Does using linux mean you're a commie?

Does using linux mean you're a commie?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/au/news/bill-gates-and-other-communists/
viator.com/Europe-tours/Air-Helicopter-and-Balloon-Tours/d6-g1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No it means you know how to computer

It means that you're a rugged individualist.

Yes. Use TempleOS.

Free software is one of the few places that communist practices work, since software is post-scarcity (you don't run out of copies).
You can see how poorly this translates to real life resources though. The vast majority of linux users contribute very little, with a small amount really providing the development for the rest. This would obviously fail in the case of real resources because a small few could not provide for the rest.

Do you care about what you eat?

Do you care about what you feed your computer?

Does using Windows mean you're a Nazi?

No, it just means you can't play any of the games you want to play.

>Do you care about what you eat?
No.
>Do you care about what you feed your computer?
Yes.

Lets talk about the free software dating scene.

As a twenty year old single male I think it's very hard to find a girl who's actually interested in free software. I've had girls jokingly ask to "Netflix and chill" but when I tell her that I don't use Netflix since Netflix requires proprietary software to stream content, they stop talking to me.
And worse if they do stay they think I'm weird since I blocked google IP's in my host file and we can't even watch youtube. I can't ever seem to get girls to come over to my place and I can't text them either.

Once I get their numbers since I've added customs roms to my phone and refuse to use sms since it's a security concern I require all of my friends to download a free and open source messaging app and I share with them my public gpg key so that we can verify that our conversations are secure. None of my friends are willing to do this.

And I can't use sites like tinder since it's not only proprietary software but a major privacy vulnerability. How come it is so hard to find a girl concerned about software freedom. I feel like I'm going to be a virgin forever.

Btw the this post is GPLv3. So feel free to use it however you want but please send you changes back to me.

Free software is becoming very important these days to maintain transparency and privacy.

Free software starts out pretty set back but rushes ahead of proprietary stuff given time.
Year of the Linux desktop now.

Nope. Linux is for free-market capitalism, Microsoft stands for corporate monopoly.

Also, Bill Gates is a known globalist/communist:
cnet.com/au/news/bill-gates-and-other-communists/

Sadly this.

it means you should install gentoo asap

I hope not, otherwise I will order the helicopter flight myself.

> /dev/null

Is Linux made by the guvbment?
No?
Not commie then.

>privacy.

A moot point since the hardware is compromised

Yes

Don't use hardware that is compromised then.

It's in everything

The fuck is with that flag

Not necessarily, you can just be a poorfag.

WTF where do you live mate? Inside the EU Parliament?

>using club penguin os

That's one of the problems with Linux. You ask linfags which one and you get a ton of different answers.

forgot to add then all of you end up arguing with each other about which one.

Don't learn to use free stuff goyim, buy my super cool windows 10 system so I can monetize your faps directly from your desktop!

Bullseye.

who ubuntu pleb here?

Yes. Free software is communist in origin.

The GPL and similar freetard licenses that force software developers to share their code to the world is literally no different than commissars coming in and seizing a farmers crop yields. It's absolutely unethical and people should opt for capitalistic proprietary software instead.

At least you're drinking cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

>t. microsoft employee

Got a hearty kek out of this one.

>buy
>software

Ahahahaha, it's a collection of ones and zeros, I spend money on real things.

Gentoo is the best Linux version

>He doesn't run FreeBSD as his OS
>He doesn't run Fluxbox as his WM

I know that feel bro

Ubuntu 16 with Unity.

This is why i stopped being a freetard.
I still run GNU/Linux since it's superior master OS, but i have a few proprietary apps installed :^)

PeppermintOS

antergos if you're lazy.
Otherwise just install arch.

>antergos
Eww, no. Debian is the best distro for being lazy.

If you want a rolling release desktop you better be technically inclined and you should just go with Arch.

There is a whole bunch of degenerate lefties in FOSS community, but Linux (kernel) and all associated software around it wouldn't be possible without free market.
> What is Linux foundation
> Whats RHEL/SUSE/Debian F./Cannonical?

To answer your question - no, it does not mean you're a commie. It just means you spend half of your time configuring and fixing desktop features, that all became stable and reliable on Windows/OSX a decade ago. If it's your particular brand of autism feel free to join.
> t. Redeyed foss contributor.

no it doesnt. just use windows / iOS why would you fuck around with anything else jesus christ.

I'm a fedora pleb, I was thinking about switching to arch.
It depends, on one hand you have a lot of people using linux because it's "free!" on the other, especially if you work in a science field it's pretty much your only option.

Depends only the truly red-pilled used linux. (TAILS)

Using proprietary software is a form of feudalism.

Yes,use our "free" product.

TAILS aint gonna protect you from intel ME or UEFI or anything else the cia fucked up.

I do retarded shit like contantly deciding I need a hard drive in a different computer or wanting to use a different laptop as my dd, and Antergos has been going great for me as a way to get Arch without the needlessly long install process that only makes sense if you have genuine size constraints. It's been stable for me as well so I wouldn't say you need to know what you're doing, but then if you're not taking advantage of the repos then it's as good as any distro.

I've used Debian and don't mind it, but it's not much of a lazy install when you need to fuck around with wireless drivers. I've had it be stupidly slow to install as well. Being apt based is enough that I don't want to go back to it.

I can relate. I had a friend who wrote a script that picked random videos from a local library and played them. Library consisted of stuff downloaded from torrents. TV shows, movies mostly. But in theory it could play anything. Slap a netflix icon on it linux and they might not know the difference.

