Will there ever again be a single man who consolidates his power and embarks on an imperial conquest?

Will there ever again be a single man who consolidates his power and embarks on an imperial conquest?

We see men like Alexander the Great, Julius/Augustus Caesar, Darius, etc as these great men of history.

How many millions died in their quest for land and power? And how are they seen as noble figures while Hitler is seen as the worlds greatest villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/11392680/Vladimir-Putin-suffers-from-Aspergers-syndrome-Pentagon-report-claims.html
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-31/russian-economy-crawls-to-0-3-growth-with-recession-in-rearview
politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/how-the-sanctions-are-helping-putin-214963
rt.com/business/382815-ruble-rally-outpass-emerging-markets/
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/face-the-facts-russias-military-modernizing-lethal-fighting-16234
brookings.edu/opinions/pay-attention-america-russia-is-upgrading-its-military/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What world do you think you live in?

Globalism is the name of the game, no one wants war anymore.

Why though? What changed?

Yea, his name is BaRACK oBAMA.

Too many different powers fighting for power with too many powerful weapons in the hand of these players.
If someone makes a move. Everyone loses.

I like your A E S T H E T I C

Makes sense. The world is so small now.

But why could Julius Caesar lead millions to their deaths in his personal quest for power and the glory of Rome, and get hitler is the devil

Hitler is getting the Napoleon treatment, it won't last forever. But I think great men of history will make a comeback soon. As native white populations approach the demographic brink they will start going authoritarian and as maps start changing so too will the quality of men in the West.

Strong financial institutions with multi-national interests.

Basically sophisticated trade networks killed war.

So were we born too soon to see the second coming of Napoleon?

>But why could Julius Caesar lead millions to their deaths in his personal quest for power and the glory of Rome, and get hitler is the devil

Caesar never did that.

>alexander
if i were not him i'd rather be diogenes

Caesar created reforms we still have 2000 years later. He also left behind an empire that dominated the world for the next 2000 years (Rome 500AD, Constantinople 1500AD).

Hitler accomplished nothing. He ruled for a few years, lost the one war he fought shamefully and full of mistakes. Caesar was a brilliant tactician and general. Hitler was a dumb uneducated peasant junkie. Caesar was of noble blood and well educated. Hitler left in place a Germany in ruins, cities flattened, women raped, men dead.

Caesar won.

I mean, his men followed him willingly. But are you saying he didn't lead multiple campaigns that caused countless deaths?

What are you saying?

We still have wars but its more like wars in espionage. Cyber warfare. War will never cease to exist. Wars will come after the realization that globalism is shit. China needs to die off sooner or later. Russia is too massive. America will have an internal war. The world has too much tension that can't be just fixed in the name of "peace"

I hope so , and get the reference

Time will tell, but I think we'll see him.

Maybe he's already here

Things can change very quickly, even 2 years ago could you predict the rise of Trump?

Do you realize how good man is at killing? Especially compared to when those people lived and they were already fans of genocide

>But I think great men of history will make a comeback soon
Even if you don't like Trump, you've got to admit he's one of the most accomplished men who's ever lived

Alright, listen, I have got to take a shit, so I am going to basically sum up this entire thread right now.

#1. Great Man History in terms of warfare and land grabbing is dead. All territory has been accounted for, and too many interests from too many parties will prevent intervention. "What about China in Africa?" Yeah, their plan didn't work out too well for them, and as you can plainly see - they were attempting to do a land grab by way of manipulating the local economies of these areas. Not by actually putting boots on the ground.

#2. With the Ooga Booga countries out the way now, we can look at the 1st and 2nd world ones. Most civilized countries that actually matter (in that they control vast swathes of the world's land mass, or hold some sort of important place by way of financial power or resources) have nuclear weapons or a patron who has nuclear weapons. You can never truly defeat a country who is in possession of nukes. You can beat them, but you can't win. So trying to take and hold China, or Russia, or the US, or Australia, or where ever can literally never happen.

#3. Multi-national interests. Companies in China have money invested in America. Companies in America have money invest in China. Companies in Australia have money invested in... And since money is so tied up in politics, you are never going to go to war. Therefore all combat is limited to proxy wars and border skirmishes in irrelevant shitholes.

