Sup Forums, GMOS, share your opinion

Sup Forums, GMOS, share your opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7TmcXYp8xu4
sag.cl/sites/default/files/RES_1523_2001.pdf
extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/bacillus.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Say hello to more autims, allergies and cancer.
As well as pletora of new disabilities and new disease.

Pay more for meds. Live fast and die young.
Your jewish owners dont need your old ass.

I don't see the problem. Modified to give me more nutrients or for it to have more flavor, oh noes muh nature.

There's enough food to feed every starving nigger on this planet but who wants to do that? Certainly not the companies who are the producers of food. This is all about extending their liver-spotted hands over what arable land they have not yet taken over.

Technically, any plant or animal that has been selectively bred (i.e., all of the ones you eat) are GMO.

This board is filled to the brim with Monsanto shills. Obviously its unnecessary genetic engineering and it creates a slave relationship between the farmer and the corporation, which is awful enough considering its side effects from glyphosates and altered genes in the first place. Genetic Engineering has a place for consenting adults, like circumcision, but today most people have no clue what they're eating. All part of the UN soft kill plan

Bt corn is literally pesticide
Think about how many "food" products are made from corn

It's a gamble with people's health.

this, also especially here where fuck all grows because of our climate and salinity I think its great
the only actual valid argument against it I've heard is that it will increase population

This

GMO just makes selection shit go faster, but retards will bitch about anything.

humans are awesome

we didn't just do it to plants either, some breeds of sheep for example need to be shorn or the wool can suffocate them or make them sweat til they de of exhaustion and some cattle cant stop producing milk and can rupture their insides if they aren't milked.
humans have altered nature already

Fucking kys Monsanto shill nigger REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RARE

i'm against patenting them, stop being a homo

fuck sake man, you remind me of me when I was 15. they can alter it to be more pest resilient and it can save lives

Technically, breeding corn to be resistant to a certain herbicide and to produce its own pesticide is very much possible without a laboratory. Both of these traits show up naturally in some plant species already and, given the volume of corn produced worldwide, it's reasonable to believe that these traits have already appeared naturally in corn somewhere to some extent, or would in the future. It would then simply be a matter of selectively breeding those traits.

>gmofreeusa
>facebook
>facebook

Hurdurrr bro what r u 15 bro wtf durr save lives and stuff.

You have no argument you kike Monsanto shill, so go fuck off to normieville where someone might believe your Jew tricks.

Permaculture would be the answer btw. Kys forever.

>refers to a GMO toxin
>concludes with a statement about GMO corn

Are you larping as a retard?

it isn't a larpthe nukes were too much

The fuck are you talking about

What's it like to be retarded?

I wonder if its possible to grow a giant muscle to throw vehicles into space

That's ridiculous. Human muscles only operate at 25% efficiency, max.

you replied to the wrong post but anyway, I said I was against patenting them, they should be all of ours and anyone should be allowed to manufacture, grow and sell them

Gods gift, genetic engineering is the future of mankind

Hard not to agree with this gentleman.

You aren't the brightest one, doesn't it.

They are toxins, most genetical alterations aren't about better nutritional value, but pest resistance.

That same toxin has unknow effects on the human population on the long run, giving that they can grow uninterrumpted by that annoying nature, they also deplet the nutrients of the ground a lot faster destruying the source of income of the poor farmers.

That not counting all the patent laws that make illegal for farmers to reproduce monsanto seeds.

Well you can't.

Sadly, also profiting.

you could increase efficiency by feeding it directly with satturated blood. Human is unefficient because he has to breath, walk, mimic, think etc at the same time.

well I cant what?
the uni in my city is engineering genes to make crops more salt resilient and they will never be patented because they created it and there are laws that restrict patents on other peoples scientific discoveries.. here at least

>I have never seen intellectual steal before.

You don't understand. Even the act of throwing is an inherently inefficient activity. Your best design would end up mechanically resembling a catapult and at that point you would have better luck driving it through rotational power instead of a contracting muscle.

This is shit we've been doing since the dawn of agriculture. Certainly were better at it, but the risks it poses are risks that have always been around.

yeah, but I don't think that really relates with gov funded research that is being designed by students who have no affiliation with any businesses and all they are doing it for is grades, its all documented too

Creates a genetic lock where variability goes away risking entire crop base extinctions

That's the easy stuff to steal, a competition lab, with big lawyers may be a challenge, but your research can be legally stealed for pennies.

Yeah you're correct.

