This was inspired by the earlier thread by an oldfag

This was inspired by the earlier thread by an oldfag.

I'm a senior administrator at a college. I'm 51. I couldn't survive day-to-day without Sup Forums to inoculate me with a red pill against the SJW lunacy.

Ask me anything about college, STEM, "studies" majors, affirmative action in admissions, whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Borg),
socialmatter.net/
reddit.com/r/DarkEnlightenment/.
zombiemeditations.com/2016/04/28/calling-for-alliance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is CS so infected by SJWs (outside of the social "sciences") compared to other STEM?

How do you 'keep your mouth shut'. Must be painful working a job where you have to watch what you say and do to not trigger snowflakes. Unfortunate that the perpetually offender now hold real power and can ruin decent peoples lives as they see fit.

I know what you mean, and I'm not sure. It has something to do with animefags and gamer girls, who are more common in CS than in other scientific fields. Typically, these are shy girls who aren't all that attractive, but they realize that if they're on the computer a lot, they'll get more attention than they otherwise would. The truth, of course, is that "being on the computer a lot" doesn't mean you can code beyond a hack leve, so these girls typically flame out early on.

This leaves you with a group of highly-insecure and unattractive girls who flamed out of CS after being pursued by a bunch of autists. The SJW bit comes naturally because they don't want to admit the truth.

Every year we have a decent amount of complaints from CS girls who flame out and complain that everyone is sexist. Most of them don't go anywhere.

Tell us more about yourself. Why do you enjoy the company on this very youthful community at the age of 51? How did you find us? How did you, as a conservative, reach such a high rank in a leftie uni?

It gets harder every year. My college isn't very wealthy, which is tough most of the time, but it makes dealing with SJWs easier, because I can say that I just don't have the money to create a third gay-studies safe space. Plus, the President is behind me, and most of the faculty don't really care about diversity issues--they'll pay lip service, but that's it. As long as I mumble some platitudes, it's okay.

Every few years we start another initiative to bring in more blacks. At first it works, and we get an increase in the freshman class, and then the blacks fail out in droves, and we're back where we started. I'm thinking this is how it's going to be for the rest of my career.

The story of Academia's decline is so tragic
I'm not sure if we should just let it die or retake leadership positions

To be honest, I think that maybe 2/3 of the threads are absolute garbage. But I need a place to vent, and I've learned over time that if I can type my more obsessive thoughts out *somewhere*, then they won't bother me as much in everyday life. So that's why I'm here.

I'm not overtly conservative. I'm fine with gay marriage, I vacillate between agnosticism and Deism, and I do think that women and minorities have gotten the short end of the stick in a lot of cases. That's enough to pass most of the time.

I achieved my high rank, if that's what it is, because most professors are completely incompetent at running a college. Most of my faculty don't really understand that we need to take a certain amount of money *in* in order for a certain amount of money to go *out* to their salaries. I mean, if I said that to them, they'd agree, but they still want lots of things that we simply can't afford. Early on in my career, I showed that I understood most of these issues, and so the higher-ups roped me in.

How do you feel about the recent trend of smaller colleges neglecting local applicants for international students ?

The truth is that it's not as bad as it looks. On a place like Sup Forums, or any conservative site, you'll hear the horror stories. The truth, however, is that the SJWs are the loudest people at the college, but often the least effective. The STEM faculty pay no attention to these people, and neither do most of the students. The "studies" majors are typically very small, and some of them (African-American Studies in particular) are designed to help minority students through by offering easy classes that give high grades. This balances out their crappy grades in other classes.

None of this is a secret at my level.

And if you look at the recent free-speech movements--say, the people who think that Charles Murray should be allowed to speak--you'll realize that there's pushback.

I am actually slightly optimistic for the future. Well, optimistic for me, which means I'm not completely pessimistic.

How can one spot redpilled, or at least somewhat right leaning, Professors and faculty?

You're response gives me some hope. The fact there are others like you with similar opinions is refreshing.