#4. Financial burden. People go to war. People die. You can no longer swindle people into doing this for free under the pretense of nationalism. They want to be paid, compensated, and taken care of (or their families if they are killed). This puts immense strain on the economy. Look at how much Iraq cost the US, and that was just an intermediate sized combat operation. Not a Total War scenario.

Okay? Glad we had this talk, going to shit now.

Yeah fucking right. The kid is autistic. He displays all the classic signs. He's going to be swept under the carpet and hidden from public by his parents because Trump will think of him as an embarassment and he will fade into obscurity with no real public profile.

Ok i'm glad your bowels are moving user but how do we solve conflict if war isn't a possibility ?

WW 1+2 where an absolutely horrific amount of people died, to the point where most major countries didn't want anything to do with full scale war anymore.

Octavian was a sickly coward before his uncle Julius took him under his wing.

What changed? Men used to live for war. To die for Rome was an honor

People realized that dying for your country doesnt really change anything in the grand scheme of things and may actually even be a bad thing so they stopped

This

Wtf are you talking about? There are at least 5 full blown wars going right now and the U.S. is involved in all of them

It's because they won their conquests user. Winners decide the history.

They succeeded with their OP armies.

Hitlers atrocities are recent as the others are thousands of years old. Though i doubt he'll ever be glorified like Alexander or Julius, his empire was pretty sad.

Barron Trump is no Octavian, he will be your average severly autistic Brony

Pffffffff

Enjoy your stay here newfriend. There's no going back once you realize the world is ran by war merchants, then your ours forever :^)

We talk user.

Being frail and sickly is a far cry from autistic. Autism and politics don't really mix because you have to be able to understand abstract concepts and understand social cues. Baron doesn't even like being touched. He's not going to have a career in politics, I can promise you that. Don Junior or Ivanka Trump are much better bets politically, Eric meh not so much.

we autistically screech at each other across borders

honestly if war isnt an option than the best course of action to gain the upperhand is to act as kike-like as possible, i cant see any other option. If everyone follows the laws and is not willing to kill than whoever bends the laws the most will win

the upright and honor bound nature of white culture only works when death is on the table

>And how are they seen as noble figures while Hitler is seen as the worlds greatest villain?
Because of the Holocaust

Trade agreements and economic sanctions.

This is literally what Obama did to Russia, and it ruined the Russian economy, all that it took to do this was get key interests involved. No JDAMs, no Marines, no Aircraft Carriers. Just some documents typed up on a computer and then signed by a bunch of people.

Look like Gaius has some KANG genetics right there

that didnt solve the conflict it just exacerbated it

Funny how anyone who gets just a little too aggressive and powerful is shut down and accused of being the next hitler trying to gas another six jillion

>Russia into the middle east for the first time since the cold war
>Putin annexes Crimea
Yeah that sure worked thanks Obama!

toxic masculinity

Wars with countries that are literally irrelevant shit holes.

OP wants to know why what people would term "great wars" no longer happen. Globalism is the answer.

Shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about. The Merchants only want gibs for their country and other states that can further their interests. They aren't interested in turning the world into a perpetual zone of global conflict after it backfired on them in WW1.

The ignorance of global politics in this post astounds me.

Okay so here's the explanation.

In return for 'giving' russia Crimea(which equates to a rusting, useless 50-year old navy fleet and land no one else but russia gives a flying fuck about) Obama managed to convince NATO and hte EU that Putin was as bad as his predecessors and got them to stop buying russian oil. That's fucking huge and it tanked 25% of their economy.

In the middle east Syria is a quagmire. It's afghanistan in the 80s for Russia all over again. It gives Russia a place to sell their weapons yes, but it also means russia's wasting time in a country that will see war for a decade at best(and when it's over and done with will be torn apart and useless by its neighbors-mostly ones we have at least some relation with in terms of money)

Say what you will about Obama, but he butt-fucked the russians sideways.

Do you even know why Russia did these things or do you just assume that they are doing them because they're badass or something?

You aren't thinking long-term.

The point of any sort of sanction is to cripple the country, which is meant to turn the populace on the people in charge, and then bring said individuals to negotiations.

In order to prevent these sort of things from harming too much, you have be incredibly insular and self-sufficient. I have several friends in Russia, and all of them are fucking furious with the current state of things. It doesn't matter if Putin tries to make a few shows of force in order to show that he's a strong leader, especially not when your country is in tatters and the underclasses are steadily trying to leave by any means necessary.

