On average, americans consume 86 grams of sugar per day

>On average, americans consume 86 grams of sugar per day

Thats just crazy.

I'm convinced that there are two major causes for the obesity epidemic going on in the U.S.
Excessive drinking of soft drinks, and high-fructose corn syrup in most food products.

A friend of mine who went to america on vacation said that even their toast tasted sweet. Like as sweet as some sweet pastries that we eat over here.

Does the food industry add corn syrup to everything just to make their products taste better, or is there a sinister plot going on to make our burger friends die from heart failure and diabeetus?

I have been to America and everything there tasted sweet. My stomach hurt really bad at the end of the trip.

> 86 grams
Put that in American so we know how much it is.

Yea the corn lobby's have forced high fructose corn syrup into everything.

3.033561oz

Yes, sugar is the culprit. Even I avoid the desserts because they're too sweet.

ever read a food nutrition label, idiot? they're in grams in the US, I live there

only 86? That's surprising. That's only a 12 oz coke and a few strawberries

Pretty much this

this country is retarded and puts sugar in just about everything even if makes the product taste worse.

>Does the food industry add corn syrup to everything just to make their products taste better

Yes, but it's also added as a preservative, which makes whatever it's added to last much longer, so it's easier for the manufacturer to store and ship.

Pretty bad though, you can still buy local fresh bakery items pretty much anywhere you go, but expect 95% of restaurant&store bought to be bad for you.

I can confirm. Also, they call pic related "bread". We call it toast.

you must have been eating shit food. though many of us are fat, there are plenty of thin penople who buy food not ladened with sucre

you live in US, but your flag is france?

The sugar is in everything. Bread, bacon, you name it. Things you would never expect have it. People eat tons of it without knowing, and then they become dependent on it.

It doesn't help that it's no longer socially acceptable to shame fat asses. These obese fuckers don't change their ways in part because they're told it's normal and heathy. It's fucking disgusting. Our country is quickly becoming a dysgenic nightmare.

Hitler could have stopped this.

there are plenty varities of bread in the rocery store, let alone bakeries

It's genuinely more about carbohydrate starch sugars than pure intake of desserts/soda/etc. I realize at the monomer level there's not a difference, and that's the reason.

We all eat way too much bread/pasta and live comfortable sedentary lifestyles because manual labor is a rarity and urban sprawl prevents walking to work, it's carbs, not candy.

The fittest cities are smaller than a place like LA, where you can walk and bike around easily, like in Europe.

Also it varies by region and race. In the South where they fry everything it's fatter. Also some races metabolize slower than whites so they drive up the statistics. But here in Oregon, whites look about the same as Europeans.

What should we eat?

The gluten free frozen bread is usually a pretty good option, virtually every grocery store carries it. Ezekiel bread is good too

It's bread until you put it in the toaster then it becomes toast

Sugar is really cheap in the US so the food industry started putting it into everything. In the 50/60s the fed also started recommending less fat in diets, this pushed manufactures to put even more sugar in items so they could lower the fat. Add in a booming economy and the birth of the fast food industry and bam, here we are.

For a German it's just super weird that Americans refer to this as "bread". It's toast because that's all it's good for. It's actually sold as toast here. No one here would dare calling it bread.

Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, sparing amounts of fruit.

It's not rocket science, but it takes more time to prepare AND is less tasty/immediately gratifying.

Corn syrup is in everything here. That's how food is so cheap - corn and grains are subsidized, making it cheap to feed to livestock, making livestock cheap, etc. The cost of soda has risen less than the cost of inflation. We need to heavily tax soda and other unhealthy products while slowly scaling back grain subsidies. Produce should be more subsidized and industrialized.
I don't support government intervention in personal life, but many people have no self-restraint and end up costing the health care system boatloads of money from obesity-related health problems, burdening society as a whole.
An alternative is to turn the obese into bio diesel.

y3s, you do

>less tasty and gratifying
>takes more time

uh oh.. but we live a fast pace life these days and I cant ever seem to find time to cook

Medic:

Can confirm it's the liquid calories - people don't even realise they're slopping down thousands of units of energy that provide precisely no feedback in the form of satiation at all. Weird myth of fruit juice and smoothies being healthy also needs to end - in fact the myth of fruit needs to end generally - 'nature's candy' is still candy.

Sugar is basically poisonous to the liver as well - every time you eat something sugary you should consider as if it were alcoholic - would you be worried about your intake if it were? Most people would be. Nobody told you the bread and pasta and rice were to all intents and purposes just sugar as well. Sugar and refined carbs literally speed up the rate at which you age (read mTOR signalling)

The tragedy of it all is the government's (and many medical association's) guidelines are wrong and people are following them too and just getting fatter and fatter - the average person eats less fat, more fruit, more vegetable, less red meat and more nuts than ever because the guidelines told them to so if you actually changed them some people would follow.

tl:dr - treat sugar as if it were alcohol - eat less fruit, more veggies - more fat, less carbs.

>I'm convinced that there are two major causes for the obesity epidemic going on in the U.S.

