Despite societies perception of the movement do you believe the ethical argument for Veganism is logical?

Despite societies perception of the movement do you believe the ethical argument for Veganism is logical?

If you ignore the vocal morons of the movement and listen to the level headed activists such as Unnatural Vegan I honestly cannot find a flaw in the arguments.

>Killing animals for food in 2017 is unnecessary
>Egg and dairy production in its current state is completely inhumane but it does not have to be (i.e. sourcing eggs yourself)

If you hit your macro and micronutrients such as 80Gs of Protein...X amount of Iron, vitamins and minerals from plant based sources there is no reason why you can't function as a healthy human being. Muscle mass can still be built just as you would in a meat eating diet, it just takes more work to get the protein source.

Any left or right opinions towards animal rights and welfare?

>be browsing pol
>get interested in politics
>find the pro-life/pro-choice debate
>wonder if this logic applies to animals
>most vegans are pro-choice
>fucking dumbfounded on how there is no cognitive dissonance
>find Unnatural Vegan on YT

I remember trying to listen to a vegan's justification for being pro choice. It was pretty awesome stuff to listen to, and really pretty amusing.

I have no problem with veganism as long as people don't feel all high and mighty because of it. People that want to eat meat should be allowed to.

On the other hand, cruelty in the animal byproduct industry is a serious problem and should be addressed. The least we can do for these animals is grant them a comfortable existence and a painless death.

Most vegans just don't want to eat animals because they are pussies

Pussies are almost always liberals so that's why they are pro choice

If it was truly viable to grow all our meat in a test tube and eat a bunch of plants and still get the same/better nutrition I wouldn't have a problem with being vegan but right now it's too expensive and complicated for me to care

Personally as long as you are 1488 I don't care what or how you eat.

Stop trying to pass "ethical" as "logical" you fucking vegan shill. Fuck your ethics. Fuck your moralisms.

Butchering and consuming animal flesh is for the strong. Plants are fodder for slaves. Which is why the Jews are trying to force veganism on the goyim.

I'll always butcher animals for food. Try and stop me, you weak cowards.

NO

when I said amusing, I meant retarded. Listen to her go through strange hoops to justify favoring abortion and being vegan was funny.

>do you believe the ethical argument for Veganism is logical?
obviously

This is one of the tougher red pills to swallow. Unconditional love, my friends. Unconditional.

If it was not a religion for atheists maybe.
It's a way for people they are doing good when they are really just starving themselves and never taking the red pill that is life is painful and the strong eat the weak.

Humans decide what ethics are.

Empirical information doesn't decide what ethics are.

The Universe doesn't decide what ethics are.

If you lift up one human flaw into Godliness, we'll end up lifting them all up.

Ego, and the human bias is the most dangerous thing to any society.

Please, engage in socratic dialogue.

''completely inhumane'' good thing cows and chickens aren't human then isn't it.

Now, you see, meat contains some stuff that you'd need to eat 10 pounds of vegan shit for.

Also Angus Steaks medium rare are fucking amazing.

Ever considered that morality may have nothing to do with humans?

Perhaps the more moral thing to do is to progress the Universe by making it more complex and the fastest way to do that is to transfer energy to the next stage of it's cycle and the best way to do that is to kill?

What if life comes into existance to do nothing but transfer energy faster than non-living things would?

We exist to create destruction, pussy. Stop being vegan.

Yeah as I wrote that I was thinking why do they always call these practices "inhumane" when referring to the treatment of animals. Poor choice of words.

This

Let's say you have to make a choice: eat some worms in your background, or go to the store to buy some veggies.

Chances are, more worms are killed in the production and shipping of veggies, than if you were to just eat some yourself. So, what is the moral thing to do here?

Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies!

ITT people with low scores of agreeableness

Bad argument since a majority of crops are created to feed livestock in the first place- in turn killing more animals than if we just had grain produced for humans.

nipbro reporting in. you want fish.
nothing in the vegan logic says you don't need omega 3. Plant foods contain not enough essential amino acids.
vegans are true on eggs, dairy, and land animals.

