When did you realize that homesteading is the ultimate redpill? It fosters independence...

When did you realize that homesteading is the ultimate redpill? It fosters independence, understanding of natural laws and inheritance, higher birthrates, and unless you're a complete retard, you can't fail after you get established.

You're not still falling for the supermarket food jew, are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

ss.lv/lv/real-estate/farms-estates/tukums-and-reg/
ss.lv/msg/lv/real-estate/farms-estates/tukums-and-reg/zemites-pag/nlplh.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE
youtu.be/1rKXcFQIGHM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm currently saving up to do that.
It's my dream.

Same.

Fucking expensive as shit though. Atleast here.

£10,000 an acre. And 90% of it is shitty soil that you'll need to fix for 4 years before you can even begin plating crops and doing a rotation.

The 10% of decent irrigable land goes for £25,000 upwards.

Yeah homesteading aint gonna work on your shitty little overpopulated island bud

Permiculture is the redpill inside the homesteading redpill

Yea

ss.lv/lv/real-estate/farms-estates/tukums-and-reg/

Poorer parts of europe are pretty based

Literally heaven. Fuck cities, man.

It isn't over populated though.
We actually have a ton of open land. The problem here is farmers don't do crop rotation and after a few years the soil isn't fertile enough for crops and it starts to disease whatever crop they've been growing for the last decade and so they sell up.

The third one down for 70k euro looks pretty good.

Lately I'm eating two lbs of cauliflower a day, a few cups of spinach, and 300g of rice. I need supermarket kikes for this appetite!

what the fuck

you can get a homestead for under 20k over there?

I'm in Southern Idaho. There's some small towns I'm eyeballing around the region.
The thing is I want a fast cable Internet connection and within driving distance of an organic grocery store. There's only a handful of towns that meet these standards.

I'm saving for this too

>when the Permiculture so good the ZOG raid the veggie garden

When did you realize that it is physically impossible for every person to take up homesteading, OP?

if I can get a reliable, one-time investment thing going with renewable energy I'm in.

What's the most redpilled livestock to keep?

chickens. mind themself, fun to hang with and make good food just by being alive

I like the idea but other than watching Varg I've never taken steps toward it.

No intention of buying a house, I'll probably start living out of a van when it's time to get away from my parents place.

Goats
or Lamas

probably goat

How about Aquaponic Gardening? See some crazy shit people have grown in short amounts of time using fish.

llamas are assholes

I'm more inclined to go live in Alaska or northern Canada alone, living on mainly deer, fox, etc.

Plus you'll be too tired every day from working to post here.

a win win situation.

You'd not want just one sort unless it's just poultry.

If your getting grazers be varied. Sheep, goat and a cow or two is usually enough to ensure the grass is kept down and plenty of manure riches the earth.

I'd literally have no clue how to set any of that stuff up.
All I know is the methods using soil and such.

I'll look into it though.

Chickens to start.
Then goats.
Then a cow or two if you have the space.
You should have bees too.

Don't bees die in the winter?

Depends on your specifics.

Starting with chicken is the usual advice, and for good reason. Chickens are easy and prepare you for how things really are with livestock, and your fuck ups will be on a small enough scale that it's not a big deal.

Rabbits aren't bad either, but I'd still recommend chicken because they're much easier to kill when you get to know what little fuckers they are. This advice is tailored to your typical city person that hesitates to kill a mouse, though.

I'm thinking of studying agricultural science at uni. focus on growing (seemed like the more fun curriculum/job prospect). what do you think? the inspiration was learning how hampered russia is by only having agriculture in it's south west. farming is so important, it goes well with my interest in politics

i and a buddy had a house when we were 17, with a huge garden
we had sheeps, chickens, donkeys, horses etc
planted seeds, harvested them
we spent like 40 euros a month in the supermarket, for shampoo and stuff, but we basicially had our own farm and we had enough to eat with the things we produced
we could have even started selling stuff
it was pretty cool, i mean its alot of work, but it pays off
its kinda strange tho, i guess its the ultimate redpill if you can finance yourself with it, but we both had a job at that time, and its strange to live the modern life, and then go back to your field and animals

to be fair you can't really grow much in siberia

What is everyone growing this year?

Im growing.

tomatoes
potatoes
chillies
Spring onions
Shallots
butterhead lettuce
Salad bowl lettuce
Mixed salad leaves.
Spearmint
chocolate mint
oregeno
chives
thyme
rosemary
basil
radishes
mustard
cress
And lots of swiss chard.

This. Permaculture is the true Redpill.

Even in Canada, they can survive just fine. Friend of mine raises a lot and he just gives then 4 inches of styrofoam insulation to keep them living on easy mode. Bees produce a lot of heat.

Take that shit off in summer, obviously.

Queen doesn't

Chickens and pigs.
Sheep are nice too, herding with your trusty dogs is comfy as fuck.

Same here. City life is not for me.

U ever take a minute to think about why bees store all that honey in their hives? What could it possibly be for? Hmmm

Canada and America are the most suitable for this. Endless cheap fertile land.