Eating fast food 2-3 times a day would do it, like the guy in your photo.

What would you call bread then?

>meat less tasty than fucking carbs
LOW TEST

Fuck you Finland you wish you were as free as me, I'm going to eat this shit on my plate and fuck your mother with my Liberty cock!

>It's toast because that's all it's good for.
Never eat an untoasted sandwich?

Also, full disclosure. I'm 6'1 180 lbs, so technically I'm overweight or on the higher end of a healthy BMI.

I drink ZERO sugary drinks, I haven't since like Jr. High/Highschool. I rarely eat candy/dessert, like 1x/month.

I've gone low-carb, and immediately dropped to the low-mid 160s in about 2 months, with no additional exercise to augment my metabolism.

I went off low-carb, basically just started adding in sandwiches, bagels, pasta into my daily meals, and put the weight back on in about 5-6 months.

There is genetic variability, so it might not work for everyone, but I know for me it's genuinely carbs that lead to adipose storage.

What this guy said.

Don't eat carbs EVER. Just eat lots and lots of fat, it's the ONLY way to get skinny.

I started on a personal quest of fitness and health in the last 2 years. Part of this was counting calories and in turn reading the labels on everything I ate. Holy shit, it was a chore at first finding items with little to no sugar and sodium. Just about everything is filled with that shit, you habe to actually try hard to find things that are actually not filled with complete empty calories of nothing you need.

>Sugar is basically poisonous to the liver as well - every time you eat something sugary you should consider as if it were alcoholic
>tfw used to drink as many calories as I ate in beer and soda every day
Just stopped drinking so much beer last tuesday, feels good man

You're absolutely correct. If you buy anything but raw ingredients in the US, it is loaded with sugar or, if possible for the product, high fructose corn syrup.

It doesn't help that people in the South drink tons of iced/sweet tea, I decided to make some at home for the fun of it and you really have to put like 2 full cups of sugar into it, madness. I don't even drink bottled iced tea anymore because of it.

It's not about frying everything. Southern cuisine has a lot of deep-fried stuff, but most people are just eating the standard processed food American diet. The main reason for the obesity is for one, niggers, but also because a typical Southern man probably drinks about 5 20 oz bottles of soda every day. Seriously, they'll drink a 20 oz bottle of soda during both of their breaks, and then another 20 oz bottle during their lunch break. Then they'll have a monster energy drink with breakfast, and I assume they drink more soda with dinner. It's completely insane. They're probably consuming at least 1000 calories a day just from soda. I stay away from that soda crap, it's pure poison.

Yeah, the older people drink that sweet tea. Most of the young men are soda drinkers.

We put sugar on our fruit. We are fat and we like it that way.

You wish you had donut burgers.

The key to losing weight is just to fat shame yourself. Take off your shirt and look in the mirror until the self loathing forces you to go exercise. We should teach this in school.

well i agree its shit. i only use it for toast also. its really cheap thats why poorer people buy it. if i want a good sandwich i buy rolls, which is bread made for sandwiches, but its more expensive

>tfw can't gain weight
I wish I could eat as much food as you guys. Being skinny isn't that much better.

Truth
Working on 33oz bottle of DP right now
That's after I had a 16oz can this morning
Fug

fug off :DDD

But that's the simple misconception that started the whole obesity mess in the first place:

The idea that because fatness was made of fat it was your intake of fat that led to you getting fat when it's not - it's your intake of sugar and carbs alongside the fat.

M8 it's the carbs for sure. Forget the fat those pasta and bagels were cooked in. Forget the meat, cheese and mayo you had on those sandwiches. Those macros don't contribute a single % to body fat. The real culprit is the carbohydrates. It's proven that humans convert close to 100% of carbohydrate macros to fat.

Remember! The carbs you eat are the carbs you wear!

Not me please! I have a health issue that made me go from skinny to obese because i have chronic stomach pain without a full stomach. feels bad man, fucking gross eating all the time and being fat

64oz soda format

also sugar has nothing to do with obesity - fat does.

Avg person 150y ago ate like 2-3g a day too
fatties disgust me

My brother was like that, until he started eating LOTS of fat/protein, and just LOTS period. Just uptake your volume AND most importantly, work out.

He went from skinny to buff in less than a year after being skeletor until he was like 30

I usually eat around 250 g of protein, 100 g of fat and under 100 g of carbs, then once a week I carb load

From French, american gastronomy don't exist.
You only know eat hamburger, pizza, biscuit, snack, or other sugar/fat bomb like that.

due to the wonderful magic of government intervention there is shit loads of corn in the US from farmers subsidies

But that doesn't even look appetizing.

Makes sense, I drank a soda for the first time in years and felt sick and very hungry, only a 12 oz bottle. Sugar messes with your insulin levels, making you feel hungry and storing everything as fat. Probably worse than smoking a cigar occasionally.

>he doesn't get his caffeine fix with a sugar free SIP
>he hasn't joined the ascended S I P P B O Y S master race

>foreigners vacation in america

oh im laughing

wrong

sweet tea is good though especially on a hot southern day

Try drinking water instead.

