CATERPILLAR LAYS OFF 800

Caterpillar just closed their plant in Aurora, Illinois

>chicagotribune.com/business/ct-caterpillar-aurora-closing-0401-biz-20170331-story.html

HAS DONNY SPOKEN ON THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

abc7chicago.com/business/caterpillar-closing-aurora-ill-plant/1828696/
dailyherald.com/article/20170331/business/170339708/
bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2017/03/31/caterpillar-closing-suburban-chicago-plant.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Didn't a bunch of their facilities get raided recently?

WTF DRUMPF

Not that I know of, but it seems likely.

Another source

>abc7chicago.com/business/caterpillar-closing-aurora-ill-plant/1828696/

Big building and construction is way down. The economy is not what everyone expects. There was never any recovery. Debt is at all time levels.

Student loan bubble
Students working shit jobs not putting any money towards ss
Subprime car loans
Luxury condo bubble, see Florida
China no longer building fake cities..

Fed reserve gonna get audited.. this is the black swan..

Pfft, why would he? He's president now, he doesn't have to pretend to give a fuck any more.

So they get paid a week for every year they've been there? Gay, but better than nothing i guess.

>dailyherald.com/article/20170331/business/170339708/

>bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2017/03/31/caterpillar-closing-suburban-chicago-plant.html

That's a pretty decent chunk of money for a UAW lacky that's turned bolts for 25yrs.

>inb4 they have the gall to announce a new plant in another country

Maybe being under FEDERAL INVESTIGATION by multiple agencies scared away potential contracts? Why would any customer want the Feds rifling through their corporate info from the CAT due diligence files?

Sucks my dad is one of those 800. Give 30 years to a company just to have em say fuck you you're on your own at the drop of a dime. Learn a trade peeps.

>Shut down plants in one part of the country
>Move to another part of the country
What is the problem?

I'd rather have a John Deere. Bobcat makes a better skidsteer aswell

Trump regularly talked about fixing the economy so companies like Caterpillar. He named Caterpillar dozens of times as an example during his speeches throughout the campaign would be able to compete with it's Japanese rivals. So much for that...

it didnt actually move.
it just told them to get jobs at another exsisting plant

BUT MUH CARRIER

Its actually a layoff, which isn't the same as losing your job. Not to mention the article goes on about moving production to other facilities. Workers can either move with the production or they can wait until the company reactivates again.

I think the left needs to do some research on how these things work. This is embarrassing.

I feel for him, but at 30 years that put him in his 50s. Did he at least start a retirement program or any savings?

He'll get 30 weeks salary as compensation. Not too bad, really.

>inb4 liberals blame Trump for this while saying the jobs being created are from Obama's fiscal period

>Learn a trade peeps.
unless it's at catepillar

They're not moving to another country, they're moving to another state

Depends on how u view Illinois and chicagoland. Taxes are horrendous. Also not like jobs are disappearing. Just moving to a different state.

Fuck illinois

Illinois is the fucking Chrysler/Glue-sniffer/crayon-eater of the midwest. It's like they're on a permanent death spiral non-stop.

They're the only state in the country that has actually lost population in the past 5 years. All this despite their neighbors in Wisconsin, Indiana, and Iowa doing just fine.

Fellow Illinoisans, what can be done to MIGA?
>Don't say nuke Chicago

Nuke Chicago.

Meh, they boomed off the back of China, this was inevitable once China began its slow implosion. Just another reason to deport illegals.

So if someone had worked their for 25 years full time, they would get that full amount of 25 years as severance?

Thank seems really good if true.