How do you refute this Sup Forums?

What is wrong with making the Earth cleaner and less oil dependent?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/trudeau-pledges-2-65b-to-help-poor-countries-fight-climate-change
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyahoga_River
youtube.com/watch?v=rWmbuKSWLDE
youtube.com/watch?v=-GXMnlIjJtY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

watch Sup Forums defend government handouts for oil, coal, and natural gas

If global warming isn't real it doesn't make any difference, except in ultra polluted places like China

Don't mind all the good stuff comes with it just don't like people making a shit ton of money off of lies to do it

If its real, their is nothing you can do about it, throwing money at it won't stop it, raising taxes on the plebs won't stop it. Doesn't really matter fake or real, we'll all be put in the ground sooner or later.

>except in ultra polluted places like
>West Virginia
>North Dakota
>Louisiana
>Texas
>Michigan
>The Great Lakes
>The Gulf of Mexico
>Ohio
>Kentucky
>Indiana
>Pennsylvania
>Georgia
>North Carolina

Your "better world" is to kneecap the technological and industrial capability of any country that buys your idea of green energy

Nothing. However, have you heard a vegetarian and a meat eater argue? The meat eater says he will eat twice as much meat to make up for the vegetarian. This is what it will be like with clean energy. Growing industrial countries will ignore any policies and pollute even more despite first world countires cutting down on polution. The answer to stopping this is to hand out gibmedats for them to get in line with everyone else. Guess who pays for that?

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/trudeau-pledges-2-65b-to-help-poor-countries-fight-climate-change

>West Virginia
I'm looking at pictures and the air looks crystal clear

its a movement for globalist hegemony, thats all. The same cabal that gave us all the world's wars, up to our current year are fully responsible for the climate change movement you see today. It's about hamstringing the industry of all countries that could pose a threat to total globalist control, nothing else. All the major individual proponents for climate change movements unironically live in the most overpopulated and polluted areas of the known world. They are scum seeking dominion over others, nothing more, nothing less.

Nothing, but you have to remember that there are people who work in these industries all their lives. If you outright just cut it off, you create a large influx of unemployed and pissed off workers. Seems liberals are just content and even gleefully spiteful to boot them out with nothing, mocking 40-60yr workers who know nothing but mining or drilling to "find a new job" like it's the easiest shit in the world. And of course, the alternatives aren't all that reliable or practical for complete replacement of fossil fuels, even with all the subsidies and kickbacks to liberal investors.

So in a sense, it comes down to "we don't have a good alternative, but we're gonna shut it all down anyways, starve the entire nation of energy, put millions out of work, while a select few of us investors cash in as the sole suppliers of an unreliable replacement".

I don't think returning to 1850s standards of living is a better future. Because we do not yet have tech to replace fossil fuels.

The problem is that left-wing legislation and regulations has accomplished virtually none of that.

Subsidies for solar and wind companies didn't lead to companies investing in cheaper, less wasteful solar panels or turbines, it just led to them getting taxpayer money to build the same shitty ones they've been building since the 2000s. Harsh taxes and fines on companies that failed to meet ridiculous efficiency and emissions standards didn't lead to more companies developing more efficient or cleaner products, it just led to companies fudging their data and upping consumer prices. Etc.

If the Left GENUINELY gave a shit about combating global warming and achieving energy independence the Democratic Party would push out a bill allocating $100 billion a year towards greenlighting and subsidizing construction of new nuclear fission reactors across the country.

It fucking is. VA here. WV is God's country

What's wrong?

how about all nuclear instead faggot

have a drink of their river water, or better yet, light a match and throw it in

We should attempt to make the world, cleaner, yes.

Taxing people to pay for more solar and wind is not a good way forward, at least at this moment. Neither is sufficient to actually support us, and they are not substantially cleaner than anything else we had. Both solar and wind power require lots of nasty industrial shit to actually produce the turbines/panels for.
Both also have substantial environmental impacts, too. Solar takes up a shit ton of space, to the point where California is now placing limitations on the amount of acreage devoted to solar energy for the purpose of environmental conservation. Wind also requires a ton of space, chops birds up like you wouldn't believe, and wind turbines have an awful habit of falling down, exploding, and spewing smoke everywhere when they malfunction.

If we really cared about the environment, we would be working hard to be better at nuclear power.

make better/cheaper solar cells n will talk.

Trump is just like all the other baby boomers who let us inherit crippling national debt, loss of jobs and now environmental problems.

Let me know when Ohio or Michigan has to issue life threatening smog alerts on a weekly basis and 99% of its citizens have to walk around with surgical or gas masks on.

Nothing, what I'm against is giving the kikes in charge another reason to tax me into oblivion, and that's what most of this climate shilling is focused at. Governments around the world have shown themselves to be completely inept when it comes to long term human welfare and I'll be damned if I give them more money to jet set around the world to blame the useless eaters for killing off the planet for using plastic bags instead of reusable ones.

If everything the global warming shitheads want to do is so great, why are they constantly coming up with hoaxes to justify it? When I was a kid it was the coming Ice Age. Then it was Acid Rain. Then it was CFCs and the Ozone Layer. Now it's Global Warming.

