Russian here. Ask me anything

I'm Russian ask me literally anything about russian culture, politics, memes etc

Pic related

why do you hang rugs on the wall?

We're all Russians too though.

whats the gay situation like? are gay people beat up on the streets or are there just alot of disappointing looks?

Babushkas think it's luxurious and shows good taste.

Why are CS:GO and GTA 5 full of russian 12 year olds?

Most gays are in the closet and for a good reason.

why do you have a confederate flag and MAGA cap?

Do Russians actually like Putin?

Is the whole Russian culture of thuggery and gopnik lifestyle a meme?

Have you guys grown out of it yet?

Хyи coceшь?

Games like CS and Dota are popular among schoolboys for historical reasons. Most people started gaming while in school school, in the "computer clubs" that had PCs with this game installed. Thus started the tradition of the raging 12-year old CS player. I think.

Is your bathroom the most sparkly part of your apartment? Why do Russians put so much effort into making their bathrooms look so - different - from the rest of the place?

Bump
I would like to know this also.

It's similar to the British chavs.

Because deep down, your average Russian is a redneck. Bet they'd listen to country music if they had country music.

In Moscow it's mostly a meme. In poorer parts of the country, not so much.

So, not really a serious epidemic then?

Just lowlifes who act like hard gangstas but are really just pissants who run at the sight of a cop?

What food is that on the right? Looks like something pickled.

I was very invested in the Trump campaign and followed all the news, blogs, etc for some weird reason. I don't know, just seemed extremely interesting. So some of my friends bought me those from a special online store here in Moscow.

Any fun things to do in Volgograd? My girlfriend is taking me to go visit her family there in the summer.

>one post from this id

Is pickle)))))

Yup, these are authentic Russian pickles.

What are you trying to say?

russian hacker

kek. Underrated

doesnt babushkas mean pissant little nothing?

They do, as indicated by both the Western polls and the Russian polls.

I'm trying to learn Russian, and so far I can only read and enunciate Cyrillic. What should I know?

Give us a little bit of your background. If you're some 18 y/o NEET, I can't take your info that seriously.

"Babushka" literally means "grandmother".

I think it means mother. I know for certain that Batushka means father.

What's up w Russians and credit card fraud and bank fraud from computers

Yeah it's all counties but u know Russia is best at it

Question is why?

Have western sanctions had an impact on normal Russians (currency devaluation)

I work in IT and like Sup Forums. That's all. You don't have to take me seriously if you don't want to.

No, it's a stratum of the society.

Is Russian Standard a popular brand of Vodka over there? For its price, I've literally never had a better brand. The Platinum kind is even better but I usually don't spring the extra cash.

Also, why can't you guys into hockey anymore? And can you please translate this meme?

Are you in the military or kgb?

))))))))))))))

Probably the same reason there are many good Russian programmers - the tradition of putting math education on a pedestal.

How's that world cup preparation is going, ruskie?

I've got a feeling it will be fun as fuck and the openings and musics will be sweet, as I love russian traditional music.

>Also, why can't you guys into hockey anymore?
Ovechkin != all russian players

Do you work for RT?

Forjive me pleaje.

The dative and accusative cases will give you the most trouble. If you can understand what's going on and why you use one and not the other and how it changes the meaning of things, you'll be quite a long way towards mastering that style of grammar.

They also have way too many verbs of motion and they have a very very weird way of saying "I have X".

How significant is the communist influence in Russian politics?

More or less than in USA today?

The meme is basically "Shorry, pshease". The joke is how he sounds because of the missing teeth.

Not really into hockey. sorry.

Learn (to differentiate) the cases and remember the noun declension (genders, cases, etc). I think this'll be a good point to tackle.

Makes sense a focus on math and science breeds societies of computer ppl thanks for reply you communist enemy

how common is crime and violence and the how effective is the punishment for it

This OP, did Vasily not give you debriefing yet? 2 year Bunker for stupid use of comms.

Any reasons why I should or shouldn't visit Russia? I have a little bit of money saved for a trip away from burgerland for a week or so. I'm trying to decide between Moscow, Madrid, and Berlin. If I do go to Moscow are there any historical sites I should visit?

Kek, it took me a minute to get that.

Will you be white Christian ally to white Christian USA?

OP is it safe to walk around the streets at night or is it likely you will be robbed or killed? Whats the nightlife like in RUSSIA?

The Communist party is basically "old people party". It is (formally) in opposition to Putin, but has no chance of doing anything meaningful. The widespread opinions is that they are what we call "controlled opposition" - an illusion to make us feel like we have political diversity.

