Leaving society

I've started really thinking about happiness a few months ago.
What i have come to think is that our society is not wired to make us happy anymore, because we don't live in nature anymore and it ruined us. I don't feel true compassion, my whole family is abusive, and i am too, yet i dream about this goal of becoming a real good person at heart.
So i know something's wrong, it's just that i don't want to leave it all and live on my own for years. It's dangerous of course, but is this the right way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss
youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss&index=1&list=PL285D00CD4C4B761F
youtube.com/watch?v=_oeslAqeTEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure, yeah

wow, great job

first word, second word

You will die
Nature is not harmonious, you will get eaten alive by mosquitos, eat twigs and leaves until you shit yourself to near death at which point a grizzly bear will come and finish you off
Nature is only harmonious when you are with a group of like minded people who want live sustainably off the land. You still need hierarchy and laws. But everyone will be much happier.
Find these people OP, they exist

The big secret is that we're not happy because we're conditioned to look for happiness outside of ourselves, in external things. We seek to make ourselves "more" by claiming possession over things that lie outside of ourselves. It's a pursuit that never ends and never fulfills us. We may think it does for brief periods, but eventually dissatisfaction sets in again and it's back to the hamster wheel. The only way to be truly happy is to be at peace with yourself, and the way to do that is to realize that you're in the hamster wheel of ceaseless pursuit, of craving and wanting. Almost nobody is happy, and it's time to realize that you won't ever be happy either by doing the same things as everyone else.

if you have a feminine penis you can come live with me innawoods alaska.

this can happen, but buddha did it too. for 10 years!
you know, i'm content with fearing nature, rather than fearing humans, which is a horrible feeling.

oh, believe me, i tried.
nobody gave me help, not even that, but all of the people i met were simply making me unhappy again. There is no escape if you stay here, you become like those that surround you.

You're Austrian. If you want to check out of society, just move into your dad's rape basement.

people aren't wired to feel happiness for any prolonged period of time

it's a fleeting emotion rather than a state of mind someone can stay in

the best you can do to be as happy as possible is constantly seek out situations that trigger that emotion and enjoy it while it lasts

contentment is more sustainable and that's both internal and external

that all being said society is miserable for the most part and you're probably better off living in the woods and absorbing yourself in nature

especially because it's been proven that humans feel better mentally when immersed in nature or even just around a few houseplants

Youre in Austria, jsut drive to Kärnten and sit in a cave for 10 years if that is what you want.
You live in one of the countries that has the greatest nature and outdoors ever.
Just become a hiking nomad. Theres plently of smaller villages and farms around your countryside. Help on the land and get a place to crash or some food and move on.

>So i know something's wrong, it's just that i don't want to leave it all and live on my own for years.

I've given this a lot of thought.

The "leave society" bit always breaks down on two things; money and self-reliance. Only a rare few can actually make it on their own with not much more than twigs and a knife in the bush.

So it's not really about escaping society, it's about forming a new one. What you want for this to succeed is a number of people, about a dozen, to start a joint venture to live as self-sufficiently as possible.

This involves money so you better have saved up. This involves a lot of work, so you better be good at something.

Once you get about a dozen people you have what my grandparents generation had; enough people to run a small farm for sustenance. Through this you also get some extra produce you can sell so you have a small stash of cash to buy things you can't make.

Hell, today you could even do real jobs like programming with your spare time and earn a proper salary on the side.

But the key comes down to having a start up capital and enough people genuinely invested in this to make it work. And that's damn hard. I have 4 people at this time who are all interested in making it happen. The joint capital is about half a million US. It all depends on how big your plan is - mine involves a big initial land purchase.

other way round, user.
you should feel love and happiness with your fellow humans, and seek danger from time to time when you need food. this is natural and we all know it, even if life is more dangerous out there. it's also more happy.