You dont have to answer this one, but how do you stop your tongue from hanging out of your mouth! I'm in my 40s, recently had to do some labouring work at a university. The amount of gorgeous qt's blew me away. Sure there were plenty of purple haired 260lb feminazis. But thankfully campus was still full of real hottie's. There's no way I could work in that environment, with so much eye candy. Is it an issue for you?

intersting, probably true to

btw, me? I'm a judge

>I'm fine with gay marriage
dropped, pedo enabler

I think it's unfortunate, but I understand the reason for it. International students typically pay full fare up front, and you don't lose them because of financial difficulties. I have no idea why their countries do this--we have a ton of students from one specific and not very wealthy South American country--but it's what happens. Also, when we get international students, they're the cream of the crop; their English is better than that of most of our local students. It's sad.

Of course as an administrator, you don't really say that the primary reason is financial (but it is). You mumble something about diversity, and the SJWs start nodding away.

I am pretty sure that a lot of small colleges are going to fail in the next few years. A lot of them aren't sustainable, and if they don't have wealthy alumni and aren't part of a consortium like the Seven Sisters, they're toast. They know this, too.

Anita Borg (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Borg), that fucking Swedecuck, created Marxist programs to artificially inflate the number of females in computer science through the Institute for Women and Technology and the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.

Plus all of the fucking Marxist bullshit that is going on today.

Where is your college located (region, as specific as you're comfortable with)?

i am i wasting my time with polisci?

might switch to astronomy, but I suck at math

I'm about to get my undergrad in Chemistry and I want apply for my Ph.D in Chem. Is it worth jumping the hoops for an advisor? I want to believe these professor actually care about our research and want to lead us but I might just be overly hopeful. Is it worth getting knee deep into academia like that? I love school and I love to Chem. I know grad school is tough.

Look for males, faculty in STEM (except women in bio), and people teaching "traditional" subjects (like classics). Business faculty are almost always centrist or center-right. Almost everyone will mouth the appropriate diversity platitudes, but you need to listen carefully to *how* they mouth them.

I thought it would be, but it isn't really. There are certainly days where I go, "My God, that's an amazing ass/set of tits/whatever," but that's infrequent. The truth is that when you're immersed in it every day, eventually each girl is like someone you've seen before, so you don't get blown away by anyone.

Plus the fashions look silly to my eye, the students are in a different stage of life, they're not as bright as my wife is, and I don't want to lose my career. People say that everyone here is beautiful, and I certainly notice, but I'm not incapacitated the way I would've been if I were in my 20s or 30s. I don't know how our male students handle it.

God bless you, you oldfag hero. We will continue to nurse you, you keep on keeping on.

>shy gamer girls
Hot damn, why didn't I go into CS?
>"Every year we have a decent amount of complaints from CS girls who flame out and complain that everyone is sexist."
Oh.

Sup Forums is a terrible place for discussion, since you're in academia you'd probably enjoy the "reactosphere" more, it's a bit more itellectually orientated buy shares the same worldview. try socialmatter.net/ and reddit.com/r/DarkEnlightenment/. they should be pretty good jumping off points for you, good travels.

Do you have a wife and kids? Did you raise your kids to be right wing? And what made you want to be a university professor?

>but I suck at math

all physiscists do user

The South (of the US), which helps. That's as specific as I'm going to be.

If you suck at math, astronomy is a bad idea. Take one class (pass/fail or audit, if your college allows it) and see what you think. Or just sit in on a class if it's a big lecture. No one will notice.

Poli Sci can be a good major, but you can't just take classes. Seek out internships and volunteer opportunities, work with professors on their research, be the guy who does something extra.

From a financial standpoint, we like it when you just take classes and graduate with a 2.8 or something, because it costs us the least. Bot that's not the best thing for you going forward.

Good thread user, it's interesting to hear opinions of someone that isn't in in their 20s for once. We get some 30-40 year olds but mostly teenagers and 20 somethings browse here. Hopefully that doesn't scare you away, but thanks for making the thread anyway.

Graduate school is very VERY different from undergrad. If you like chemistry and just want to take more classes, then hold off on graduation or else take some classes post-grad. Graduate school is more like a job, it is entirely focused on research, and it can eat your life if you're not careful.