Are you white?

Western Christians are cucked beyond redemption

Russians and southerners are indistinguishable.

What is the age of consent in Russia?

>but has no chance of doing anything meaningful
glad to hear

at least one country has its communist indoctrination in check

Years of brainwashing

Where is my pay for shilling trump last year

OK. I asked in order to make a more pointed questions.

So, do you think there are some imperial ambitions, so to speak, among general Russian population, with regards to Baltic states, the rest of Ukraine or even Poland/Slovakia/Czechia? I think it's pretty much BS, because Russia has enough of its own problems already, but NATO/Anglo-Zionist shills in our countries are feeding these fears. "If we don't strongly condemn the capture of Crimea and blablabla, then we are next".

It depends on a place, in the tourist areas such as the center of Saint Petersburg or the center of Moscow it's very unlikely to get into a trouble. The outskirts and rural areas where the police has almost no power can be dangerous.

Saint Petersburg is amazing. Best place to visit in Europe

Should I move there?

Hi, I know thre has been sanctions and stuff since that whole Ukraine thing. Is this anything that affects the average russian person?

If you could tell regular people in EU to do something / change something about themselves, what would it be?

Depends on the region. Heavily Muslim and strictly ruled Chechnya recently had an anti-gosh raid.
Gays are disliked but funny thing is, what mot people dislike about them is the pride parades.
Being gay is a no-no here, open sexuality display is a no-no. These will give you stern looks more of the time, but nothing major unless you meet highly violent folk.
Both being gay and openly displaying your specific sexual tastes is like fucking a dog in the middle of the street in the West, I'd assume, in terms of reactions people will give you.
Tl;dr Russians are intolerant but won't do much unless you provoke them.

Multiple reasons.
Covering damage on the walls;
A substitute for wallpaper;
Raises the thin walls' temperature and noise protection;
Decoration, a sign of wealth.

Fuck no.

do russian girls have tasty pussy?

If you're in Moscow, visit the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour - it's beautiful and unique, doesn't matter if you're religious or not.

It's nice in a summer, the other seasons are slushy, dark, rainy and shitty.

Thanks.

Who's your favorite Russian leader and if you could change one thing about your country, what would it be?

They don't like him but they can't say anything because freedom of speech doesn't exist over there and dissent is often arrested.

Here, I'll prove it by having one Russian on this thread call Putin a dick head. If they can't, Russia is corrupt as fuck and nobody likes it.

Drinking, smoking, maturity age - 18.

Yes.

Show me your gun user.

Eh. He is liked because he is better than Alcoligula, who is almost universally disliked. Plus he does some good stuff.
Levada does a fairly accurate rating of his support, actually.

Opinion on Gopniks

mostly

>1991
Universe is laughing at me.

WHY DO YOU SQUAT

WE ARE YOUR WOMEN WHORES

Putin is a dick head.
OH SHI

>WE ARE YOUR WOMEN WHORES

Um, no thanks.

Pickles. You can't really drink unless you have pickles or bread.

Why do you think the US intelligence agencies make up shit that implies Russia can control US elections? Do you find it more on the side of Hillaryious as a Russian or more just sad?

Wow, nice.

Mind if a burger goes to visit some nice Russian girls?

what do russians eat mostly? do they have pizza in russia?

A fantastic rug is as decent a piece of wall decoration as any other work of art, though I personally would probably not do it.

What can you tell me about Ekaterinburg?

>squat
Comfy pose for waiting, better than sitting on the ground.
>whores
Imagine living on potato for five years. Working for free, hoping that your boss will actually get money to pay out the long-delayed wages. Working your ass off at a dacha to get the potatoes.
Imagine being a child in 90s. You wake up one day, check on your piggy bank. Some money is missing - your mother took it to add a bit of sausage to your usual daily meal of potatoes.
Bad life, in short.

Holy shit, I'm calling the KGB!

>What can you tell me about Ekaterinburg?
shithole, but it's slowly getting better
t. resident

Will you get beat up for wearing a MAGA hat in Russia?

Do Russians still hate/mistrust Americans even after Trump's win?

Russia dominates the media here but that's because the media is trying to destroy Trump by making it look like he is a Russian agent. Obviously we know that isn't true.

What does the average population know about cycbercrime and hacking over there?

Are most the hackers in bed with the FSB?

Do you support Putin? Are prices higher after sanctions?

Haha, you'll wake up with no wallet or pants.