The only reason why SK (for instance) doesn't have a refugee crisis is because the Norks will literally kill anyone, and their families and then their extended families if you're caught trying to leave. Meanwhile, Russia's population is in a downward spiral because they hate living in that hell hole and actually have the capacity to leave. This is the key difference between a place like Russia and a place like Japan. People in Japan just don't want to fuck. People in Russia want to get the fuck out.

You're gonna be eating those words soon enough.

I get what sanctions are for and what they do I just don't see how it can be claimed that they replaced war in any way, if anything they are just foreplay

this

>What changed?
The nuke you fucking retard

so you are saying we should make sure every country has nukes?

Wtf are you??

What the fuck are you talking about?

War is about beating your opponent and then bringing their leaders to the negotiation table to surrender. You literally cite Caesar in the OP, and this is what he fucking did so many times in the Gaelic Wars that it isn't even funny. This is what WE FUCKING DID FIRST AT POTSDAM WITH OUR ALLIES AND THEN RATIFIED WITH JAPAN.

Why are you posting? Who told you you could post? Go to /his/, ask for help unfucking what whatever shitty public school education received has done to your mind, and then you can go back to posting again.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/11392680/Vladimir-Putin-suffers-from-Aspergers-syndrome-Pentagon-report-claims.html

omg muh russian oil

sanctions only helped the russians, unlike some shithole like cuba they have options and ways to change their economy

ok

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-31/russian-economy-crawls-to-0-3-growth-with-recession-in-rearview

politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/how-the-sanctions-are-helping-putin-214963

I see this trope a lot about Russia, and it really doesn't add up to reality. You sounds some kid who spends most of his time in /r/worldnews and acts like he's Henry Kissinger.

Man, it's almost as I can literally see the day that the sanctions went into effect.

Also democracy and anti violent culture

>6'5"
>super rich
>average brony

>0.3% growth

Whoa. Same fucking article literally says they are still fucked.

>Sanctions helped Putin

Man, it's almost like I literally said that. Sanctions in the short term make your citizens REEEE at the people who are enforcing them, but once the government can't find solutions to the problems they've been saddled with, the populace starts to give less of a shit about who is causing this and why your government isn't doing anything to stop it.

If pressure from sanctions by the US was turned up, Putin would be forced to capitulate and bow to foreign powers. He can't turn Russia into the Hermit Kingdom 2.0.

Im sure the fall in oil prices has nothing to do with russias oil revenue, no its all sanctions.

we worked w/ sauds to drop price on purpose bcuz it would hurt russia more than us

>but once the government can't find solutions to the problems they've been saddled with

But this event never happened, russia is finding solutions for everything

I hope you realize Russia and Assad are going to take the country back in only a few years and edge out the US and its allies in the region, let alone the fact the Turks might split with us over our support for Kurds.

BTW they are never giving Crimea back, they want to be part of Russia, and its a vital naval port into the Mediterranean for Russian projection.

You also used it to wreck complete havoc in our economy and venezuela, and are actively using both crises for your false flag shits. Even did a coup in my govt

But lets talk about russia, you only helped them, it empowered putin to exact the changes needed in the economy to be less vulnerable in the future

Two years is a very short period of time my dude.

You want instant results in a world where it seems like things should happen instantly, but they don't.

good
we will need their strength in the upcoming reconquista of europe

You are in a severely outdated paradigm if you think these actions have strategy value when they are ultra long term and allow the enemy extreme dynamism and flexibility in the ways they react to it.

Sanctions on russia also means less growth for the EU. Which will help its collapse

Of course. We're not quite there yet. The current big power is still not decasent and bloated enough to fall easily.

There will be a conquerer though when you grow weak. It's how things always have been.

I hope you realize you are blowing things our of proportions, and they totally fucked us in Syria, Ukraine, and are rapidly modernizing while we've been stuck in pointless wars.

They are winning the middle East, and are going to reap in the profits when they strike future oil deals with Iran and central Asia countries. Long game we will be forced out of Syria and possibly iraq, and we can't do shit about Ukraine.

Obama was a disaster.

Because Hitler failed.

I am going to allow you to tell me how the sanctions have helped the Russian economy. Not helped Putin. How they helped the Russian economy. Don't tread into unrelated tangents about Assad and Syria, and other stupid shit. I want to know how the economic sanctions on Russia have helped the economy of Russia.

