Myers Briggs test

Does it have some credibility or is it all bullshit?

16personalities.com/free-personality-test

>Do you prefer to spend your free time in large social settings or by yourself/ among close friends

The latter, I guess?

>You prefer to spend your free time by yourself/ among close friends

Wow, how did it know?

It's actually true

t.INTP

It's just astrology for geeks.
Fun to think about, but ultimately pretty worthless.
I usually get INTJ/ENTJ

Also, I'm INFP which makes me a tree-hugging peace loving hippie fag I guess. Kinda sucks.

>tfw also INFP
I feel you, bro

Its literally astrology tier. It gets passed around more because of the pseudoscience attached to it.

Look up the Big 5 model

Myers Briggs is alchemy to the Big 5's Science

it's very true and accurate.. you're answering questions that are true or false and getting your personality most accurate toward true or false things about yourself

as long as you fucking answer it correctly, dumbass

: ISTP

>cognitive functions
When I realized Myers Briggs was bullshit

ISTP master race
INFP = SJW

You can tell if someone is here from reddit because they aren't INTP or INTJ
FUCK OFF REDDIT NIGGERS

I N F J
N
F
J

It's weird being so unusual. Not exactly bad but not great either.

It's a pretty good assessment. It's not exactly a science but it's a decent metric.

I should probably take it again since I was an INFJ maybe 5 years back. My political views and ethics haven't changed much, but I've lost any and all compassion for anybody.

sh-shut up!

INTJ here

highly recommend another personality type

Yup it's pretty spot on for me, I got INTP -A/-T

/thread

It's worthless

Apparently because I day dream all the fucking time im a genius

Again i repeat BIG 5

this Myers posting is really fucking stupid

I'll look into it.

Myers briggs was made up by people with no scientific background.

Neither Isabel Briggs Myers nor Katherine Briggs had any formal psychological training.

Even renowned psychological theorist Carl Jung, whose writing formed the initial inspiration for the Myers-Briggs test, admitted that terms such as “introvert” and “extrovert” were false dichotomies and entirely too limited to either adequately describe or predict human behavior.

Up to half of the people who take the test a second time end up with a different personality classification, even if they take it within five weeks of the first test, just like a fucking horoscope.

According Annie Murphy Paul’s The Cult of Personality Testing, “as many as three-quarters of test takers achieve a different personality type when tested again…and the sixteen distinctive types described by the Myers-Briggs have no scientific basis whatsoever.”

Multiple studies have clearly demonstrated that the MBTI is incapable of accurately predicting job performance.

The test is used by most Fortune 500 corporations, but it is not typically used by professional psychologists.

Stanford University psychology professor Carl Thoreson, who is on the board of the company that issues the MBTI, has never mentioned the test in the over 150 academic papers he’s published. “I didn’t use it in any of my research,” Thoreson says, “in part because it would be questioned by my academic colleagues.”

The National Academy of Arts and Sciences conducted a study that concluded that the S-N and T-F scales had little to no validity.

There is absolutely no scientific basis for the test’s terminology, which has been criticized as “vague and general.”

Need i go on? It's pseudoscience that tells us what we want to hear.

To add, the people that do endorse it, to have it used in fortune 500 companies, have a stake in it and get money from it

Same

One of these days my daydreaming is going to kill me I know it

>mfw mbti

Did you just quote a VICE article?

>Up to half of the people who take the test a second time end up with a different personality classification, even if they take it within five weeks of the first test, just like a fucking horoscope.

So up to half of people are fucking stupid and don't know shit about themselves?

This system is essentially an aggregate of your responses to the questions you were asked. It does not spit out a random response. If i choose the same questions, I will get the same results back 100% of the time.

With that said this is a scientific as an ADHD test or a test for ASD. If this test is invalid and have no predictive power, ADHD and ASD tests are also invalid and have no predictive power.

>haha guys am i funny yey xddd sjws

BIG

>If this test is invalid and have no predictive power, ADHD and ASD tests are also invalid and have no predictive power.

yes you fucking nigger

asd and adhd are fucking made up to pump kids full of pills
those tests if applied to any ceo as a kid would have fucking gimped them from childhood

the kids with actual mental disabilities don't need these tests to identify them

Myers is fucking Astrology
BIG 5 is Astronomy

From a previous thread, you could add the results to have better stat.

Who is /pol ?

Pool of 114 pol/acks from thread

Type - Number - distribution on /pol - distribution average

INTP 30 26% 3%
INTJ 27 23% 2%
ENTP 12 9% 3%
ENTJ 10 8% 2%
ESTP 9 7% 4%
ISTP 7 6% 5%
INFP 6 5% 4%
ENFP 4 3% 8%
ISTJ 4 3% 11%
INFJ 4 3% 1.5%
ESTJ 3 2% 8%
ISFJ 1 0.8% 14%
ESFJ 1 0.8% 12%

ESFP 0 0% 8%
ENFJ 0 0% 2.5%
ISFP 0 0% 9%

More than 66% NT, only 10% average.
/pol is rational

EF are 30% population average, only 3.8% on /pol
Are EF the delusional SJW?

t.INTJ

I'm istp
And on the political compass I'm on the centre line between red and blue, 5 squares up

Where is the politics?

saged

The "analysis" bits are bullshit. It's really just a test of what you think of yourself.

There's a reason everyone here gets INTP or something similar, autism.

More like these tests are tautological. They don't reveal much, just categorize people. Perfectly fine as long as you recognize what they are

"a different classification" doesn't say much. I have taken it several times and end up halfway INTJ and ISTP, with midpoints on N/S and P/J. The I and T are fully solid.

Even a single letter changing would be "different personality classification" - but still a fairly similar one.

Quite stupid test. Everytime i do it, it gives me ENTP with few % differencenres here and there.

just stop

Heres how you know Myers is BS

Myers can't predict anything, your list is useless
Big 5 Predicts fucking political proclivity

Sup Forums specifically operates off disgust, which is a sub branch of the Contentious Aspect of the Big 5
and guess what disgust correlated with? Conservatism
Guess what areas are more prone to disgust sensitivity? areas prone to parasites and disease

Sup Forums is disgusted with the world

putting everyone who takes the test into one category is useless in reality, but great for selling them snake oil