Professor Jordan Petterson Batting ‘Gender Neutral’ Language Denied Grant

dailycaller.com/2017/04/04/canadian-professor-batting-gender-neutral-language-denied-grant/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

>The Canadian professor who refuses to use “gender neutral” language and was reprimanded by his university for his refusal to do so, failed to secure a research grant for the first time in his academic life.

>University of Toronto professor Jordan Peterson has an “above outstanding” rating in the academic community but the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada turned him down to continue research that it had previously approved.

>Peterson spoke to Postmedia about the rejection Monday, saying that he had been refused the research funding and warning the public that the academic research grant process has become “politicized.”

>Peterson says there is no question in his mind that he lost the research grant because of his controversial statements about “gender neutral” language.

>The iconoclastic professor had predicted in the fall of 2016 that the academic community would punish him for his disavowal of invented terms like “zie” and “zher” by withdrawing its funding and Peterson told the National Post he’s positive his prescience was confirmed last week.

>Peterson has become a champion for free speech advocates in Canada — where conservative critics say hate speech laws and Islamophobia hysteria are increasingly restricting political debate.

Is it any wonder that academia skews to the left so much when this is what happens to anyne going against the PC narrative?

The guy didn't even do anything that should be controversial, just opposed censorship and "gender-neutral" tumblr-tier language control, and this is the product. You either get character assassinated, and refused grants along other forms of punishment, or you just get fired.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SSHRC_CRSH
independent.co.uk/student/news/nine-10-uk-universities-free-speech-restrict-rankings-joseph-rowntree-cardiff-ediburgh-newcastle-a7577381.html
cnn.com/2015/11/09/us/missouri-football-players-protest-president-resigns/
bigstory.ap.org/article/8a3715a1cccb49ca9bcfeda364839bee/yale-teacher-resigns-over-offensive-halloween-costume-email
youtube.com/watch?v=icqPHsNumuU
reddit.com/r/Jordan_Peterson_Memes/comments/626dqn/youve_been_pointed_at_the_way_to_sorting_from_pol/
patreon.com/jordanbpeterson
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can't assassinate a character, only a reputation.

Does it suck? Yes. Is it wrong? Absolutely. Good on him for placing principle above politics.

>MFW leftists think going to a social science college (glorified Tumblr meet-up) makes them smart

The fact is he will be eventually vindicated by history. Not because his particular stance on this, but because his brilliant reasoning behind it. The more they try to silence him, the more people becomes interested in what he is saying. And you can already feel how it's successfully challenging mainstream academic philosophical discourse.

Any intellectually minded Sup Forumsack should give his "Maps of Meaning" lectures a try. It's really outstanding stuff.

He will be able to continue to function. Even if the gov and grant givers are JUST the attention it brings him and donations should keep him alive and well. If anything that's just more water for his windmill.

Godspeed, Doc Petterson

All government financing of 'science" is a fucking waste

>warning the public that the academic research grant process has become “politicized.”

it has always been like that you stupid fucking scientism fucks

fuck grants. do things for public (aka make all data open for public use) and let the public fund it.

you mean to tell me some degenerate whore playing video games can get thousands a month from the public but someone like him can't?

History takes no sides, you are speaking about politics

Why not tell them what you think about it?

twitter.com/SSHRC_CRSH

To be fair he does rake in 300k per year, I think he'll be fine

social science->behavioral science->psychology./sociology/anthropology
All taught in the liberal arts build.
(That was a few years ago, before shit go this weird.)
Jordan Peterson is a psychology professor.
Comment?

Inb4 shills try to smear his name like in every Peterson thread.

The radicalized left picked just about the worst possible person to attack. The main is basically a saint by today's standards and he's open to self analysis when he's wrong. I can't wait to see this shit play out.

Fund him through Patreon, bypass the jewniversities.

History only takes the side of the victor. You know that.

He says he'll be fine as well, in the article. But his graduate students won't be.

>Bigoted regressive white male refuses to acknowledge the most fundamental human right of crafting one's own pronouns
>Blames muh lefties instead of recognizing his own vitriolic hate speech when he loses his "research" gibs

That's what character assassination is.

independent.co.uk/student/news/nine-10-uk-universities-free-speech-restrict-rankings-joseph-rowntree-cardiff-ediburgh-newcastle-a7577381.html
>More than nine in 10 UK universities restrict free speech on campus

cnn.com/2015/11/09/us/missouri-football-players-protest-president-resigns/
bigstory.ap.org/article/8a3715a1cccb49ca9bcfeda364839bee/yale-teacher-resigns-over-offensive-halloween-costume-email

Before the 60s, there was a lot more emphasis on the scientific method and being as objective as possible. But ever since the rise of critical theory, post-modernism and relativism, these brainwashed leftists think "there is no objective truth", so you should be free to make up your own, and even consider facts and reality "harmful" enough to be suppressed.

