Why is the rampage of (((modern architects))) tolerated by society?

Why is the rampage of (((modern architects))) tolerated by society?

costs, time, manpower

The how come pic related could be built cheaply 80 years ago, but not today?

this

workers got fucked over, no unions, no breaks

All right. Then how come pic related could be built today?
We're in the XXI. century, don't tell me we can't mass produce buildings with traditional architecture

Because they had to rebuild after the war and didn't have time to design everything as it once was how hard is this to understand.

Lots of buildings were demolished after the war because of political reasons, especially in Eastern Bloc countries. Usually because of bullshit reasons, like "too fancy" or "it will remind people of the old regime" or simply in the name of "progress". pic related is another example for this.

A very good question, Lazlo.

Pic in your OP isn't even the worst they can do to our buildings even though the original look more imaginative and interesting than the new one.
I have no idea who signs these papers that allow a grand building with towers and protruding parts and such a nice and complex roof to be replaced by such a boring and bland shit. Has the upper building destroyed in a war or did really someone think that it should be downgraded by 2 stories and rebuilt more ugly?

People are getting dumberer.

We're living in a mass produced society, and architecture is not an exception, my fellow countryman. Everything has to be as cheap as possible. That's why they use glass, steel and concrete everywhere.

To make people forget their roots, so they Would be easy to control

It was damaged, but it wasn't too severe. The simplification was completely unnecessary. The official explanation was: The Tudor gothic building too fancy for a building next to the Matthias Church

great job there huns

Is this in the works? That top building looks terrible

There are other standards in bulding houses. For safty reasons and all that stuff. Thats why you cant build houses like once. And because not cheap

idk dude, top building doesn't look unsafe to me

The demolition of the top building was finished recently. It was ugly and shit quality. The new building will be finished in 2018, with the original facade plans

Yes. Top building has already been demolished.
>All right. Then how come pic related could be built today?
It's a government project, therefore cost efficiency is not the top priority. For corporations it is.

We're in the XXI. century, don't tell me we can't mass produce buildings with appealing architecture, because if that's the case, then we're going backwards when it comes to urban planning.

Cool. Yeah I'm not nearly as anal about this stuff than most people in these threads, but who on earth thought that was a good idea? It looks like something that belongs at an airport.

It's called value engineering and it kills the architect

Then how come pic related was built cost efficiently recently by a corporation?

Im not saying its not safe but it is "not safe" for todays standards. If something happens you would have to pay en mass if you new buited house wasnt on those new standards
Yes we could but it wouldnt have the same quality like once. But the bigger issue is that it isnt asked. The market dont wont that kind of arcitecture anymore. Its like weapons. You could make them like in the 18. or 19. Century but nobody would buy them (well /k/ maybe)

>about quality
To be honest, most modern office buildings are built in cheap quality. 20 years and they are demolished, or in the dire need of a renovation

>cheaply

The wealth of the colonies was coming in back then

why do you think Belgium is so damn rich? we had like 35 people and half of the congo slaving away for our bank accounts

>It was damaged, but it wasn't too severe.
Yeah, looks bad but recoverable. Too bad.

>The Tudor gothic building too fancy for a building next to the Matthias Church
Oh come on. They are making these shitty excuses up as they go. We have super silly explanations for our architecture here in Germany, too. It's infuriating.

exactly this.
We have building machines and cranes and cheaper materials now. Yet we build super cheap shit that doesn't even last very long.
Our architectural culture has undergone a disastrous corruption and dereliction like it wouldn't have been imaginable just a hundred years ago. I weep for our old cities.

Agree. Even commieboxes could me modernized in an old-fashioned way to have a more appealing look

Would be diverse like right now :) we germans are really stupid, because you know the naziss... Now the africans come and make us smarter bcuz they are doctors and engineers... Not like stupid racist germans now everyone is german :)

Forgot shity pic

Because no one cares about your pretentious artisan facade.