>the best you can do to be as happy as possible is constantly seek out situations that trigger that emotion and enjoy it while it lasts

This is the great lie, the blue pill that unfortunately virtually all of humanity has swallowed. The fact is that you don't have to be dependent on external factors to be happy. That just puts you at the mercy of whatever happens to and around you. The world only has power over you if you let it.
If you resist the present moment by wishing it were different, that you're really doing is putting up mental resistance to the facts of reality. What could be more futile than that? The key is to accept all situations as if you had chosen them yourself. If you can't change a situation for the better, you can either remove yourself from it or accept it wholly. You don't have to depend on circumstances to be "in your favor."
This isn't some naive ideology, but a fact of life that becomes real to you if you endeavor to put it into practice. It isn't easy, because it runs contrary to everything you've ever believed. Take this leap of faith, and you'll see for yourself.

Big initial land purchase for what? Self-sustainability is all about reducing your carbon footprint and living simply. Idk what you need a huge purchase of land when 5 acres, when properly utilised, could easily support 6 people with very little work involved past arranging living quarters.

i never said anything about other people on any individual level, i said something about society

i'm not sure how to respond to the rest of what you said since what makes people happy is subjective to the individual, and being present in nature rather than in a cuty environment is better for a person's mental state

danger levels are variable

Haha how is demoralization real nigga just ride the tiger like just maintain your inner character while being in this world not of it haha

I think we have overcomplicated life to the point of uncontentment and unhappiness.

If your only job was to grow food to eat and live, build your own house on your own little square of land and you didn't have to go to work and waste your life away working for a wage that's been told to you from a young age that you need to have a good life and make you happy ,then you will feel a lot better.

in the past 200 years our civilisation has changed dramatically, way to quick for our evolutionary-locked bodies to catch up.

the best way to achieve happiness is to seek it repeatedly

you're talking about contentment not happiness, inner peace and contentment aren't the equivalent of happiness

happiness is literally a chemical reaction in your brain to outside stimuli

that's why i made the distinction, people are mistaken when they pursue happiness as a life goal because it's a feeling

chasing a feeling is the same as chasing a high, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's not going to last you'll always need more

whereas what you're talking about (contentment) comes from within to an extent (external factors can keep people from reaching it as a regular state), is a matter of perspective and can be cultivated through practices like mindfulness and immersion in life

you're mistaking feelings for a frame of mind and equating them as if they're one in the same; they aren't

danger needs to be recognized as being purely from the outside, from nature, not from humans.

thinking danger can't come from other humans is naïve at best

>Big initial land purchase for what? Self-sustainability is all about reducing your carbon footprint

Oh good I forgot to bring this up.

You don't have to be a weed smoking hippie luddite to do this. You don't have to have some "back to nature" fantasy. Especially when faced with bullshit arguments like "reducing your carbon footprint". With wood heating? Not fucking likely.

There's nothing an individual can do that matters as far as carbon goes. One industry shipment on a tanker is a bigger factor than all airplane traffic which is a bigger factor than all vehicle traffic and your entire life's spending on fossil fuels doesn't even register in comparison.

> Self-sustainability is all about reducing your carbon footprint and living simply

Self-sustainability is actually about reducing your need of the rest of society and creating your own replacement. Surviving by your own skills and on your terms. Not being a pawn to the wagecuck system. Having a goal beyond paying rent, shitting out 2.1 kids and making sure to pay your taxes.

> Idk what you need a huge purchase of land when 5 acres, when properly utilised

Large amount of land to have a good utility forest and to own a good chunk of waterways completely. This costs quite a bit. Using a forestry the old way requires a large amount of forest to sustain the felling and regrowth needs.

why should it? it doesn't help your survival in any way if it's your own community. if we're talking war, then sure.. it happens from time to time, but not always.

Dick Proenneke lived in the wilderness for 30 years, but he had people flying in with supplies for him. There are 4, hour long documentaries of footage he shot detailing his life. They used to be on youtube. Well worth hunting them down if they are still online.

youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

1. What's your opinion on water power plants that dam up rivers and kill the fish populations?
2. In what part of the world are you gonna settle?
3. What type of industry are you planning to get into?
4. Can i join your group although i'm dirt poor?