But if you like it, it's the best thing in the world.

Get some research experience in your current department. Real research experience, like a thesis or independent study, or look for an internship/job in someone's lab. That's what you'll be doing in grad school.

Try not to go into debt for it, either.

I might check it out, but to be honest I have as many social-media/Internet outlets as I can handle. This would've sounded weird to the 20-year-old me, but it's something that happens as you get older.

I have a wife. We weren't able to have children (she had an unexpected illness), and to be honest, neither of us was all that enthusiastic about kids anyway.

She's not as conservative as I am, but she's in STEM and has essentially zero respect for what she calls "the fuzzy subjects" (after Heinlein). I actually try not to have her show up at parties, etc., because she'll expose my power level.

Currently CS enrollment is exploding everywhere, as a freshman cs undergrad, what do you recommend I do to remain ahead of the plebs.

How have you survived so long without being declared "problematic".

Do you think we will ever see the elimination of women's/gender studies? All they seem to do is foster and send out men-hating and society-destroying hags.

Oh, I forgot to explain about becoming a university prof. The short version is that I love my subject, I love teaching, and I love doing research. I'm also horrible at working for other people. Being a prof allows me to do what I love with a great deal of independence.

The pay is good, not great, but the truth is that I have everything I need. I'll never be a multimillionaire, but I don't need to be.

I was thinking about getting a masters degree in statistics. What is my hopes of gaining employment at a decent salary after graduating ?

Or should I choose a different area of study for a masters degree. My bachelors is in finance at a unknown small state school.

Is 26 too old to start university?

I'm entering the university of Chicago this fall and am terrified about alienating myself because of my beliefs. It's a master's program in the humanities, and from what I can tell after visiting campus many of the students are pretty far left. Any advice for a conservative student entering academia?

Whats a better career option, biomed engineering or chemical engineering?

It's easy. You just have to know more (and be better than) everyone else.

In reality, CS is one of those weird fields where it's inevitable that some students will know more than the professor. If that's not you, don't worry, and do the best you can.

Also, our employers tell us that they don't want unidimensional CS autists. They want people who can code but know about business, know how to write, know how to communicate, whatever. Very very few companies need a super-genius coder. More of them need someone who can code AND do something else while being paid one salary.

thanks for the tips, could you recommend any careers/fields in polisci that I should look out for in the next couple years? I've been most interested in national security policy jobs, but I would rather blow my brains out if I have to shill for the (((neocon establishment)))

I'm a double major in psych and philosophy (and somehow still managed to resist SJW bullshit) is my major combination viewed favorably by masters programs?

>I'm a senior administrator at a college. I'm 51

No, you're not. Post proof of your claims

> It has something to do with animefags and gamer girls, who are more common in CS than in other scientific fields

Nobody who is 51 years old would ever write like this. You're a college kid who is larping for attention. Honestly, people like you disgust me. Why would you willingly spread misinformation?

I honestly don't know. Most untenured profs keep their heads down and parrot the party line. I didn't keep my head down, but I didn't parrot the SJW stuff. Somehow nobody noticed. My early administrative positions were really technocratic where SJW issues didn't matter so much, so I slipped under the radar.

I think about this a lot. The truth is that, for the most part, (1) women's studies is a small major, but you notice it because their students are loud and have colorful hair; (2) most people who major in it are double-majoring; (3) most of the women's studies majors aren't actually as militant as they might seem; (4) it's somewhat self-sustaining, in that these people go on to be women's studies profs, diversity officers, and the like,

There are a few ways around it. If the major tanks and becomes unsustainable, we can fold it into another (say, a broader "cultural and gender studies" major) and reduce the faculty. My guess is that we'll have something like it for the rest of my lifetime--politically it's hard to get rid of--but it'll become vestigial as more people realize that it isn't much of anything and doesn't have intellectual standards worth mentioning.

what would be the best hard fields for someone who doesn't have much a preference what he does, but he would be happy doing anything , so long as it's in demand? i'd like to make a little money, and i'm vaguely interested in any sort of useful STEM stuff, chemistry or electrical engineering are about equally exciting to me. i have extremely high verbal and linguistic aptitude.