That image OP posted has a lot of wrong information.

there are no competitions, multiple students work on the same project and it remains the property of the uni and the government

R A R E
A
R
E

We have been making transgenics since the dawn of time when we only unravelled DNA in 1949? How's that. Poindexter?

>being against GMO's
Tell me you aren't this retarded Sup Forums

Eugenics.
fpbp
faggot

All life on earth is GMO. It's literally how evolution works. It really should be HGMO (H = Human).

They actually don't modify it for things like that. Really the main thing we do is to make sure the plant can tolerate normally toxic levels of pesticides.

And then we wonder when people eat the stuff why they get Crohn's and Celiac's. Guess what guys, you're getting it from eating too much fucking RoundUp.

If they genetically modified plants to help them acclimate to different soil types or use water more efficiently in dry climates it'd be one thing.

The way GMO tech is used now is pathetic and crude, GMO foods should be avoided at this juncture. Maybe in the future we can use this tech for something other than lining Monsantos pockets with shekels.

>fpwp

It's specially complex in our countries that depended of the rural population to counter city populations politically, GMOs producers are the main employers of inmigrant labor and the reason the american farm family life it's disappearing.

We've long been interfering with natural selection through selective breeding to better suit our needs. Plenty of 'natural' vegetables, fruits and other ingredients are only around because we bred them to be. We didn't need to understand DNA to realise breeding things together with traits we want, will more likely produce offspring with those traits.

I agree with this, user. This tech could be used to eliminate genetic diseases, not to engineer GM geese to shit dirty money for Monsanto

Well, D'uh, Gregor Mendel...
I am not talking black sheep crossed with white sheep here.
I'm talking (for example) white sheep crossed with Bomabadier Beetles or something that can never happen without genesplicing.

There's no proven link between GMO and celiacs or crohns. The pesticide sprays are washed off before reaching consumers anyway. What you want to be focusing on is the bt pesticide, which is genetically engineered to be created by the very cells of the organism. That said, even the bt is in small enough concentrations to be totally unable to affect organisms as large as ourselves. Another thing to consider is that poisons aren't all universal. For example we can safely ingest coffee and chocolate whereas these things are poisonous to other life.

selective breeding is not the same as transgenic and to argue otherwise is either ignorant or intentionally misleading. see infographic

The guy you were originally replying to didn't mention genesplicing, he was talking about the kind of manipulation that I explained.

To clarify, i know they aren't the same thing and that's not what I'm arguing. The other britanon was just being dense

Designed to make you sick and sterile. Literally cucking you to death.

>washed out

It's in the soil, it becomes a component of the plant, that's why they need to have in built resistance.

Even if you don't think the "conspiracy theories" have merit.

If GMO food is soooo good, if there's noooo difference between GMO food and regular food - why have they passed laws forbidding you from knowing whether or not the food you're eating is GMO or not? Why do they feel the need to hide this from you? What do they have to hide?

And why does any food that is GMO-free certified, why does it command a premium in the free market?

I don't really care I buy organic cause it taste better have you guys tried the modern day tomato taste just like water. I can't wait till all these companies get btfo and have to label there product fuck you monsanto

youtube.com/watch?v=7TmcXYp8xu4

please accept this Post of Excellence Award

>And why does any food that is GMO-free certified, why does it command a premium in the free market?
Because it costs more to produce.

Useful technology, but it must be monitored and controlled. Having one of two companies control it is bad, but it has the potential to increase yield to a point that less land is needed.

I prefer selected breeding like what's been done with weed 100's of different strains but some are hit and miss it takes time to get what you want selective breeding

so much bullshit in that image

> trans fats are artificial
they exist in nature dipshit.

> mice fed gmos....
wild claim from an unspecified "source" which happens to be a debunked study from a frog "naturopathic doctor" with zero scientific credentials using mice which were themselves genetically modified TO GET CANCER for the purpose of studying cancer....

> herbicide resistant plants can cross pollinate with weeds...
which weeds would cross pollinate with potatoes, corn, wheat rice, soya or any other food crop? im dying to hear the answer to this one.

> wild canola
really? "wild canola"?
"canola" is a GENETICALLY MODIFIED VARIANT OF RAPE
there is no "wild canola"
even if you meant "rape" there is no native rape in the americas, it is a west asian plant you dolt.
any exemplars found in the wild are "escapes" from cultivation.
it is an invasive weed when found outside areas of cultivation.

lern 2 agriculture you filthy muppet

>polsperg unironically defending Moishe Shekelbergs Biotech jewry

Hahaha "redpilled" my fucking refugee raped arsesehole
Kys, bluepilled regards

GMOs are basically giving up your food production to (((them)))
GMOs are poison

Just because it costs more to grow doesn't necessarily mean you can charge a higher price for it though. See what I'm saying?

