BANKER AMA

Ask me anything relating to politics or geopolitics and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge.

t. ex investment banker and current economics/finance researcher for a political think tank

Other urls found in this thread:

ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/attachments/2016OfficialFY2013CDRBriefing.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GFY...You miserable little bag of monkey spunk.

Do bankers see war as a possible solution when a big financial crisis is on? If yes, in what way?

What really happened with Lehman Brothers? Nobody liked them?

How do i get a black gf?

How do you deal with the thought that your actions make people suffer? How do you mitigate that feeling? What keeps me from acting in my own self interest is the fear of hurting others, that my happiness is less important because I am more resilient and my basic needs are taken care of. How does a person go beyond that way of thinking and justify laying claim to a bigger share?

When the unemployment rate is high, people are making fewer purchases than they were (since less money in the pocket), and overall output across the nation is flat is flat.

>Country goes to war

The government has to equip its soldiers with the gear and munitions needed in order to win the war. Corporations win contracts to supply boots, and bombs and vehicles to the army.

Many of these companies will have to hire extra workers in order to meet this increased production. If the preparations for war are large enough, large numbers of workers will be hired reducing the unemployment rate. Additionally, Other workers may need to be hired to cover reservists in private sector jobs who get sent overseas.

This makes the unemployment rate go down, and we have more people spending again and people who had jobs before will be less worried about losing their job in the future so they'll spend more than they did.

This extra spending will help the retail sector, who will need to hire extra employees causing unemployment to drop even further.

It goes even further and further, but the short answer is yes.

Don't be black.

I grew up as an orphan so I do not have that much regard for other people's suffering. To you it may sound fucked up but what can I do.

when the bubbles will collapse?

Are you a Jew?

shit slide. sage

That's a huge question because no one really knows. This whole stock market thing is a fucking lottery.

If you look at the housing market crash, a hand full of were already calling it in 2006 (2 years before the crash) but nothing was happening. People who actually were betting against the housing market ended up losing too much money and went bankrupt because they couldn't keep paying up for their bets.

Not sure

handful of people*

Are you still invested in the stock market?

No.

In wallstreet, we sell stocks to the average sucker Joe but we would never buy them ourselves.

So what do you invest in?

He's an RPing faggot. There is no way he took a 75% pay reduction to go be a fucking policy wonk. Nobody fucking does that. Nor would he be qualified. IBs work in sales. They sell financial products that probably none of them even understand, considering they were designed by financial engineers with doctorates from fucking MIT. A salesman, even one making six figures, is in no way qualified for a research/analysis position at a policy thinktank. It's fucking ridiculous that anyone would claim this or that anyone would fall for it.

will puerto rico becoming the 51 state ensure we bail out their pension system, and will chicago use that as president for us to do the same there

>What is equity research

Are you fucking retarded? Go get your GED moron. Maybe dropping out of high school was a bad idea.

Do you think money and politics should mix? If thats too vague im reffering to politicians whoring out their positions of power through speaking, and accepting ungodly ammounts of money, both legit campaign money and dark money on the side.

Whether we think money and politics should mix will never matter. It will always persist.

Not true. The french killed the aristocrats on the back end of our revolution, which was essentially fought over the fact that the bank of england was controlling the colonists and they had 0 government representation. The same thing exists today. Politicians were also not given careers in office.

>a thinktank ever fucking performs equity research
>an analyst ever fucking moves to sales
You're a lying fucking faggot, dude. I did stochastics at fucking Credit Suisse for five years, bro. You are a fucking lying faggot sack of shit.

What's it like being such a fucking loser piece of fagshit you have to pretend to be a somebody online? Post a fucking redacted ID badge, letterhead, pay stub, anything to prove you're not a lying, RPing fucking faggot.

You because you can't, you sorry faggot.

Why does the fact that you edited pitch books, filled data rooms, and stayed later than necessary as a banker qualify you in any way to know anything?

Go to sleep faggot. Your shift at Walmart begins at 8am tomorrow.

I only worked as a banker for two years. It gave me a lot of insight on different markets. Most of my career is in economic/geopolitical research.

>So what do you invest in?

SAGE DO NOT RESPOND TO SHILL THREADS. FAGGOT LARPER CAN POST PAY STUB OR GO

So, tell us of your involvement with and opinion of the Fed Reserve System.

What will be the next bubble that cripples or may even kill our economy? Housing (Again), Student loan debt, etc?

