What caused the American obesity epidemic?

What caused the American obesity epidemic?

How do we, the developed world, fix them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs
youtube.com/watch?v=EN6COaYLS_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What caused the American obesity epidemic?
Food...

>How do we, the developed world, fix them?
We don't.
It might sounds like shitposting but they actually do have the freedom to eat any amount of shit they want.

i swear to god. i understand the burger. i was in mcd the other day. i ate like 10 cheeseburger and i was still hungry.

>What caused the American obesity epidemic?
it doesn't exist, it's invented by the media

Don't let this distract you from the fact that if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

t. Delusional

Our food tastes good and we have tons of disposable income.

If we were poor and ate goat dick, we'd be skinnier.

>High fructose cor syrup in everything
>Simple natural ingredients replaced with chemical substitution.
Companies cutting corners in food production in order to turn a profit.

sedimentary lifestyle. Not only does no one exercise, but they spend the vast majority of their day sitting down and doing nothing. Most people spend every hour of their day without getting any exercise at all. Not even going for a walk.

another reason is that our food is shit. Everything is high fructose corn syrub Red number 10 genetically modified red meat that came from some god awful disgusting industrial scale slaughter house. As a rule, I eat NO red meat unless I myself or someone I know hunted it from the wild or got it from their farm. For health and ethical reasons, but then again, thats just me. Also, people hardly ever cook anymore. People are lazy and dont want to bother actually cooking a meal, and of course they dont want to spend the big bucks on every meal, so they just get shitty fast food for every meal.

I know plently of fucks who dont drink water. This is actually a thing. A good portion of Americans will go years without drinking water at all. All their liquids are soda or beer ect. This isnt a joke, I've met a good number of people who say they dont drink water because "it taste gross"

>sedimentary lifestyle

sedentary you illiterate dustmop.

pic related is OP winning a TimBits eating contest WITH HIS GF.

also, this is a pretty good doc about it

youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs

There's a kind of correlation between women entering the work force in droves during the war and post ww2...at the same time, gas stations started selling food and fast food chains exploded along with processed/microwavable food bc who the fuck has time to cook anymore and a la fat americans...then the cpus and vidya came along and obesity spiked

Lack of drive to work towards something and fast food and corn syrup

This.

Monsanto.

Add to that: lack of proper food regulation standards. And youve just about covered it.
Also, the fact that fast food is more easily accessible and cheaper than healthy natural foods cant help either.

>lack of proper food regulation standards.

what do you mean by that? our food is highly regulated in terms of being safe to eat; do you regulate the healthiness of food in your country?

I think Americans just have terrible eating habits. We have all-you-can-eat buffets with an enormous variety of foods, and people go back for platefull after platefull, and it costs about $10 per person.

I finally got my diet under control when I realized that I have zero willpower, so I simply cannot keep sweets or snacks at home. When I visit slim people and see all kinds of healthy as well as snack foods in their house I realize that some people either have incredible willpower or they just don't crave salted nuts and other crap the way I do.

>cheaper

its not though. Its cheaper to just go to the grocery store and buy food to make your own meals for a month than it is to just buy everything at fast food places. Its all lazieness or people just dont have time. There are poor fucks that have to works 14 hours a day and literally have no time for this shit.

A combination of a rise in sedentary lifestyles and corn subsidies.

The only reason American soda uses corn syrup instead of cane sugar is because corn is so heavily subsidized that it's cheaper than an already cheap plant grown in the third world.

There are tons of corn farms that would be operating at a loss were it not for federal money. They are literally paid to grow a plant the free market didn't even want.

Surplus of resources and people evolving to live without having to worry about finding food so they are comfortable gorging themselves are you dumb?

>BLART

Theres no such things as food shortages in the first world anymore, so as long as you have a bit of money you can eat like a big. You can get a stupidly high amount of non-essential and unhealthy food to eat for low prices. You can buy 4 pounds of sugar for less than 2 dollars, I know no one eats raw sugar (hopefully) but its just an example of the surplus

Chemically processed corn derivatives.

>don't drink water cause it tastes gross

Lol you mean that stuff from the toilet?

Processed food. That's the problem taking the world over.

You will noticed that countries were people stop cooking get an obesity problem.

SOLUTION : buy your own products. Select for quality over "healthy" ads bullshit. Cook yourself and eat.

Avoid premade shit. Avoid Restaurant/fast food shit.

You want something ? COOK IT YOURSELF.

By the way, you will also notice you actually acquire taste. Industrial food is always the same cheap formula Fat + water + salt + sugar + artificial flavors + preservatives. Americans think something taste good because it has 400% artificial flavor that burns their tongs. But if you start selecting your own product, find recipes online and cook yourself, you discover subtlety, a wide variety of tastes, complexity.

Ever heard an european saying "nah, it's too sugary for my taste"... for americans, there's never "too sugary", it's "never sugary enough". That's because they have been raised with corn syrup and spoiled by food industry.

Look at France, Japan, Korea. Their obesity level was low while it was exploding in USA. People wondered why ? "But the French eat fat stuff, they eat cheese, they drink whine and shit, Y THEY NO FAT ?!!! ". Because they had a culture of cooking. And in the part of their population where that cooking habit disappear and is replaced by premade shit and fast food, they become obese.

BUY NATURAL PRODUCTS, COOK, EXERCISE !

>. for americans, there's never "too sugary", it's "never sugary enough".

Lots of us hate bread that is so sweet it should be called cake, and the fact that everything has unnecessary sweetener, like peanut butter for example.

No he meant sedimentary lifestyle. You just stay there with food flooding in, and fat accumulate by sedimentation.

Minorities and the diseased poor.
That takes up 99% of the over-weight individuals.
Hispanics and Blacks make up way over half of all the obese here.
Impoverished whites take 3rd place.
Basically follow the lines of degeneracy and you'll find the fatties.

obesity is caused by too many calories. Sugar is the most addictive and is digested the quickest while satisfying one's appetite for the shortest time.

However, healthy eating is pure bullshit. The only thing that matters is not eating too few or too many calories.

Nice regulations America.
youtube.com/watch?v=EN6COaYLS_A

This is why universal healthcare should never happen in America. It works in countries where people are relatively healthy like Japan and some European countries. If I was in America, I would never want to subsidize some fat fuck's lifestyle by paying for their healthcare.

The asians and the french dont have an obesity epidemic because in their culture fat people get shamed. So the solution is pretty obvious

Well a huge problem is that the USDA's food groups and how much you're supposed to consume of them are fucked.

Animal fats and good animal protein should make up the bulk of your caloric intake. Instead people eat shit tons of bread and drink sugar.

>Regulation will fix it!
How exactly will regulation keep people from eating bad food? Are you going to ban certain foods based on calorie contents?

>The caloric ratio of fat to sugar is too high for this food! BAN IT!
>This food has too many ingredients! BAN IT!
>The maximum number of calories for a hamburger is 450 ± 10%! BAN IT!
kys

Sugar, coupled with the sugar industry bribing researchers to blame the problems on fat which gave rise to the vegan fad that is rooted in the idea of fats causing weight gain. But you'll still see a bunch of fat vegans because it's not fat, it's sugar and people for some reason still haven't realized this. Everything has added sugar these days, everything. The average human adult is probably only supposed to have about 15g per day, but has easily in the few hundreds. Each can of soda has 30-60g of sugar each, and people drink multiple ones.

oh idk, setting the bar where anybody with a little fat is considered obese. next. I guess they were selling something.