Gays Win Important Court Case

archive.is/4EVx8

In a significant victory for gay rights, a federal appeals court in Chicago ruled Tuesday that the 1964 Civil Rights Act protects gay workers from job discrimination, expanding workplace protections in the landmark law to include sexual orientation.

The decision by the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, the highest federal court yet to grant such employment protections, raises the chances that the politically charged issue may ultimately be resolved by the Supreme Court. While an appeal is not expected in this case, another appellate court, in Georgia, last month reached the opposite conclusion, saying that the law does not prohibit discrimination at work for gay employees.

The ruling on Tuesday comes as gay rights advocates have voiced concern about the potential rollback of protections under President Trump. While the Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage, many other legal protections, including in employment and housing, have not been extended at all levels to gay people.

In the decision on Tuesday, the judges ruled by an 8-to-3 vote that the civil rights law, which already prohibits discrimination on a variety of factors, also includes protections based on sexual orientation. They concluded that such discrimination was no different from a form of sex discrimination, which the law prohibits. Five of the eight judges in the majority were appointed by Republican presidents.

The case stems from a lawsuit by Kimberly Hively, an Indiana teacher who has alleged that she was fired from Ivy Tech Community College because she is a lesbian. She applied to six full-time jobs at the school in South Bend, Ind., that she did not get, and she was let go from her part-time position there in 2014.

That's gay

Well it sets up an important showdown in the Supreme Court and puts pressure on social conservatives to have Gorsuch confirmed.

I mean......do poeple that have a Rainbow fetishist parade once a year really even feel harassed about being gay?

OTHER STATES FOLLOW SUIT

Mississippi is not alone. HB 1523 is one bill in a wave of similar legislation proposed or adopted across the country in the last few years. Opponents argue these measures would legalize discrimination against the LGBT community.

1. Arkansas - SB 975

Allows someone to sue over a nondiscrimination law that burdens his religious beliefs; SB 202 bars local laws from creating protected classes.

2. Florida - HB 43/SB 110

Allows clergy and churches to refuse to perform marriages for same-sex couples.

3. Indiana - SB 101

Allows someone to sue over a nondiscrimination law that burdens his religious beliefs.

4. Kansas - SB 175

Requires public colleges and universities to give access to funding and use of facilities to student groups even if they discriminate based on religious beliefs.

5. North Carolina - SB 2

Exempts state officials from having to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples; HB 2, which was amended Thursday, requires individuals to use the bathrooms corresponding to the sex listed on their birth certificates.

6. Michigan - HB 4188, HB 4189 and HB 4190

Allows adoption and foster care agencies to refuse to provide services to same-sex couples.

7. Mississippi - HB 1523

(Became law April 5, 2016): Allows government officials and businesses to deny services to gay couples wishing to get married.

8. Tennessee - HB 1840/SB 1556

(Became law April 27, 2016): Allows those providing professional services to deny those services based on religious beliefs.

9. Utah - SB 297

Exempts state officials from having to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

--

A lot of states are trying to pass anti-gay laws so how the Supreme Court rules eventually will be very influential. Many of these laws have not been enforced, but if they are it sets up a case for the Supreme Court to decide if the Civil Rights Act covers gays, which they have not previously addressed.

Ah, good child. Sodomy is normal, natural, and healthy!

The person at issue is a Lesbian. They do not commonly practice sodomy.

Same philosophical principle, kiddo.
Homosexuality is abhorrent to nature as it takes the natural, prolific sexual faculty and makes it sterile.
In principle, there is no distinction as both are abuses of the sexual faculty.

If all people were becoming homosexual this would be an issue but the responsibility is on you, the straight person to breed. Otherwise infertile people are abominations as well.

bump

No, kiddo. You ought to brush up on your logic and philosophy.
The existence of a privation is not an abuse of said faculty.
For instance, requiring glasses to correct a privation of the eyesight is not an abuse of your ability to see. It is a privation.

The existence of gays is not an abuse of sexuality.

tl;dr and nobody cares you fucking fairy go back to sucking cock

>tfw no zealish bf

Interesting that you refer to sodomites as "gay", identifying a person solely by their sexual proclivity. I didn't think one who supported sodomy would dehumanize a practitioner of sodomy like that. Well done, my good sir.

The existence of same sex attraction is merely a privation of the sexual drive; something broken in their environment which altered and warped their sexual feelings. In men, it is almost always either abuse or lack of a strong father.

This is why terrorism skyrocketed after gay marrige was legalized.

I didn't mention sodomites. I think your point about sex is irrelevant. Either all people get equal protections of the law or none do.

Gay is fixed at birth. I know Christians would love to believe it is purely environmental but apart from that one non-peer reviewed study, research has shown otherwise.

You identified a group of people merely by their sexual proclivity, "gay", I was the one that used the term sodomite, because that's what they are.

Homosexuality is a choice. I grew up in a sodomite home. My mother is lesbian. She had many partners around. They all talked about their decision to be gay- almost always after a rape or molestation, mind you.

Our eyes are made to see, our ears to hear, our tongue to taste, our fingers to grasp, and our sexual organs in the sexual faculty to procreate. Any basic biologist can tell you that.
Homosexual tendencies is in the mind, a privation of the normal, healthy sexual faculty. You need help, not affirmation.

Is being straight a choice?

Being straight? You mean being what human beings are? Male and female, designed to mingle and create new life? That's what is called "natural. "

I could very well choose to behave like an animal an do the things sodomites do, but I'm not mentally, emotionally, or spiritually unstable.

Do you know what separates us from animals, user?

Why is it so hard for you to grasp that some men are hard-wired to view sexuality as women do?

Could be genes, hormones in the womb, a mix. Regardless I think we would see if sexuality was somehow imprinted by trauma solely. I think that is just a way to disparage gays. I am sorry you had a poor family life with a gay parent but if your mom had access to gay marriage and adoption you might have had a more stable family life.

You are not better than others because you are wired differently.

Some men are effeminate, I get it. It's a vice, like any vice, and it's an addiction.

>gay marriage and adoption
Kiddo, you do realize, every sodomite family is based upon the breaking up of a normal family or using the product of a natural human relationship? C'mon. This isn't rocket science. Besides, studies show less than 5% of sodomites are even interested in "marriage".

Let me tell you what separates human beings from animals, user.
Humans have the faculty of reason. Animals do not. We employ that reason to curb our disordered passions. It isn't easy, given our various proclivities and privations, yet, that's part of being human. Animals don't even try to curb their passions because they are unable. In this way, sodomite behaviour is even more reprehensible as they do have the faculty of reason yet are ruled by their passions. This applies to heterosexuals, as well.

It has nothing to do with effeminacy. Gays are a rather broad spectrum from masculine, never-would-tell to flamin' hot cheetos gay obviousness. It has to do with our brains being hard-wired to like men like you enjoy women. I don't control or choose it. I would prefer more gays are involved in stable marriages with kids but your desired policies certainly won't effect that.

What you see as a vice I see as a reality.

Sure it does. Addiction of all kinds, especially that of the inability to control disordered passions, is effeminate.

I've work in the morning.
Curb your disordered passions, user.

Being gay isn't an addiction.