Should I join the military here in Canada? My NEET life has to end somehow at some point

Should I join the military here in Canada? My NEET life has to end somehow at some point.

bump

Do you have any post secondary education? Because you'll just be washing dishing and scrubbing the floor if you apply for anything other than an officers position.

lol no

you will be inevitably sent to die for niggers, sand niggers, poofters or some other pack of degenerates.

never completed. always left after second semester

That's what I was thinking

>Canadian military

It isn't a terrible career choice, but they aren't looking for soldiers anymore (Well, last I checked anyways). You'll only get into a logistics position. If your lucky it'll be some kind of radar operator or something like that. That said, chances are you'll only get a cooking job, or something equally demeaning. However, you wont find a better wage for a that kind of job in the civilian sector.

It depends entirely on which branch of service

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Have you even served in the CF?

must be some french part of canada or is whole canada gay now?

Checked out the videos on youtube, it seems like you need at least 3-4 months of preparing your body and mind for what's to come.

Lots of opinions here, apparently most of them totally ignorant.

CF member, NCO, served for 9 years now. Currently transferring from Taccoms into the Air Force.

Pros - Stable, decent pay ie 64,000 at Cpl rank which you should achieve in 3-4 years. Good benefits. Ability to see some interesting shit. Fun with guns. Pretty useful training that, while it doesn't necessarily align with actual job qualifications, can be very helpful looking for post military work IE advanced leadership skills. Lots of time off. You get paid to go to the gym.

Cons - it's the fucking army. People are cunts, officers are cunts, NCO's are cunts. Privates are retarded, everyone is a little retarded. Be away from home a long time. A whole lot of standing around doing nothing. Basic training blows.

Are you single? If you're single, with nothing to lose, go do it right now. I'm married now, and I fucking hate it, because I'm currently away from my waifu for 3 months and it blows.

Shoot for a technical trade. EOtech, veh tech, Mat Tech, even MP or something like that. You want to find something that you can transfer the skills over to civvy side. Even cooks can get their Red Seal by the way, which is a big deal and helpful.

Source - as I said, 9 years in, have been posted to three bases, 6 units, one domestic deployment and one tour in Afghanistan.

I want to as well but I don't want to end up dying for Trudeau in the great diversity war

Question: Do you ever doubt your service due to politics?

Kek then learn how to move under covering fire properly.

More seriously, you think he'll still be in power by the time you actually get a deployment? I doubt it.

All the time. I could write you a massive goddam essay about it if you want.

legitimate interest bump. I have a stake in this thread too now

See my long winded post above, and if you have any questions let me know.

How old is too old (to get started)?

Did basic with a 52 year old. He was a farmer and kicked our asses.

Older people are just as capable, however their ability to bounce back from fatigue and injury are much lower.

I wouldn't join if I was older than 40.

Honestly Im interested in joining CAF armour and infantry. No real options 'civvy-side' on that end huh? I'm interested in the things that go boom.

FUCK YEAH CANADIAN SPECIAL FORCES
lol

Imagine the stereotypical NEET, what would be your advice to that character. Not that I'm to that degree (I did muay thai/jiu jitsu and am used to retarded rough housing and fights)

Get in, do your 4 or 5 and get out before you end up cynical, injured and angry, with a fat wife that you beat every second Tuesday when you drink a bottle of Crown.

The only options for infantry are police - and they do it a lot. I'd say roughly 20% of the OPP is ex military, a lot of them infantry.

I'll be sure to mention your enthusiasm to the American troops we're training next week kek.

Do it. I'm in a bad place in my life, I can't sort myself out, figured I at least can try this and learn discipline.

Don't be a smartass. You don't actually know anything yet. Be the grey man if possible. Be ready for more interpersonal relations then you want. Teamwork is everything, so get used to it.

That's inspiring, at least. What sort of screening occurs before intake for basic training?

How many fail or quit during training?

I'll keep it tight.
1) Canadians are cunts, that for the most part don't care about their military unless we come down the 401 in a body bag, or it's November 11th. Because of this, we will never have the gear or money we need, leaving us with shoestring budgets.
2) Dying in a foreign war fighting a bunch of shepherds with AK's that have been paid to shoot at you is horseshit if you think about it logically.
3) Canada hasn't fought a war for Canadian security in years.
4) Most political entities see the CAF as a political tool to win brownie points, or curry favour with other nations.

Another note - I joined the army at 21. I had nothing but some clothes in a backpack. With determination, I now have a 6 year younger wife, a car, and an acceptably nice house that I've payed off almost half of. If you're at bottom, it's a good way to cheat up to the middle.

If you have nothing else going for you, join and pick a specialty which has good exit opportunities. Military Police is good if you want to subsequently be a civilian officer for example.

Depends on the course Warrant Officer. It's easier going now. I'd still say around 20-30 percent, although when I went through it was a platoon of 71 that graduated 33. Quitting is only common in the first 2 weeks, after that it's failures and injuries.

something about anecdotes have a way of persuading me. I think it could it be the unpleasant visceral prospect of a life post-combat.
Is cynicism rampant in the CAF? I assume it would be high, but I have too few scruples to know. I know what I am, and I get enough of cynicism at home.

Basic medical, psych eval, credit checks in some cases, high school or post secondary diplomas if required, ear and eye tests, enhanced reliability security clearance screening.

This right here makes me sad. Thank you for your service user.

Plenty of people see hard combat and just laugh about it. They don't make the news.
Cynicism is rampant right now, because it's the peace time army, and it's always like that. However, compared to most I am far more cynical, due to joining mostly for my own reasons, not for patriotism. There are still plenty of what I call 'true believers' which is a good thing really.
My point is, join for yourself, fight for your buddies, make your country proud, get out and use what you learned to be a better citizen and man.

Yes if you want to serve the Queen of England.

You're welcome, but to be honest, I did it for selfish reasons. I have gotten a lot out of the military all things considered.
Canadians...are weird. If I had a choice, I'd split the country into multiple countries.

That was my original plan , shortened to 25 words.
My thanks user
- 21y/o user

No worries. Go see a recruiter, but be patient, and don't let them shoehorn you into a trade you don't want. Sometimes it takes a while.