>Southern Idaho
Get ready to be a refugee when the grid goes down and those stations stop pumping water to your desert.

Goats, chicken and rabbits.
>goats = milk
>chicken = eggs
>rabbits = fertilizer

My dad talks about slaughtering animals. He lived on a farm and did the whole "slaughter your pet pig" thing as a child. Learned not to give animals names and such.

Apparently slaughtering a pig involves boiling it in a bathtub.

Me, as well.

Start now, bucko. Now is the time to get seeds and make a plan. Even if you live in an apartment, you have windows. There are also community gardens all over. Get experience.

Once you start, it becomes an addiction. Your first attempts will likely be small and disappointing though. You'll get better in time.

So? Do what's good for you. If the rest of humanity wants to suffer, let them.

>fast cable Internet connection and within driving distance of an organic grocery store.
>organic grocery

grow your own, idiot.
and lots of youtube from people living in middle of nowhere, they manage to upload stuff.

No, it's not that they WANT to suffer you retard, it's that the world is so overpopulated and there's not enough land left to where everyone can just decide to go homesteading. It's sad I even have to explain this. How fucking old are you?

When i was old enough to understand that i was living on one. I fully agree. You get to take part of all aspects of life when you have animals and plants; births, deaths, everything. It is the ultimate redpill. Get a small property, some animals, a wife, and some kids. That is _the_ ultimate redpill. Everything else is wrong.

Aquaponics can produce lots of food but you must keep on top of the water chemistry. It can get out of balance quickly but you can fix most problems as long as you notice before it gets too far out of tolerance.

>ss.lv/lv/real-estate/farms-estates/tukums-and-reg/

this one is not bad either.
ss.lv/msg/lv/real-estate/farms-estates/tukums-and-reg/zemites-pag/nlplh.html

Anyone here played a videogame called "Haven & Hearth"? It's what got me into the idea of homesteading, basically in that game you live a natural lifestyle and build your farm from the ground up, and one day when playing it i realized "why don't i just do this in real life?". Now i'm just saving up money and making plans. I'm serious about it though, i'm not gonna go full "Into the wild" retard mode, i just wanna live a more natural country life. Pic related it's the game

You don't get it. Most of the world doesn't want to homestead, and that's they're loss.

Once again, why are you not able to homestead just because everyone else can't homestead? Answer the question instead of ignoring the sticky.

This. Land and taxes are stupid cheap in the states. Even in some really nice areas.

what about you take next vacation to volunteer to work in farm, first ?

You know, test the waters first. Gather some real life experience before going full New Age Kibbutz "oh noez why i suck at growing stuff"

I never thought of that idea... Thank you French Polynesia bro.

Most non-whites can't really grasp the concept of time/effort now = big payoff later so agriculture is going to become a long lost science, just like all the other useful stuff that only whites can provide to this world.

Asian will of course greedily horde this knowledge for themselves, letting the rest of the world rot in the process even as asians begin to stagnate and implode upon themselves as they always do.

What is clear though is that western civilization has hit the wall and we are heading straight back to the stone ages because whites will never be allowed to have their own racially homogeneous countries ever again, which were the only true source of progress and prosperity in this cursed world.

It can be done. I am nearly there now.
The biggest threat to self sufficient living are influence from outside forces

new zeeland is like a mecca for that kind of stuff. believe it's called woofing

My goal, too.

Years ago I wanted to move to a big city, be a busy-body, go out, etc. I couldn't even imagine being that person now.

I want to find a place say five or so miles from a little city, set up a little farm, and if I can get some decent wi-fi I'll be good.

yeah, check online if there some hippies in your area that does permaculture or public gardening or some stuff like that. You could learn small scale gardening with them. It's nearly impossible to upscale their technics cause you would need a loot of manpower to do the job. If you go to a pro farmer, the dude will probably work hectares with heavy machinery.

Both have their challenges.

Maybe you could find a small scale family farm that might even do some bnb or green tourism.

I dunno, there's a wide range of opportunities, with different practical knowledge to learn.

CUTE

youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

>what about you take next vacation to volunteer to work in farm,
>I never thought of that idea.
>yeah, check online if there some hippies in your area that does permaculture or public gardening

the swede needs to google....
richard perkins
ridgedale permaculture

Goddamn, fuck off with this being "redpilled" bullshit. You only make yourself sound like a fucking retard. You want to (or have to) live in a shed? More power to you. Stop trying to reframe your shitty life as a noble, philosophical decision. You're just too ugly or poor to take bluepills, is all, so you retreat into this delusion that hating everyone and living in a drafty box on someone else's land is somehow going to make you worth the air your breathe. Not gonna happen. You suck now (which is why you're desperately trying to "redpill" yourself and people around you on how awful it is to be what you can never be) and you're going to suck doublehard once you're living in the woods like a goddamn neanderthal.

