TESLA PASSES FORD IN VALUE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/efficient_dynamics/phase_2/clean_energy/bmw_hydrogen_7.html
youtube.com/watch?v=mbEfzuCLoAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2mGBOIMvv_M
google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:TSLA&fstype=ii&ei=n5fiWNG1HcKVmgHN7a-4CQ
google.com/finance?q=NYSE:F&fstype=ii&ei=FpjiWMCQOYjumAHVzbfYCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good

Tesla is the biggest welfare queen in the world. Take away the subsidies and zero taxes it pays and it would have went under a decade ago.

Also, electric cars are retarded when we still have a coal grid. Until we get a fully nuclear grid (never gonna happen), gas and maybe hydrogen are the only sensible solutions.

>ford

Not really saying much

"THE BIGGEST WELFARE QUEEN" HAHAHAHAHAHA

What is Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Defense, Too Big To Fail??

YOU'RE PATHETIC FAGGOT

>t. Anime watching beta neet virgins who think it's acceptable to criticise billionaire innovators from the safety of the internet
Musk has unironically done more for humanity than you and probably most of your family combined.

What is this subsidies meme anyway? Only the uneducated spout it. They've done no research themselves, they just regurgitate because they read it somewhere. They never expand on it, because they really have nothing to say other than it.
Tesla is overvalued probably, but it's clear Musk is here to stay.

>Zip2
>X.com
>Paypal
>SpaceX
>Tesla
>Solarcity
>OpenAI
>Neuralink
>Hyperloop
>The boring company

Meanwhile, you've done nothing other than get fat and jerk off to cartoons.

muh corn

THEY AREN't CARTOONS

you're wrong.

see, I can do the same thing.

ford makes 20x the revenue that tesla makes and other people make electric cars. Its all speculation.

>What is this subsidies meme anyway?
Tesla receives block grants and tax breaks for being a green energy company. They are also not required to sell cars through dealerships, like all other car dealers.

Tesla is neat, Musk is neat, do wish they'd play fair though.

So what? The future is coming

You're a little behind on what's going on in the energy sector.

Saw an elderly woman driving a Tesla when I was out on the bike. It was p. cool.

By overvalued we're talking about dot com bubble overvalued though. When it crashes it has a chance of taking the company down with it.

>charge up your car with electricity generated from coal power which pollutes more than if you just had a gasoline car
really makes you think

>Xcom

Do they play to fight ayy lmaos too?

It's due for a reality check, just wait till the model 3's hit a snag.

Also "electric" is a meme. Tanks, ships and jets all the need the black stuff

>I don't know what business is or how they work, the post
>Wish they'd play fair
How retarded are you?

It isn't going to crash any time soon .

>he doesn't peddle his generator bike the evening prior to charge his car

Real talk though, I wish we had better public transportation and a culture of using public transportation.
I used the Metro in France and it blew my fucking mind (and yes I've used the bus, trains, and the subway in America too; they're pretty shit by comparison).

Anyone else get a weird vibe from the Tesla logo?

As if it's a Tau Cross combined and a nail that nailed Christ to the cross?

ford fucking sucks
how can you buy anything from this shit company
tesla also sucks, not quite as bad, but if you know anything about cars and economy, you know what im talking about
i wonder if tesla makes the jump to become a good company, maybe, but how long will it take ?
in terms of cars in general, german cars > japan cars > france cars > usa cars

>Ford
>come back, when you fuck Volkswagen in the ass

>implying I care about your urbanite vehicles

I can't say it's bad.

I'm waiting for electric vehicles to pass ice deathtraps in popularity

its market cap is almost 7x its revenue and it lost 674m and 888m respectively over the last 2 years, they keep trying to grow instead of focusing on sustainability. Same thing that happens to the dotcom companies.

a lad at /sci/ just said he interned in SpaceX and that Elon actually has a huge ego and is nothing like what the media makes him look like

>hydrogen

american education folks

Musk is truly the modern day archimedes

it's 20% owned by musk and 60% by institutional investors

its float is so tiny that the only way its stock tanks is if big hedge funds or banks start selling.

the same people that have been o so forgiving the last 5 years as tesla has gone through its shit.

the only way they sell is if model 3 is a total failure.

