twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im not strong enough

he's dead

Save your race instead.

he's too far gone

>No link
Jordan Peterson - The Good Father Helps You to Become Your Best Self
youtu.be/JA5iEKvHNxk

this. He fucked up bad. But he had a secret son with a french women he kept a secret for 35 years. I kinda respect him for that.

>there are actually people willingly donating to this guy even though he earns at least $500,000 per year.

>only support things that don't have support, because superficial diversity is more important than believing in anything
>I hate the free market
>money is not protected speech
>anyone with more money than me must have infinite money, thereby never needing any more than exactly what he has, even if he plans to expand

>tfw can't save my father because he killed himself with (((liquor)))

keep strong - we all gonna make it (i hope)

can somebody explain to me what is going on?

Too late user. Both he and I are too far gone.

sort yourself out user

Normally I would say "lurk moar faggot" but Jordan has some kind of effect on me. Anyway to answer your question: Read the Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell. And read Jung. Then you will know.

I found a new woman to fuck and I've started going back to the gym semi-regularly again, but I just feel like I'm going through the motions and trying to make it to the end of each week by sheer instinct now

The slow suicide is mens favourite method, add it to the more direct statistics and we are real self-killing machines.

Don´t let it happen to you user, observe, find and destroy the patterns of the Slow Death. Those that are motivated by the Little Death your hope, faith and belief in humanity & life suffers from too many redpills.

desu his criticism of the altright went over my head, with the father-son stuff. Maybe I dont listen to him enough

>tfw he literally reeked of death and formaldehyde/booze for months beforehand
>I knew it was coming but I couldn't do anything to stop it

But that's a female in that picture. She's somebody's mother and doesn't advocate for common sense. So she's probably wishing you all a Happy mother's day by saying her Father's Day :)

OD´d on redpills?

It's not your literal father, you fucking imbeciles

No, more like I'm trying to "wake up" and become "who I want to be" rather than "who I am". I know what I have to do but I'd rather just go through the motions and stay within my comfort zone, probably because I have a deep-seated doubt in my own abilities/self

We've already derailed the thread, this train isn't going back to the station.

try listening to audiobook: Studies in Pessimism
youtube.com/watch?v=8t9HaH7Iiic

And this: Denial of Death
youtube.com/watch?v=qtACq9tommw

If you´re introverted or depressed I find this type of half-negative stuff can actually help.

>muh archetypes

all archetypes and in fact your entire psyche is based on your human experience - your life - your reality. You are correct but the symbol is twofold, imbecile.

can anyone break it down for me?

i'd gas him

I wrote this yesterday, but it may be relevant to you:

Father is a metaphor for the rulemaker, as compassion is frequently characterized as a female virtue.

As you mature, you notice the flaws of your rulemaker and how simplistic his (or her) rules are, though they were essential for your interactions with the world early on, when you needed training wheels to navigate the world.

Since the expansion of your ruleset relies on people who care even less for you, but whose input is important for your ethical development, although you learn from them (the good, the bad and the ugly), you also go through a crisis of trust.

Are you justly rewarded by this voluble society for being a good kid? Nope.

Can you trust yourself to act on your best interest consistently? Nope.

Most people have a hard time implementing a beneficial diet, let alone exercising, say, sexual discipline when faced with temptation.

That's when God comes in as the perfect father figure, axiomatically defined as such so that your trust (faith) can be absolute, so that you won't falter due to disappointments.

Given that the most important reward you're promised is neither immediate (except for the pleasure and peace of mind you draw from virtuous behavior) nor material (mundane), you have a reason to persevere in the face of eventual disappointments with yourself and other people, and even make sacrifices.

Doing so brings about fulfillment and a nice society to live in, if other people decide to join you due to the strength of your character and the visible results that tend to spring from it, even though they aren't your main source of motivation.

This, I believe, is the reason for the saying: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you".

That's how it starts. Don't worry, things will be going uphill from now on.

What if my father is primitive and pagan?

Ignore the kraut he is mourning his country via shitposting. Good post user. Did you read any Jung or Campbell? They have amazing stuff on these topics.

Jordan Peterson believes you take the good from your father and save him from the bad he has done. As no father is perfect it's about forgiving him for the bad and thanking him for the good and taking that good and applying to yourself, so you also can become a man who does not simply repeat the same mistakes but also doesn't forget what he taught.

I say go with Christianity. It's partially based on those ancient pagan myths anyways.

Nope. Any recs?

Try the reading list on Jordan Peterson's website

But that's not MY father, I want to save MY father.

I am aware of the fact that Peterson refers to western culture and christianity but we don't all share the same culture.

>he hasn't sorted himself out

If you do not do this process you are doomed to live without honor or disiplin e, and will fall to your own issues. You will never improve apon humanity. Essentially you become a degenerate.

Is there a central hero in those pagan myths?

Joseph Campbell: The Hero With a Thousand Faces. Well worth the read IMO. We get a lot of tips and there is not enough time to read, see or listen to them all. But this is great stuff & a great audiobook for sleeping.

Jung has too much so I will just say read: Wotan. Could be Woten. It´s about the spirit rising in germany during those times. Very short, a few pages long.

Man and his Symbols is pretty good but I like Modern Man in Search of a Soul.

>the Slow Death
this is me

this is me too

I'll look them up. Thanks, user.

faggot

Nice to see a German embracing his stereotype

T. original

I would argue that there is no clear good-bad distinction between the ancient gods of the Slavs.
There is the central figure represented as Svarog the sungod but he just wheels eternally up and down the horizon. There is Perun, the god of thunder, the ruler of the skies, god of war and punishment. There is his chthonic counterpart Veles creeping in the woods and caves, god of fertility.

There are different archetypal images but without a clear moral compass I would say.
A good Rodneverec should pay tribute to all of those entities if he wants to live a balanced life

Well said.

I can't cure cancer.

I wish I could.

KRAUTED.COM

Seems close to the old Norse and Barbarian gods Wotan, Thor etc. we used to worship in Holland. These seem to function mostly as an explanation for the way the world works given that they didnt know much yet.
Christianity has more of a focus on morality, so if you're looking for guidance in that department, thats what I'd go with.

>These seem to function mostly as an explanation for the way the world works given that they didnt know much yet.
According to Peterson, myths represent the world as a forum for actions. These stories actually do represent the world with a certain moral charge yet it is quite different from the one we have now.

What I'm essentially saying here is "Is culture always the way to go, is it always so that one should look up to his father"?

There are extremely destructive cultures, take a look at what subsaharan Africans do.

JBP got compeltely demolished twice by Dr. Samuel Harris.

The opposite is true.

>Dr.

is this why people worship this leaf? lmao "learn from your father... now please donate to my patreon"

I can't believe people can't figure this shit out for themselves

Nah fuck him.

Destroying his brain and heart with cocaine. I won't watch it or bother anymore. At least I have peace away from him

>Destroying his brain and heart with cocaine
Explain further

Do you people seriously not realize that the phrase is a metaphor? It has no literal meaning, nor does it have anything to do with your actual individual father. What he is saying is to pull your heritage, individuality, and history out from the depths and not let it die under the pressure of globalism and multiculturalism. The father in this sense is your identity as a race, nation, and individual that has built up over a period of time. He is warning you to not let go of the past and march blindly into a one world government that embraces those notions above, but rather to maintain what makes us different and individual as a person and peoples.

It fucks with your heart, braincells and circulatory system.

Not to mention the soul.