Should divorce be illegal?

Should divorce be illegal?

Realistically how do you force somebody to stay with their partner and family if they don't want to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7AXi4-_HPRk
youtube.com/watch?v=V9vd2eEuhXs
youtube.com/watch?v=236hSZmD_GQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Divorce should be legal, but getting married should be harder.

Women should be the property of the father until he arranges a marriage for her. Women receive no rights whatsoever.

i.e. how every successful civilization has worked for the past 10,000 years

I never understand who are outspoken about their views that gay marriage should be illegal based on the bible, but aren't equally outspoken about divorce being illegal (outside of the few specific circumstances where it is acceptable according to the bible).

Can anybody explain this to me?

Isn't divorce a far greater threat to "family values"?

>Should divorce be illegal?
In all but the most extreme circumstances, yes.

>Realistically how do you force somebody to stay with their partner and family if they don't want to?
Ask the Catholic Church. For being cucked Jew-worshiping kiddy-fiddlers, they at least got this part right.

Because it applies to most people. Most people aren't gay, but a lot of people get married and divorced etc.

I like the old Orthodox divorce system: you can dump your wife in a convent or kill her and get a new one. But you can only do it twice then you're stuck with that one.
Also, this. Cunts are property.

If everybody became religious that would certainly help with reducing divorce.
But I'm wondering about if the law can do anything.

>because a lot of people do it
not an argument

At fault divorce (with documentation) should be legal. No fault divorce should not.

I'm a Catholic and technically speaking we don't have divorces. There is some kind of procedure that may result in abolishing one's marriage (when someone is able to prove that his or her marriage wasn't legit due to some circumstances, eg. it wasn't "consumed", a partner doesn't want children or he or she hid some important information, etc.). In my opinion divorce should be illegal in my country, but I'm extremely reactionist, I also think that adultery should be punished by law (although the punishment shouldn't be harsh, eg. some fine + no political rights for a year or two).

Remove no fault divorce. Til' death do us part used to mean something and I'd like to see it mean something again.

As I wrote in other post - Catholics don't recognise divorces. You cannot marry another person unless your spouse died or your marriage was recognised as illegal, like when you were too young or forced, or your spouse didn't inform you that she doesn't want to have children, etc.

But what's the point of making no fault divorce illegal? Would this actually make people stay together?

You don't have to force anyone to stay, you just have to make sure no one...especially women...can renege on their end while getting support from the other party.

Women are instinctively always looking to trade up. Give them the opportunity to trade up while still getting money and property from their ex, of fuckin course they'll take it.

Marriage should be kept out of legality all together, it should just be a relationship proposal, as it has always meant to be. The law enforcing it is making marriage for financial reasons a real thing, which is stupid.

Right, but why are people ok with this aspect of marital law not being decided by their religion, yet they think that gay marriage should be?

Definitely it would cause that some morons who marry for lulz and get divorced two days later couldn't do it anymore, ie. the institution of marriage would be treated more seriously.

While this is a nasty scenario, I think the solution to this is not banning divorce. That's just stupid.

Punishing adultery is a good idea. If you also made divorce illegal that would be something. Anyone leaving their partner would not be able to have a romantic relationship with anyone else.
Although there's the question of how you'd find out they were committing adultery (would the abandoned partner be allowed to follow them around?)

Make marriage illegal. If two people want to stay together forever and raise a kid, they don't need a marriage certificate to do it. All marriage does is give one person half of the other person's possessions when they divorce.

The first comment is what I meant to say in the second, for anyone confused.

First of all one doesn't have to be religious to oppose so-called "gay marriage".

Second, I live in a monoethnic country with one common religion so obviously our traditions should be a rule here. I can agree that it's more complicated in "patchork" countries like the USA, plus you have that predominant contractual ideology, so basically any whim of any person may become a new human right in your country.

Why have legal restrictions on peoples feelings towards each other at all?

No. Divorce has legitimate uses.

But our culture needs to learn to value and respect marriage again.

It should be illegal---for women.

All a man ought to have to do if he's sick of a woman's shit is to take her out back and shoot her or take her to the pound to be destroyed.

spbp
checked

Society has decided that children deserve to live in two-parent households. People shouldn't be free to abandon their children and go to live with someone else. The purpose of marriage is to make sure this doesn't happen.

No, but should be a real pain in the arse for anything other than where there's been violence and/affairs.

Especially in the world today. It's not like you can't live unmarried with your partner & have kids these days.
Don't sign into a contract of "for better or worse" then try to leave because you're simply bored.
Most companies if they try to get out of a contract for nothing more than not really feeling it anymore, would/should expect serious consquences as a result.

Of course the number one thing we should do is push people to not marry if they at all believe it's okay to do the no fault thing.
Those who defend no fault & say "but people's feelings might change" should not marry. If I think it's normal & "not that bad" that if a brand of shirt I'm about to buy might possibly fall apart in a light breeze, then I'm not buying that brand of shirt.