I suppose that depends on your definition. You're using these terms as if they have absolute definitions, which isn't the case

other people can be dangerous in many ways, acknowledging that has nothing to do with being able to participate within a community

you can still function around people without fear and acknowledge that people can be dangerous

you don't need an unrealistic view of human nature to connect with people, and people aren't completely dangerous

acknowledgment of an aspect of humanity doesn't mean it's all you ever expect from someone

but i'm not sure why you're stuck on this topic when the initial discussion was about going to live in a more natural environment in a search for contentment

happiness does have an absolute definition, what's subjective about it is what makes people feel that way

even if you want to pretend that happiness isn't defined in any absolute terms i gave you my definition and what you said doesn't apply to my thoughts on the subject

I've been saving for a few years now, I want to go /out/ and never come back. It may never happen but the thought alone keeps me going.

>1. What's your opinion on water power plants that dam up rivers and kill the fish populations?

Do you mean industrial scale or small farm scale?

My grandparents farm used slight dams to enlarge the waterway closest to the farm for use. The local lake had more runs to and fro so it wasn't exactly impacted.

You can also use a modern small turbine to generate a little electricity continually as long as the water doesn't freeze up today (if you create a drop and waterfall obviously).

Industrial scale there's not much to say; it impacts the ecology and destroys fishing sure. But then we have the most waterways in the world, or maybe Finland tops us. Either way there's plenty to go around. The bigger problem is how we've almost killed Bothnia by fertilizer runoff.

>2. In what part of the world are you gonna settle?

I already own a generational farm here, but the new purchase would be in the US.

>3. What type of industry are you planning to get into?

Not sure what you mean by this.

>4. Can i join your group although i'm dirt poor?

No. And that's an important point and a good reason for a large buy-in. It weeds out unproductive people and people who are just memeing about wanting to leave society and work on a farm while their fat asses are comfortably sitting around in front of the computer all day.

I'm not a luddite. There will be computers and technology, I'm even interested in automated farming systems with microcontrollers that are coming up now. But there won't be space for human wastes.

This kind of thing attracts a lot of people today. If you go the commie route of "commune" you'll be swarmed with snapchat using 20-somethings who have no drive or lifeplan and who want to sit around somewhere "idyllic" and do fucking nothing or work on their "talent" of strumming three chords on a guitar.

Avoid these people like the fucking plague.

If you are this person, man the fuck up and grow some skills.

when people think of happiness they frequently are describing a specific sensation, one that comes from external stimuli

achieving a level of inner peace is separate from that particular chemical reaction

we don't completely disagree at all or anywhere near it

That aside, contentment doesn't leave room for anything else. If you're content, you're content. There's nothing else you need, nothing that can add anything to what you already have.
This seems to have become a semantic argument now, which wasn't my intention

Honestly bro, just move elsewhere. It isn't the human race that is hurting you, but where you are now.

I would start by moving to Thailand. There is beautiful nature there, and you can get a cheap apartment away from the shithole big cities and ladyboys.

Just get away from where you are now, and you will be able to live harmoniously with your spiritual goals.

Lmao underrated

When i think about the fact even 2 generations before us every human could have lived the innawoods life i want is depressing as fuck.

I am dropping weight, stopped smoking and trying to leave neet life but then I remember, even if I get rich in the uk i can never live in a cabin in the woods. So my only option is get rich by 50 and then try to live the life I want now at 20.

>tfw no Odalgård

mirin your spirit though. you seem to have understood the real condition of technology, and seen beyond the "old ways good, new ways bad" fallacy. in essence, not about the means, but rather it's about the ends. cars aren't bad because they are new, they are bad because they run on a fossil fuel which, in a crisis, you could not extract or produce yourself. computers aren't bad, they're bad becaues you run them on the electrical network which, in a crisis, you would not be able to access. Therefore a good idea would be to own a car that runs on wood gas (it's a thing), wood being easily accesible to a simple community, and having solar panels or water generators to run your computers (simple electrical generating technology that renders you independant of the massive, centralised electrical system of today.)

