California Criminalizes Fake (Alternative) News

The first AND second amendment no longer apply to Californians.

The California Assembly will be one of the first legislatures to try to ban so-called “fake news”.

The bill, filed Wednesday in the Assembly’s Committee on Privacy and Consumer Affairs, seeks, essentially, to make it a crime to be wrong on the Internet. The text of the bill implicates anyone who writes, publishes or even shares news stories they know could be false, if those news stories later have an impact on an election.

SEC. 2. Section 18320.5 is added to the Elections Code, to read:
18320.5. It is unlawful for a person to knowingly and willingly make, publish or circulate on an Internet Web site, or cause to be made, published, or circulated in any writing posted on an Internet Web site, a false or deceptive statement designed to influence the vote on either of the following:
(a) Any issue submitted to voters at an election.
(b) Any candidate for election to public office.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB1104

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/alternative-facts-alert-proposed-legislation-bans-fake-news/
heatst.com/politics/first-in-the-nation-california-attempts-fake-news-ban/

Still waiting on the list of fake news stories about Clinton

What is the First Amendment, Alex.

ministry of truth incoming

So does this include black lives matter and there hands up don't shoot bullshit?

I don't know. It's very similar to defemation/libel/slander laws and I saw this coming from the beginning.

You obviously shitty that Facebook groups pop up that publish lies in order to push an agenda and moronic Christians just latch on to it but if they're a genuine schizophrenic who believes what they say as true then is it fair to punish them?

I think finding intent is almost impossible with cases like this. Should CNN writers be jailed for pushing the Russian hacker hoax? What happens in court? Who sues?

I hate when people think this is a black and white issue.

No. If it is not libtard news it's banned.

inb4 fake news is lies + privilege

Anything jews consider to be hatefacts.

I mean but you could prove intent to mislead since 3 different autopsies said he wasn't shoot in the back or with his hands up and they still push that shit.

this
>your newspaper lies on the daily how is it not banned?
>nooo lying is journalism + privilege so i cant lie

>California
>Actually doing something against BLM

>Lefties and niggers caring about facts
I don't think you realize how delusional these people and monkeys are.

>WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE CALIFORNIA IS TRYING TO BAN FAKE NEWS, WE ALL KNOW THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS FAKE NEWS, CALIFORNIA JUST WANTS TO BAN FREE SPEECH

>HAHAHAHAHA YOU GO DADDY TRUMP, TELL THOSE STUPID SILLY LIBTARD FAKE NEWS ORGANIZATIONS TO FUCK OFF, ONLY FOX NEWS IS REAL NEWS

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE YOU SHITLORDS!

>yfw the left are becoming more and more fascist as they realize they are becoming more and more irrelevant and delusional

It's white speech, of course it's banned in California

Telling them to fuck off for relentless and baseless attacks on him. Versus passing legislation that will be immediately overturned by Supreme Court.

>only illegal to do so on the only medium where content can truly be grassroots, and be easily user created and distributed by anyone regardless of political or economic standing
>TV broadcast can still lie their asses off
I wonder who is behind this.

well there goes the first amendment

lol, and these are the same people that unironically site 1984 as an argumentative piece in their favor...

liberals pls kys

All we need is one based prosecutor

In both scenarios (which are totally different) the bias is against Trump. Trump still wins.

kys

Sniff don't say it was us it was them
Left Sup Forums had nothing to do with this
It was all Shia LaBeouf

FUCK THIS GAY STATE

sincerely hope you die

this is legitimately illegal, no way this doesn't get struck down

if hillary won? since trump won? they won't be allowed to. freedom of speech exists in america gonna get btfo by lawyers

>tfw you will live to see California go full commie and kill itself.

>be a little retard subhuman libshit
>want to ban free speech
kys

So what would happen to CNN if somebody could prove theyre liars in court?

Its already dead user. You are seeing a shuffling corpse.

California is what happens when you let degeneracy win.

>be a little retard subhuman republitard
>want to ban free speech
kys

Why does California want to be reamed by the Supreme Court... Oh wait

FPBP and THIS.
we should meme a demand for this list into reality.

>Banning fake news in CA stifles free speech
vs
>Banning "fakes news" from the White House because they're being mean to Trump doesn't stifle free speech

>Sweden

>banning fake news
isn't freedom of the press the cornerstone of American politics?

isn't it literally the very first law they made?

There's a difference between calling something fake news and actually making it illegal.

Fucking faggot.

>only on the internet
I sure wonder who is behind this.

The kek has spoken

CNN BTFO. HAHAHAHA.

>after lying about him and creating fake news the entire campaign cycle, CNN and Buzzfeed team up to share an unverified and obviously false story about how the President of The United States goes to Russian hotels, requests Obama's old bedrooms, and pisses on hookers in there but he shouldn't call CNN fake

I'm sure you will identify this as "mental gymnastics", but the White House isn't preventing the reporters from saying anything, they're merely preventing certain reporters from attending the WH Press Briefings, which is a privilege to attend—not a right.

Another virtue-signaling legislative proposal, with a lifespan of about 20min in an actual courtroom if actually passed and implemented even once.

Damn I'm on a roll

Lies that harm someone's reputation have always been illegal.

legitimate question here: are you retarded?

