Make $18/h, no raise after a year of working at current company

>make $18/h, no raise after a year of working at current company
>find out the new employees doing the same job are making $22/h starting
>ask my boss for $23/h
>"we'll see" he says, then starts rambling on about budget allocation approval or some shit

Who /ultimate wagecuck loser/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fjCH0yuxUv4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0pjW2ltKwI
youtu.be/xJAdY-NxgVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cuckbucks or USD?

I should have quit on the spot but everytime I'm out of work it takes me 6 months to find a new job. Most people can find a new job in a week using connections but I'm an introverted /wagecuck loser/

Cuckbucks

I'm a salaried engineer. Work only 30 to 35 hrs a week. 2nd year and making 60k before bonuses. Live in super cheap are. Get an education.

I only make $10 USD an hour, but I get by, thank god shit is cheap in rural unimportant areas.

Oooo sick burn kid

>No raise after a year
Hate to break it to you, but you're shit at your job and the boss is looking to replace you.

Search for a new job while you currently have a job you idiot.

>he doesn't have a union

You can't negotiate if you don't have a hand. Apply somewhere else, tell your boss you got a better offer. If he matches it, stay, if not, quit.

an engineer should be making at least 80

are you a sanitation engineer

>119006263
$12.40/hr here. Please send help

Wrong, I went from washing shit with a pressure washer and general labour to operating a tank farm and driving heavy equipment, and I'm always assigned to training people because I know how everything works

Feels bad man, I applied to a few but nobody is hiring

$12 in commiefornia part time.. kill me

I currently make about 100$/hr as a translator after years of NEETdom, only got the job because both my parents are relative mining bigwigs. Feels good to be part of the elite

>engineer.
(((engineering))) is the new high school diploma. I abuse idiots like you every day, as you're supposed to be my "boss". Crusty old union worker here. Companies use you like cheap rubbers.

Honestly, you're probably just not very good at your job.

>bigwigs
>100/hr

Kek

this man was shot in the face in a previous lifetime in order to have such a position with such little merit

A elite leaf, HA HA HA, thats like walmart tier to us burgers.

Starting salaries are in the 50-60K range for many disciplines and have been since they stagnated more than a decade ago. You do not go into engineering to get rich. Go get an MBA if you want to make money.

truth be told, i do make 100$/hr but the catch is that i barely do any hours. Lucrative job though, i recommend it

im really close to suicide today

>being loyal to a company that isn't owned by your family
LMAOing at your life
Better start updating that resumé

Let me guess...Ontario?

>such little merit
well, you can't be a translator without having college-tier understanding of multiple languages, so i'm not completely unqualified

>Training your replacements and being too illiterate to read the writing on the wall.

Shit or get off the pot. No one fucking cares obviously.

>im really close to suicide today
Don't do it bro. Live angry to piss people off like I do. My anger fuels me.

grampy, mom wants you to take your dementia medication

SO MUCH THIS
till i got kids, than Everything Changes!

i soo much miss beeing just angry

>grampy, mom wants you to take your dementia medication
Sorry your life sucks, kid.

Wtf do you think money is conjured out of thin air?

>100/hr
>bigwigs
Kek

Memeberta(Alberta)

I've been training people for 9 months if they were going to replace me they would have already, companies love a good wagecuck such as myself

I make $17/hr as a contractor. I get no benefits and have no way to gain an increase in pay unless I get hired on full time by the company I'm working with.

How cucked am I?

Why did you greenrext his entire post?

What's the point?

>How cucked am I?
Swede-tier.

>30-35 hours
>engineer
Being a subway "sandwich engineer" isn't a real job m8

>make 15k a year
>work 1 or 2 days a week
>owe essentially no tax
>eligible for all welfare because 3 kids and wife doesn't work
>live in a nice habitat house in a middle class neighborhood
>lots of nice and rich neighbors who help in a pinch when we're in a bind
Wage cuck ain't bad you just have to learn how to jew the system and get set. Only downside is you can't save much, but at 0% interest rates that doesn't matter.

>no way to gain an increase in pay
You're doing it wrong

Meant for

Massively cucked to the extreme. Why not start your own company? You'd be at $250 a day easily where I live.

You think you are as cucked as me?

I only made 15$ an hour full time 40 hours a week doing shitty warehouse.

When I finish paying my necessities I only have like 300$ of money left over at the end of the month.

>Memeberta

Stop, im gonna cum knowing that an Albertan is getting fucked good...

youtu.be/fjCH0yuxUv4

what do you do?

Working for yourself is the only way to become wealthy.

And that doesn't work in Canada.

Sorry leaffag

Go fuck yourself.