I was worried too, when I was a kid and didn't know better. Now I see it's just the same people constantly trying to sell us the end of the world. They always propose the same policies, so it's nothing particular to the science.

I am for finding a replacement for oil, but I also have a fucking education, so I realize we don't have it yet. Wind, solar and all that horseshit don't have the energy density necessary. The only technology currently more dense than fossil fuels is nuclear. And that doesn't work very well for transportation. If we can crack the hydrogen problem for fuel cells we'll be in gravy, but until then, there's no point in tanking the world economy on the say-so of some environmental whack-jobs who have been predicting the end of the world for a hundred years without success.

>clean water and air

The same people that want you to believe the Global Warming hoax are polluting our water and air with chemicals

t. Projecting Commiefornian

The Turd II is a globalist shill if they ever manufactured one.

7+ billion fornicating monkeys, this problem solves itself. Fossil fuels deplete through the 21st century and fornicating monkey population returns to levels balanced to a world without abundant fossil fuels. All these shills are doing is compounding the problem 2 ways, by making more people in the third world and enabling a global totalitarian carbon police state. Of course these problems serve their interests.

Carbon control has nothing to do with reducing emissions, it's about controlling carbon and by extension life obviously.

Give use legislation that actually accomplishes something without doubling the deficit and costing jobs and then we will talk. None of the left's ideas have accomplished either of those things.

This basically.
Renewable energy is not yet at a level of being a viable, affordable replacement for fossil fuels.
Any plans that involve restricting fossil fuel useage is basically a big "fuck you" to poor people who need affordable energy that renewables cannot yet supply.

It just doesn't work. the numbers and cost don't work.

You're not doing that though.
You're taxing people to let them keep making it a mess, while spending virtually NOTHING to develop alternatives (or ignoring the alternatives we already have).

Also, the USA can be as conservationist as possible, and China and India will STILL destroy the entire ocean and blacken the skies all by themselves.

Then, 200 years in the future, when they used their manufacturing power to push all the smog into California and build oil-powered desalinization plants, arcologies, fisheries, and farms on carefully maintained agro-towers, we'll still be in the current technology level because we WILLINGLY held ourselves back in the mistaken belief that we have more of an impact on the environment than China and India do.

They would be in that state were it not for the EPA.

Are you forgetting about the river that literally caught on fire due to essentially non-existent environmental regulations back then?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyahoga_River

but a small panel farm popped up near me so hey, hope i'm wrong.

REPLY TO THIS POST OR YOUR MOTHER DIES IN HER SLEEP TONIGHT!

k i got your attention

)even if america and europe went carbon free RIGHT NOW! the shit china and india pumps out makes it nothing...global warming cucks western industry and lets eastern industry grow gigantic cucking us

>indoor air pollution deaths

Wut

I know it cost just a metric ton of money. takes a lot of space too.

Climate change, global warming, whatever you want to call it will not make the planet uninhabitable. In the worse case scenario the oceans will rise displacing people, flooding coastal areas, and changing weather patterns so different crops in different areas.

The only questions we need to ask ourselves is it cheaper to try and prevent what human change we can or is it better to just move people and build seawalls. Everything else is hysterics

more like its all a lie to get tax money from shitheads who cant compete

every climate bs is all tax money grab by lazy thieves!!

you are wreking the world not creating great
see alex epsstein center for industrial progress on jewtube

might power 15 homes.

Nigger

>a big "fuck you" to poor people
The powers that be love poor people, they love misery, poverty and holy war. AGW is a religion too you know.

nigger have you ever been to the south
we've got problems but environment is bretty great here

wow it's 10 it feels like 3 in the morning. It's gonna be a long night.

youtube.com/watch?v=rWmbuKSWLDE

lol

Nothing at all, unless it screws over a massive portion of the population.

current green technology is not on par with fossil fuels and are far more expensive an alternative
no one is against further developing them (hopefully), they're just against the current policy of replacing what we have and need right now with less reliable, less efficient methods

>Not wanting technological advantages that gets mankind into space

Not really, coal is only one source of the problem. Forcing countries to switch from coal with economic incentives is one thing while the other big thing is decreasing methane from cows and stopping deforestation. Switching to oil/gas and from non filtered coal is a big step.

>How do you refute this Sup Forums?
Hitler was an environmentalist

Us politician are fuck up anyway.
Stop watching facebook and watch this movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=-GXMnlIjJtY

"Livable Cities" is an oxymoron thus proving climate change is a hoax

Unless extinction is literally staring us in the face via alien threat or total societal collapse you cannot throw the economy to the wind to address this one issue.

The only alternative energy that is feasible is nuclear. Fund it, develop it, perfect it. Take your wind farming hippie bullshit somewhere else.

I am all in favor of taking better care of our world but we need to be realistic.

maybe you can take a boat, go to india and china, and convince them to stop industrializing. eh idk, we don't pollute that much.

WHat a bunch of bullshit. PA is gorgeous, and all the rest are too.

