Immigrants Make Food Cheap

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/04/04/study-undocumented-farm-workers-put-food-system-risk/100036382/

The report notes an increasing recognition that the industrial produce and animal production and processing of U.S. agriculture by 2 million farm workers “would collapse without the immigrant and migratory workforce,” up to 75% of which is estimated to be undocumented.

Eliminating immigrant labor would reduce the U.S. dairy herd by 2.1 million cows and would increase the retail price of milk by 90%, the report notes, citing an August 2015 Texas A & M AgriLife Research study, prepared under contract for the National Milk Producers Federation.

Bruce Goldstein, president of the non-profit Farmworker Justice, which seeks to empower seasonal farmworkers, agrees.

“The publicized threat of deportations of undocumented workers has instilled tremendous fear among farmworkers and their children,” he said. “Their kids are coming home in tears, asking if their families are going to be split up. Parents are reluctant to go to public places, including courthouse and schools for fear of immigration agents waiting to arrest them.”

“The fear of immigration enforcement is far higher than it’s been in many years,” Goldstein said.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepennyhoarder.com/jobs-making-money/side-gigs/like-work-outside-make-28-hour-picking-apples/
twitter.com/fjed
990.erieri.com/EINS/521196708/521196708_2014_0c1c37c5.PDF
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-01/milk-spilled-into-manure-pits-as-supplies-overwhelm-u-s-dairies
wsj.com/articles/americas-dairy-farmers-dump-43-million-gallons-of-excess-milk-1476284353
fox17online.com/2015/05/31/farmers-forced-to-dump-milk-processing-plants-full/
wsj.com/video/farmers-dumping-millions-of-gallons-of-milk-amid-glut/5C40B9AF-4BAC-4E58-ADF6-4131BD0E2FA7.html
farmanddairy.com/news/dump-your-milk-california-dairymen-say-two-day-dump-would-help-market/12110.html
youtube.com/watch?v=N16TIaUiBCE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Know what makes it cheaper?

Robots.

So what you're saying is that if we got rid of the illegals, farmers would upgrade their equipment or actually pay fair wages, and welfare assholes would have to actually find jobs in order to be able to buy food? Wow, sounds awful!

So you want prices to go up so poor people can't afford food as much? I agree with the rest of it...

>Bruce (((Goldstein))), president of the non-profit Farmworker Justice
Of couuuuurse.

>So you want prices to go up so poor people can't afford food as much? I agree with the rest of it...
Implying poor people eat tomatoes, fruits and salad

I'm a poor NEET and I just had a burger with salad and tomatoes :(

The same could have been said about slaves.

Poor people will have to get better jobs, work more hours, or prioritize more of their budget towards food. None of that makes me feel bad.

What about the ones who can't and starve?

>Bruce Goldstein
It's not even funny any more

Having lettuce and tomato on your burger doesn't count as a salad.

>if we get rid of this slave labor corps the price of goods will go up dont be rayciss and deport our slave labor
This is where i find myself getting furious at other liberals. Yall are so concerned with being progressive that you argue in favor of giant corporations creating virtual slaves out of illegal immigrants RRREEEEEEEEEE

>Bruce Goldstein, president of the non-profit Farmworker Justice, which seeks to empower seasonal farmworkers, agrees
>Goldstein

That's my point, you use vegetables for relish. Even if the cost of salad and tomatoes doubled, it wouldn't really affect your budget. Our countries need jobs more than we need cheap fresh fruits and veggies.

>prepared under contract

Well I'm sure there's no reason why this federation would want to ensure a reliable flow of cheap labour.

>mfw lefties are the slave owners and we're the abolitionists

Also
>nonprofit

Wonder what his paycheck looks like.

they terk er jerbs!

I put some lettuce in dressing I made on the side and I ate it with some cherry tomatoes.No bully!

Would be lovely if we subsidized fruits and vegetables at anywhere near the rates we subsidize grain production here in the U.S.

What if I like both strawberries and beef?

What if I like strawberry on my beef?

Know what would really make it cheaper?

European people actually doing work instead of chasing their stupid dreams as a programming artist barista

>Goldstein

Immigrants make rent more expensive and keep wages low. I'll take more expensive food for cheaper rent and higher wages.

Wait, you are saying that if I genocide my entire race and become a cuckold I will get cheap rice?

WHERE DO I SIGN?

