Does Sup Forums know of any currently operating religious cults?

Here's one exposed
hopcc.com/?cat=4

>ctrl f: You can hear for yourself

...pretty creepy

I'm a Jehovah's Witness, that's basically a friendly cult.

But a bad one, I'm 18 btw.

How long have you been a JW? What makes you say its a cult?

I was born in the UK in 1996 to. Jehovah's Witness family.

From childhood I learnt about the bible and all the friendly and helpful things it teaches.

Things like how to praise God (Jehovah) and Jesus and how to be a respectful human who does not sin.

As I grew older, late teens, I started branching out for independance, not attending meetings, talking to non JW's and playing video games that promote violence and action.

My parents and others refer to anyone outside of the religion as 'worldly' or 'people of the world.'

They literally berate and attack you if you do anything that is not in line with the religion, in American I hear it is 10x worse with parents throwing out there children who do not follow it.

Yeah, the Satanist elite kike cult of sun-god worship that has existed on this planet for millennia.

I had this crazy JW neighbor, she was generally nice but very intrusive and insistent- sometimes she would walk into my house uninvited, she'd always persist in inviting me over for bible studies. Was always telling me I needed to have myself sterilized because I already had one baby and one on the way. She had this weird adopted daughter who seemed to be sort of autistic, most of her activities and clothing and interests involved the "mom" and were very juvenile and child like even though she was older than me. I thought they were odd but that they cared about each other and that was all that was important, but then one day the crazy woman disappeared for awhile and a police car showed up and suddenly the girl left- I saw her on Facebook acting totally degenerate and much more "age appropriate" talking about how psycho the woman was and how she had been abusing her her entire life.

The woman came back a few days later, but never spoke to me, always looked very haggard and busy, and started dumping all of her belongings out on the yard before finally disappearing for good. I hope she's still okay, she had heart problems last I heard.

Do you still practice? If so, what's your motivation to do so? If not, what made you stop; would you explore another denomonation?
Do you think/feel JW has affected you in a pos/neg way?

I had a JW in my year at school. His autismlevel was through the roof. Nice enough guy but I suspect he wouldn't win many over on the doorstep.

Yeah, as I said the majority of Jehovah's witnesses are from the United States and all the stories I hear from there are ALWAYS much worse than the stories I hear from the UK.

My parents are much more lenient that other JW parents, they kinda let me do what I want as long as it's not objectively bad or evil. I'm a normal person, if you met me you would not think I was religious.

Some friends I know have VERY strict parents who don't let them play video games or watch TV because it's all degenreate, which is fair enough but they take it a peg higher and it ruins there childhood.

Most JW girls are super attractive and almost are all virgins.

Islam

I do still practice going out on ministry preaching work because my family do, I leave many Jehovah's Witness friends both male and female and they all care about me.

I'm quite bad, I miss quite a few meetings (we have two a week) and let work stop me from going out.

I'm not evil, I'm very clean cut with no bad habits, addictions or illnesses.

I'm pretty normal.

I think as I get older I may leave and just stay independent from all religion, not like an atheist, just not active in the preaching work or anything because honestly it's tiresome and limits your life massively.

I wouldn't be surprised about the virgin part but every JW girl I've ever met has been slightly chubby to overweight, bland short brown hair, not very attractive at all.

As I was thinking about it I remember another girl from middle school- we used to joke because I was raised in a Mormon community, and other kids I guess thought our two religions were like big enemies? Anyways, she was really weird too like the other girl, she was nice but also had that immature trying too hard to seem creepy/weird/zany type of thing some weird autist girls like to do.

But those are the only two I've met haha.

No, I don't know any cults.
Have you heard the good word of Kek?

The not watching TV playing games. I agree, it is a good policy. I also see the wisdom in the Burka

Define "cult".

*have

not "LEAVE"

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
9. The group/leader is always right.
10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Ten warning signs regarding people involved in/with a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.
2. Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.
3. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".
4. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.
5. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.
6. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.
7. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.
8. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.
9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.
10. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

Almost everything on this list describes (((Trump)))

A cult, as to my knowledge, isn't necessarily "unsafe" though. Pretty much every religion starts out as a cult.

There's a lot to say our (((gov))) is involved in a cult conspiracy

Oh they undoubtedly are- see my original comment.

gov cult thread?
gov cult thread

God this sounds like leftism to a tee.

wtf alright I'll share what I have (not much, mostly Trump stuff)

... you just stunned my brain

I have mostly masonic stuff

All religions are cults.

Here are some things from the small town (less than 8,000 people) I live in- we're entirely under the control of some sort of Masonic owl cult. This is outside of a local Elk's lodge.

OH and by some pure coincidence we just happen to live right outside of a place called "Bohemia Mountain" with an "abandoned" ghost town called "Bohemia City" in it. Also there's some weird grove north of town called "Minerva" that has a bizarre like outdoor, very low-key stage set up as if someone goes out there for events.

>religious cults
all religions are cults you fucking retard

Molymeme

>33 replies
>no mention of 8선녀 (Pal Sun Nyo)

Trump cult & anti-russian cult are both pretty big at the minute
>could make both followers of those go to war and die for 'their cause'

But not all cults are religious. Failed argument, maplefag.