Prozac

If you live with people that make you unhappy, accept it and don't give a fuck, or move away.

Buy a farm or something, to gardening, do something with animals and get a aryan wife and make children on that farm.

there's always room for other things, cultivating one state of mind as a base state doesn't prevent people from experiencing other things

people don't just exist in an internal state irresponsive to external stimuli

and being content with life doesn't necessarily equate with being stuck, it depends on personal factors

you can't shut out other states of mind entirely, they're inevitable

so while base states regardless of which one you choose can be cultivated through perspective and internal forces they aren't a constant they're just more sustainable longterm than the pursuit of chemical reactions

however you can't discount the external in favour of the internal and vice versa, they're cohesive and people benefit from both

You can be apart from society while still be in it physically.

You can baby-step it. Throw away your cell phone. Cancel your TV and internet. Avoid your family, etc.

Apologies if you've already answered this but are you in a big city, a smaller town, suburbs or somewhere rural?

>cultivating one state of mind

I don't lead with this because it usually makes people's eyes glaze over. I'm talking about a state of no mind, the goal preached by the Buddha.

>you can't shut out other states of mind entirely, they're inevitable

True, as long as you identify with your mind. The real goal of meditation is to wrest control of your life from your mind and subjugate it, transforming it into the practical tool it's meant to be rather than a source of identity. It shouldn't be too hard to see that you don't have any control of your mind under ordinary circumstances. It constantly bombards you with random thoughts, making your emotions fluctuate as your consciousness latches on to them and produces reactions to the content of those thoughts. Once you learn to take a step back so to speak and observe your thoughts without becoming attached to them, you realize that the mind is actually an obsessively compulsive monster in its unchecked state. If you are your mind, does it make any kind of sense that you have no control over it?

How spooky of you to tell us what the "real goal" of meditation should be. Furthermore, Buddha was a cuck, he never conquered any land or won any epic battles, unlike our viking forebears, for example.

That's not my opinion. I'm only stating what the masters teach. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, because I don't know with absolute certainty myself. I only want others to consider perspectives they may not have been aware of before

>Buddha was a cuck, he never conquered any land or won any epic battles

Is this ironic shitposting or are you 12?

I just get a bit triggered over westernes go to to the far East to seek spirituality, when they have a perfectly fine tradition in their own homeland. Did you know for example that the vikings practiced a form of meditation called "utesitting"? Probably not, because the early church banned the practice.

I'm being completely honest. Western tradition generally aims for some sort of tangible progress (evident in our vast conquests and inventions), and is unfamiliar with or indeed even disdainful of the sort of "annihilation of the self" that Buddha recommends.

And you don't need to dress up meditation in that kind of language, it's really not that complicated. In the western tradition we'd talk about contemplating instead, and it's got less mystical nonsense attached to it.

It is possible to create a blank state of mind and that feels about the same as if you've ever had a lot of anxiety and then woken up one day with all of that weight lifted. You lose a pressure on yourself you don't normally notice.

It's a very fleeting sensation, but once you've reached it, it's easier to get to it again. Call it a state of respite from all the rest of the world and from yourself.

>And you don't need to dress up meditation in that kind of language, it's really not that complicated. In the western tradition we'd talk about contemplating instead, and it's got less mystical nonsense attached to it.

Well said... If only more people could realize this.

yeah no matter where you go here I think you will always be forced to pay someone something. nearest option would be moving to mainland Europe, plenty of vast uninhabited forests.

>Western tradition generally aims for some sort of tangible progress
> unfamiliar with or indeed even disdainful of the sort of "annihilation of the self" that Buddha recommends.