Not the same user, but in a similar situation. I'm about to finish my assoc sci focusing on chem. I'd like to do research in immunity related to GI flora. But at the same time I'd like to be able to do o-chem stuff as in pharmaceutical chemist. Am I branching too far or biting off too much? I'm going to get a bachelors in microbiology/physiology next. I'd like to do research at a uni as a job or private industry. After my bachelors I'm not exactly sure what to do. I just want a job that always allows me to thrive and challenge myself.

I don't know off the top of my head. There are a zillion different degrees and I don't have the prospects memorized. Plus, they change.

I would say, though, that the key thing in any grad program is to have *projects* that you work on. Don't just take classes--have a project that you can point to, discuss, etc. Gain as many skills as you can and be familiar with multiple stats programs (particularly R).

Not at all. You'll probably find most of the student body appalling, but many profs will actually like having you around.

Some won't, so you might want to go to office hours and meet profs before you take their classes. It's stupid, but some people are freaked out by "older" students.

Depends on which master's programs you want.

Thanks for the thread, It's been an interesting read. You're a big guy.

>It's stupid, but some people are freaked out by "older" students

Any reason why?

Keep your head down at first, and then look for classes, clubs, and other groups whose interests align with yours. Ask them for advice.

Most colleges will have a College Republican club or something similar. Go talk to them--they get these questions all the time.

I have no idea. My institution doesn't have a school of engineering. I think biomedical engineering is super cool, but that's as far as I can go.

probably because they're equally as experienced and matured, and can look em in the eye in a way little chitlets can't. probably messes with them.

is this b8? fucking kill yourself.

Show some proof that you are who you say you are. You don't write like you're 51 years old and you talk like an edgy teenager.

i just started at 27. who gives a fuck? you're going to turn 30 either way. you can turn 30 with a degree, or you can turn 30 without a degree. what have you got to lose?

Hey, if you don't want to believe me, that's fine. I'm unwilling to post any kind of proof because any evidence would increase the likelihood that someone would be able to find out who I am, at which point my career would end. I'm not even willing to post the state in which I live (so a copy of my driver's license is out).

As for the way I write--well, I'm on Sup Forums, so I pick up some of the jargon. I don't use those terms in real life. My nephew is a NEET (can I use that term even though I'm 51?) who is dating an SJW-ish gamer girl, so I have some insight into this issue through them.

Is it?
I feel that here at my college we don't get as much SJWs. Sure, all the public televisions blare out diversity and race propaganda 24/7 but I've yet to see anything extreme aside from this fat guy with rainbow hair and some trap who wears dresses to class.
All my classes are just filled with normal looking people who can't write code to save their lives.
Source: college student doing CS

I can't be of much help here; it's not my field. Check with your professors. It's hard to work in national security without working with the establishment, obviously. Maybe you could look for a think tank like RAND? I don't know, though.

I.O psychology

I don't know. Take classes in a range of subjects and see which one *really* interests you. You have to prefer some over others.

Well, you're going to have to take orgo to get your bachelor's (if you haven't already) and any good program will require you to take biochem as well. When you get to your bachelor's institution, find some professors and ask if they have places available in their labs. Then you'll have a better sense of what the research world is like and what you might want to do.

Why do colleges feel the need to promote themselves as diverse?
It seems that at least half the events at my college are centered around promoting diversity or some other SJW related thing.
If college is a place for academics, shouldn't it be focused more on academics?
Race and diversity has nothing to do with academics does it?

That's it exactly. Whatever else you might think about the 18-23 set, they essentially do what you tell them to do and don't feel like they can question you. Older students aren't as deferential. I like that about them; some people can't deal with it, typically because they're insecure or don't really know what they're supposed to know.

I've often thought that I could clear out a lot of my crappy faculty simply by firing those who hated teaching older students. If only....