>Syria, Ukraine, Iraq

Failed states that no one cares about except talking heads. They have no relevance on the world stage. This is why I keep mentioning proxy wars in this very same thread, and you guys somehow can't see that's what these places are for. They don't offer anything of merit. Even Ukraine, the only useful thing is a single port that Russia's half-century old Navy uses. That's it. Well played.

>Rapidly modernizing

That's one of the funniest and most delusional things I've ever seen on Sup Forums. I am going to humor you though, tell me how Russia has been modernizing its military.

This

Hitler and Napoleon failing to maintain their respective empires really hurt the existing precedent that legitimized such rulers. The international community isn't so welcoming to conquerors anymore.

Even peaceful annexation and expansion would be shunned by the modern political community

Donald Trump = Julius Caesar
Barron Trump = Augustus Caesar

>Syria, Ukraine and Iraq aren't politically important

Kek go to bed

Please don't insult Julius and Augustus by comparing them to a jew lover and his son.

It created an incentive for the govt to subsidize agriculture that was not there before. Increased pressure for internal manufacturing, and has shown how strong the ruble is.

rt.com/business/382815-ruble-rally-outpass-emerging-markets/

Do you know want history whatsoever? Have you heard of Versailles? Sanctions don't avoid wars they create them

Go raid somewhere else @MarchAgainstTrump

I voted for him, I just don't like how much he sucks kike cock.
You compared a proud pagan to a guy that follows a middle eastern desert religion that has nothing to do with white people.

Read up on the bush admin neocons and realize what they wanted in regards to US interest and regional ally interest, and realize the same policy is still in place. The US wants hegemonic control of the region and its recourses and Israel and Saudi Arabia want everything Iran related isolated and removed. Major shared interests.

Ukraine has major industrial potential, a large population (which heavily identifies with russia), and key port access to the Mediterranean. It's a pivot nation and is key to both US and Russian European policy.

nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/face-the-facts-russias-military-modernizing-lethal-fighting-16234

brookings.edu/opinions/pay-attention-america-russia-is-upgrading-its-military/

Russia is modernizing and the fact you didn't know this (along with your understanding of the middle East) tells me you're a fucking retard.

Resources* autofill picked wrong word

It wasn't the sanctions you stupid fuck, it's that russia's oil is a huge % of it's revenue and economy and we convinced Europe to use a different buyer.

>I hope you realize Russia and Assad are going to take the country back in only a few years and edge out the US and its allies in the region

Even if Assad manages to tighten his grip on the country and somehow stabilize it into a single nation again(which won't fucking happen- too many of his own people hate him and outside forces from iran, the saudis, etc. all have a vested interest in him failing), a decade of russia being dragged into a shit-tier conflict and losing a massive chunk of their revenue streams is a fucking win in my book. If you think Syria's going to edge out israel or the saudis you haven't been fucking paying attention to foreign affairs for more than a year.

Again, Crimea is fucking worthless to the US- having it under Russian control lets the US play up how Putin's a tin-pot dictator hell bent on Russian expansion. It scares eastern europe shitless and gets europe to cry to papa NATO/America again

this

>If you think Syria's going to edge out israel or the saudis you haven't been fucking paying attention to foreign affairs for more than a year.

This is exactly what's happening. They're losing the war. Iran is going to be stronger once this is all settled, so is Russia. And they're going to become close military and economic partners because of it.

Ukraine as a whole is highly important to the EU, NATO, the US, and Russia and its not over yet there either, but there isn't much the west can do, Russia has major leverage now.

Can you stop idolizing him? I get all the "MAGA" meme, but hes just a slither better than Clinton desu. He was the lesser evil.

Persians didn't think much of him then mate. Time heals all wounds.

Nukes ruined everything.

>jews didn't control the MSM back then.

>ruthless self-made sociopath, typical man of power
>aspie assclown

Pick one.

The only way we'd go back to a time like that is if all our governments collapsed, a la nuclear war scenario, no (actually significant) modern government wants to have a large scale war.

Without war there would be nothing but naked humans dying from the flu and fucking each other like bonobos.

You have a feminized delusional perpesctive of reality based on Christian slave morals and Jewish cultural marxism. You're entire flesh is at war right now with bacteria.

>Globalism ends war
Haha

nukes have no real counter. so nope