I studied and worked in a GMO lab in college. From what I think I know, the concerns are hot air.
They just don't make sense. Besides, in this GMO lab, they had also conducted an experiment over time where they looked over billions of samples for naturally occuring beneficial mutations in crops.
Given: All crops have been hand selected over time to be better for our use.
And given: Natural mutations and cross speciation within a genome occurs without human intervention in nature.
Controlled changes to the genome can be beneficial. Honestly, organic scares me much more than gmo. Commercially grown organic foods have a much higher rate of disease and malnutrition. Would you rather eat seeds and fruit from a plant that was healthy or toxic?
Pesticide use: Decrease in pesticides, along with the allowance of less environmentally toxic pesticides arise from use of gmos. I like the idea of not dumping herbicides/fungicides/insecticides in our water source.
Nutrition: Increasing basic vitamins through controlled mutation rather than selecting over billions and trillions to find the mutation one wants seems like it makes sense.

The issue: Who controls it and how? This is true with GMO and not GMO. We have non human GMO changes all the time as well. Who has payed for it? Is anyone accountable and actually looking into people's best interest? Science in America right now is a fucking joke.

1. The public has a right to know if their food is GMO or not, just the simple right to know what your bying should trump this.
2.It is rare for GMO foods to have animal DNA in them but it does happen in the lab.
3.Most GMOs are designed to withstand more cycles of, and larger amounts of pesticides. These pesticides could eventually make it to your dinner plate and seriously mess up your gut bacteria.
4.2 and 3 make GMOs categorically different from cross bred foods.

> wild unsupported claims

firstly, BT producing corn (starlink) is NOT in the food supply. it was rejected by the fda because the BT levels were too high
curiously, BT is a batreial pesticide that has been used to kill corn root worms, nematodes and bud worms for decades,
BT spray dissipates to undetectable levels within a few days of application, but BT producing corn (still only starlink) maintained unacceptably high levels because it produces the stuff internally.
starlink was a FAILURE and is not on the market, not even as animal feed
quit lying.

secondly, GMO crops do NOT deplete the soil faster than other crops, whoever told you that is a retard.
glyphosate resistance is the most common GMO application, and it has zero effect on the food crop produced, or the soil conditions in the field.
poor crop rotation, excessive use of salt laden fertilizers and poor soil management are what causes soil degradation, not the planting of any particular crop, not even GMO crops.

thirdly, you dont HAVE to grow monsanto GMO crops.
you can plant any varietal you wish and plant those seeds at your pleasure.
in fact most crops are NOT GMO at all, only soya is predominantly GMO, and soya is a crop planted only by huge conglomerate farms for the subsidy.

stop spreading bullshit pablo.

I left genetics because I became an outcast. Asked a fucking question about global warming, some data that didn't look right, and received hella backlash. Fuck them. That was my decent. Where am I not allowed to ask questions? That's the shit you know is a (((real conspiracy))).

Selective breeding with DNA testing is much more efficient at this point than using retroviruses to add genes or CRISPR to deactivate them

I can fap to this.

Yeah I'm sure some illegal in a processing plant somewhere spritzing wheat with water will completely remove the chemicals that have been absorbed at a cellular level and leave no residue whatsoever.

Also it was known for at least a decade there was a correlation between smoking cigarettes and lung cancer, but no tangible evidence emerged for a long time because a powerful and rich industry pushed as hard as they could to prevent that.

Glyphosate will one day be identified as the cause of many autoimmune disorders, mark my words.

sag.cl/sites/default/files/RES_1523_2001.pdf

Welcome to the third world honey our politicians get paid to pass the laws that yours don't.

We also have more problems with Pioneer than Monsanto.

>sag.cl/sites/default/files/RES_1523_2001.pdf
> implying i can read mexican taco-runes

starlink corn was rejected by the fda and can not be produced in the US, i really dont give a squirt if you taco munchers eat it.

BT doesnt effect mammals anyway, not even in massive doses

the LD50 is over 5000 mg/kg so the average beaner would have to eat like 2 pounds of the stuff.

You eat it, TTP cutie.

Possibly. Have you really had a GMO tomato? Or did you just pay a premium for a greenhouse grown fresh tomato that was labeled GMO free to make you pay more? I fully support the idea of paying a premium for healthier, ripe picked food.