Ah--then psychology and philosophy are good. Some experience in business would help a lot, particularly an internship or something similar. After all, if you want to do industrial/organizational psychology, it helps to have real-world experience in industry or an organization.

Can you say in what region your college is located in? You sound suspiciously like a person I know from my alma mater.

i have an english teacher, who i actually love. he shouts about how the truth is the truth, and he believes in god and he doesn't care what anyone thinks about it. he's making us write a rogerian final essay about 'how donald trump is going to make america great again' and constantly shits on kids for repeating the old talking points about trump being racist etc.

but he seems to feel the need to get aggro with me when i ask him questions that he likes, or answer questions in a way that he likes. so he does this weird thing where he gets really engaged with me, but cuts me off a lot.

i still like the guy. he just seems to feel encroached upon very easily, and begins protecting his territory with little provocation.

Related to this post, , is computer science enrollment exploding because of the AI fad the media is currently pushing? I think it's overhyped nonsense, but a lot of people are buying in. Even our government mentioned it numerous times in the latest budget. Years ago when I was in university, the main reason people enrolled in CS was because they thought they'd become video game developers, although I suspect the prime motivation is now AI research.

(As a self-taught hobbyist programmer, it sends chills down my spine to know that my comfy hobby may soon become "normalized".)

AI is pretty cool.
There's already real life applications and examples such as image recognition and self driving cars.
I think it's exploding since AI can potentially replace any semi intelligent mundane task that can't yet be done my a machine but is too tedious for humans to to.

I could write an entire book about this, but the short version is that it became a meme.

Here's the medium version: For decades if not centuries, American colleges and universities really did exclude everyone other than white males. All of that changed in the 1960s, which is not as long ago as it might seem. Once the student body (and the faculty) opened themselves up to minorities, it became very difficult to criticize them. That's because the real racists had pretty much used every excuse to keep the minorities out, so *any* criticism or pushback made it seem like you were on the racists' side. As a consequence, the radicals saw an opportunity and gained a foothold. Right now you're beginning to see the pushback against the 60s-era radicals, because they're overreaching and starting to look stupid to the populace as a whole.

The hell of it is that "diversity," in the uncorrupted meaning of the term, is a perfectly reasonable goal for a university to pursue. In practice, of course, it means "MORE BLACKS (and Hispanics), but FEWER WHITES (and to hell with the Asians)."

Every single school has its SJWs who argue that the black enrollment should reach a certain percentage. The truth is that even if we adopted their threshold at every single college, *there aren't enough black students to meet it* (even if we had zero standards). It's a basic question of numbers.

This is something that happens to a lot of profs, and I'm not sure why. We're supposed to be open to ideas and debates, but we're not--or at least not as open as we should be.

I'm speculating here, but I think the problem is that, as profs, we have *one* thing that we know or can do, which is our field. In most fields, particularly but not exclusively in STEM, it's damnably hard to keep up with new developments as you're teaching classes, doing research, grading papers, etc. It's particularly hard in the modern era where a student can see a tweet about something that you haven't even gotten to yet. When that happens, you start to feel insecure; it's as though the only thing you have is being taken away from you.

It's not a good feeling, nor is it right, but I've felt that way sometimes.

AI is cool, but too many people have unrealistic expectations about what it can do. As for applications, I think it's the reverse. I think mundane tasks are both the most difficult to mechanize and the least profitable to automate, because the people who do them are paid low salaries. The news media likes to larp that unemployment from automation will begin with the least skilled jobs and work its way up, but I could honestly see data-intensive white collar jobs being lost first. I mean think about it, does it make more sense to invest in laying off managers who make six figures, or Juanita the cleaning lady?

shouldn't this diversity then happen naturally on it's own?
Once you remove the laws and restrictions preventing non whites from entering college, non white people who wanted to go to college but were blocked by this policy would just come flooding in.
Over time, the percentages would stabilize to the natural proportions of the population.
I can see why it would make sense for people to support it as it gained traction but if I had a say in what happened in 1960 I would just remove the regulations and let everything happen naturally.