That video is from Winnipeg

I made $18/h in a warehouse back in 2011, then I went to trade school now I make $18/h again, if you adjust for inflation I'm worse off now than I was as a fresh highschool grad

Was making $7.25 in my first job, only had a few hours because I'm also in college. Quit pretty soon, it just wasn't worth it.

Thumbs down
For fuck sakes Canada Another P.C. Tim Hortons commercial embracing immigrants. This place is Cucked to the max.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=S0pjW2ltKwI

>That video is from Winnipeg

I know but everything west of Ontario is the 'West' for me...

youtu.be/xJAdY-NxgVE

>then I went to trade school now
Trades are a fools game. They are replacing us every day. We are not really needed.

Are you a negro?

Any actual engineers here? In my third year and reading threads like this make me think it's it worth it.

It's not worth it* jeez can hardly type after studying all day.

You're not supposed to just ask for more money unless it's just catching up with inflation.

Talk to your boss again and have several reasons (assuming there are any) you actually deserve a raise that aren't just "I want more money". If that doesn't work and he goes on about not being able to afford it, suggest the lost productivity of finding and training your replacement would be more expensive, especially if he's having to pay new hires more than your current rate.

>Any actual engineers here?
There are no actual engineers anymore. You guys don't make a pimple on the ballsack of our engineers from the 40s to the 70s. Fuckin assholes. My tool and die journeyman papers qualify me as more of an engineer than most of you idiots. In fact, mechanical engineering was born of the tool and die trade.

I spend 8 hours a day staring down at a plastic picnic table taking staples out of court documents and preparing them to be scanned. I make 11/hr. I hurt my neck and back from the strain of staring down at paper all day.

>Try to go to doc. They can't do anything cause it started while at work
>have to file worker comp claim and see company doc.
>He pokes and prods my back and says I have majors sprains, strains, and spasm from my neck down to my lower lumbar
>Doc leave room, then comes back says there's no way my injury was cause by work, and that it was an auto immune disease or something.

I spent 4 hours at a doc to be lied to, with no testing except the poking if my back.

This is the worst wage cuck job I've ever worked. It's an american bourn sweatshop. I'm expected to go thru basically 1500 pages + a night.

>suggest the lost productivity of finding and training your replacement would be more expensive, especially if he's having to pay new hires more than your current rate.
this

Resign dude.
If you don't respect yourself, why would your boss?

Also, I'm still in massive pain, and my job doesn't want to do so much as to raise our tables so I don't have to stare down at such an extreme angle.

>
>Are you a negro?
Iiiiiiii

>I hurt my neck and back from the strain of staring down at paper all day.
What a fucking cunt. I'm 41 years old, had a heart attack, and my neck is held together with titanium plates I crawl and climb onto shit that would make you cry.

>Also, I'm still in massive pain, and my job doesn't want to do so much as to raise our tables so I don't have to stare down at such an extreme angle.
Are you serious? I'm not joking.

Wiring up some lightbulbs doesn't make you an engineer, grandpa

>unless it's just catching up with inflation.
That's what he's doing. The current rate is 22/hour, that's what new employees make. He wants to be brought up to the current rate (matching the inflated price)

Just start looking for a new job. That generally how you get raises anyway.

No real point in negotiating with your manager w/o leverage anyway. As you saw, he diplomatically told you to go fuck yourself.

>tfw salary comes out to be a bit over $60 an hour.

>Wiring up some lightbulbs doesn't make you an engineer, grandpa
I keep machinery made from the 1930s till 2013 running. Ever do 277v lighting? Didn't think so, little boy. Get some life experience before you talk shit. Every night I get to fuck a milf of the sort that this board jerks off to. Oh, you're college educated. Who's really winning here? Would you like to hear about my defined benefit pension?

Nobody can beat me.

>work uber and lift
>make less then $10 an hour
>have to deal with cazies and ghetto fucks in my personal car

18 to 22 in one year is more than inflation.

Mexican Engineer here AMA

I make 3 USD an hour.

Hey man, I'm not saying I have it the worst. But if its that's bad now, will it not get worse as I'm older.

I'm bitching about something small sure, but the thread is wage cuck bullshit. I do menial bullshit work, for shit pay. All I want is a taller table. Our tables are 30" tall. I'm 6'6". I look like the fucking hunch back trying to do my job.

>I'm bitching about something small sure, but the thread is wage cuck bullshit. I do menial bullshit work, for shit pay.
Yeah, we all do. It's all fucking bullshit. I'm gonna die 15 years sooner than I should, but I traded it for money. Nobody that retires from a steel mill lives long. It's all in what you want out of life.

Have you considered just chocking the table up with a few bits of wood or phone books yourself? I'm not saying it should be your responsibility, but it strikes me as a problem you could solve easily yourself.