Bit of a difference between pointing out that people lied about you, and making it illegal for them to say anything. The first is an exercise in free speech, and the second is anti-free speech and anti-free press.

FUCK THIS GAY STATE, FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
Fuck this, I have my first amendment right and it shall not be infringed. I'm going to publish whatever the fuck I want to publish. But do you know what this means? This also means we can use it against MSM. I'm not even kidding. Listen carefully. ALL california fags make sure to save the article. When you see or hear about a fake news article about a candidate, fucking save it. I'm going to out jew the fucking jew on this one. Save all the false media reports. Once it's all compiled I'll personally file a complaint with all the evidence. This is bullshit. We can't let the government try to control the narrative no matter what. Keep posting what you believe is to be true. There's no way they can try to prosecute us like this. How can an average citizen know what is actually factual and what isn't factually displayed on the news without citing sources? How can the media now run in California without citing sources? Now we have start questioning sources and what happens if it's wrong and we publish whatever the fuck we think is true anyways? There's no fucking way this can be enforced.

it's about time someone does smthg about this epidemic

>Uranium One deal
>Donna Brazile giving Hillary questions in advance
>DNC "taco bowls" comments
>etc
>"lies"

He speaks again

>your rights end where my feelings begin!!

This isn't an exaggeration, this is how the leftist thought process works.

Literally 1984

Does this mean they are going to shut down CNN here?

Is California trying to crash the MSM without survivors? Dare we say it's /ourstate/ now?

Why did you save a thumbnail?

She had pnunmonia.

How do you know.

The campaign said so.

Same thing with slander

Big networks are impervious to any serious litigation against them. They have teams of lawyers checking over any legal issue and to prove malicious intent of anything they say in a courtroom would be impossible.

Same with their political agendas. People consider propaganda just lying. They don't realise true propaganda wouldn't be effective if it was just false. In the Mike Brown case, CNN and MSNBC would have a the family of Brown speaking and crying, they'd show "witnesses" claiming he dindu nuffin, then they'll cut to half hour shows about legitimate cases of police brutality where they interview the family and get the emotions flowing, then back to Brown family lawyer claiming he dindu muffin and then back to protests that they'll claim are peaceful no matter what. Then Ferguson has riots, firefighters and police shot, buildings burner down and these media stations absolve all responsibility.

And anything in print, you fucking moron.

I know it's difficult but read a paragraph.

>pnunmonia

>super contagious infection
>doing photo-ops with kids and other elderly people

Facts and laws are for the goys

Remember when Are was like a chilled out /. rather than a liberal blog with videogame reviews?

Who decides if news is fake?
If I believe the story, am I still a criminal?

The fake news gambit was always a slow roll to censorship.

and how will they even do this? fucking christ this state is double retarded. NEED I REMIND YOU OF LEELAND YEE???

LOOK WHAT THIS STATE HAS DONE TO MY AR WHAT THE DOUBLE CHRIIIIIIST

>"Supporting law enforcement means supporting our citizens’ ability to protect themselves. We will uphold Americans’ Second Amendment rights at every level of our judicial system."

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

FIRST AND SECOND AMENDMENTS SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK TO CA BY THE FEDS IF NECESSARY

MAKE CALIFORNIA GREAT AGAIN

Looks like Parkinson's or hep C from where I'm sitting.

I'm actually in bed reading spicy memes on my phone.

SHARTBLUE JUST GOT BTFO. HAHAHA.

Yup this only affects the poor, the mentally ill, and uneducated people. This is discrimination

CALI BROS
Start saving the news articles that are definitely false. Go pick up some newspapers and find the bullshit in it. We need to fight back against this bullshit immediately. You guys want to team up?

MSM will be sued so hard.

>implying California Demoncrats wouldn't be the arbiter of what's "real" and what's "fake"

Yes please.

Oh yeah, the liberal judges will give the harshest penalties to news agencies, whose CEO they are related to or are very close friends with

Calxit

Why can't you let me have fun? You're no better than (((them))) when you do that.

Do they not realize the level of abuse and corruption this is susceptible to? Or is that the end goal.

I know you're trolling or a paid shill but I'll bite.

In on instance, they're kicking out people from their private meetings that belong to them. Those kicked out people have no problems afterwards except not being in something most people are never in anyways.

In the other instance, they're making it illegal for millions of people to do what they don't like and will punish them in their everyday lives for doing so. Those people are now in jail.

Simple because I can

God damn

"God damn all these problematic, racist facts!"

"it's turning people into literally Hitler! "

" wat do? "

" let's do what uncle Joe did! "

" make the truth illegal! "

Do a barrel roll

Quite sure some of them realize and anticipate it, while the rest are useful idiots who are blinded by their faith, by being "just".
Interestingly enough, they are in the process of creating exactly that bleak future, which they prophesize under trump.

>How will CNN ever recover?

CNN blown the fuck out.

How will they recover?

More like CalReenter

It won't they burn me one too many times
Kek

>false or deceptive statement designed to influence the vote
This is going to backfire on them gloriously. Cali will have to block ALL MSM from the airwaves and internet. They may be forced to close Hollywood completely down.

I'm a bot, bleep, bloop. Someone has linked to this thread from another place on reddit:

* [r/the_Donald] Sup Forums - California Criminalizes Fake (Alternative) News - Politically Incorrect