Can I join the military as a gunsmith if I have a degree in robotics. I have also taken some welding classes...

Can I join the military as a gunsmith if I have a degree in robotics. I have also taken some welding classes. I don't care about money.

Does the military have gunsmiths?

I always figured that would be contracted out to overpaid corporations

For someone with a degree in robotics, that's kind of a retarded question. Go talk to the recruiter and try to mask your autism.

ask /k/

Weapons techs in my experience
Everything from fancy NVG shit to the most basic firearm

Small Arms Maintenance (up to .50 BMG) is as close as you'll get. There are no gunsmiths.

You could join as an armorer but they mostly just send stuff to DOD civilians to fix. also with a degree your qualified to be an officer, no armory officer jobs, find something else bro.

No
You cant weld on weapons as the heat from the heat affected zone of the weld ruins the properties of the metal and the vibrations from the gun wil eventually crack it

The best you could be is an armorer. Hopefully you get it. Your civilian education does not increase your chances of getting an MOS. The only criteria is that if the MOS is open. The only career fields that are directly based on your college education are Chaplains, Lawyers, and Medical Officers.
Even then you wouldn't be a gunsmith unless you are selected for your branch's precision rifle program and again, education doesn't mean shit. Open billets and being able to move to that billet determines that. The odds of you being a no-shit gunsmith are pretty fucking slim. Canadian armorers have a decent chance of doing it though. My friend is some kind of Warrant officer in the Canadian Forces and in his MOS training he was allowed to bring in his personal rifle for gunsmithing techniques like chequering and such.

>university degree
>familiarity with weapons
Yes. In fact, you'd probably be a prime candidate for officer candidate school.

Armores don't do shit other than clean and keep track of inventory.
Some piddly retard shit like changing stocks and other odds and ends that any complete retard can handle.
If you're even semi-competent you can do better.
If you're interested in the actual tech/innovation/engineering, you're going to have to pursue employment with defense contractors or companies that make arms.
Unless you come up with something game changing all on your own and have the business savy to develop it or sell the concept.

Yes. Do it.
You have a degree, love guns and I'm assuming you're not that old.

Navy calls them Gunner's Mates.

This

Gunsmith and robotics I would say Fire Controlman in the Navy is the best you can get.

Basically, management. They'll shove you off to management.

I confess that I didn't join up. I'm a little ashamed of it.
>management
Isn't that a good thing?

It's just another shoa.
Slide thread

What does a degree in robotics actually mean? Programming FANUC machines? I'd go for a mechanic job in the military, I bet they need more of those than gun repairers.

Also translates better to the civilian world too.

I wish I could join, cant join any branch do to asthma. I wanted a marine flight contract so fucking bad.

This.

I feel like these mods will make my hands explode.