>Nobody can beat me.

Yeah, sounds like it. I made more than that back in 1991 delivering pizza in my '78 Blazer. Plus I rarely saw niggers. I'd make 150 bucks a night on Friday and Saturday, and this was in Assneck, Pennsylvania.

Cool story
Now make me a sandwich
Circa 5703

$38.57/hr
plz kill me

People doing the EXACT same job as me are making $22/h while I make $18/h, so I asked for $23(default starting pay + inflation + 1.5 years experience)

The only difference between us is they got hired in 2017 and I was hired in 2015

I'm serious and not joking, again I understand, you're older and work a hard job. I'm fairly young and not out of shape. I've never had something hurt my back this bad. I've worked oil rigs, I've worked in factories. But, yes I'm serious, this job has hurt more than all of them.

There's also countless people at my company with the same issues. Injuries in the neck and back from hunching over for 8+ hours aday. I have a coworker who used to work for our cities water company digging ditches and shit. He never hurt like he does now while doing that shit.

Anyone here into internet marketing?

The only Frenchmen I've ever had contact with were doing my training with Fivesstein, and they constantly stunk of BO. Disgusting. They were (((engineers)))

So what keeps you in the area? Family? Weasel boss is just betting you'll quit, so might as well come up with a plan B, C, and D.

I had relatives in Alb who made neetbux for not farming their acreage. I imagine that only applies to old timers who own huge sections of land.

Dude! No joke, I asked if I could do that, even if I provided the wood. Its not allowed. Said it would cause a safety hazard, which is funny cause it was the first time I heard them mention safety.

>mfw make 66k last year working for the government
Tho was working extra hours everyday.
10 hours a day

Then go on disability man. That is the modern American dream. There is no virtue in hard work. Fuck, I'm constantly looking for a reason to become a freeloader.

*made

I know man, this job ain't worth it though. I've had way better jobs. When the oil crashed couple years ago, I lost the job I had, and my entire town depends on oil so tons of other people did to. That's how I ended up removing staples and flipping pages all day.

You can say you got a better offer and ask your boss to match. He'll say yes and wait until you declined the other offer then fire you for trying to play him/not being completely obedient. You'll end up jobless.

I realized long ago that I'm just a replaceable lego brick, and I am the only one that cares about my interests.

Look for a municipal or school district job, they are usually cake if you don't fuck yourself over.

t. was meter reader until I fucked it up.

I don't want to freeload though, I enjoy working. I can't stand sitting at home stagnant. I just want to work and not hurt. 11/hr isn't Worthing hurting all the time and sleeping fucked up cause graveyard.

Just need to job. Feels good to bitch about it in the meantime user.

Yes, but "it's not fair" doesn't generally convince employers you deserve more. However if their only alternative to giving you a raise is having to replace you at the rate you're asking for (and losing an experienced employee at the same time), then you have a concrete economic argument for giving you a raise - it just requires convincing them you'll leave if you don't get it. Mention the ways in which your role and responsibilities have changed too and they'd be idiots to say no.

I don't believe you but what is your job?

$18 an hour is good nigger. That's like 2 cheeseburgers every fucking hour man, you're set for life. You'll never run out of cheeseburgers.

God dammmnnn you're one salty fucker. You're some old fuck but you're whining like a little shit.

I am into internet marketing

you should just get a new job

I've talked to multiple people at my school and asked them what to do. Almost all of them said they want to work for the government for "stability" and benefits. Not gonna lie, former capitalist here, I have to agree. Paper pushing is comfy and wagecucking in the freemarket is too much hard work for little squeeze.

>Work minimum wage job at an animal shelter
>physically, emotionally and mentally draining
>Get a 24¢ yearly raise
>Become a 'senior' staff member after just 2 years
>Get scolded for forgetting a single dose of meds while my coworkers OD on heroin and meth and keep their jobs
>Literally am told I can't go on lunch break because work
>Get paid the same amount as a coworker who does a quarter of the work I do because she is too dumb to be trained
>Pencil pushers who do less work get paid $2 more than kennel bitches
>Learn how to do said pencil pushing Job to fill in for people
>I don't get a raise because they said my job title was still kennel bitch not pencil pusher
>Two new employees who were hired less Than 2 weeks ago become senior staff with a pay raise, while hard workers who have been here months haven't become seniors
>New guy is hired as kennel staff at an hourly wage of $5 higher than everyone else for some unknown reason
>He immediately gets privileges to go to conferences, participate in abuse/neglect cases, etc
>2 months in and he has a super pencil pushing Job at the office with a salary
>Meanwhile I'm still fighting to take my vacation days
Being a wage cuck is hell.

What do you do nigger?

Are you established or just going through different niches and methods?