>So you want prices to go up so poor people can't afford food as much?
Given our rampant obesity crisis, a few hamplanets not getting their third dinner would be a good thing.

Yes, slaves makes pickin crops cheaper. Everybody already fucking knows this.

Or let the price increase, giving people even more reasons to take the time of growing their own.

moar corn syrup

I lick in an apartment. I think if we spent the money we spend now subsidizing corn and wheat and meat producers on fruits and veggies even poorfags like me could afford to eat healthfully for cheap even if prices do go up. And stopping importing Mestizos leaves more money in the budget for food for poor people, at least that's how it should work.

Abolish the minimum wage. Problem solved.

>(((Goldstein)))

Every fucking time.

>salad with dressing
Stop that user.

>lose job to illegals
>now have zero income
>illegal labor lowers price of milk by .07
>but no money
>have to compete with neighbor for job so I ask for $4,000 less than him to get job
>now I've lost $4,000 to an illegal
>but I save .07 a gallon on a once a month purchase

I knew our education system was bad but not this fucking bad.

"Goldstein said"
Do (((they))) even notice?

and (((we))) would of gotten away with it, if not for you meddling Nazi's

why? its just balsamic vinaigrette.

Maybe Illegals should become the new Senators and Congressmen in the States, since they are so cheap and effective.

You raise a good point.
Some euro trash was telling me he "only" pays 50% tax and its great because he gets to work only 40 hours a week fucking lol.

Absolutely this
yurocucks need to shape the fuck up

White girls are also able to cook filet mignon

It's almost as if USAToday is saying slavery is a good thing and should be encouraged.

wow this board is so anti semetic how disgusting

>body like that
>attached to face like that

What a shame.

I mean Europeans worldwide, not just Yurocucks

>euro trash was telling me he "only" pays 50% tax and its great because he gets to work only 40 hours a week
Nice, I wish I had it that easy.

Aren't 90% of farm jobs supposed to be automated by 2030? globalists only argument kinda gets blown uttlerly and irrevocably out of the water whenever automation is mentioned.
also:
>(((Goldstein)))
here's a (you) for all your effort.

>slave labor makes products cheaper
Same argument
Different century

>(((goldstein)))
EVERY TIME

I doubt labour plays much of a factor in the cost of making food since most parts are heavily automated.

For example picking apples, which is the most labour intensive part of apple farming, costs ~$28 per 1000 pounds or 2.8 CENTS per pound.

thepennyhoarder.com/jobs-making-money/side-gigs/like-work-outside-make-28-hour-picking-apples/

>Oh no if you take away our slaves we would be forced to raise the prices with 6 million percent!! You wouldn't be able to afford food! You'd starve! Do you see now why it's in your own best interests that I give jobs to illegals instead of you?

The fact that so many people fall for this is just proof how retarded they are.

>Goldstein
EVERY

SINGLE

TIME

not every crop can be picked by machine though

This is literally the same argument used by southern slave owners a century and a half ago as to why we cant take their niggers away and deport them

That is why I made a note about the apples. They are picked by hand and that doesn't add much to the price per pound.

>implying "white girls" arent all disgusting whores

>hamplanets

Fucking kek

Blame the likes of Tony Blair who wanted every kid to go to uni, even if it meant eroding the value of education, destroying the working class trades and filling people's heads with mind destroying useless shit like 'gender queer niqab feminist theory'

No one starves in the US. We have morbidly obese people who have never worked a day in their lives.

That pic makes no sense. Black girls are way tighter than white girls.

I'm willing to pay more if that means there are fewer spics in my country.

Six figures, at least - If its a salary, that's an expense, so a higher salary makes it easier to be non-profitable.

If farm jobs became a viable option for american citizens wages would have to rise across the board for all low-skilled jobs.

My wife and I eat healthy and it's very expensive already. 10oz of baby spinach is $7. There is no way people on EBT are spending $7 for an amount of spinach that makes two salads, so the point is moot. In any case, the argument makes no sense because whatever the farmer is saving by hiring illegals is being paid for by taxpayers either way. The penalty for hiring illegal aliens needs to be made a felony equivalent to human trafficking. There would be no need for a wall or any other bullshit. The problem would sort itself out immediately.

>Bruce (((Goldstein)))

So sick of Sup Forums being always right. Also I'm laughing at this kike heading an organisation called 'Farmworker Justice', he's never picked a tomato or done anything approaching real work in his life

Those strawberries need lots of mayonnaise on it, which makes it shit.

