When did you realize that buddhism was the one true religion?

When did you realize that buddhism was the one true religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

arthurcclarke.net/?interview=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never.

Not perfect but it's the best system we have

23 thanks to a 6 hour talk by Alan Watts where he traced it's beginnings in India through to present day.

It's an ideology like any other but the fact that it has checks and balances built in to stop its corruption leads me to believe its the only religion that can save this planet.

Twelve years ago I became a buddhist. "One true religion" is not a buddhist phrase. There are many paths to the truth and different religions are necessary for different people.

Is that Frank?

Maybe not the best figurehead for...well...anything besides mental illness caused by drug use.

No single religion has ever managed to score above 30% market-share. This data must tell us something.

the dharma and the christian god's plan are indistinguishable and most westerners get into buddhism because of childhood associated cultural turnoffs from equivalent paths in charity-oriented catholicism and evangelical protestantism

most westerners who call themselves buddhists are annoying as fuck and the general complacency and incompatibility of Buddhist cultural presentation came at the worst time possible for humanity

to add to this, there are the christians like Bach and Newton, Muslims, Hindus, and Jews produced great mathematicians and physicists; among those individuals you will find no symphonies or voyages to the stars among the passionless cult of siddhartha

Buddhism isn't a religion, and you can be any religion and still practice Buddhism.

On top of that, almost all religions besides random nonsense groups are telling the same ancient story.

>Indian religion
POO

IN

LOO

>Picture of George Harrison
>George Harrison was a Convert to Hinduism

WTF OP get it together here come on.

Let's take a look at the societies it produced.

Er, no, thanks.

You can't convert to Hinduism

And you can't poo in the loo.

He got you there.

Implying I've been trying to find the one true religion. I can't care less about religion. You want to be a Buddhist? Be a fucking Buddhist. I don't care.

>buddhism
>religion

FI: Do you see any value at all in the various religions?

Clarke: Though I sometimes call myself a crypto-Buddhist, Buddhism is not a religion. Of those around at the moment, Islam is the only one that has any appeal to me. But, of course, Islam has been tainted by other influences. The Muslims are behaving like Christians, I'm afraid.

FI: What appeals to you in Islam?

Clarke: Historically, Islam had a great deal of tolerance for other views and offered the world its priceless wisdom in the form of astronomy and algebra. And, as you know, Islam helped rescue Western civilization from the Dark Ages by preserving classical texts and transmitting them to the West. We, on the other hand, burned the library at Alexandria. If Islam hadn't fallen into internecine warfare and had gone on to conquer the rest of Europe, we'd have avoided a thousand years of Christian barbarism.

source: arthurcclarke.net/?interview=4

arthur c clarke confirmed as mudslime and a pedo gay nigger poo-in-loo faggot

Buddhism is really like Taoism-lite

t. Paki

There is no true religion.

around last autumn

Didn't the muslims burn the Library as well and the Caliph justified it by saying that if it's not the quran it should be burned for having profane ideas and if it has teaching of the quran they don't need it because they already possess the holy book?
Didn't islam expand by conquering and killing all the cultures around them, forcing mass conversions on the survivors? Don't they make you pay a tax if you're not muslim and want to live in muslim territory?
Where's this tolerance he's speaking of?
Dumb liar.

Nah that's Ringo

Its just hinduism for hipsters

>Didn't the muslims burn the Library
i believe romans did it? maybe i'm wrong..

>dumb liar

clarke was smart man.

>leaf education

Anyone who thinks Islam is better than Christianity is certainly dumb

he lived in the past century. times have changed since then - muslims became violent mudshits for some reason.

That's not Ringo either. It's George Harrison.

harrison was a hindu

Oh, you're dumb too. Sorry.

That dude on the far left. Is that Ram Dass??

Then you don't know the history of Islam it's spread was through the sword no other way they are been violent bastards all throughout history atleast Christianity had some good phases

>George Harrison
He was a Hindu and produced one child, with a fucking beaner. I'm not too sure about this dharma thing.

>Ramm Ass

>Ram Dass: The issue is touching the roots of a lot of philosophical positions we've had in this society. And it has shown a shift in the values of what we deem important in human relationships. I was working with a group of seven volunteers that were working with AIDS patients in Boston. These were all buddies of AIDS patients and all seven of them were gay. I've been bisexual all my life and I lived in the gay community and I realized that this was the first time that I was with a group of seven gay people where the dominant theme wasn't sexual.

(((Rammed Ass))) indeed.

Interesting guy. Former Harvard professor.

Quite a big scam tbqh as most of these gurus are

Sometimes I wonder if the Beatles lives, marriages and children suck so badly because they had sold their souls to the illuminati and were then tortured in typical illuminati slave fashion? They are undoubtedly so smart and red pilled yet they are connected to a very corrupt music corporation and they're always flashing Satanic hand gestures.

Well, I'm not sure if they are scammers. I think they, especially people like Ram Dass, were/are sincerely trying to map the human psyche. He's gathered a huge following, much like a cult leader, for sure but to say they are a scam, I wouldn't say that.

never did
>tfw chose the religion of peace