Is suicide unethical? Why or why not? Should society take action to prevent suicide?

Is suicide unethical? Why or why not? Should society take action to prevent suicide?

Other urls found in this thread:

minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/04/03/sheriff-man-shoots-self-after-big-lake-home-burns-down/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is suicide unethical? Why or why not?
That's incredibly retarded. It's circumstantial, like killing others.

>Should society take action to prevent suicide?
Yes, duh.

Wait so it's circumstantial but society should always try to prevent it?

Taking someone else's life trespasses on unethical grounds. Taking your own life does not. You can't be guilty of stealing from yourself right? if anything in this world is yours it's your own body.

Society should have rumblings of hope towards the hopeless

Yes. There's nothing contradictory about that. It's circumstantial because not all suicides fall one way or the other on an ethical/moral scale. Society should always try to prevent it, because of that very reason. There are people that shouldn't commit suicide, and having society collectively take measures to reduce the number of suicides will save the people that shouldn't.

How about helping the ones who after a long period of consideration are 100% sure they don't want to live?

Also circumstantial. Suicide doesn't just affect the person committing it.

Well how about if that person has no one left? there's a lot of failed suicides out there and instead of putting them of their misery they keep them alive in inhumane conditions

This would be one of the times it would be ethical. Their death would impact no one but themselves, and life would be genuinely miserable for them.

Mind your own business. I smoke. so technically I am commuting suicide. Albeit very slowly..

Fuck off with your bullshit.I'll do whatever I want.

The reason I'll never kill myself is because it's simply my life to take.

If death is inevitable then suicide is pointless.

No
Your body your choice
If life is a nightmare and you want to give up I see no problem

White male suicide is the highest in the world, outnumber white women by 4 times, outnumber black men by 7 times.
The only suicide rate that can compete is alaska natives.

Why prevent it? It's our only escape...

Neighbor burnt his house down today while holding fire dept and police at bay with a rifle. Once it burned, his ex wife showed up and he shot himself in front if her. Fucking surreal.

More

there should be suicide centers for people to kill themselves so we don't have to clean their guts off the pavement

Cause its for pussies, like your m... I'm sorry

no way bro, give us moar. Any idea why? Obviously its probably cause of ex wife but ye, she cheated? Kids died?

Was over a pending divorce. Only person hurt was him. I heard the gun shot.

minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/04/03/sheriff-man-shoots-self-after-big-lake-home-burns-down/amp/

Damn that sucks.

brutal