It was never this bad, and it's gotten progressively worse since the 60s, so some people like Peterson acknowledge it. It really is a new religion. Leftists proudly say they "kicked out the scientific racists" (i.e. people acknowledging biodiversity and racial differences), and now they want to kick out anyone who doesn't go along with their insane Marxist delusions.

So we praise Rome and curse Carthage?

He should've put his Drag Queen photo along with is application

>Fraud loser daddies boy liar, get denied money and is now crying about it

LOL
At least MY money doesn't pay him.

Crowdfund the research. It's not like the government is the only entity that does research grants. He could also make an open request for corporate funding if he doesn't want to crowdfund.

I think it's incredibly important to find out how leftists think and how to cure them of their death cult obsession with communism and authoritarianism. Perhaps we can create a vaccine and make it a mandatory class in elementary school.

Just put this guy as our new national hero already. He's already proven worthy of the title.

How much was the grant?

I bet he can crowdfund it.

He's definitely a leaf. Upholding the long standing Drag Queen tradition you faggots have in fag-ada

Oh hey it's a 'dicklet who failed JP's course in Canada' episode

Loser just got denied $$$$
Of course I'm going to laugh at him. LOL
Don't worry,you faggots will crowdfund him.

This. Crowdsourcing and Wealthy Patrons were the source of 99% of technology developing through the ages. Bureaucrats in charge of that grant shit are just leftist commissars who need to hang.

Jordan Peterson thinks the Jewish lampshades were real. He says it in about half way to his discussion with Molyneux.

It's worse now but it has always been shit, even in the hard science field. Failure to acknowledge this just shows how much of a bluepilled cucklet you are.

>WAAAHHHHH MEDIA!! I'm not getting more FREE money for my suppositions!!
>WAHHHHHH!!

Shut the fuck up whiner
Your professor salary isn't enough??
The $$$ you make from your private psychology clinic isn't enough??
The 20,000 a month from Patreon isn't enough??

You NEED the University to give you more money on top of your $160,000 salary??
If you don't get it, you call the papers and whine??

WHAT A BITCH!!!

Get fucked whiner!!

They'll sort themselves out.

This.

I have a strong feeling that Peterson lies at the center of taking education back from Marxists. He has proven that there is high demand for non-cucked lectures and ideas, and is proving that the role of the university is increasingly irrelevant. He himself has stated something to the effect of "I don't believe the University, the place people go to seek knowledge, is housed within the university anymore".

The more success he gets the more he proves that the internet is a better place for learning than the Marxist indoctrination camps, and as soon as something is arranged where employers can accept the equivalent of a college degree through online coursework and programs, the universities lose every ounce of power they still have.

We keep talking about how to take back the universities; I say we leave them behind entirely. Let them fail. Don't bail them out when they do. The future of higher education lies outside of univeristies, and Peterson is at the forefront of shaping that future.

It's no wonder his threads get shilled so hard. A hero has chosen to confront the dragon, and his weapons are sharp enough to gut it entirely.

He'll be fine. Thanks to all these retarded shitstorms, more and more people have been listening to his word and realizing he's got some very essential wisdom to part us with, thus ensuring his Patreon is doing really well.

Sort yourself out.

How much money does this drama queen need??

Crack can get pricey..............

>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just admitted the whole scam behind this. LOL

He'd be fine if he wasn't a crack addict. LOL

Sort yourself out.

That's the point. He's not saying anything that should be controversial. Can you imagine if he also questioned the Holocaust, or things like race realism. He would've already been smeared as a "neo-Nazi" and "Holocaust denier" and fired. This is why colleges and universities are so bad, when you can't even oppose something nonsensical like "gender-neutral" language and censorship, let alone issues like biological differences, historical events, etc.

>It's worse now but it has always been shit, even in the hard science field. Failure to acknowledge this just shows how much of a bluepilled cucklet you are.

You sound like an edgy fedora-tipper. You're a fucking dumbass, and you're not even supporting your arguments with anything.

