your state to like PA or NY to pump your own gas?

>Wouldn't it reduce the amount of people who are unemployed as they could easily find a job?
That's some remarkably robust logic you have there.
You could even say that each pump must have a dedicated attendant, that would employ even more people.
Or perhaps each pump should have six attendants. You'd have no unemployment at all.
Perhaps you require that they are all young black men. Black unemployment would be eliminated.
Perhaps they all have to fuck you up the ass too. You would enjoy that as you're a colossal fucking faggot.

>Its illegal to pump your own gas in NJ

LAND OF THE FREE

What a worthless law. It's up to the owner of the gas station to determine how he or she wants their product handled until the transaction is complete.

the fuel jockeys used to be a service. fill tank, check oil, tire pressure, and clean windows. i guess sometime in the 70's during Carters gas crisis, they couldn't afford them anymore. plus it lowered the fuel prices.

the weird part to me was that it's illegal not to have the serviceman pump your gas in certain states in [current year]

makes sense

in NJ we don't have to do it and our gas is relatively cheap

when its cold and snowy, just chill in your car and wait for pajeet to give your credit card back

>in NJ we don't have to do it and our gas is relatively cheap
Were now one most expensive states after the recent tax hike.

>Gas is cheap...for now
>Gov: Oh let's add $.50 gas tax
>Progressives: Oh, let's make pump jockeys mandatory
>2 years from now gas more expensive than ever

I would never let someone who has no liability in regards to what happens to my vehicle fucking near my vehicle, let alone perform a menial task he probably hates.

All it takes is one bad day for him to snap and break your window with the ice scraper.

Why do you have a tweet from my small home town in Canada saved?