Well this part is true. Buddhists talk a lot about the paradox of not having desires (necessary to reach their meditative goals) while obviously that is their desire to do so. It seems simpler to just see their explanatory model as flawed, especially when other people have achieved similar results without the paradoxes they create.

> evident in our vast conquests and inventions

Don't put your emphasis on conquest then. That's just following the slanted lefty "western culture was always an evil conqueror civilization" mythos.

We've spent just as much time on trying to find equilibrium and peace in the countries and empires that were. The successes of peacetime and trade are downplayed so much it's rarely talked about in schools, you get the impression European warfare is only a list of battles.

Look to the Marcus Aurelius figures for inspiration on this. It's the "walk softly and carry a big stick" philosophy of Teddy Roosevelt.

It ties into what I said earlier, the goal of modern life can be how to escape it and carve out a piece of it for you and yours. The battle, to me, seems to be more about fighting society for the right to live life the way you want to. Everything's geared against self-sustaining lifestyles and promoting the wage cycle as a replacement.

Russia. Go inna slav. Never returnski.
Canada. Go inna syrup.
Hard mode: Go inna desert.

my life operates on neuraljty as the base state, you're making the assumption that who i am is related to advice i give and it isn't

i meditate (mostly third eye) every day and have been for years, i'm well aware of what internal experiences and perspectives can do, and i've had many experiences that have impacted me

i've read through plenty of buddhist philosophy and it's not absolute, nor do i subscribe to it wholeheartedly

however when i say it isn't absolute i mean that there isn't one path to achieve enlightenment and there isn't one goal in achieving it

i do not need to tell someone else my personal base states, the goals of meditation when i do it, or imply that they need to seek it things the way i do

op wants to live in nature for a while to experience something else, and should whether or not it lasts in the event that such an immersion could have a positive and profound effect

but i can't tell them what to seek there or how to seek it, that's personal

you've made a lot of assumptions and haven't said anything i can find any actual value in because i know it on a personal level and i have experience both with meditation and study of the philosophical views you promote

i can observe my thoughts without feeling, i don't need a lesson in it

no need for unsolicited advice based on false assumptions on your part about myself and you

Really activated my almonds.

We ought to remember who and what EVERYONE REALLY IS - Pure Consciousness (which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL) having an experience in a temporary human form. You can do ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO and you can be ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE. They want us to think that the average person is powerless to positively change the world, but the TRUTH is that we have INFINITE POWER - both individually AND collectively. There's only one of us here. If you hit yourself on the head with a baseball bat, they'll put you in a mental hospital, yet that's EXACTLY what people are doing on a global scale. You can call Pure Consciousness 'God' if you want, but I don't because the word 'God' has religious connotations that I would rather avoid. Religion is the McDonald's of spirituality.

What we need to do is to raise our level of consciousness, both individually AND collectively. If even one person raises his or her level of consciousness, it has a ripple effect that benefits EVERYONE ELSE, even if they don't believe any of this stuff - and this is because 'reality' itself is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature. One of the ways that they have manipulated us so deeply for so long is by suppressing our sense of the possible. What we call 'reality' is COMPLETELY ILLUSORY and thus MALLEABLE - and they KNOW THIS, while most other people do NOT. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY TO BEGIN WITH. People are AWAKENING to a MORE EXPANDED CONCEPTION of the world and life in general and this is a PROFOUNDLY GOOD THING. We owe it to our innate intelligence to QUESTION EVERYTHING and that includes EVERYTHING that I tell you. We have the power to transform this prison illusion into a PARADISE ILLUSION, so let's USE that power.

Nice reddit spacing, faglord

Our true nature, our true identity and our true state is Pure Consciousness (which is infinite and eternal). Pure Consciousness has free will, but when it assumes temporary human forms (i.e. us), it experiences predetermined lives. So at the physical level of 'reality', there is no free will. But at the most fundamental level of 'reality', there is free will.

"You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it."

What kind of pill did this guy take? Asking so i can avoid taking it.