Engineerfag seconds this.

Furthermore, when will you retards realize that electric cars are worse than petrol??????

and i worked at tesla for 4.5 years out of school and disliked the culture too. it's more that people who work there have this weird god complex for elon and worship him. most can't even look him in the eye. you expect the ceo to be some systems engineer? fucking pathetic bulgarian. do you even have a single company worth $1B?

>electricity will be perpetually generated by burning coal
>solar power is not the fastest growing energy source thanks in part to Elon Musk

Hey fucker, coal electric is still several times cleaner than gasoline or diesel powered vehicles.
He got no taxes written for him, all the tax breaks he is receiving could have been gotten by any company doing the same. Not to mention the auto bailout for gas car companies cost taxpayers over 9 billion in losses, that's far far more than everything Tesla got.

You really should kill your self.

What the fuck is with you and your illogical negativity lmao. You start to communicate normally and then sperg out with a blast of negativity like you have schizophrenia, and you did it again in a post above. Not one part of my post contains anything to trigger a negative response

You have serious mental problems my dude, I'm not joking

>Furthermore, when will you retards realize that electric cars are worse than petrol??????
>engineerfag
does not compute lol.

electric motor is in every way superior to the ice.
massively superior power/weight ratio
massively superior efficiency
massively superior power band

the only thing that stops electric cars from succeeding on the mainstream market is the shitty battery technology we're stuck in for now.

bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/efficient_dynamics/phase_2/clean_energy/bmw_hydrogen_7.html

problem ahmed?

Emissions is the problem.

They are in the black if you don't count the capital investments in battery plants and production lines for the model 3. Investors have far more money and sense than you and they understand and value these things.

sounds like the user is the one with the ego, and a big chunk of jealousy

you linked some post from an 'intern' critiquing elon because he didn't know an intricate process and couldn't come up with a solution on the spot. the fact that he even acknowledged his existence probably made his day.

One question OP. Do you actually own or lease a Tesla car?

youtube.com/watch?v=mbEfzuCLoAQ
Good video about trains in the US.
A half decent metro would be nice. I heard Tesla was developing something a year ago that should shorten ride time between major cities. The root of burgerland's problem is very old tracks that limit the actual speed the train can go. Fix the major tracks then we're set.

Hydrogen is made from natural gas, it's cheaper than splitting water with electricity.

I find it hilarious that people here who support the coal industry in one post, go apeshit crazy against Tesla in another post because many of the power plants in the US burn coal. Not to mention that we are all using electricity to post our comments here on Sup Forums. I'll bet not a single user has a private gas burning power plant in their backyard.

Musk is just another in a long line of "capitalists" who make money off the public teat. Every oil company survives because of the US military that keeps the spice flowing. Every defense contractor stays in business because of the US military. Every domestic vehicle manufacturer makes billions selling cars to government entities (police departments, public works, federal vehicles, etc). Everyone who drives a regular car can do so economically because the US military keeps the spice flowing.

Musk has created a revolutionary technology, but people here don't care because greenies like him and because he gets federal dollars even though the same is true for most of corporate America.

Ideology is a bitch.

I think i recognize you articulate bulgarian man. Are you the one who is a writer? I enjoy your posts. Heres some positivity

All the while they ignore the elephant in the room that is iowa corn.

Doesn't that take up too much corn crop for feasibility? Enlighten me user.

I have 10kw of solar at my home and 25 kw at work. And coal powered electric vehicles still produces 4x less CO2 to drive than than a gas car.

Thanks lad, and yes, I did use to write once but I'm probably not the guy who you're referring to. Who's that Bulgarian writer and what does he post about?

