Why don't you admit that you were a proud atheist in the past?

Why don't you admit that you were a proud atheist in the past?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oNFha04GgVg
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WQfCusWEo
youtube.com/watch?v=T2c8VC2EenE
youtube.com/watch?v=Nev-6NVob48
youtube.com/watch?v=amY1GABiiyY
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you saying that we are all atheists or what?

Atheism is a weak idea and is a breeding ground for SJW's
No offense to fellow Sup Forumsacks who are atheist but its kinda true

>tfw killary will never EVER be president

>Trump is a communist
Yeah, no.

You conflate the fact that an atheist is unable to realize the benefits of religion. I can still habeeb in nothing and be confident in a god believing man

>Why don't you admit that you were a proud atheist in the past?
I'm still an atheist

>Atheism is a weak idea
How? Being an individual is weak now?

Atheist converting to Theist : Theist converting to atheist

1 : 4

Likelihood atheist vote trump vs atheist not vote trump

1 : 10

Likelyhood of converting from athiesm and voting for Trump

1 : 40

in other words highly improbable.

Atheists probably became bernietards

but /r/atheism/ hates Trump

The problem is that nobody is truly an 'individual.' People simply end up replacing 'Christianity' with another spook. The ones we got weren't actually any better, too, Christianity is already filled with weak-minded pity and humanitarian causes.

Isn't that a Strasser quote?

>evolution
>switching from a ridiculous hat to another ridiculous hat
so it's all about the hat?
If I wear a hat then decide to wear another hat, does that make me right?

wew lad

Why would a benevolent god create a world where you have to consume other beings in order to sustain your own existence and torture, rape and pain are the norms

I still am. So fucking what?

people with hair dont need artificial covering for their heads

>source

No problem with Atheism, it is the imaginary friends as a religion that is the problem

Because God was never benevolent. This is a New Testament bastardization of God. The Old Testament pictures God as a fucking asshole who makes bets for peoples souls, and satans are his homeboys.

Still am. But I would never associate with atheist communities online. They just replaced believing and worshipping God with believing they smarter than everyone and worshipping Dawkins.

HARD MODE:

Why would a benevolent god love smelling the burnt flesh other beings despite it not being necessary to sustain his existence?

>Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, an offering made to the LORD by fire.

Exodus 29:41

Prove God is real. You fucking cant. Time to close up shop, troll.

>le Baye's Rule

He created a world where we sat around in paradise and talked to animals...

Old Testament.
Christians do not worship this God. They cherrypick bits from it that conform to the New.

>USA 99.99% theist
>SJW central
>Japan 99.99% doesnt give a fuck
>Anti SJW central
Nice theory you got there
SJW is born out of christian morality.

Atheists of Sup Forums, if you had to choose a religion, what would you pick?
For me, either Christianity or Taoism

Seems like he created a trap.

yea maybe when I was 12.

>Taoism is a religion

Everyone goes through a euphoric phase. Some just take a long time to mature out of it.

A religious concept, close enough for me

>believing in magic is mature

The last time I called myself an atheist was in 2003. Shit was toxic even back then.

Tengri

>proud
I've never been a proud anything but I am an atheist.

where do you draw the line for religion and not-religion then?

>when you have nothing against atheism other than stupid hat meme so you cling onto it for the next four to five years
>also 1 post by this ID

Adam was given all the animals. In this Old Testament timeframe, there's no concept of animals as "beings", they're chattel or property. It's pleasing because the owner of that very valuable property is sacrificing it in a show of faith. God also made pescatarianism, vegetariansim, and veganism possible, depending on your level of empathy for animals.

Still am Atheist , and why the fuck not ? way better than christian republicans anyway. We need an Atheist movement with atheist pepe.

Buddhism, might also choose Japanese Shintoism or any other pretend religion that involves worshiping gods without actually believing in them.

Everyone doesn't believe in every religion, atheism isn't a religion or belief system, it's not believing in one less fantasy as everyone else.

Fuck man I dunno
I'm just a humble shitposter

>In this Old Testament timeframe, there's no concept of animals as "beings"

Yea. But we know they can be killed and be aware of it.

So how does that reconcile God's moral nature?

im just wondering. i dont know either

can MAGA be religion?

thats just the narrative, hitchens destroyed SJWs multiple times.

reddit misses you, you should go back

This. Christianity is great for those with a weak reading on life, it presents morals for you to follow instead of allowing your own to form.