We're all one - and the beauty of this is that we don't have to be cucks despite this fact (and it IS a fact). We can STILL protect Western Civilisation and save the white race from extinction. We ought to embrace nationalist principles to protect Western Civilisation and save the white race from extinction even while REMEMBERING who and what WE REALLY ARE - Pure Consciousness (which is INFINITE AND ETERNAL) experiencing life in a temporary human form. Our TRUE STATE, our TRUE NATURE and our TRUE IDENTITY is Pure Consciousness and Pure Consciousness is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. We are SIMULTANEOUSLY one yet different in our oneness in much the same way that the waves of an ocean are one with that ocean but are also unique in and of themselves in that each wave has its own shape, speed and size. I think that's pretty neat. What we call 'reality' is HOLOGRAPHIC in nature, so we are in fact smaller versions of the whole (which you can call 'God', if you want). Every part of the whole contains the whole and, to be more accurate, IS the whole. And just as a drop of water contains the same qualities as an entire ocean of water, we likewise contain all that exists within us - but merely on a smaller scale. From unconditional love we ALL sprang and to unconditional love we ALL return. There are no answers, only choices. There are no hallucinations, only shifts in perception. There are no laws, only habits. There are no coincidences, only synchronicities. There are no truths, only experiences. Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but my message shall NEVER pass away. The message is more important than the messenger.

kek

This is true. Unfortunately it's extremely difficult to internalize.

neutrality* my mistake

i was already aware of your perspectives

you attempted to push them down my throat on the assumption that i don't know them and as if you have a view into enlightenment others automatically lack

i didn't even disagree with you as a matter of fact i said something similar i just used wording you didn't care for and still got a lecture

tell me why you think you should be my spiritual teacher exactly?

I have a feminine penis can I come live with you

>we don't live in nature anymore
Nature is an asshole.

Good luck having any of the skills required to survive on your own. One injury or fuck-up will be the death of you.

youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss&index=1&list=PL285D00CD4C4B761F

Just practice zazen.

I wasn't talking to you in particular. I only built on what you said because I felt I could add something to the views you were conveying that the OP for instance wouldn't otherwise consider, for the sake of the general discussion. There was no lecture directed at you, and I'm certainly not qualified to be anyone's teacher.

Meth is a hell of a drug.

Self recluse is the way of the monk and a path to know/God.

Humanity will once again have to completely redesign our civilization in order to sustain ourselves. It all begins in the cities and how we harness energy, food, and standards of living.

The days of working will have to end for most of us, even though most blue collared republicans will resist such an idea. Robotic automation will take over for us ad from there a basic universal income will be given to everyone, along with basic housing and driverless taxi services.

that's not the way you came off, and you're right you aren't

i understand that you believe in buddhism, but there are more spiritual practices and belief systems where meditation like what you describe is a part of it

i studied buddhist texts for a long time, but i learned third eye meditation from a pagan

buddhist philosophy can be a great base, but even it doesn't claim to be infallible in the sense that it does recognize individual paths

it isn't the be all end all though, not all of its ideas work and there's no need for anyone to adhere to a belief system that's already in place

This sort of naive utopianism reeks of high school Marxism. We'll always toil and suffer. It's our lot.

Hello Brother Wizard!

10/10 agreement. He hath gnosis.

>there's no need for anyone to adhere to a belief system that's already in place

This. Unquestioning adherence to any belief system is a type of enslavement.

I disagree with the "pre-determined" lives. Soul contracts that constrain us due to deception by Archons.

We are more powerful than Archons. Break those soul contracts.

there's more than one "society"

find one that meets your criteria

I'm just not sure if there's any other way, do you honestly expect us to be working in factories for the next thousand years? At some point civilization will change, it cannot stay the same.

The same predictions were made 100 years ago with the advent of the production line. We're still working. Society changes but it's always hierarchical. Try not to be at the bottom.