I'm not sure what your asking me. I'm talking about the heavily subsidized corn/ethanol industry in Iowa that is so politicized that Iowa legally must always be the first caucus so that politicians grovel and promise theyll keep their welfare bucks.

just like they did with all those "billion" dollar internet companies with no revenue streams right?

do you really think that investment companies won't sell off the companies assets once they realize that the company will never be worth anywhere near what the current market cap says its worth? I'm not saying that the industry that it occupies is dead or the viability of electric cars on the market I'm just stating the fact that tesla will never be able to live up to its current value. Facts and figures prove that tesla would need to grow exponentially in a market where traditional companies are already starting to compete with them to meet market expectations.

This is perhaps the most reasonable thing said in the entire thread.

The amount of corn needed to produce ethanol is considerable. Is it feasible to use ethanol as a major source of fuel?

I can't really remember any specific posts but his command over the English language puts most native English speakers to shame, including me. I realized it was the same guy after I asked him because I was noticing very thought-provoking posts from a Bulgarian flag with consistent writing traits.

Oh I see. No it is not + the fact that ethanol fuels such a marginal portion of energy is why it is retarded. I've been told by a professor (sad that in this day and age this reduces credibility) that the amount of corn used to fill a tank of ethanol is enough corn to feed you for a year.

Sure, they're still benefiting from the battery waste externality.

youtube.com/watch?v=2mGBOIMvv_M

That's not too great. Imma start reading more to see if this is a "We just suck at this right now" phase or just the reality of corn energy.

You idiots continue to think Musk is a real person and that he alone is doing great things for the world.

He's not real. He's an invented person. He doesn't exist. At least, not as an individual.

He's just a symbol, you fools. He was picked. Chosen. Plucked. Same with Zuckerberg. They're just blank slates to be written over.

He's a front for government operations, you fools. For DARPA and the CIA and the like to continue to receive your federal funds and tax dollars and to get you to stop bitching about it.

No one has the level of success Musk has without something happening to, at the very least, check the success. No one. It, quite simply, doesn't happen. No one is given blank checks from the government for nothing.

See, what happened was, with the invention of the internet and the near instant dissemination of information to everyone in the world, let alone in the US, the government was faced with a problem. A conundrum.

The backlash against spending. It was an ironic twist. The incredible increase in spending that was a direct effect of WW2 and the Cold War, the spending that helped lay the foundations for the development of the internet and these amazing technologies, would be the very thing that would cause the backlash. It's like a wave. The tide goes out, the tide comes in.

"Hurr durr, why are we spending money on NASA when there's still poor people?" "Hurr durr why are we investing in government spy programs when we still have potholes?" "Hurr durr why are we talking about microwaves when kids can't afford school lunches?"

It doesn't matter if it's a real concern or not, it just happens naturally. It's no one's fault.

So how do they get around the backlash?

Invent a company. Or invest in an existing guy. Insert Musk. It's Mafia tactics 101. "Here, buddy, be the front guy, and as long as you keep your mouth fuckin' shut you'll reap all the rewards. Play along, be the enigmatic founder. Just shut the fuck up and do your job."

Well, you know Sup Forums - anytime you mention anything about coalburning, burning the coal...

Its called transitory energy. Its supposed to be a temporary solution between fossil fuels and green energy. However i dont believe ethanol would even be an option if not for government subsidies. And some supposed transitory fuel sources like natural gas look like they'll be used for the forseeable future.

I'd like to see those figures

Welcome newfag

Its a standard combustion fuel which mean it works on the same principles of oil, natural gas, and LPG. So its not really a we suck at this phase because no matter what you do to improve the combustion process the fact is gasoline will always be more energy dense than ethanol.

You're welcome Elon.

t.Norway

>buying a meme car
who am i kidding, no one buys these things.

some surface stuff but here
google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:TSLA&fstype=ii&ei=n5fiWNG1HcKVmgHN7a-4CQ

also for comparison here's ford's
google.com/finance?q=NYSE:F&fstype=ii&ei=FpjiWMCQOYjumAHVzbfYCQ

Neat. Thanks

utterly BTFOed by How will qVxT92VP ever recover?