Mainly, I'm just tired of having racial propaganda shoved down my throat every day by my college

I'm close to finish a STEM career (biochem), and i'm thinking about getting into a PhD program. With all of the Trump buzz do you think the USA is still a good place to do high impact research? does the SJW cancer and afirmative action bs affect post-graduate studies? How are fundings looking for the next years?

I don't think it's because of the AI fad per se; I think it's because CS really is in high demand (with the caveats I mentioned earlier) and people think that it's a safe bet. Lots of people hear stories about somebody's halfwit kid who is marking six figures in IT or whatever.

At some point this will change, but not yet.

Why does every college today endlessly pander to sodomites?

Why can't you just stand up and say, "you know what? A man putting his dick up another's man ass is fucked up. It's foul and it spreads diseases. Not to mention it's usually caused by being molested in early childhood, and the simple truth is, people would live longer and healthier if this filthy vice were repressed the way it used to be."

Why can't you just say something like that (the truth)?

Yep. It all comes down to liberals not being able to accept the big gorilla in the room. Pic related.

AI needs to be fine tuned for every task it is meant to replace. Generally, this consists of feeding the AI a bunch of data and having it guess using it's algorithm on the data and correcting it.
ie: feeding it a bunch of pictures of cats not cats and having it try to tell the difference. Keep tweaking tiny details in the system until it gets a certain percentage of the pictures right.
The more complicated the task and the more variables it has the longer this process will take.
It's easier to teach an AI how to do simple tasks such as image recognition to replace security guards versus something like writing code from scratch.

I'm so torn about my life. I wish I'd had the foresight 10 years ago to go into a doctoral track for social science. I could be writing papers and podcasting right now. Instead I just have a bachelor's in psychology with a low 3 GPA, no academic references. I'm considering just taking a few sociology classes, getting to know the teachers, and applying to a PhD program even though I'm 35. The field of sociology is a complete bluepill joke. Even 10 years ago before I had any concept of pills, I knew all the marxism had to be bullshit, but I didn't care about the world enough to speak out.

Well, not exactly.

Many schools were essentially forced to desegregate against their will. As that was happening, people spoke out against it, including faculty, students, even college presidents. Desegregation went through anyway.

So suppose you're a black high school student, and the college in your area was just desegregated by force last year, even though its president wrote an editorial saying that he didn't think blacks belonged there and the students protested integration. Are you going to go there? Of course not; you'll be treated like garbage.

But in the long term, you're right; that's what should happen. Maybe there needed to be some affirmative action at the beginning just to break the ice. Modern diversity mania is really a panic attack designed to conceal the unfortunate fact that certain racial groups don't perform as well as others, on average. We are all supposed to pretend that that isn't happening, and if it is, it's racism. The less plausible this gets, the more panicky the diversity maniacs become, until they've reached their current level of fervid delusion.

Lawyer here. I keep my mouthshut because I get paid 300k/yr. The irony, though, is that most of us are red pilled, we just stay quiet.

Well, I at least don't believe that. I don't much care about people's sex lives. Everything we do comes with some risk, and as long as people take it on consensually, I don't care. I have other things to worry about.

What bugs me is the sheer fascination the SJW crowd has with people who are "coming out" or "transitioning." They think it's inherently the cool thing to do and that we all have to rush in and offer our support (though that's more true of transitioning--the SJWs got bored with "coming out" once it became more common).

I don't see why we have to care either way.

This sounds a lot like Hiram College. Especially the yearly influx of affirmative action blacks that cause chaos on campus and flunk out. Rinse and repeat...

Besides their target scapegoat - whats the difference between SJWs and Nazis?

zombiemeditations.com/2016/04/28/calling-for-alliance/

Sociology is a complete disaster. The entire field is based either on (1) muh feelings or (2) shoddy statistics. There are a very few exceptions, like epidemiology and sociolinguistics, but that's it.

People think psychology is bad, and the softer social/personality side of it is, but most of it is at least empirically based.

At some schools they've had to merge with other departments (cultural anthropology, "studies," etc.) to survive.