>I'm convinced that there are two major causes for the obesity epidemic going on in the U.S.
>Excessive drinking of soft drinks, and high-fructose corn syrup in most food products.
well you're not wrong

>the government's (and many medical association's) guidelines are wrong

This really angers me. Maybe it's always been the same throughout every age, but it seems to me that there's so much stuff that's backwards and wrong nowadays.

Funny, when I still ate huge portions of fatty meats, avocados, cheese, mayo, peanut butter, almonds, hummus, in larger volumes than come in a sandwich, I still lost weight without exercise.

It is the carbs. It's the insulin response causing storage.

>gluten free frozen
Go away.

Sort yourself out.

right

lipids make you fat, sugar is very hard for the body to metabolise into fat, and eating a vegan diet (high sugar (complex carbs and simple sugars)) will get you lean as fuck whereas eating a high fat diet will get you... well... fat.

that looks absolutely fucking disgusting

It used to be one of my favourite drinks, peach flavoured sweet tea is godly but I could drink a whole bottle of it in like 30 seconds and wouldn't be able to stop myself from drinking it once it touched my lips.

its not that related to weight, its more about nutrition and health. weight loss is just calories

Ive been full keto and gained weight due to excess calories, and ive eaten a shitload of carbs and lost weight due to high exercise and heavy fasting. nutrition and weight arent always shared by the same strategy.

i would suggest people do a weight loss strategy first, then try to eat healthier as they will have more discipline to control their diet when they arent fat as fuck

wrong

Yes, soft drinks are the main cause, but even the batter for frying is packed with sugar these days.

Are nuts bad? I love almonds and peanut butter so please say no

That's not the point. It tastes like shit, it's burger bleu cheese and donut. It's about being a patriot.

also I would like to ask why would you ever vacation in the US?
I don't think there's really anything to see here although that might be because I live here and am used to it

Americans should take a page out of French gastronomy. Do you ever see fat French? Cook with lots of butter, cream, eggs and fatty meat. Use NO carbs! This is important.

86g of sugar.
Sugar is a carb that is 4 cal a gram.
That's ~360 cal from sugars alone.

I know for sure sugars along with empty calorie highly processed foods are why people here are fat.

Mcdonalds is more expensive on average than making your own food but the bottom line is that people rather not cook and at least even walk 60 min a day

Not quite. There IS genetic variability in systemic metabolism rates/responses to different foods.

Cals in / Cals out are a factor, but what you eat matters. In fact, there is a huge field all about this, it's called biochemistry, and it's a hell of a lot more complicated than cals in / cals out.

>buy vegitables
>cook your own food
How hard is that?

Is that a side dish of fucking potato chips?

Don't mind the kangaroo he's just desperately clinging to his sugar and starch addiction

>Excessive drinking of soft drinks, and high-fructose corn syrup in most food products.
these are the same though since american sodas use HFC

pumpernickel and jewish rye

>Cals in / Cals out are a factor,

The deciding factor. No metabolism is going to break the laws of physics.

no time

French fries would be too decadent, lol

>Hitler could have stopped this.
Right. And who stopped Hitler...?

I cut gluten and processed meats out and feel better. Finally losing weight. Its honestly retarded that we think white flour is anything other than junk. Whole grains are ok if your body is able to digest it but I'm type O blood and at 29 its obvious my body doesnt like carbohydrates.

>mfw ice water with lemon
Why bother with soda when you can have delicious water?

Well along with poor diet choices bad urban planning is also actually a major contributing factor that's also overlooked

In America you need to get in the car to go ANYWHERE or do anything, unless you're in the maybe 5% of people who live in walking distance of everything

Suburban sprawl means people sit in their cars and drive for hours a day just to do their basic needs like groceries, shopping etc.

Places are so far it's not pedestrian or biking friendly

Dude, I highly encourage you to stop drinking soda. Breaking a soda addiction is harder than breaking a benzodiazepine addiction, I know from experience. Getting past the withdrawal of benzos is nothing compared to get past the cravings of soda. But you will feel so much better if you only drink water and you'll lose a shit load of weight. The best way to break your addiction is drink club soda/sparkling water and take caffeine in pill form with them. They also make flavored sparkling water like Dasani Sparkling and La Croix. It's not sweet, but at least you get the fizz of soda.

Metabolism in the sense of how the molecules are processed, and where they end up. Different molecules go to different places.

Do some research in the glycemic index and correlations to body fat composition. It's hard science and it's legit.

people here are fat because of laziness, mental illness, addiction, and ignorance

Weird. I'm American and I thought our products were relatively non-sweet, mainly because I've only been to Korea and Japan and their bread (even the kind you make sandwiches out of) is disgustingly sweet, chips are sweet, sauces are sweet, pizza crust is sweet, everything is fucking sugary garbage. At least in America I can get a damn sandwich on whole wheat
There definitely is a sinister plan to ruin us with corn syrup though

no arguments?

>No metabolism is going to break the laws of physics.

And no human is a machine.