There is no greater an honor on Sup Forums than to be capped.

I humbly accept your autismal thanks.

who gives a fuck? also, why would anyone defend (((ford)))? their "vehicles" are frump and ugly as fuck. they pollute a shit ton, and arent innovative at all.

been here since 2005 little faggot

Ford has done zilch innovation for 40 years and constantly outsources to 3rd world (instead of making better products that would sell more units).Tesla sells high end luxury vehicles for the filthy rich, doesn't outsource talent or engineering to the 3rd world.
Wonder which business model works best?
Also, sidenote, I shorted the shit out of Ford and it's been great

Deserved. Tesla is showing more willingness to invest in the American people than Ford, whom continues to send jobs overseas and making full time employees into part time.

>I'm not saying that the industry that it occupies is dead or the viability of electric cars on the market I'm just stating the fact that tesla will never be able to live up to its current value.

There is not enough battery production in the world to allow for a serious competitor for tesla, who will soon own the majority of battery production. They pretty much have this in the bag.

Well tbf the F150s and Super Duty series as well as the Transit and Expedition are very good cars/trucks.

I also think to some extent due to affirmative action and having to hire too many nigs that NASA can't really design anything worth anything anymore.

So to move things forward, they had to take the space program quasi-private, so they can hire whitey again and get those rockets back up into space. Also allows them to attract people who might not want to work for the government but who would happily work for a private corporation.

But in all serious we cant let Musk get the interstellar codes.

The entire auto industry is fucked. I could see it last year from all the incentives they were having to implement to keep their inventory moving.

And from what I understand it's going to get even worse this year and on into 2019. Probably won't bottom out until 2020 or so.

probably because their standard cars are some of the fastest production vehicles on the planet

What the fuck happened here? Foam party with something flammable?

You really think that noone else is making batteries?

when black people say that something was ''fukkin lit'' sometimes they are not talking shit.

Now you're gettin' it, kiddo.

If they go private they can do anything they want and sell it to you anyway they can.

"Here! Look at our new product! It's not only in the American people's best interests! It's in the best interests of the world!"

Musk never even had anything to do with PayPal, let alone SpaceX or Tesla.

Elon Musk is, quite simply, a bag man.

Again, a tactic the CIA and internal government organizations learned and continued from centuries of organized crime dealings.

So they really can spit hot fire? Fuck, guess they wuz dragons.

You do realize that race had nothing to do with the neo-libs taking wrecking ball to the federal budget right?

Literally 90% of Americas problems stem from the Bush and Clinton era budget reform policies and economic/foreign policies which have gutted the treasury so that a few wealthy bankers could make like bandits. Funny how the GOP really seemed to "hate" Clinton even though he did everything they wanted. Funny how the Dems "hated" Bush even though they voted for everything he told them to vote for. Basically, the Ameriburgers got cucked by the bankers

This says more about the (((Federal Reserve))) than it does about any car company.

Good, I work at the gigafactory.

>intern
>being around the CEO enough to make that judgement
yeah ok

>Dark Souls intro.webm

>guy gets federal dollars for doing and making good stuff

I don't see anything wrong with this

They have to grow because they have to be big in order to make sustainable amounts of money. They're doing what Amazon did in its time.

How does it feel to work at a decent every day battery factory that has been so well marketed by Elon that now everyone goes "BUT MUH GIGANIGGA" whenever anybody criticizes Tesla?

Have you seen the revolving door of employment at SpaceX? At one point Elon personally threw out like half of the PR department in an hour for basically no reason IIRC.

> 2016
> Tesla posts 3 billion in losses
> Ford posts 24 Billion in profit

I mean yea Tesla is growing and I want to see them succeed, but this headline is for retards