What a nice fellow, he looks totally trustworthy too, would lend my life savings/10.

>Goldstein said
>((((Goldstein))))

America could do with a little less food. It'd get rid of a lot of fat niggers.

But then you'd be disrupting the spic-nig cycle!

>Goldstein
>Non-profit

I've been on pol too long.

Goddamn that dude looks like a turbo-kike

>slavery is good, goyem
>don't ya want your meats?
>can't have ya meats without the slavery!

> Bruce Goldstein
Naaaaaaah. Not this much infiltration, surely.
> If we don't pay these people shit then how we gonna eat?
USAToday is just the ignorant messenger. It is a Goldstien PLANTATION OWNER, saying this shit.

let me tell you something
the cost of having an item in the store is 70% rental, transport and overheads, the cost of producing most commodities is easily less than 10% of what you pay

I don't care.
They are here illegally, they have to go back.
Cut all the welfare (and the MIC welfare) the Marxists have setup in this country and is running our debt up, and you'll see people picking up those jobs.
I used to do those jobs when I was young.
There is nothing wrong with working in the fields, I did it, and I'm a white guy.
Illegals, "they have to go back."

>Bruce (((Goldstein)))
twitter.com/fjed

Disgusting.

>if we pay people a decent wage our economy will collapse!
what did America mean by this?

Grow your own veggies you dumb fuck.

> #Dairy farms driving Idaho rural economy, #Chobani thriving. #Undocumented #farmworkers deserve #immigration reform

I hope he gets ass cancer.

$146,945.00

sauce 990.erieri.com/EINS/521196708/521196708_2014_0c1c37c5.PDF

+ $31,312.00

$178,257.00 in 2014

$1,xxx,xxx in assets. So this guy makes 15-20% of the revenues for the entire operation.

While some food would no doubt go to waste, workers wages will shoot up and food prices will shoot up. Gee whiz sounds so awful as opposed for paying welfare for the entirety of these leeches lives. One way or the other we pay for it and I'd rather pay more for my food than support a bunch of illiterate beaners.

>Liberals simultaneously arguing to raise the minimum wage and to keep costs down on food by underpaying illegal immigrants
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

this. fucking leftie double think

This is the limousine liberal. They get lots of money and tax shelters as well as government grants.

>Goldstein
Every fucking time

That doesn't some the problem of taxes paying the cost of supporting illegal immigrants.

The assets are probably controlled by the organization so they are tax free.

More like zero think, really. These people are fucking dumb.

Slaves make cotton cheap too

Not seeing a problem.

Leftists were not the abolishionists.

>immigrant labor
OK, now what about illegal immigrant labor?

>>>>>immigrants
>>>>>illegal immigrants

I see their bullshit mind games. Also big evil corporations pay them slave wages. But that's fine because someone has to pick their lettuce! Boy oh boy do I love people who aren't white!

.Eliminating immigrant labor would reduce the U.S. dairy herd by 2.1 million cows and would increase the retail price of milk by 90%, the report notes, citing an August 2015 Texas A & M AgriLife Research study, prepared under contract for the National Milk Producers Federation.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-01/milk-spilled-into-manure-pits-as-supplies-overwhelm-u-s-dairies

wsj.com/articles/americas-dairy-farmers-dump-43-million-gallons-of-excess-milk-1476284353

fox17online.com/2015/05/31/farmers-forced-to-dump-milk-processing-plants-full/

wsj.com/video/farmers-dumping-millions-of-gallons-of-milk-amid-glut/5C40B9AF-4BAC-4E58-ADF6-4131BD0E2FA7.html

farmanddairy.com/news/dump-your-milk-california-dairymen-say-two-day-dump-would-help-market/12110.html

> illegal immigrants
Undocumented workers, please.

> $178,257.00
Oy vey, it's pro bono, I swear
youtube.com/watch?v=N16TIaUiBCE

((((((GOLDSTEIN))))))))))))))))))))))

The whole point of work is to sustain yourself you fucking retard. If you have no organic food then whats the fucking point of slaving away?

>the farming industry would collapse without illegal labor

Has it occurred to no one that this is an issue that needs to be fucking rectified? This isn't even a racial thing, why is there a major industry that is wholly dependent on illegal labor that hasn't received huge crackdowns and reforms? Why do people just accept this?