I agree with everything you said, except

>image recognition to replace security guards versus something like writing code from scratch

Is producing code really more complex than everything involved in watching a video feed and assessing a situation? I've never dabbled in this myself, but it seems to me like it wouldn't be hard to come up with some fairly simple algorithms for automatic code generation and the testing of that code. The reward signal could be based on something like the correctness of the output or inverse to the number of machine instructions or something.

Trying to automate everything the brain of a security guard does though? That's seriously difficult. You can train a machine to associate risk with certain "visual" traits (niggers lol), but without also analyzing body language, it's useless.

Deism?

Pretentious Obscurantist Vague Fag.

>*there aren't enough black students to meet it*

This, seriously. It's like they want every company to be 40% black, but blacks only make up 12% of the population. It's literally impossible.

This meme about it being a bad thing for any company, school, or fucking group photo to have only whites needs to end already.

It's the same pretty much everywhere. Well, not exactly--the Midwestern colleges have to fight to import them, whereas places like mine (in the South) just siphon them up, flunk them out, rinse, repeat, year after year.

You would not believe the amount of support those students get, either. Every few years we add some more or rename something, but it rarely makes a difference. It keeps the SJWs busy, though lately they've started howling about how it's unfair that they're asked to be on every committee having to do with diversity issues. That's the road you sowed, kiddos....

Law student here, same goes for majority of my legal cohort.
At 300K I imagine you're corporate law

How much of the Left is just hate of white males?

These people strike me not as great ethicists, but drunk on vengeance fed to them, in no small part, by Jews - whose footprint on academia has exceeded the aold WASP elite fir 30 years now.

We know the origin of Frankfurt School, Bolsheviks, and neocons

and fwiw there are very few actual nazis here. It is refreshing however to say fucked up shit - both funny and for me, anyway, its mostly a fuck you to people who use bring 'offended' to engage in intellectual colonialism.

My psych degree had a strong stats component. Had a stats and a research course that kicked everyone's ass. Half the class would've probably gotten D's by 1970's grading standards. Pysch is significantly more legit than Soc. I did have two psych courses (gender psych, and human sexuality) that would make your head spin. The former was taught by an adjunct feminazi who just pelted us with wage gap tier lies and Sandra Bem if you know who that is (she raised her kids completely ungendered).

Yeah. They want X% of our college to be black because X% of our region is black. Never mind that *in the college-aged population*, less than X% is black; these people can't do arithmetic. Never mind that we can't get X% because there aren't that many black students who are college-ready; that just means that we need more remedial classes, different programs, more support, more grade forgiveness, etc. At some point, yes, you could more or less end up with X% of students in the college being black. "College" would no longer mean what it once did, but they don't care about that.

Maybe it wouldn't be able to model the decision making of a security guard but it could be training to at least recognize the face of a serial shoplifter and look it up in a database.
When I said security guard I was thinking of the standing there for 8 hours a day scanning faces part. The point is that an AI would be perfectly happy doing something that would drive a human to boredom and can do it with a consistent efficiency unlike a human who gets tired.

If you look at the training that goes into both jobs, producing code is requires more decision making.
The basic instructions of a security guard is to recognize danger while coding required high level math.
You can take any person and teach them how to be security but not so with a programmer since most of the brain wiring for "recognizing danger" already exists in humans.

That said, there are still things humans are better than AI at since humans can really just be thought of as a really big general purpose natural AI.

The group photo thing is fun. According to strict guidelines from our marketing department, if we have a photo of more than three students, at least one of them is supposed to be black (if one of them is another minority, you can argue it, though it has to be an obvious minority). I think we had one or two girls in hijab in the entire school, and they ended up in like 10% of the photos. They were pretty pissed off, and I don't blame them.

One of the best decisions my psychology department ever made was to increase the statistics and methodology requirements. It's a perfectly legitimate thing to do, given the field, but their real motive was to drive away the students who thought of psychology as an easy major.

They were the dumping ground for STEM and business castoffs for a while, and they got tired of teaching classes to drunk frat boys and airheads looking for MRS degrees. With one or two additional courses, they shifted all those students to sociology, "studies," and other departments. Sociology must be 50% losers by now.