Make adultery illegal
Make divorce not state recognized but they can live separately (still technically married)
If they meet anyone new it's technically adultery

That's what I'm seriously considering, except I don't know you'd enforce it.

There are legal arrangements, like power of attorney, that come with marriage.

I believe all this could be done with a private contract and the govt should stay out of marriage, but there is more to marriage than just 'love'.

Marriage used to have a purpose when it would unite families and draw land lines, shit like that, but now it has no purpose outside of two people making a committment to eachother. It doesn't need to be legally binding anymore, it just created the divorce shit show we have now.

I am married, but I know how pointless it is. I can go fuck another girl tomorrow and either get caught or not, the worst that will happen is my wife wants a divorce and I live by myself. I am not going to jail or get stoned to death in the town circle for it. Besides, she makes more than I do so I would get her half in court (I wouldn't ask for anything more than one of the cars, my computer, guns and some furniture anyway). I choose not to fuck other women because I love her and want to have a nuclear family, the marriage certificate isn't stopping me.

>Although there's the question of how you'd find out they were committing adultery
This shouldn't be a problem, we already have all that PI business, there are many obvious methods to prove a thing like that. I think that abandoning one's partner is self explanatory, unless - of course - it's not a case some beaten wife who is trying to escape from abuse, but beating another person is a crime itself.

Is there literally any reason to get married in the current year?

My gf believes in marriage but I don't. I see it as a waste of money.

Give anyone who reports a valid case of adultery a cash reward. If the person who reports it is the one who is not married that had the affair with the married person, they do not get the jail time and 1/4 of the award. Don't know if that would work out too well though.

Lot of good that does. You aren't forced to get married to have kids, 70% of niggers are born without a father in the home.

Unless they made a law that you can't have kids unless you're married, its pointless. Even if you made that law, you would have to then force women that got pregnant outside of wedlock to get an abortion, and guess what? Trump doesn't want abortions. What a conundrum.

second half doesn't work. You'll just get large numbers of people intentionally seducing married people and then reporting it as a goverment santioned whore wage.

Male scarcity keeps women in check. Male scarcity is caused by war, but there now is a better alternative than dying for Israel. Fembot wives, it would cause male scarcity so the remaining cucks that still go for biotrash will have stable marriages as women will be to scared of being divorced.

Robotic women are the future.

Social approval for you, mostly. Some legal forms are easier to fill out. Small tax break, at least in the States.

In return, she gets a big party, then half your stuff. Incidentally this is a good way of identifying a woman who really loves you: she will recognize the legal risk to you and happily agree to a prenup, or to longterm cohabiting without marriage.

>Marriage used to have a purpose when it would unite families and draw land lines, shit like that, but now it has no purpose outside of two people making a committment to eachother.
Yes, because creating stable environment for children is unimportant... user, just stop

>I am married, but I know how pointless it is. I can go fuck another girl tomorrow and either get caught or not
Exactly, the institution of marriage isn't treated seriously anymore. You, Americans, had that interesting author - Carroll Quigley. He created one theory trying to answer why civilizations colapse. His main idea was that they fall when they don't treat their institutions anymore. Like for example - medieval knights created all that military ethos, but it became obsolete when the institution of knighthood was abolished by the invention of gunpowder. Or another example - American football - it was invented as a kind of entertainment for students who read too much, but today any moron may receive an Ivy League scholarship just because he is good at football, etc.

>when they don't treat their institutions anymore
seriously anymore*

I'm not exactly made of money and she said she doesn't care that I don't make much money which is a good thing.

She was a fresh virgin at 18 (hard to believe but it's true)
First boyfriend for her
Not ugly either

No-fault divorce should be illegal.

Ideally people decide on their own that it's best for the children to have parents who are joined together. Absent that, there should be social shaming for people who won't commit to their spouse.
This worked before. We have evidence of a time when people almost always married.

Oh look another law to make things illegal. You do realize that murders will increase as people off their partners because there is no other way out.

>divorce made illegal
>women totally free to fuck anyone they want with zero consequences
>will say their husbands raped/beat them if they cheat too

Sounds like a plan, OP. White Suicide is bad enough without tying our free hand behind our back.

>Should divorce be illegal?

Of course not. No matter the age of the woman when you marry her, she will turn 30 sooner or later. Why should I be forced to waste energy and resources on an old hag?

Marriage is a retarded institution in the modern day anyway. Why enslave yourself for occasional sex and a couple ungrateful children anyways?

Yes. And if posible punishable by some sort of unpayable fee for a de-facto divorce.

Look at the murder, suicide, and ruined childhoods associated with divorce.