Reminder

The best thing for me and probably others is to be atheist but culturally Christian. Still study the bible and uphold the values, but know that it's not actually true and only really good for keeping society in check and helping bring communities together.

>Christianity is only for morality
>implying western ethics and morals aren't heavily influenced by Christianity
you're an adorable little fedora-cuck

>Why don't you admit that you were a proud atheist in the past?

I was an atheist until I found out I am a god...

youtube.com/watch?v=oNFha04GgVg

>that somehow means we still need Christianity now that the morals are formed, but hardly anyone gives a shit about them despite the alleged existence of God
Muh objective morality all over again, how cute.

I was when I was twelve and stopped at 16.

You fuckers post like being an atheist is a choice. If I could swallow a pill that would make me believe in a higher being and an afterlife, I would do it in a second. Thinking that when I die my very existence ends, and that there is no afterlife is scary as fuck. When I started realizing I couldn't honestly believe in god and an afterlife I was scared as fuck and wished I could go back to before. But I honestly couldn't. I'd go back in a second if I could, but l can't

I was, but not as far as being a fedora tipping faggot. And now, I grew up.

>If I could swallow a pill that would make me believe in a higher being

I have significant evidence of a superhuman entity capable of, at least, controlling nervous systems...

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WQfCusWEo

youtube.com/watch?v=T2c8VC2EenE

Edgy, but somewhat true
But hey, since you don't believe in any ultimate judgement, live life as you wish

Me too, but one day I had a huge stomach pain spike, fell to the floor and was like, "fuck it, kill me. Idgaf." But then I instantly got better. Nice to know I'm not a pussy in the face of death. Still wish I was retarded enough to believe in God.

I still am.

Came out more edgelord than intended.

I'll say religion really does help with morality, because after losing my belief my morality went off a cliff. Now so long as I think I won't get caught I lost any reservations about doing bad stuff.

Yeah we totally wouldn't have figured out how to not kill and steal if it wasn't for Christianity.

Thanks, Jesus!

B-but, killing and stealing was common in Moses time. But then he killed all the evil doers and all the evil foreskin thus ushering in the values to the West. Don't you read the Bible?

you cant be christian and redpilled . CHRIST WAS JEW.

I'm okay with worshipping dead jews. Hell, make them all our messiah.

>Thinking that when I die my very existence ends, and that there is no afterlife is scary as fuck.
You know what's really scary? That it doesn't and you're just slooowly decaying feeling it all but not being able to do a thing, if life needs energy there're lots of energy in rotting (and thus fat fuckers filled with gluttony rot painfully, while fasting monks peacefully mummify in their cells. Now live with that, lol. I'm sorry though, but I couldn't help it)

>start off catholic/christian
>identify as an atheist once you have a general idea of who you are
>eventually drop the atheist attention whoring and became a quiet atheist who NEVER argues in favor of atheism
>currently believe intensely that the afterlife is anime
if this isn't you what are you doing

your immorality is your fault , just like your morality belongs to only you, not religion . if you became immoral , it just means you were pretending shit when you were christian.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you

I really want to believe though

Feels good to be a hungry skeleton

This, all the retarded superstitious peasants of the past became the 'science bitch!' redditors of today, atheism is almost like a fucking cult these days
>muh Science will fix everything, ban religion!

>This, all the retarded superstitious peasants of the past became the 'science bitch!' redditors of today, atheism is almost like a fucking cult these days

youtube.com/watch?v=Nev-6NVob48

Former Southern Baptist here, this is the best way to live. I still hold the same morals and line of thinking, I just don't go to church on Sunday or Wednesday anymore. Christians are almost always less insufferable than Atheist fedora tippers.

That is actually less scary to me. It would suck, but I'd still have a consciousness, I'd still exist. The thought of ceasing to exist forever is the one that messes with me.

Yall are some dumb retards on this board.

>mfw video isn't available

I'm a little disappointed that the dumb niggers that came up with and stylized themselves as the utterly ridiculous "Dark enlightenment" are ultimately an early manifestation of the alt-right. Fascism has plenty going for it but only the most moronic of niggers wants to turn the clock back to an absolute monarchy. Hell, fascists almost always cooperate with their religion and church while it was early euphorics like Voltaire who loved absolute kings. But thankfully the dork enlightenment cringing faggots have little to no voice now.