Nothing, so long as it occurs through actual market forces and not through heavy-handed state legislature as a thinly-veiled excuse to let Al Gore set up a carbon credit trading union in Chicago so that he and his Jewish friends can extort money out of legitimate businesses.

But of course, that's all environmental regulation is in this country, a scam to justify increasing government revenue and to line the pockets of retired politicians. Actual environmentalism aimed at targeting and solving problems decisively would look entirely different and have NOTHING in common with the current "climate change" scare machine.

Name your problem. Provide me with an actual set of data, twelve engineers, and six weeks. I will tell you the least expensive way to solve that problem that exists and we will pitch it to Congress. You have a problem with global climate change? Salt Water Sprayer fleet. Develop a cruiser that can double as one of these and let the Navy make 50,000 of them, then sail them around the ocean shooting water up into the air in between shelling sand people. Problem solved. Three problems solved. More rainfall, less cooling or warming or whatever it is this week, more dead Muslims, and some shipyards become extremely rich. Everyone wins.

Instead what you have are nebulous calls for "action" which really just means more regulations and no solutions. China isn't going to stop polluting just because we make our industries less competitive. Actually the opposite is the case. By losing our own industry we are only moving it to China where they work dirtier than we do. It's pure chauvinism, shifting the blame for problems onto other people so that, while the house burns down, at least we don't get ash on our collective petticoat. That's gay and distinctly left-wing thinking, so I'm opposed to it.

Instead we should focus on resolving the problem WITHOUT destroying our own economy. We should focus on finding a way to make the solution profitable.

Where are you getting your stats from? I can look over the Blue Ridge Mountains or across the Outer Banks and see for miles, without a brown or gray haze settling over ANYTHING. There are no big hive-cities full of Democrats and Commies (but I repeat myself) here, ready to talk about nature while their smog-afflicted one and a half children cough up parts of their own lungs.

It isn't the haze, it can be oil infused in well water and other things that destroy the environment.

Or it can be EPA regulations that don't allow for reasonable dumping. I can play this game, too.

I've drove all around and crawled around everybody property. And it's just never ending forests and crops. mostly forest.

You know, this is a bait thread. So I'm saging this post.

But you're 100% right.
Now how do we make it actually happen? You going to set up a GoFundMe?

4 chan where nobody cares if it's true our not.

our bait

How though? This works better in other countries because they actually pocket the money and let deforestation continue. Is cutting back on coal bad or wanting funds for nuclear and other entities?

Why would you want to dump stuff into the environment? Like literally why?

Go turn the thread into something useful for once leaf.

>lets tax everyone more!

I have on more than a few occasions.
Which is why I made the comment the way I did instead of just meme arrowing "saged".

WV native here.
Just because the state isn't some industrial hell doesn't mean we don't have serious pollution issues.

>China isn't going to stop polluting
No shit. In an upside down world...I heard on my state propaganda radio just today China is taking the lead in climate change legislation on behalf of earth, to save earth. If anyone can do the iron hand in a velvet glove it would probably be China. Dark days ahead, they are also set to begin incorporating my country outright through free trade agreements, it's just a matter of Turd Jr. selling the country to them behind closed doors now...

That is the problem, I can't do this, because I'm not famous, but if ANY politician, or indeed any celebrity, campaigned on this platform they'd succeed in a matter of weeks.

Imagine Brad Pitt or any of these cocksuckers called up Elon Musk and asked to partner with him on a project like this, then went and got some actual data and proposed a solution. They could probably sell Trump on it, and if it's sold as what it would de-facto be--a MASSIVE increase in Navy spending--you could probably sell some Republicans on it too. I forget the exact number of sea-salt spraying vessels you would need to meaningfully affect the climate, but I'm pretty sure the number is higher than the total number of ships in China's navy. Put a 120mm cannon and some SAMs on each one and call it a day, it's an easy sell.

Plus, having a massive environmentalist fleet gives us cassus-belli (kek) to go wherever we want in the name of helping to reduce the ills of pollution. The Chinks can't complain about us entering their waters if we're literally doing it to save their pathetic carpenter ant colony cities from their own smog.

Actually I'm surprised nobody has thought of this yet.

>implying

West Virginia has some of the best scenery in America, you mong.

Of course global warming is real.
Jews straddle just straddle the fence and make money with the republicans destroying the environment while they clear their guilt by virtue signaling with the democrats.

They have thought about it just the actual policy makers don't want to do that or are worried about consequences. If it all goes to hell we'll pump billions and essentially terraform the earth with algae blooms, iron, salt, seaweed, and a variety of other reactionary attempts.

Don't build them with the guns; build them so that they can be mounted easily later if need be.

Think back to old wars fought before over inflated military budgets. Every fucking vessel was fitted with guns and modified for battle when needed. Same story here! Build a MASSIVE "peaceful" "environmentalist" fleet. If anyone talks shit, bring out the guns.

Fucking OP literally scrolled through the front page of reddit to get the pic he posted

>Georgia
>Any air pollution at all
Kill yourself right now