Steve Bannon is a strong believer of the Strauss Howe generational theory

>Steve Bannon is a strong believer of the Strauss Howe generational theory
>The next Fourth Turning is due in a few years
>Were already at the crises point

So what is the major catastrophe gonna be?
Civil War, World War or race war?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–Howe_generational_theory
youtu.be/Urtiyp-G6jY
youtu.be/rVaJlRBQGFU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Strauss Howe generational theory
THAT's what that shit's called. I read about that and the Sekhmet Hypothesis a long time ago, but only had vague memories of the subjects and didn't know what keywords to search for. I've been meaning to look this shit up again ever since the election. Fuck, this has been bugging me like you wouldn't believe.

Thank you based leaf, you're one of the good ones.

I really fucking hope it's ANY sort of war. I would love to fight for some grand cause and kill and die for it. I've dreamed about that.,

I truly believe men need war in order for healthy societies to form. I'm praying for this type of thing to happen. Life is too boring without it

Culture war.

>Reconstruction a "high"
>WWI not a "crisis"

kek

Sounds a bit edgy, desu. It's one thing to fantasize about that shit from a distance, it's just escapism, but actually living it can't be too satisfying. I mean fuck, ask anyone involved in the Donbass crisis in Ukraine or Arab Spring. I mean really, you can probably find someone on Sup Forums who was involved.

I mean I understand your feeling, I've felt it myself, I think it's some kind of atavism that's just hardwired into our makeup. But I think you have to have some self-awareness about it.

European civil war. It's already starting, some EU idiot is probably going to start some small minded military action against Poland or Hungary and set off the whole powder keg.

No. I grew up listening to my grandfathers and uncles talk about war all the time. It always amazed me their stories of brotherhood, of killing the enemy, of being part of world changing conflicts, of living every second of every day knowing that you can live or die and that you're fighting for a cause and your country

I really hope to feel that someday. Imagine being in Syria right now, at the age of like 22-23, fighting for the Assad regime against some death cult in the Northern part of your homelands. Imagine the glory and passion you would feel to fight for a cause like that. Men for centuries lived their lives as warriors. I think we are natural warriors and I think living without fighting to a certain extent is unhealthy.

Men need an crave purpose. What greater purpose in life could there be than pledging your life to kill and die for a cause? I know it's a bit of fantasy on my part, but I do want to experience it honestly

I think every other fourth turning is a mirror of each other. The first one revolutionary war, second civil war, third WWII. This will be a reflection of the Civil war so I would say social unrest that get's super violent. It'll be a war of Trump supporters against mentally ill leftists and minorities especially BLM Muslims and La Raza.

Age of Empires was a fun game.

>What greater purpose in life could there be than pledging your life to kill and die for a cause?
Practically anything, I think. Pioneering private space exploration, revolutionizing fusion energy, working the kinks out of that shit they're coming up with to turn CO2 into carbon fiber nanotubes or that zero thrust engine NASA was talking about a year or so back, all those top my personal list and "fighting and killing for a cause" would be a long, long way down.

Don't get me wrong, a part of me wants to wants to join the next Crusade and drive the Saracen back to the desert where they belong. Then glass the desert. Every time I see a picture of a Knight Templar my blood moves faster. But those are moments of emotion. When I'm calm and analyzing things soberly, the prospect of going to battle just doesn't do that much for me.

To be fair though, I'm starting to get old. Maybe it's an urge that dulls when you're getting past your prime, I don't know.

How old are you? You're right there's plenty of purpose to life. I'm just saying if the U.S went to war tomorrow, I don't think I would be able to stop myself from enlisting just for the experience.

>Don't get me wrong, a part of me wants to wants to join the next Crusade and drive the Saracen back to the desert where they belong. Then glass the desert. Every time I see a picture of a Knight Templar my blood moves faster.

I think about things like this often, how cool it would be to be a Roman solider conquering Gaul, or how great it would feel to fight for the Confederate army, fighting to establish your own country. War really does have it's appeal to men.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–Howe_generational_theory

>how great it would feel to fight for the Confederate army

Objectively horrible. The Civil War was gruesome as fuck. Your entire outlook on this is marred in idealism for the cause. The cause stops mattering when people are screaming as they die agonizing deaths all around you while bullets whiz past your ear.

World War. Shit is brewing everywhere.