Good riddance, you walking crap taco. Enjoy being a delusional, antisocial luddite. The rest of us will be living in a dozen robot bodies and wormholing across space and time while the sun steadily devours you and all your idiot, inbred, halfwit spawn.

Just what the modern world needs. More subsistence farmers. That will surely advance science and industrial development.

you're harshing my mellow man

Thank you for your wisdom Anons. Take my rarest pepe as a sign of gratitude.

what you meant to say was
>more philosopher kings
yes, yes the world does need that.

Wonder what user would build if I let him live in my yard for 10 years rent free

Holy shit bro, me too. That game rings so close to my heart in so many ways. Even the mundane shit is so rewarding. Feels like real life more than many things in your day-to-day.

Navel gazers thinking they do anything of value.

>That will surely advance science and industrial development.

Start by using basic farming techniques then implement more advancements like drone crop dusters and harvest automation.

Farming is science.

>That game rings so close to my heart in so many ways.

Yeah isn't it kind of cool? I felt the same when i played it. It teaches you a lot of stuff about farming and animals and survival, really cool game. It's fun to see someone else who enjoyed it. The developers put a lot of effort into that game and i'm grateful for it.

Fuck yeah h n h currently obsessed

>tfw homestead already
I am 100% self sufficient. Just before winter I erected a wind mill, now I have large electric reserves. The black land here is some of the most fertile in the world. Don't need to irrigate.

The only thing I have to have is a part time job to pay for my property taxes and internet. I don't necessarily need it, I can live without.

I was fortunate enough to inherit my house and land. I have 10 acres and a 6 bedroom farm house. needs renovations, really, but it works. We use a wood stove for heat in the winter and deal with the heat in the summer. Single pane windows, no natural gas.

Just buy a few Omega carousels and stick them in a greenhouse, mane.

Everyone wants to live in cities. And here I am living on my acres in the countryside. 30 minutes from a Walmart.

These ones were hatched yesterday

Here's us founding our village just after the launch... Good memories.

:'^)
desu the unwavering dilated pupil of grown chickens freaks me out a bit

(((Taxes))) requiring you to be """(((profitable/productive)))""" make the viability of homesteading questionable.

For sure. That game was my companion through many periods of depression, just building a nice garden would be so relaxing. Eventually I reached the same conclusion you did. Why would I want to spend my life doing anything other than building nice things for my loved ones?

Better than stardew valley?

Also nice mining operation senpai, I know how hard that is

If anything those small sancutaries will be last places of civilizatio if shtf. Also living off the land in this day and age does not mean you have to forsake all technology. You would probably gain more mechanical and electronical knowledge then the average city hipster by maintaining your own ham radio and internet connection.

Same here my dude. Land in Maine is pretty cheap. The growing season is short and the winters are hard but with the knowledge I have of hunting, fishing, gardening, and food preservation and my girlfriend's background in raising livestock and work as a veterinary assistant I think we'll be all set. Just gotta get the capital to start everything off. Luckily I've also got a background in construction so I won't need to buy into the contractor Jew to get started.

That's heartwarming to hear! I wish you good fortunes with your future homestead plans. And yeah that mining was rough, haha. But we had some dedicated players (autism) working together for the project on teamspeak, and i had a good music playlist to help me deal with the boring mining.
I never did play that game, i'm not playing vidya any more because it was pulling too much time from my real life pursuits. I knew i had to move on.

How are you going to make a drone from your home stead? Gonna make your own micro chip fab and develop that?

Specialization is the key to advancement. I pay a farmer to farm so I can do my job.

No doubt science has a roll in farming, but farmers are not doing very much science.

Are we going full circle? Are Sup Forumstards going full hippie? Communes are out there, you can join one for free.

Its so wonderful seeing Sweden go through the same nogging we did. It really isn't the end of the world and there are ways to cope with your cities being overrun.

People that would operate a radio system would do that anywhere. Normie hipsters would still be normie hipsters even if you put them on a farm.
This doesn't advance civilization. It at best stagnates.

I hope that by near the end of my life robots will be doing all the work and I'll be enjoying full days of free time. Going out to be a subsistence farmer isn't helping anything

100% this.

You can only save the West by focusing on its core elements - the family, marriage - strengthen them, stop them from being undermined, and honour your duties.

Man is lost, they are ignoring their biological purpose, they have their head in the prison of infinite choice.

It's time to go back to what made our civilisation prosper in the first place, it's time to go back to family...

youtu.be/1rKXcFQIGHM

European sustenance farming was cooler, live in the village and walk out to your fields. All the benefits of the city with the natural satisfaction that comes with farming.

>Apparently slaughtering a pig involves boiling it in a bathtub
scalding and scrubbing with a wire brush afterwards helps remove the hair

I wish I could homestead but I work in heavy tech and need to be working downtown chicago.

Looking forward to those flying personal transport drones though. Praying for the day its easier to access the city.

Do you still asume that it will only go better from now on?

Your island is a problem but you can do compost maybe sheep or alpacca or something and fix your own soil.

Just take the L bro its very convenient

Like how it connects to the metra stations