PTSD Treatable with Common Antibiotic

Is this real or a meme?

upi.com/Health_News/2017/04/04/Common-antibiotic-may-prevent-or-treat-PTSD/6441491307923/

April 4 (UPI) -- A study at University College London and the University of Zurich has found that a common antibiotic may be effective at treating and preventing post traumatic stress disorder, potentially opening up what researchers called "an entirely new treatment strategy for PTSD."

PTSD describes a broad range of psychological symptoms that develop after a person experiences a traumatic event.

Researchers conducted a placebo-controlled, double-blind randomized controlled trial in 76 healthy participants.

Trial participants received doxycycline or a placebo, and were taught to associate a certain color with an electric shock. After a week, participants were shown the colors again but this time with a loud sound and not an electric shock to measure their fear response.

Results showed that the fear response was 60 percent lower in participants taking doxycycline compared to those taking the placebo.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/toxoplasmas-dark-side-the-link-between-parasite-and-suicide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oyyy vey

> (((study))) shows using drugs can cure *insert disease*

YES GOYIM take this drug and give us your money.

why would antibiotics help with something that's pyschological..?

I was diagnose with PTSD after 3 men in my squad were shot in the face by a sniper outside of Baghdad in the "triangle of death" and we leveled an entire city block killing men, women and children.

Guess how I deal with it? Gym, Jiu jitsu, hiking, hunting and not being a massive faggot.

There's no cure for rage outbursts outside of channeling them into something physically rewarding.

Honestly, I view it like a gift. My heightened sense of awareness and violent nature have blessed me with constantly being physically active.

I know weaker faggots do drugs/drink to cope with it then die.

There's no cure, only embrace.

grow the fuck up. You sound literally retarded using endless ((())) because you're too inarticulate to actually have substance to a point so you feel you'll fit in by autistically typing "ITS DA JOOZE" at everything you don't understand.

Get your mom to get ur chicken tendies ready. Loser.

bump

In my experience, Doxycycline was given out a lot to servicemen who deployed to Afghanistan as malaria prevention (though it's unclear if everyone actually takes it every day). Not sure if the dosage matters, but this would be an interesting retrospective study (like to comparing to to Iraq where malaria prevention isn't needed).

Fucking sounds like the best high ever.

100%

Also clean eating. I don't get sugar highs. I get high from shooting an elk with a bow.

Even if I wasn't diagnosed with PTSD I'd live like this. PTSD just helps heighten my senses to perform these activities better.

A lot of people with PTSD view "alertness" as something is wrong with them and then weak civilians say they feel bad because you sit facing the door in case someone comes in to shoot the place up.

Or they think you're weird for having a concealed carry and a med kit in your car.

PTSD should be used as an evolutionary step in creating a society of hyper alert super citizens as opposed to the beta-male alcohol chugging weaklings we live amongst now.

I am positive ancient warriors all had PTSD after watching their friends heads chopped off.

The only difference is how society harnesses it, either by weaponizing it for good or demonizing it to castrate its warrior class.

>signed up to be professional killer
>can't handle the job
>develop psuedophilosophy to cope

>anticipation of tiny electric shocks is the same as ptsd from killing innocent people in the middle east

I grew out of playing fuck fuck games in the military.I functioned absolutely fine within the military.

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

>Be soldier
>Go to war and end up getting shot at, seeing your buddies get killed in the most horrendous ways possible, possibly get shot or blown up yourself
>Probably kill other fellow human beings
>Get back home, fucked up beyond belief with PTSD
>(((Doctors))) say they can cure your psychological ailment with an antibiotic
>Ok

Who's actually falling for this?

Fpwp

PTSD is a politically motivated entity. It is not real. If you want to exercise or philosophize that is your prerogative but being a hired killer doesn't earn you magic victim points. You got paid good money and bennies for your evil.

People who aren't falling for ((())) as an excuse for everything.

You mother fuckers get dumber by the day. Soon you'll start blaming (((sun))) cancer on (((them)))

the (((sun))) must be a Jewish invention to get shekels from the goyim.

You fuckers are worse than niggers blaming your failures on everyone else.

Also, not a medical fag here, but aren't antibiotics used to kill bacterial infections? Last time I checked, psychological disorders from traumatic life events aren't a bacterial infection.

What evil?

Kek

All that for fake money and Israel

Good goyim, stay alert and violent, thats what we need more of

Killing innocents.

Hopefully you killed more muslims than those poppy fields killed american teenagers

That too, only thing worse than killing innocents is doing it for Israel while theoretically being an American.

See my other post, faggot. You're dumb. I'm sure it's also a coincidence that pharmaceutical companies and doctors are the ones that lobby against the legalization of marijuana, despite it being scientifically proven that it can help manage minor to moderate pain. Nah, better just let them prescribe opiates and then get them addicted within a few weeks.

didnt read image too cringy

>y-you're worse than n-niggers ya antisemite!

Fuck off reddit, you're trash and you don't belong on this board

>blaming a universal constant such as drugs

(((Things I disagree with)))

several bacteria are linked to psychological effects like Toxoplasma gondii and Borrelia burgdorferi.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/toxoplasmas-dark-side-the-link-between-parasite-and-suicide/

Doxycycline are known to kill these

innocent what?

civvies

That's some heavy shit man.

>Completely undermining the effects that opiates have had on modern society in the last 20 years

More Americans died last year of opiates than heroin, meth and crack combined. Know what you're talking about if you're just going to green text and put nothing of substance in your post.

You mean more degenerates died last year? How do you overdose accidentally without taking it to get high

Fuck faggots who cant control themselves they should have died thousands of years ago to make humans great

Heroin is an opiate your statistic makes 0 sense to anyone that isnt wanting to believe it

Yeah cause PTSD is a virus

why are you so upset?