Look. You may very well be one of the people who enjoy war about as much a possible (such as with Patton, Puller, and MacArthur) but until you've actually experienced it your talk is just that: talk. Don't get so eager about something you've only heard about secondhand. Here's a couple videos to ponder. youtu.be/Urtiyp-G6jY youtu.be/rVaJlRBQGFU

race war/holy war

dont forget the last event similar to our turning generation was the GI one and that was WW2......think WW2 but bigger and 2020 related......Islam/religion/Race are the only things as big if not bigger

lets not kid ourselves, we are part of a western/Christian empire and we are pushing the borders of the middle east now that Eastern Europe is over with....this will definitely be the next big hurdle....the middle east/islam/jews/religion

>War really does have it's appeal to men.
A lot of things are appealing, that doesn't make them beneficial, you know? Aw well, I suppose it's a moot point. If the happening is big enough, we'll all get sucked into it, whether we want to or not.

I need to start running and lifting again. I'm only thirty, but it's a decrepit thirty. Between some old injuries, older bad habits, and the effects of working a sedentary job for some years, I'm about as healthy as a fifty year old in practical terms. I need to fix that. But I'm always just so fucking tired...

The theory is flawed. It implies that generations differ from each other in a meaningful way. They don't.

We haven't not been at war since there were 10 Amendments you moron. I can't even fathom the naivete in the latter half of your post.

I hope to God, Kek, whoever is listening, that it doesn't involve nuclear or biological weapons.

I think civil war. We're going to see a color revolution in America.

>tfw you're sitting around getting drunk with the lads
>talk about the coming habbenings
>friend raises his beer
>"don't worry boys, the white man always comes out on top"
>toast

We can do this bros, everything's gonna be okay.

Official war you nigger not just interventionist bullshit. Like a world war you stupid nigger

Sounds like me and my friends kek. Love getting drunk and ranting about niggers with my friends

ID confirms Situation Normal: All Fucked.

Fuck man, Bannon seems more and more interesting. What's the best source to read about he is without (((their))) influence?

Crisis

According to the authors, the Fourth Turning is a Crisis. This is an era of destruction, often involving war, in which institutional life is destroyed and rebuilt in response to a perceived threat to the nation's survival. After the crisis, civic authority revives, cultural expression redirects towards community purpose, and people begin to locate themselves as members of a larger group.

what group are you going to become part of? its literally a pic your side generation lol

US civil war that leads into World War III and global collapse.

Generations do differ in meaningful ways. They literally grow up and are moulded in different societal conditions.

this is the one who breaks down and gets sent home and has a fucked up angry life in someshit hole american ghetto.

Global food shortage and civil war brought on by the ice age in 2030

sounds comfy desu fampai

Doubt I would honestly. Two years ago I was driving out of my friends apartment complex on New Years Eve. Some guy on a motorcycle was drunk as fuck and pulled out of the intersection fast as fuck and got absolutely plowed by an 18 wheeler. His girlfriend was on the back and got thrown all the way into the fucking woods next to the intersection. The guy got hit so hard his body was broken in half, with his spine broken and sticking out through his stomach. I immediately go out because I was the only person around and came over to his body. I called the police and sat there for over 15 minutes, watching this guy with his intestines coming out and blood all over the fucking place. His girlfriend was so far into the woods and so mangled I couldn't even pull her out, but the image of that guy with his blood everywhere, his broken neck and body sliced open by his own spine, it was fucked to say the least, but I handled it quite well honestly

I think I would have the mental toughness for war honestly

the only crysis is the one the media and
the america hating left is in, and we own all
the weapons in america so that is very very unfortunate,
for (((them))).

>But I'm always just so fucking tired...
thats a problem if you are 30....

>Civil War, World War or race war?
I wish

>when you meet some kid and he mentions "weaponized autism" right off the bat

It was friendship at first sight.

You have Sup Forums friends too? Isn't it the fucking best? A few friends I met last year browse Sup Forums and I had no clue they even did until I started noticing use the word degenerate.

Me and my other friends from back in my hometown still get together for some Jim Beam and on Saint Patricks day we spent the whole night getting drunk as fuck and ranting about the downfall of the West and talking about niggers. Last drink we had was accompanied by a couple Nazi salutes. Sounds cringey as fuck but it really is great fun to have Sup Forums type of conversations IRL. Thank GOD my girl was sleeping that night though holy fuck

The doubling of African's population in the next 20 years.

The catastrophe is a Trump impeachment (attempt)

>millennials
>Hero generation