Tom Cotton's RAISE Act...we NEEEEEED to get this passed!!

Tom Cotton's bill. It will cut legal immigration by 41% next year and then phase it out over the next 10 years to 1/2 of the current level.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Committee_on_the_Judiciary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Call congressmen in your areas Sup Forums, we need to save America.

Hell yes! I'll get my WA state reps to get on board...

This is from February so what's it's current status?

Delusional. Companies will outsource. And what would US get? Lost payroll taxes and jobs.

Nevermind it still has the same status

>will cut legal immigration by 41% next year
>phase it out over the next 10 years
>to 1/2 current level

>41% is almost half the current level
>can't phase it out to any level but 0 of current level

hello mr cotton, how's everything going?

>10 years to cut it to half it's current level

It's been referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, which it must first pass. The Republicans have a majority there, but the NEED TO BE PRESSURED to vote in favor of it. Here is an alphabetical-by-state list of all of the Republicans on the Committee:
>Martha Roby (AL), Andy Biggs (AZ), Trent Franks (AZ), Darrell Issa (CA), Ken Buck (CO), Steve King, (IA), Raúl Labrador (ID), Ron DeSantis (FL), Matt Gaetz (FL), Doug Collins (GA), Mike Johnson (LA), Mike Bishop (MI), Steve Chabot (OH), Jim Jordan (OH), Tom Marino (PA), Trey Gowdy (SC), John Ratcliffe (TX), Lamar S. Smith (TX), Blake Farenthold (TX), Ted Poe (TX), Louie Gohmert (TX), Jason Chaffetz (UT), Bob Goodlatte (VA), Jim Sensenbrenner (WI)

PLEASE reach out to your representative if he is on this list.

easy.. less immigrants is more refugees, especially in the more populated areas. remember when they jammed up the airport to fight for more refugees?

Picture is of the list of members on the Committee. From: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Committee_on_the_Judiciary

Cut legal immigration from 1 million to 500k

That's just a slower death.

>Less immigrants is more refugees
The second part of the RAISE Act is that it sets a statutory limit on the number of refugees who can be allowed in the US each year. That number is 50,000 (which is the number Trump tried to set in his Executive Order). So this would prevent a future president from upping the number of refugees, like Hillary who wanted to up it to 160k.

might be a good start but I'm not convinced future presidents or congresses can't change it at all. in that case (((superpacs))) would still be illegal.

We need to get a rolling general for this, who has the balls to step up and ride the tiger?

too many rolling generals already, especially in the mornings. let's give up a few and talk about tom's new law after that.

>Congress could change it in the future
Congress CAN fucking change, AND THAT'S WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO DO. The law that is being changed by Cotton's bill is the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965. I see at least 10 threads on Sup Forums every day that bitch about that stupid fucking 1965 Act. Tom Cotton is introducing a bill that would amend the 1965 Act for the better. THIS IS WHAT WE FUCKING YEARN FOR. You are correct that in the future, a different Congress could come in an re-amend the 1965 Act. But look how hard it’s been to get an amendment on the current act. It’s not an easy or common thing, so when someone like Cotton pushes for it, we should throw all of our weight behind it

It's a gradual change. Just like immigration from the third world started at 1000 per year, then 25k, then 200k, then 1mil...

>cutting LEGAL immigration

White Europeans already have problems enough getting into this country, now you want to make it harder for them? How does this address all the sandniggers, chinks, spics, and poo in loos that still immigrate in?

A points-based system and english proficiency is all you'd need.

>No Minnesota on the committee
THANK
GOD

> White Europeans already have problems enough getting into this country
In addition to immigration being cut in half, the bill would “rebalance the system toward employment-based visas,” which his more likely white Europeans as opposed to unskilled 3rd world labor. Honest to God, this bill is the kind of shit everyone on Sup Forums dreams about. Our legal immigration will be severely reduced, and a larger proportion of those who are accepted are more likely to be white Europeans.

Borjas (harvard economist(?) sociologist(?)) says that immigrants generate $50bn / year in GDP. But, he also says that they consume $500bn / year in services and wear + tear on infrastructure.

Now, he does come out in favor of further immigration, but it's for sentimental reasons, he says everyone should get a chance. But his numbers are against it.

Employment-based? There'll be so many Indians. Still, any reduction is fine by me.

Look, the bottom line is that if you want to retain a white majority in America, there are 3 things you need to do: (i) cut illegal immigration, (ii) cut legal immigration, and (iii) maintain white birth rates. Trump is working to cut illegal immigration. Cotton’s bill cuts legal immigration in a way that is literally the best we could hope for at the present time. So support Trump and Cotton, and go out and make some babies.

The fact that I'm getting even one iota of pushback on this bill is literally beyond me.