Go ahead and prove to me that it was always this bad. You won't because you can't. This sort of thing really was spearheaded in the 60s.

>pic-related
Is Peterson a Sup Forumslack or is this a Sup Forums tl;dr?

Ask your mommy before donating if you're under 18.
Waste your rheals however you want Brazil.

He's not getting a dime from me. LOL

Fuck off Rhajat Pajeet Al Muslimi. Letting shitskin in was a mistake.

He didn't quite go so far as to say the Nazis literally made lampshades out of people. He said that people can be evil enough to make lampshades out of people.

I do agree with you that he is misguided on the nazis and jews, but he's so spot on about commies and leftists that I kind of have to let it slide.

Man, this guy and his shills made for some funny ass times.

Last 1. Enjoy.

>roastie
>arab
>chinese
>tranny
Which one are you, leaf?

there was barely any fucking public money going to science before the 50s and 60s

Politics have no place in academia.
That's why so many "educated" people are so fucking stupid. Education isn't about trying to make people intelligent, it's about making sure everyone toes the globalist line.

I wish he would come to Waterloo, would really love to attend one of his seminars.

>tfw there is a man out there championing the importance of free speech and debate while I sit around all day masturbating to chinese cartoons

She looks sad. I recommend she wear more blush

>being so autistic that you create dozens of image macros to attack this guy on a taiwanese basket-weaving forum because he triggers you and doesn't tow the batshit insane SJW line

He needs to set up his own educational institution with actually rigorous standards--he said the Universities were finished, now it's time for him to try and provide an alternative--he's got enough of a following and enough worthwhile contacts to make something of it.

nowadays it tends to do that, but where else can you learn? Professors are individuals, they'd go more the way they wanted if it wanted for standardized tests.

desu he shouldn't have time for research right now: man's got more important things to be doing, and he knows it.

Let's examine the token shill leaf that pops up in every Peterson thread. His every word, his every action, is predictable and pathetic. He continually tries to demean, to humiliate, to force unfunny memes about Peterson, because the puppeteers pulling his strings have done just enough research to get a vague idea that shitposting and memes is how discourse is shaped on Sup Forums.

Yet his memeing always fails, his posts reek of shillery. He cannot possibly emulate the shitposting and memery of a genuine Sup Forumslack, because he lacks something that every Sup Forums-goer has. Humanity, and a free mind. The brotherly pissing contests and trading of jests that makes the bond between anons tighter is predicated on truth. The very same truth that Peterson so passionately promotes.

And the Sup Forumslack's memes and shitposting catch on because it fills the posters with the satisfaction of speaking the truth. As Peterson says, one can tell, one can feel, when they are being false. And one can feel the satisfaction of boldly stating the truth.

Sup Forums is a board of truth-speakers, and as such is immune to such blatant shillery and lies. New thinktanks, new social media campaigns, new efforts to subvert us pop up continuously, and they always fail.

The reason is quite simple: the truth is on our side. And while the leaf shilling against Peterson collects his paltry salary for attempting to chop down a great tree with a toothpick, Sup Forums grows ever further, reaching higher and higher into the light. As he turns in for the night, his body filled with the shame and discomfort of having an occupation devoted to conscious lying, Sup Forums continues on stronger than ever before. His enemies grow even stronger as his body shudders from the guilt. Such is the way of shadows, to shrink before the sun.

Is this fake news?

I'm sad for you. Here watch this, it will warm your little hearth desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=icqPHsNumuU

The research he was going to do was incredibly important for understanding leftist authoritarianism and possibly undercutting it. Imagine if you had a guaranteed way to prevent your children from becoming retarded communists because you inoculated them against it when they were children?

kek, yeah too fucking prostitution

You can't be spot on about commies unless you accept Hitler wanted to defeat them and that they were driven by Jewry.

Are you the leaf and who thinks Peterson isn't a real professor because he once worked min wage?

Sup Forums is an ai

didn't that guy get brain damaged or something?

You're right. It was a mistake to even make Economics a formal discipline at the turn of the 20th century (before it had been part of a broader moral philosophy and law). This endless specialization and fragmentation has just been an encouragement to mass stupidity.

Exactly. This only proves his point.
This tactic won't work, just as it didn't work against Trump. Kinda lucky they don't learn.

The leaf shill is a tranny taking anti-retrovirals for his GRIDS. Cut him some slack the guy has brain because of it

Alt light, with a dose of Protestant indivudualism.