You wouldn't even buy near an obvious (to someone who followed history) market bottom? Like early 2009 when people were OMG the world is ending?

what degree from wat school

>Gov't needs money
>borrows from Fed Reserve
>has to pay back amount borrowed + interest

>however, that never happens so gov't keeps borrowing
>interest racks up

this and many other things with interest led to:

>there's now more debt owed than there is cash in our entire economy

If you can figure that out you can make a lot while everyone's wallets go dry.

Also, student loans wont default because it's backed by gov't.

Chemical Engineering from MIT

Do you actually provide a service to the world or are you a leech?Do you deserve your position or got it from wealthy family and connections

proof, naow

Is it feasible to get into banking with an physics degree with some knowledge of how the markets work?

Lol nice rebuttal

Ah, yes, but as our Money IS Debt, it's out true money base.

And about those NON-defaulting student loans...ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/attachments/2016OfficialFY2013CDRBriefing.pdf

Suuure

>Had to work my ass to get into IB. Didn't have connections but I went out and made some.

Yes. I've seen even the most ridiculous majors in banking like Biology, History, Art, etc.

What is the word about the financial prospects of Greece in your circles? Any interesting stories about Greece you can share?

So you got your position on meritocracy. I respect that as a fellow high IQ person. My other question is is banking and stocks a giant scam or are you actually benefitting the economy?

Tits or GTFO because you sound like a larper. At the very least, here's a policy question for you. How would you compare Kingdon's theory of policy action with Ghostbusters?

PAY DENTS

Hear any serious talk of a global 'reset'? Lots of conspiracy people talking about a shift away from the petrodollar and to something else backed by Eastern powers like the Chinese.

>trying to doubt Op since you are a jealous sack of shit
I too watched econpop you nerd

Tbh the COO of my company was a glorified salesman that bluffed his way to the top and just backstabbed us for a VP position at a competitor. He is making stupid amounts of money to write checks with his mouth other people have to cash. Plus he was lying about some real bad shit.

I believe it only because of this recent experience. Luckily I am the head of the 'salvage team'.

Lmao this larping faggot is just picking phrases out of textbooks/websites and anyone replying without saging is cancer.
t. freshman business admin major

Pls have cancer

nigga, what the fuck is an econpop?

>using a proxy in a second browser
wow that's some next level web browsing there, nigger

It's very fucky and complicated. Stocks raise money for a firm but at the same time they're giving investors voting rights. What do investors want? Higher dividends (assuming the stock pays dividends). How do they get this? Make the firm get higher profits in any way possible, even if it means cutting jobs.

Overall, everything is now focused on short-term profits than long-term growth.

Regarding banking itself, desu I am not a big fan of interest rates.

How fucked am I with an Econ degree from a good college but a shit gpa

I'm a girl

AMA

A youtube channel for normalfags which made a video explaining the economics of ghostbusters

Lol you think I'm OP? Op doesn't need to proxy because he has better things to do than wasten his time with a bunch of high school dropouts. How about you ask him some serious questions or get the fuck out

What are some ways to become a bond trader?

>What do investors want? Higher dividends
Wrong again, freshman.
Investors want returns. Dividends are the bait to keep people locked into the stock because returns are going to be low, but theoretically steady over time. Otherwise the old fucks who invest in the blue chips will go elsewhere.
But in their age, a 1% dividend on top of the 5-8% annual market growth is more valuable because they're going to die soon and want a legacy.
Anyone young or working towards retirement age would rather be in something growing 10%+ YOY

>t. ex investment banker and current economics/finance researcher for a political think tank
How does it feel to make money contributing nothing to society or those that build/maintain it?

So theoretically should a president put an outlaw of wallstreet. Ban it's practices, would the economy then be better? From my perspective it seems like wallstreet rips everyone off so why do they exist? Why hasn't a single president shut it down?

The reason I went into research side of banking and not into sales is because I'm very much against interest rates.

Series 6, Series 7, whatever else is required in leafland

>j-just ask something serious?
Fucking get out.

Why do ppl like you support the right of the underclass to vote? Don't you know that they're just going to vote in a Chavez eventually and ruin your life?

I sell medical devices and decent, but I want a few extra thousand every few months to set aside for a house and other long term stuff. What can I do for baby's first investment that will grow into something later on?

I feel that too but that's why OP is educating me on why banking and stock trading is important and how it affects our economy in a positive light. Maybe you should let op educate you as well

Some guy went after banks, stock exchanges, and interest rates back in 1930s.

His country did very well but then everyone ended up declaring war on them.

Does your breath smell like cum or your farts?

t. physicist

Why? Without them what is the purpose of loaning money?