I also support your GMO free push for yourself. Do you know, however, how hard it was for me to find baby food that wasn't full of that toxic organic shit? Organic labels in food you don't see in its original form means myco, aflotoxins, less nutrition, and more fungus. Thanks for that.

But they have DNA in them user

Sup Forums BTFO

extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/bacillus.htm

i used to apply if moron, i have been exposed to more bt than you and your entire extended family will ever ingest from gmo corn.

it is a LIVE BACTERIUM.
i was drenched in it pretty much daily for a decade.

bt has caused no adverse health effects EVER.

however because it is classified as a "pesticide" starlink corn was reject due to "detectable levels" of BT toxin inside the plant's structure.

when applied as a spray, BT doesnt enter the plant, and degrades to undetectable levels in less than a day in sunlight.

starlink's fda rejection was bureaucratic, not scientific.
you could eat straight BT toxin without ever getting sick.

I think the most red pilled thing to do is to grow your own food the way you think is best, or buy from someone local you trust. The entire system is against knowledge of where your food comes from. Do something about it to control your own supply.

I'm ok with that, they also told us that DDT was safe before.

My point it's that they circumvent the regulations by exporting the crops to Mexico first and producing your food there.

It's probably in your Coca Cola now.

Agreed seems like your best bet since the labeling is horrible.
Also the science behind it all is a little weird I can agree with being unsure since just about 50 years ago everyone thought smoking tobacco was fine

Humans have been GMOing for centuries.

Instead of slowly breeding same plants with slightly different qualities to get the wanted result, it's now done in labs, but faster.

> supermarket tomatoes must be GMO cuz they taste like shit
youre retarded.

marketable tomatoes are picked green, shipped thousands of miles under refrigeration, then artificially "ripened" by exposure to alene gas

the net result is a grainy watery sour tomato that only looks good.

the "organic" tomatoes you purchased came from a local niche producer, was likely grown in a hothouse, and was shipped less than 100 miles, which is why you have to pay shittons of obamabucks with your EBT card for them

there are exactly ZERO gmo tomatoes on the market.
the only gmo tomato ever marketed anywhere was the "flavr-savr", which contained fish dna strands to resist refrigeration, so they dont get watery and grainy

the downside: the CAME TO YOU watery and grainy fresh off the vine

the upside: refrigeration didnt make them any worse

they were literally shit tier tomatoes that didnt get shittier from shipping long distances, so they remained exactly as shitty as they were when picked.

needless to say, they were a failure.
they havent been on the market since 1992.

those tomatoes you hate so much are the same ones you always got, just shipped from farther away thanks to NAFTA driving california and arizona tomato farmers out of business

now your tomatoes come from chile, argentina and guatemala instead of arizona or cali.

grow your own, it's not hard, and youll realize that even the "good" tomatoes you pay so much for are shit.

see

ddt IS safe you dolt
the book "silent spring" was a huge pack of lies
the author admitted she pulled all the facts and figures right out of her ass.

ddt didnt thin the eggshells of birds, it was mercury, so for 30 years mercury pollution got a free pass as ddt took the blame for bird deaths, and millions of people died from insect borne diseases that could have been prevented.

rachel carson admitted she made the whole thing up because she felt the burning need to do SOMETHING, even if it was the wrong thing, but it's ok, she did it for the greater good...

Do you have anything resembling a source for that?

Seconding this. I've never heard such ramblings before and am initially disinclined to believe them, but would prefer for the facts to help me make that determination. If there are such facts.

my god this entire thread is just one big disaster

Shill

>being this braindead

those (((modified nutrients))) are sure doing a good job with all of the health problems epidemics across the burgerland

(((Monsanto))) now Buyer literally owns usa kike government agency FDA

Gmo=Monsanto
Monsanto is owned by a Jewish family

GMO doesn't mean exclusively Monsanto. I agree that Monsanto do need to be stopped, but calling all GMO evil because Monsanto is evil is backwards

fucking monsanto they should be executed

isn't it still legal to produce espestos in american just because of these fucks?

That's not the fault of GMOs, that's the fault of being in a society with a surplus of cheap food and zero incentive to engage in physical activity.

The best jobs in the country require you to sit in place for 8+ hours a day, and $5 will buy you a 1500 calorie breakfast from Burger King (Ultimate breakfast platter, costs $4.29).

It takes a conscious effort in modern society to control your intake and stay under 2000 calories.