U don't have to buy a hut in the fifth pine to leave society, just put aside trends, influences and mass stupidness. Apply introspection to urself, then look at the world from the outside.
Try to understand your aptitudes and limitations, and know when to make effort on something worth, and non-effort on something not worth. That's it.

Yes, we are more powerful than the parasitic Archons and we can break soul contracts, but we are bound by space and time at the physical level of 'reality' (even though both space and time are illusory). I said 'predetermined' because at the physical level of 'reality', what we call 'the future' has already happened - it simply hasn't played out yet for us because of the way that we decode time (as a phenomenon that flows in only one direction - forward).
Time is an illusion, just like space, solidity and everything else besides Pure Consciousness. When you watch a DVD movie, the entire movie is on that disc and the part of the movie you watch depends on what you do with your remote. Reality is kind of like that in the sense that the 'past', the 'present' and the 'future' are ALL happening at the same time and the part of it you experience (i.e. the 'past', the 'present' and the 'future') and the speed you experience it at (i.e. slow-motion and fast-forward) depends on how your mind (i.e. the remote) decodes it.

Fuck off with this faggy fear/spiritual/god/commie shit. It hasn't worked in the past and it won't work in the future.
>>Automation
>>UBI
Neither of these will happen. Have you not seen all the compilations of million dollar robots failing to do tasks beyond a basic walk cycle? Vast reports of self-driving vehicles fucking up? They can't even be used in most of natures conditions. You have to have an unnatural dystopian bubble in order for this kind of thinking to be a reality. If people are going as nuts as they are now even without all this shit being the norm, imagine what it would be like if it WAS the norm. Stupid tech-obsessed lefties.

OP, just find a like-minded group of around 100 or so people and join their tribe. Raise a family, and educate your children around nature and strong values. If you're European, move close to a forest area and raise a farm. If you're brown eyed and not European, move closer to desert lands. Simple.

I see what you mean though, and that's my fault.
I wouldn't say I "believe" in Buddhism either. My first encounter with these ideas was through Eckhart Tolle after I'd already been practicing meditation purely for non-spiritual reasons for some time, and since then I've sought to deepen my understanding through various texts most notably Hindu and Buddhist in origin. I mentioned the Buddha specifically because he's the most recognizable to most people.
It seems to me that everything is pointing towards the same universal fundamentals, so subscribing to any one particular doctrine would only be limiting yourself as you say.

>easy as pie
>mommy, where's my tendies?

What we call 'the world' is an infinitely small frequency band. It is not solid as most people think it is, because the atoms that compose 'the world' are made of empty space. Furthermore, 'the world' as we know it does not even exist 'out there' - it exists only 'in here' and is projected by us only when we tune in to it. What we call 'the world' is like a computer simulation, which means that it is illusory and therefore malleable. What we call 'ghosts' are beings that are so close to our frequency band that they can 'bleed' through like a form of broadcasting interference. A radio accurately tuned to a radio station frequency will produce a clear, sharp reception with no interference, but when the dial is slightly off-centre, another station or stations can be heard alongside the main one. What we call 'ghosts' are based on the same basic principle and reptilians (for example) are basically beings that we could think of as 'ghosts' in that they inhabit a frequency band that vibrates very closely to the one we inhabit. To us, a 'ghost' would not look solid - but to that 'ghost', we are the ones who would not look solid. There are an infinite number of frequency bands and they all share the same space usually without interfering with each other.

kek

I prefer duck. Chickens are better used for eggs.
I meant what I wrote though. All these people with soul contracts are destined to live without happiness. Not a life that failed to seek it, but a life that failed to derive from its surroundings that which brings about the chemicals the brain needs to experience it.

Say what you want, but there's a reason all those monks, nuns and priests are alcoholics.

In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm just saying what you describe as simple, namely finding a group or tribe of like minded people, is not simple at all. It's not Fallout. You can't just go join Ceasar's legion or the Brotherhood of Steel. What you describe sounds like joining a cult.

>ancient Indians eat mushrooms
>develop super powers
Really gives me pause.