There are install CDs with nonfree firmware loaded. And it's not a problem if you have a good wifi chipset like an Intel or hardwired ethernet.

>current year
>using winbot

Ahahhhaah

Unity is a piece of shit macOS wanna be

o fuc

>freeBSD
>At desktop,
Bruh...

Dont do it, arch is a shitty Sup Forums maymay

>software is post-scarcity

I guess the addition of non-free installers are good, though it's pretty recent from what I can see. Ethernet is still a pain since you're stuck going out of your way to install drivers, which is enough that I wouldn't recommend it to someone new to Linux.

It means you are at the same time against private control of trivial ideas and the value of individual labour.

So, probably yes, but us capitalists really really like free stuff.

On that note, just keep giving everyone - including us - your time and ideas for free, so we can turn around and patent slight variations of it.

This. Let's all just go to sleep lads.

I've used GhostBSD and would prefer to use TrueOS, it was as hardcore an experience as Ubuntu. Meaning plug it in and it works. I've played games on Wine and whatnot.

Dropped it because FreeBSD's filesystem gone broke after an power outage and i couldn't restore it.

God I'm tired of sleepposters

Isn't Unity from finland?

>I'm tired
Good user! You know what you have to do when you're tired right?

Denmark

Not recent at all. Of course they're unofficial but they've been around for a while.

I've literally never had to install ethernet drivers. And I've installed Debian on all sorts of computers. Not sure what exotic hardware you're using.

>Unity.
>Denmark.

That explains why it almost fits together like Legos, but they leave out all the little bits - like SharedMutex and consistency between editor and runtime.

Oh, fucking, well. It substantiated the basis for my income for nearly 5 years. I hated every minute of it.

I don't mean ethernet drivers, I mean if you use ethernet you still need to install the wireless ones afterwards.

Not if you only use ethernet like a sane person.

Yes goyim, "Free Software" is for Communists. Remember how nothing is truly free?
Just like Facebook is free obviously they're selling your data!
Anyone can read the source code meaning anyone can find vulnerabilities and hack it.
Don't forget to pay for our windows licence!

Canada is fucking gay but this is a good post

>there are a lot of great versions
>problem

Yes. Better dead than Red.

I've used Ubuntu for years. (Typically go with Xubuntu since the Unity DE became a thing, though I know I could go back to Gnome if absolutely desired.)

This year I got into Arch, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Check out the Deepin DE. I've installed LXqt on a couple older computers as well, and it looks and runs well.

The only commie I know exclusively uses linux, so I'm going with yes

>decentralized volunteer-created OS
>commie
Pick one

>eu.gif
Get booking:
viator.com/Europe-tours/Air-Helicopter-and-Balloon-Tours/d6-g1

Too right swede bro far-out fuck this gmo bs.

Charity is communism.

Dingus communism forces you to work doing shitty unproductive things like making 4 million pairs of shoes that aren't water resistant.

>""""free"""" software
>he doesn't know that companies like Intel, Nvidia, Redhat, Microsoft, etc employ people to contribute to Linux development

Yup, all kike companies run by the zog.
Use openbsd if you only want to suck Theo's cock and be "free".

Realistically speaking, templeOS is the only CIA nigger free OS there is.

>browsing Sup Forums all day long on my super komputr with TempleOS
>realize it has no networkings
Just Terry things... praise.. the holy oracle.

>Realistically speaking, templeOS is the only CIA nigger free OS there is.
Amen.

Not sure about the link with gommunism, however it's like veganism, they litterally can't keep their noise-hole silent on this subject.

...or maybe a self-assembled MINIX. Also fun.

no, it means youre a sadistic fuck who wants to fix random stupid shit with your pc all the damn time. better than forced updates and apple bullshit though.

Linux isn't commie but GNU sure as hell is.

linux is useful if you program a lot. there's also a huge community so if you ever need to know how to do anything it's pretty easy to find out.

What a shit thread. Not a single mention of BolgenOS.

It's like none of you want to be truly free...

>playing games
Real men entertain themselves by bulding video card drivers from source code not playing games

underrated

As a scientist we have to use Linux since it makes some operations on terminal easier and a lot of essential software is developed almost exclusively for that platform.
Most people I know use Ubuntu that is not full commie like GNU, but I know one or two phD bioinformatics that are full shills for the free software movement and they make their classes half commie manifesto and half cringe worthy rants

Guess what

[spoiler]They both got their grades on Commiefornia [\s]

No, BUT I never recommend full linux if you do something other than basic office stuff, Browse internet, movies and things like that, because when you have to deal with emulators or not fully supported programs is better windows or at least dualbot

kek

> Gentoo
> endure total assrape once, but then it's gonna work like a Swiss watch, unless you're a lamer

> Windows
> Easy to install, but then BSODs, lags, always slow as shit on laptops, programs hang all the time, yet every fucking software company licks their ass, so every time I want to play a game or do my homework (VS15 is a requirement), I have to curse the world and boot up this crap again.

Because it's useful.

Fixing "random shit" doesn't happen any more frequently for me than it does on Windows. Driver issues are practically a non-issue for me, but I know they would be on Windows.

Don't use unstable, bleeding-edge distributions and you won't have shit break.

I don't see how free software can be considered communist.

Free software is a license term, who contributes is not relevant beyond who holds the copyright to that code.

Debian if you want stable