Ofc it shouldnt be illegal, but things such as alomony (no spellcheck) should, and people should be more commited in their relationships instead of divorcing your husband just because he might snore loud or whatever.

Not going to happen as long as there is a male surplus. Men need to be few for women to be able to be monogamous.

/r9k/ go back

They stay together or go to prison.

Kys leaf

If more people can relate to it then more people will be comfortable with it. He's answering the guys question about the bible you mongoloid

My parents have been married for 25 years and they are currently getting divorced.

Mom cheated on him and they were doing well trying to rekindle the relationship for a year after that, then she cheated on him again. They have to sell the house now and my dad will be paying child support out his ass for my younger siblings

My mom has been a stay at home mom all of my life (i'm in my 20s) and has never had a job, she's got everything she ever wanted. Me and my siblings were raised as conservative Christians, church every Sunday etc.

Pretty fucked up

>Realistically how do you force somebody to stay with their partner and family if they don't want to?

1. Make it painfully difficult and costly to get a divorce. If a divorce occurs, both parties will come out losing financially than when they were when they were married. This will stop gold diggers from marrying men and divorcing them for the money.

2. Have government provide greater incentives and advantages for people who decide to get married and have children in the form of larger tax breaks or something similar.

How about I just beat you into a fine red paste?

You first Tradcuck. Go pay for your wife to sit on her ass then refuse sex with you because she's "tired". What a glorious future you're fighting for :^)

>HAHAHAHA IF I AM SEXIST ON Sup Forums MY E FRIENDS WILL LIKE ME

post your irl address so I can come over and castrate you

Nice copypasta.

Your moms a cunt, no offense.
hope you give her the cold shoulder for it, women (and men) need to know this shits unacceptable in marriage.

Don't force them to stay, but don't give women all of a man's finances if they do leave.

This. That was somewhat okay in the past when most women couldn't work in the work force but that was like over a 100 years ago now and the laws are way past updating.

fuck off muhammad al-haram

Marriage should solely be a religious practice, leaving things like divorce and gay marriage to the discretion of the individual church performing the wedding.

The law should stop getting involved in marriage. It should be left to church's and left out of the state. Also we should stop rewarding whores who want to divorce rape men for everything that guy ever worked for

Not pasta faggot

I haven't talked to her for a while, me and my mom haven't been on good terms for a while. A lot of her more conservative friends have kind of alienated her for her behavior too but im sure chad and his buddies or whatever give her plenty validation for her behavior

>the law should stop getting involved in marriage
Why though?
Just because?

Marriage should be regarded as a business contract. Each party should have compensation equal to the % of monetary input or growth of the value of the "partnership" women who don't work and request any monies in compensation will have to put a value or dollar amount on their love making body fitness etc. treat it like a product. Same goes for all. Children are dependencies and do not count towards value given. It is assumed that each partner made the agreement to procreate when they entered into said contract unless otherwise stipulated.

It's just a contract guys

Would you give 50-70 % of everything you have in perpetuity to someone you ran a carpet cleaning business with you just cause .... reasons
No fuck that shit

Ya but it's current year now, didn't you know?

divorce shouldn't be illegal. However, the government should have NO say in how the wealth is distributed. It should all be done privately without lawyers.

Or just have a simple law that make each party calculate the total income they each made while they were married then divide it up in to percentages based on that with a minimum of 10-20%.

If either party is a sole provider, 10% will not ruin their careers like 50% will and if both parties made an equal amount of income i dont see why it wouldnt be fare to settle 50/50.

Why are divorce laws any more complicated than that???? O' yeah, they were written in the 50s when women were women and relied on men. Now women are men, but still want to be treated like women so we have shit divorce laws.

Why does no one talk about this?

The law think pissy is more valuable than cock and deserves money because my vagina and what I've become accustomed to

That's Y

I'm amazed you could stop rubbing your hands together long enough to type out that post.

First rule of Poe's Law, user

You forgot to add a :^) to your post

Marriage serves little purpose these days. With the advent of robowaifus and soon artificial wombs/cloning, marriage will be obsolete entirely. This idea that women and marriage was great in the 50's is a lie though.

Nah, it's all about money not values. Women are the primary consumers in a typical household, therefore government tries to funnel as much money to women as possible so that it comes back to them in taxes and votes.

I think you should be able to divorce but not remarry like Jesus said. Also gays are freaks

What should be the punishment for spouses who cheat, Sup Forums?

Fertilizer for mars colonization

Tempted to agree with this. But what constitutes "fault". Adultery? Surely though if you took your vows seriously then this shouldn't be an issue. And if you never intended to take your vows seriously, why marry?

youtube.com/watch?v=7AXi4-_HPRk

youtube.com/watch?v=V9vd2eEuhXs

youtube.com/watch?v=236hSZmD_GQ

>this guy gets $24K/month on patreon alone

good