What does Sup Forums think of "The Sopranos"?

I thought the show was pretty red-pilled, and besides the acting and the cinematics which were both 10/10, it really captured the essence of America's entering the new millenial, before shit really started to go down (the complete moral degeneracy, US involvement in Irak etc.).
The show also contains many jokes about jews and blacks, which would today be impossible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uP8rP5YWO2I
youtube.com/watch?v=1SoCRAswbNA
youtu.be/8Kh7NcJ9xoY
youtube.com/watch?v=kHubo-kaJfA
youtube.com/watch?v=zsxthFO-HWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Early 2000s were extremely degenerate too. It's just that it keeps getting worse and worse and the past seems better.

The show's probably in the top 5 of all time list.

ITS A RETEYEUHMINT CUHMYEWNIDEE

Favorite show of all time. It was a masterpiece.

RIP James Gandolfini.

CARMELA

SHUT

This show is also maximum comfy

Of course they were, it's just that it seems to be exponential, many of the things considered normal today still were taboo back then (such as homosexuality).

Top kek

How was it comfy?

gay
dutch tv shows are much better like
- rapey pete
- my wife was a bicycle
- I have no mouth and I must molest

youtube.com/watch?v=uP8rP5YWO2I

> it really captured the essence of America's entering the new millenial, before shit really started to go down

this is the real profundity of the show. it glamorizes nothing, and it shows, in contrast to the godfather, a sad and dilapidated mafia. everything in the show reminds you that there is a boa constrictor python named 'bullshit' that is strangling our society.

i think that at its peak, X-Files is better. but sopranos is the better show in general, and there's a long gap between those two and anything else. i'm currently about 3 episodes away from finishing the entire series, which i've been watching over the last week on amazon prime.

if it's getting worse, then it actually WAS better.

youtube.com/watch?v=1SoCRAswbNA

Oh so you haven't finished it, be careful with the thread then, the finale is not something you would want to get spoiled

Your analysis is on the point. No one was black or white in the show. Even though many people would put Tony in the sociopath category, you can really tell he loves his children in a powerful and honest way, and his dysfunctional behavior can be traced to his mother's attitude towards him and his sisters. The show really emphasized the psychological aspect of the characters. What do you think of AJ's development?

Probably the most artful show ever made, kicked off a "quality television" movement that generated a string of other winners. I also loved the Shield. Vic fucking Mackey, one of the baddest motherfuckers ever to grace the small screen.

Sadly that time has passed...

didnt understand at first so i looked it up

kek thanks jewgle

10/10

It reminds every American of their dad.

youtu.be/8Kh7NcJ9xoY
the strong, silent type.

Probably the best tv show ever made, does such a great job of capturing the sense of malaise and disillusionment in post-9/11 USA.

Really, Tony reminded you of your dad?

>probably

It could be argued that this show is the greatest show ever made.

whatevah happen 'ta Gary Coopah

i'm already aware of the finale and stuff. i got into the sopranos by watching 2 minute clips on youtube. i've never really cared about spoilers.

i think AJ is a soft brat. but there towards the end, he seems to realize this and he tries to join the army and starts working out; he begins to grasp that his, pardon my language, privilege as the dons son has corrupted his self and his ability to see the world clearly, has left him restlessly unsatisfied and shiftless. he wants to join the army so that he can learn from being a worthless, expendable cog in a machine, where hard work is demanded and failure is not tolerated. if he can obtain and integrate those experiences, he'll probably do very well for himself - in the legit world, which will make tony proud.

WE'RE WITH THE VIPERS

Best television show ever, HBO has gone way downhill with its pleub bullshit now.

The Wire is second. And Im leaving otu comedies like Seinfield they work in a different field.

He never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Man after my own heart. Only two shows to ever rip my heart out. Never seen acting like that since

AJ only wanted to join the Army to leverage his parents into further spoiling him. He ends up taking a job as a movie gopher and drives around in a BMW Tony bought him. AJ never redeems himself, he's the worst of Tony and Carmela.

da game is da game

>He never had the makings of a varsity athlete.
Why dont'cha quit BREAKIN MY BAAAAAAAAAAALLS

kek'ed

True Detective was also pretty good; season 1 has some strong paedogate vibes to it

>you look like a puerto rican whore

youtube.com/watch?v=kHubo-kaJfA

Wha'di say?

Has plenty of redpilled, outright anti-PC moments. Also a terrific show

and btw, the best episode is 'pine barrens'

youtube.com/watch?v=zsxthFO-HWs

OH JETHUTH FUCKIN CHROIST

if he wasn't in the mafia he'd be an archetype of a middle aged, lower middle class, blue collar dad

just look at his interaction with his neighbors. he lives in an upper class neighborhood but Bada Bing and Satriale's is where he'd hang out even if it wasn't a front for his dealings

>says the guy was an interior decorator
>>his house looked like shit to me

Binging it on Amazon, currently on the last season. Easily my favorite show of all time. It made me a mafia geek. I watched 6 episodes in a row a couple of times and I had dreams that I was in the DiMeo/Soprano crime family. It was some heavy shit.

This show is extremely redpilled. Probably my favorite tv show of all time, maybe tied with Breaking Bad

stop watching Howard Stern

True Detective Season 1 was also amazing. The second one sucked though.

>>your not gonna believe this, he killed 16 chekoslovakians, guy was a interior decorater
>>his house looked like shit...

Quasimodo predicted all this you know

Its a soap opera for normie frat faggots

Paulie: "You're not guna believe this.... he killed 16 czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator
Chris: "His house looked like shit."

Italians aren't white.

Boring show, overrated as shit.

>mfw I see a Viper

What's with the people going outside barefoot in this show? Is this a thing in the US? I just can't get it out of my head.

Got me curious, what do you consider peak x-files?

Think carefully for I shall take your answer as the american stereotypical default henceforth forever and ever.

ya i love that episode too

great show
recently made my dad watch it so we can discuss it

Fairy tale. However entertaining one. IRL that fat dick would have been arrested/dead in a second.
Alse russians are stereotypical as fuck. BS.