Why become good when you can become mighty ? Start lifting, hike in the woods, start hunting, establish meaningful relationships and you'll feel much more fulfilled, happiness is only momentarily, take out as much as you can from those moments.

There is no doubt that consumption of mushrooms can enable a person to see things that exist at frequencies which are beyond what we call 'visible light', but that is a temporary way to awaken siddhis.

THREAD THEME:

youtube.com/watch?v=_oeslAqeTEc

you self-absorbed fool. your life isnt supposed to be blissful and happy. it's supposed to be meaningful and purposeful.

youre supposed to achieve something, and mother nature is always trying to test you; kill you if need be. youre supposed to have nerve and suffer for something that is beyond yourself.

want happiness? find something worth blood, and bleed for it.

So you're telling me that after the mushrooms wear off, the enlightened retain their Superman like powers? If so, why is there no Justice League of non-loo-pooers? They've had a couple thousand years to fill out the ranks.

>>What you describe sounds like joining a cult
That's exactly what people use to say about those wanting to avoid cults though...
Just like Christians with Pagans.
Just like Catholics with the Irish.
Now even just wanting to be self-sufficient and family-first puts you in the cult category, for simply wanting to do as your ancestors did.
What next? Thinking for yourself is being part of a cult? Does that line of what is classed as a cult not stop until it's firmly shrunk so close around your feet that it's a noose ready to tighten at the neck?

I understand that my usage of the word "simple" is perhaps a poor choice of words given that the topic is about taking a fresh direction among a society that perhaps doesn't provide that many fresh ones...but Fallout certainly isn't what I'm referring to. As for joining a brotherhood, no I'm not suggesting that. Join something that teaches you the skills of foundation. Trades; masonry (bricks and concrete, not the cult shit), carpentry, gardening, basic engineering, etc.

Once you're in on that, start reaching out to farmers in areas that seem ideal to relocate to. Put your name out there and offer to do work for them in return for accommodation and meals (there are many services that provide this). Eventually you will fall upon ones that have enough work on their farms to offer you a separate house long-term while you help them. This is when you can choose to raise a family.

Often, people who relocate to more ideal, self-sufficient areas don't just "simply" do it, they take it step by step...usually by helping others first in return for small favors. This is especially the case in areas around Europe, especially for farmers near France.

Does this sound like an alien idea to suggest to people? Is society that dumbed down to only the "get job, pay rent/mortgage" concept that people don't realize other options exist anymore?

>So you're telling me that after the mushrooms wear off, the enlightened retain their Superman like powers?

No, I'm saying the opposite.

Go for it, you'll probably be sick of it after a couple of weeks, if not, then good on you.

This always get to me

Why the FUCK can't you make enough money doing something you like and live comfortably?

Life outdoors is harsh and tough as shit every single day

The problem is that you're pussyfied. If you can't take 1st world society there is no fucking way you're going to survive in the natural jungle.

it's cool, you just come on way too strong

i haven't studied hindu beliefs in any depth, while i was studying buddhism and other philosophy life ended up taking me in another direction that brought me to where i am now

rigid structures seem better to get ideas from and they have value in that sense, but yeah as a whole any one school of thought is probably better to stay away from (unless it feels right to an individual i suppose)

All this fucking woo-woo "spiritual" nonsense.

Worst case you can literally survive in the wilderness, with ... close to nothing. If you get the bare minimum, a knife, an axe and some tools you can go far.

If you can get your way to living by the sea you'll have practically unlimited amounts of fish.

Same if you're close to a big enough lake, though fishing nets are massively helpful.

Get a great wet suit and you can swim out fishing nets even in the winter.

None of this shit is permitted because private property rights but you probably could do this shit without anyone catching onto you in your native land, if you really are that into it.

Better: as swedebro says, build a farm, self sustain and cultivate some land. Though good luck escaping civilization, best bet is a hybrid, or become a kike and amass some wealth in legal but maybe not so ethical ways, buy some land and take it from there.