ITT: Dirty humans centralizing morality into their identity

You have no morality, and no right to declare it upon yourself.

Hemp, flax and your favourite edible seaweed for Omega 3s.

Pretty cool huh?

I think overfishing is a problem but I can't really empathize with a stupid fish or seafood being killed for food.

It's logical.

But not practical.

Plus meat tastes better.

The world is a cold, brutal place. We rose to the top of the food chain because we are the most cunning and brutal predators.

If we lose sight of that, we deserve to be replaced as apex predators.

Veganism is for pussies. It weakens you physically, to match your weak constitution. Anyone who chooses to accept weakness in their lives deserves to be replaced by a stronger, more adaptable, and smarter enemy.

Diets that restrict proteins breed weakness. Weakness breeds hard times. Hard times breed out the weakness in society. And hard people create better times. The cycle then repeats.

We're frugivoric omnivore apex predators.

We suck at digesting leaves. The leafy veggies we eat are genetic freaks that can't survive without humans.

We're good at eating seeds, fruits, starchy roots, etc. We suck at turning cellulose into nutrition.

80g of protein? i need 150 minimum every day.

>I honestly cannot find a flaw in their arguments
>killing animals for food in [current year] is unnecessary

Christ you're a moron. That is not an argument, that is a idiotic statement which you are taking as gospel. I thought Australians were better than this. Kys for the good of your race.

Also
>level headed
>activists

alright tough guy, back to /fit/

Okay you are right I'll rephrase that. Factory farmed animal production is fucked up.

I do think it is unnecessary because all nutrients can be covered by food that is not an animal
protein?

Informational youtubers are also activists. Just not your stereotypical ones.

>vegan's justification for being pro choice
I would recommend a vegan diet for anyone that has a family history of heart problems. This coming from someone that formerly weight lifted for gains/strength.

Outside of that, I would love to see the mental gymnastics of a vegan (doing it for the animals) justifying abortions. Of course, they'll just dismiss life being at conception or viable prior to 6 months.

This, it's a part of the environmentalism cult. I have a friend who recently tried to 'convert' me to veganism, and it was the same verbage an evangelist would use. It has evolved into an idol for the non-religious

>be me
>grow up on a cattle farm in the Midwest
>treat cattle with the utmost respect and dignity
>healthy cows determine whether or not we have food on the table
>never give them hormones or other shit because grandpa has spent 40 years making his cattle genetically superior
>listen to vegan cucks bitch about how horrible I am and how I torture animals

Why do vegans perpetuate this narrative?

I saw a PETA video the other day of a farmer pulling a calf from the birth canal saving the calf and mother's life. Something I've had to do numerous times.

PETA was trying to insinuate that this farmer was torturing the cattle somehow.

Pic from my farm unrelated.

Veganism is a diet that can only thrive because of first world amenities, the idea that because you don't eat animal products makes your diet superior to someone else's is fucking ridiculous. How do people think all that vegan shit ends up at the grocery store? It still takes a fuckload of resources to produce and transport. People will only stop eating meat when it's unaffordable to do so.

peta and vegans must be purged

Thats cool man and yeah i've heard the worst of the worst gets put out by PETA. What is your solution? Stop evil and eat meat?

Doesn't the american government subsidize the entire industry bringing the cost of meat down?

BTW I might be Australian but i'm not white. I live in Sydney as well.

That's not what humane means you fucking idiot

I get my omega 3 from algae oil, algae is where fish get their omega 3s.

Its clearly logical. We don't need to eat meat to survive. In fact, meat production is incredibly inefficient. So from the moral perspective, they are completely right. However, I like the taste of meat so much that I just don't give a fuck, which seems to be the majority opinion.

they have never heard of bioavailibility

Don't care, will continue to hunt and eat meat. fuck off with your cult cunt