Considering they tend to consume science at the hands of an anointed clergy, invoke it literally and unironically (I love "science", "SCIENCE FUCK YEAH", "Science will save us", "Science will bring us salvation") like Muslims do Inshallah or Christians might look to God, are quick to deem certain scientific efforts or perspectives as heresy (look at the science on race) and have a vitriolic hostility to anything unscientific even if it's ultimately harmless? It's almost an understatement that it's a cult, sciencism is a literal religion now.

That brain meme with "Recognizing religion has a value place in society" really is true. Orthopraxy, if not stifling to the level of a Muslim or Hindu or Ultra-Orthodox Jewish kind of society, is invaluable in promoting that sense of solidarity and providing an ideal of right conduct in society. Sure most do not always recognize that ideal but they can aspire and work to it. Orthodoxy is literal thought-criminality and the only reason to pursue it is to avoid its promotion of unorthopraxy. A lack of religiousity in a society is not always a guarantee of failure (the Late Romans were more faithful than the Imperial but they fell) but you almost never find an instance of a society being successful without some kind of religious ethos (even if gommunism/Maoism/nationalism) guiding it.

>>mfw video isn't available

youtube.com/watch?v=amY1GABiiyY

>If I could swallow a pill that would make me believe in a higher being and an afterlife, I would do it in a second.
You are like a little baby. Watch this
[PRAISE]

>Why are there universal constants and transcendental function like c, pi, e, sin, etc?
>Why is there a hard cap on the universe due to entropy?
>IS THERE a hard cap on the universe due to entropy? That would mean the universe is a closed system.
>Is the universe a closed system?
>Why does fucking with atoms tend to produce life killing fission products? Almost like we shouldn't be doing that.
>Why does life tend toward exponential growth until a resource is exhausted? Does it have to do with the logarithmic pairings of sexual partners? Why do bacteria do this then?
>Does the emergent soul that results from the complex interconnections of neurons actually die when a human dies?
>Do abstractions really die when the base physical materials it's based on stop functioning?
>Does the red queen hypothesis explain why sexual reproduction selects for number of offspring instead of immortality?
>If there are spatial dimensions other than the 3 we know is it possible there is a being inhabiting a place we can't see, that can see through our entire being like we would looking down on a 2d world?
>Is Time a spatial dimension or a scalar weight associated to particles?
>Did you know electrons actually inhabit a probability field and that an atom's electron could be across the universe?

“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you”

because now i'm an ashamed atheist

More of an agnostic.. obviously something created everything, what that something is still remains to be seen.

Were you atheist your whole life?

still am an atheist, sorry guys but i don't understand how you can believe in something with no evidence.

I used to be a semi-militant atheist, always trying to argue with the rare religious persons i could find.

Then i contemplated the origin of morality.

Then i contemplated the result of nihilism.

Then i read Nietzsche.

Then i read Evola.

>Objective morality doesn't exist
>Therefore the Christian God and its assorted theology is true
I'll never understand why people need a metaphysical father figure holding a gun to their head not to be a piece of shit person.

Wtf I hate atheism now

I'm a proud atheist now.

The majority of atheists voted for Hillary. Most Christians voted for Trump.

And I'm saying this as an atheist/agnostic.

I had to text my christcuck brother and make sure this wasn't a personalized snipe at me. Fuck you pol. Fuck you.

>Everyone doesn't believe in every religion, atheism isn't a religion or belief system, it's not believing in one less fantasy as everyone else.

Because I'm a Christian

I'm still an agnostic athiest, I think I use politics as a surrogate for religion, even if there's no truth in iy I think humans all have a natural inclination towards it anyway, what's best for society in my opinion is to have a common philosophy.

Atheist? Yes.
Proud? Meh. Maybe. Depends.

Proud of myself because of my atheism? No.

Proud of my atheism because it's the first time I started taking redpills and understanding things for how they actually are? Sure, why not?

>understanding things for how they actually are
So you understand that your great-great-great-great-great grandfather was a rock. That's really interesting user, what a bold position to take.

You unironically believe that rain + lava + a big rock floating through space = life. Amazing.

Edgelord, sure, but never fedora-tipping atheism+.

Let's not pretend that we're not still edgelords.

Post your favorite music/Chants

youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc&

WTF?
Dark Souls 4 looks pretty shitty..