Adults 18-34 Twice as Likely as Previous Generation to Identify as LGBT

archive.is/06CwG#

GLAAD's third annual Accelerating Acceptance report, which was created in partnership with Harris Poll, surveyed 2,037 US adults (ages 18 and older) in November 2016. The survey found that 20% of millennials identify as openly LGBT, while only 7% of the baby boomer generation (ages 52–71) would openly label themselves as such. Acceptance of the LGBT community was also found to be at an all-time high.

"America is the most accepting that it has ever been. Having 20% of millennials identify as LGBTQ is pretty groundbreaking," Sarah Kate Ellis, GLAAD's president and CEO, told BuzzFeed News. "What I want to see is that they continue to flourish and blossom as their true and authentic selves."

The survey also found that 12% of millennials identify outside the gender binary, as either transgender or gender-nonconforming.

But although more young people openly identify as LGBT, the study found that non-LGBT millennials are less likely to know someone who identifies as simply “gay” or “lesbian."

The study found that an overwhelming 63% of young people identify as allies to the queer community. While that age group was the most likely to be accepting, the majority (53%) of Generation X and the majority (51%) of baby boomers were also likely to consider themselves allies.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Kate_Ellis
broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/teens-these-days-are-queer-af-new-study-says
discord.gg/f5cTF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ours was a decadent society.

It's literally because it's a fucking cool thing now to be a fag. It's disgusting. Half these people are probably not even real fags

Fags anyways are people with mental disorders

Well there's a lot of people who don't actually date/fuck the same sex who probably identify as genderfluid/nonbinary/pansexual for virtue signaling points. As this study confirms seems like there are fewer purer gays left.

So they are literally just switching out one type of degeneracy for a new type? Fuck this society

this is proof that nobody is born gay

omg 2k people asked in a country of more than 300 mil . you know that shits accurate

Well it is sort of the watering down of gay identity such that people who don't actually mostly have sex with the same gender can still identify as LGBT.

Most of that is college aged girls experimenting before realizing women are crazy and they don't want to deal with their own shit.

I agree these sorts of studies tend to oversample gays.

Not to mention

>2000 people who willing participated in some study about fags
>implying some people wouldn't lie for shits and giggles or in support of degenerates

If anything people are less likely to be honest about being gay when asked by strangers but the people most likely to answer the call in the first place (assuming they surveyed by telephone) are probably more likely to be LGBT. Very hard to get good representative data on LGBT mostly because people will deny it rather than overstate it.

B BUT MUH CONSERVATIVE GEN Z

Gen z isn't 18-34 retard

literally fuck my parents: the sexuality

>gay/trans 72+ year olds exist

bump

>"surveyed 2,037 US adults"
>implying statistically significant results can be produced from a 2k group sample
>"told BuzzFeed News"
>BuzzFeed News
>BuzzFeed
>News

>Sarah Kate Ellis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Kate_Ellis
>"While attending Russell Sage College, Ellis led a media campaign against the college administration's attempt to shut down the only women's center on campus and, in her senior year of college, Ellis came out of the closet as a lesbian."

ur shocked a woman employed by glaad is a lesbian?

Wow, it's almost as though it's just a fucking fad.

So I happened to catch about 5 minutes of BBC The World on my way home today. What were they talking about?

An guy in the IDF who was scared to admit he thought of himself as a girl and eventually came out to his detail and how it was so great the state was paying for his hormones and surgeries because Israel is so progressive and inclusive.

That belongs on like one of those tabloids at the grocery store where people laugh at freaks, or like maybe Jerry Springer or something like that.

20%? KEK

no fucking way.

When I went to university in the late 90s, they said 1 in 7 people was gay. 20% would be 1 in 5, so if it's been pushed as hard as it has been, then 1 in 5 self-identifying as so cool and special is easily believable.

>implying statistically significant results can be produced from a 2k group sample

It's alright to just admit you don't understand statistics.

2000 people is pretty much the ideal sample size for a population like the US.

broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/teens-these-days-are-queer-af-new-study-says

according to this study 52% of people between 13-20 are gay

>That belongs on like one of those tabloids at the grocery store where people laugh at freaks, or like maybe Jerry Springer or something like that.

You come from another time and that's why you think like that.

I don't support this DEGENERACY. But we have to admit that western society has gotten to this point because a large amount of people do indeed support this stuff.

If degenerates didn't have such vocal support, they'd stay in the closet and you'd never know they even exist.

And there are many other types of degeneracy other than just LGBT weirdos.

i wonder if that includes pansexual which to my understanding includes people who think of themselves as basically straight but they would date trannies.

>2017
>people lying about being fags

not everyone lives in san francisco

About not being fags* rather

This is what I worried about. I think that if people experiment with the opposite gender, they become accustomed to gay sex and ultimately become either bisexual or completely gay.

The repercussion of this is more people deviating from the nuclear family unit and espousing a gay lifestyle which doesn't produce children.

I feel like this will expedite the implosion of society as less children are born and degeneracy becomes an acceptable alternative, but what do I know. I'm probably just a right-wing homophobic nutcase.

>opposite gender
I meant same gender

Join the OFFICIAL /polgb/ Discord:

discord.gg/f5cTF

yep and then we'll have a demographic crisis and the only solution will be more migrants

All kind of mental disorders are on the rise. From autism to narcissism.

Early literature had placed homosexuality as belonging to the narcissist spectrum.

most fags quit being fags by age 21.

those who don't kill themselves at 30.

mystery solved, aids demon.

Specially from countries with the capital punishment for faggots.

Our leaders are true visionaries.

When Communists abuse the power of education for twenty years with Marxist shit this is what you get.

This just means that 52% are liberals.

Being just straight is too oppressive.

SO less than. 002 percent of the population sucks cock or munch carpet. Yet the MSM will give them prime time.

That was the beginning of Fake New C

To follow up on my earlier comment, I know two former lesbians. Both had never been with men. Both are now exclusively with men and want nothing to do with women.

One of them it happened in middle age. Around 35ish I think. She got married to a guy and now they have a business together.

The other is kind of a Sup Forums story. Mid twenties, never been with a guy. Tomboy but not dyke-ish. Short hair, pretty face, worked at a gym. She had a lot of cute girlfriends and even though she wasn't what I'd call masculine she would probably be the dominant one in the relationship. She literally got BLACKED by a coworker. Cheated on her girlfriend for a while with him. Dumped her. I've only ever seen her with black gymrats since so I guess that's her thing.

Point being, if a woman can go from lifelong hardcore lesbian to human condom for basketball team almost overnight, I don't think I'd put too much stock into these numbers.

I feel like women are all inherently bisexual and men are either straight or gay. Women go more for status, men for looks (gay or straight).

Is really few people if you consider the amount of bulshit propaganda. Many people still resists. TV, Cine, media, schools, the fucking Pope, degeneracy is totally mainstream, is a miracle that so many people are decent.

Anyway Fake News manipulate the truth, so reality tends to be better.