Radar Project Suggestions?

I'm trying to choose a radar system to present on for my Radar & EM Sensing class. Currently I'm thinking either the British Chain Home series early warning radars or the American CXAM naval radars as both were important in WWII.

I want to pick the most redpilled radar in the history of mankind.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freya_radar
dailymotion.com/video/x123k8x_2-to-see-for-a-hundred-miles_shortfilms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not picking a German radar
gtfo normie

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freya_radar

> allied side
> redpilled

>not specifying which one

You could buy some sdr sticks and make a radar.

it takes a bit more than a couple of RTL dongles to actually make a working radar lol (esp considering the sticks can't transmit)

overall i want to stick with historical military ones (recent ones will be classified

Why not the overpowered af AESA system featured in the F35, which can even detect the radar system used on the F22 even when in low probability of intercept mode?

Or if you wanna get historical, why not the array of insane radar systems used in our AEGIS Cruisers/Destroyers during the later stages of the cold war, which were similarly crazy advanced when first unveiled?

AESA is definitely going to have too little information available to make a useful presentation on. I'll look into thee AN/SPY series though, thanks for the tip

Another fun option might be the obnoxious arrays they had on our Nimitiz carriers (and continue to have in upgraded forms), but I digress.

This isn't Sup Forums related. Try Sup Forums.

Are you in the USN user? I've been thinking about applying for a commission.

build a synthetic aperture radar. google for instructions.

oh wait this is a cucked "write a paper" class. reevaluate your entire life.

The good sticks that work as sound cards can transmit. It takes 3. There are a few how tos online. It won't pinpoint a plane at 100km, but you can watch a baseball.

>military tech has nothing to do with politics
Still more on topic than half the posts I've seen tonight

nopers but I'm aware that the military definitely has most of the cool stuff when it comes to sensing systems thanks to my CE/CS electives.

Based on what I've heard from folks on the GI Bill it's definitely a good place to go if you want to do "smart stuff" in the military, that or the chairforce lel.

Yeah I'm EE doing signal processing and sensory systems.

I'd need to get in shape first

Check this video out for inspiration OP:
dailymotion.com/video/x123k8x_2-to-see-for-a-hundred-miles_shortfilms

aesthetic af

If the proposed budget passes it may not be a bad choice, given the cuts to non military agencies that might be up your alley.

If you're really good you could also consider WayMo or one of their subsidiaries to work on scifi level LiDAR systems though. If Alphabet wasn't suing the shit out of Uber I'd also recommend Otto (self driving truck company), but seeing as they'll probably be wiped out...eh

What about those deep space radar arrays. Can drop a bogpill in there

who told you about those