Can Jordan skip all the foreplay and just get to killing all these fucks?

He was going to explain (((them))) without actually naming them.

He's a preacher. But is words fits well with the shill leaf that spam bullshit and fear real argumentation.

Canada is so cucked its not even funny at this point.

No because in Canada if you kill your enemy, they win.

Everything besides physics, engineering, finance or maths is at best a flimsy pseudoscience.

I think Peterson is a liberal (in the true sense of the word) individualist with a healthy dose of traditionalism. It's hard to put him on the left/right spectrum, but I get the sense he isn't very far right or left of center.

Did ShariaBlue/CTR sign a treaty with the leafs?

can't beaterson

Did they give a plausible reason, or was it just yes / no?

Now he:

Comes to the US
-- or --
Turns his research lab over to colleagues and goes full time into the myth-and-syo business

>Such is the way of shadows, to shrink before the sun.

Finance is not scientific, it's an art. Same as engineering.

Biology and chemistry are also science.

Are you that faggot that makes music that sounds like something a retarded, lobotomized Igor Stravinsky would compose? Bc I see you post on all of his social media stuff and it's really annoying. Also, your music is shit and you have no future in it.

With every stab at Peterson, his blood anoints more of the lost boys, and we become sorted.

I pledge to not be a puppet and to bear my lot in life, and that message he gives away for free makes fiercely loyal supporters.

Peterson is a great man. He's clearly incredibly articulate, intelligent, and he has a spine, showed by this. He's completely correct in what he is saying here.

He /did/ believe that. Some user had a screencap where he argued with Peterson, saying they were a myth. Peterson went away, said he agreed, but that the user had missed his point or something. So yes, he did, and now, he doesn't, believe the lampshades.

But that's funny, for a guy who's supposedly studied nazism and so on for 30(?) years, to not know that. Seems shallow. I'm increasingly findidng cracks in his thought. And no I'm not that psycho JBP hater guy.

You're a shill but you obviously have no idea what university grants are for.

They pay the wages of research assistants, not those of the professor, and it literally provides the income for these people.

Posting best peterson

tchaaa - he'd probably just suggest directions and be available as an advisor, while his students did the actual grunt work. Still, having an active lab gives you a lot of cred.

A lot of his studying of Nazism was probably before the internet when most of what you could get your hands on was completely mainstream. I think he's probably absorbed some exaggerations and falsehoods from bad literature, but the authoritarian nature of Nazi Germany still helps his point.

don't reply to this guy, he's weird

doesn't this guys patreon give him 28k a month or something crazy?

Why do you think Canadian professors are all so pro-left?

1. They are heavily unionized.
2. The government funds their research.

Why bite the hand that feeds you?

Dr. Peterson has gone against both with his comments.

Dude is great but, like he said, he already knew something like this would probably happen.

... now /that/'s the best Peterson.

I bet you're the Obama shill leaf.
Kill yourself, JIDF

Marxism is an intellectual trap that a lot of intellectuals fall into, and their pride often prevents them from being shaken out of it. Their intellect is the main source of their identity so they can' handle having their conveniently adopted explanations for everything being challenged.

are you the guy who posted it a few days ago? I posted it onto /r/Jordan_Peterson_Memes, as I got no response from you. Is it original to you? The crowd went wild over there:

reddit.com/r/Jordan_Peterson_Memes/comments/626dqn/youve_been_pointed_at_the_way_to_sorting_from_pol/

Why are you shilling so hard, you stupid faggot?

I started reading the abridged The Gulag Archipelago last night and I should have got the full thing in three volumes. His writing style is fantastic and I breezed through 100 pages without trying.

patreon.com/jordanbpeterson

yep - $28,317 / month at the moment. Next goal, $35K

What are the specifics of how the future authoring/self authoring program works? Thinking about trying it.

>that image
it needs another panel with the redneck agreeing with the scientist

Actually a friend of mine made it but works in an industry dominated by sjw's, so he didn't want to publish it anywhere.

Glad the reddit team enjoyed it.

he makes in two months what i make in a year based off of the good will of his fans. Must be nice.

Please for the love of KEK FUCK OFF WITH THE REDDIT POSTING. JESUS CHRIST YOU FAGGOTS ARE INSUFFERABLE. STOP IT.

He's being very brave. He made front page news when he suggested that university funding be cut by %25

The man really wants people to think about the axioms that underlie department teachings