Invest in dogecoin

This isn't your thread you uneducated moron. Op is educating losers on hw the economy works to help pull us out of the socio-economic gutter. Take his advice, grow up, or leave

You're unironically not understanding anything, if you are truly not samefagging as you claim to be.
You're either retarded or a samefaggot.
Either way, leave.

>>Had to work my ass to get into IB. Didn't have connections but I went out and made some

You went to MIT, banks recruit on campus there. I'm gonna be working for a bank full time this summer.

They dont come to any single school in my state(southern state school), I had to cold email hundreds of people.

I worked on the industrials group of a BB last summer and accepted their full time offer.

wallstreet meets savers with risk takers. Savers need to earn a return on their money, companies need capital. Boom. Investment banking is literally just selling money or M&A advice to companies.

also you dont have to be smart to work in banking, its easy, its just long hours and lots of powerpoint and excel.

How so? When FDR was president the world world respected him. The Japanese never even declared war when they attacked.

What do you drive?

I'm talking about a specific country in Europe which is really cucked today

>we didn't declare war we just sunk some ships and bombed your clay
leaf """""trudeaucation""""""

First off you do wave to be smart to work in banking. You need excellent school marks and connections. Second I thought wallstreel is ripping everyone off? Why do you say it's simply savers and investers?

>the Japanese totally declared war on america
Burger education at its finest

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I thought you meant FDR lol

So if we send a fleet of bombers to level your shitpits called "quebec" and "toronto" it's not war, right?

Because this low iq walmart worker is regurgitating stuff he saw in a textbook rather than thinking for himself.

No actually. The emperor never declared a war.

Why don't we stop the accounting gimmicks with the debt. We owe half the money to ourselves and to my understanding the interest paid on bonds the Fed issues is returned to the Treasury and counted as income. A decent Democrat, Alan Grayson, has noted this absurdity.

I just pray to fucking god every night we get to nuke you as well.

Correct, long-term capital gains tax instead of income tax...

Are you talking about me or the other guy?

America only has declared war 4 times in history. Doubt it would do it again

the other lad that thinks he's a banker because he can read candle-stick charts

I go to emory and study stem, i have an accounting degree previously and worked at a billion dollar start up. what are my chances to get into venture capital?

No that's not war, that's called a favour.

True. Banking in the real world requires more than just memory. You need a high IQ and be Andale to make quick smart decisions.

I know right?
I'm a business associate in one of Nzs largest banks.
Have handled investment, international commerce and now internal property investment.
I can give one solid "redpill" on banking, no bullshit larping or anything to make myself seem superior:
China own almost everything.
About 45% of all 'non foreign' property ownership is actually Chinese owned.
They do it through domiciled trusts and small business (look through companies) owned in trust and with directorship handled by residents or citizens.
The thing is, for anti money laundering compliance (the piece that will reveal foreign ownership in theory)
Only directors and shareholders above (not including) 25% need to be identified to banks and lenders.
What they do is set up 4 trusts (same trustees on each) and each take a 25% share.
The money comes from China but we only "know" the director who on paper is kiwi.

Vote Nzfirst.

>First off you do wave to be smart to work in banking. You need excellent school marks and connections.

LOL

dude read a few interview guides, join some clubs on campus, get above a 3.7 with a biz major and cold call and email the shit out of people, they care more about you not being an austismo fag then anything because you're going to be working 80+ hour weeks together.

Non of that makes you smart. Hardworking? Sure, determined, you bet, but smart, nah I wouldent say smart.

Only VC's ive met either are ex founders or MBA grads, its kinda hard to jump mid career, Idk much about VC recruiting

no you need to be able to resize powerpoint images for 16 hours a day

OP is a larping faggot. He has the articulation of a college freshman and his understanding of global finance is superficial at best.

But in order to get into a university it means you must have an ultra high IQ. I am Mensa and couldn't even do it.

Ha ha ha, I like this guy.

alright bro you got me well played time to go to bed

you can spend less than 5 minutes on google and mises will utterly shit on you. you're mentally retarded. kys.

>MENSA IQ
>doesn't understand he was talking about Germany
There you go, mensa is a scam.

Former asset manager for prudential subsidiary here. OP is full of shit, hasn't answered a single question with the articulation of an investment banker. Most likely a first year econ student.

Anyway since I'm here ask whatever, I've got 30 minutes before an interview for Credit Suisse.

Fake and gay.

beta neutral portfolio, had someone tell me the other day if you're not running beta neutral you're just a closet indexer.

I havent done any reading but I'm not sure most funds run a beta neutral portfolio.