Why is there not a single thread on the Senate Republicans' nuclear option to confirm Gorsuch as Justice?

Why is there not a single thread on the Senate Republicans' nuclear option to confirm Gorsuch as Justice?

This literally puts the Supreme Court back to 5-4 conservatives meaning Trump can now go to the Supreme to fight and win back previous defeats like the travel ban.

Plus Gorsuch is relatively young at 50 meaning this is a huge generational conservative piece in the Supreme Court.

And finally this seals the theft of taking away Obama's Supreme Court liberal candidate Merrick Garland last year.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-poised-to-limit-filibusters-in-party-line-vote-that-would-alter-centuries-of-precedent/2013/11/21/d065cfe8-52b6-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There were some discussion threads but they didn't really touch on the topic itself.
I think that Mitch did a good job using the Nuclear Option because there's no way the Democrats will flip the Senate in 2018.

Gorsuch isn't a conservative. He's a constitutionalist. If conservatives try to push something unconstitutional, Gorsuch will shoot it down. This is the most impartial judge the Republican party can present to the democrats.

washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-poised-to-limit-filibusters-in-party-line-vote-that-would-alter-centuries-of-precedent/2013/11/21/d065cfe8-52b6-11e3-9fe0-fd2ca728e67c_story.html

The Republicans took a major risk in refusing to appoint Garland because if a Democrat President won the election then they'd have to appoint an even more liberal judge and Garland was pretty moderate compared to Obama's earlier picks.

Please bump to troll shills

So you admit it was theft?

>This literally puts the Supreme Court back to 5-4 conservatives meaning Trump can now go to the Supreme to fight and win back previous defeats like the travel ban.
Gorsuch's confirmation probably holds off the eradication of the Ninth Circus by Congress for at least a little while.

The travel ban is DOA. Trump called for "a total and complete shut down on muslims entering the US". Any tard can realize that is unconstitutional.

Now, anything he does that is effectively a muslim ban, even if it doesn't say anything about muslims, will get shot down by the courts. The courts are allowed to "guess" what hes trying to do and if they "guess" hes trying to do a pseudo muslim ban, its shot down.

The way a clutch turnover in sports is 'theft'.

That is what the activist federal judges appointed by Obama believe they're allowed to do, you mean.

If Hillary won then America would have been fucked regardless.

Jewdicial activism is over ShariaBlue, sorry

>Trump can now go to the Supreme to fight and win
lmao. only if his neocon handlers tell him it's OK

I don't think you understand how the law works, you fucking mongoloid. That shit you spewed is the most inaccurate thing I have ever read about American law, and I enjoy laughing at sovereign citizens.

Is he getting confirmed or not?

Yes

>a total and complete shut down on muslims entering the US
I don't think that was ever part of the wording. The ONLY place that religion was referenced that I know of was US media calling it a "Muslim Ban".

Shut the fuck up and go read something. Quit listening to MSM.

These were country bans of countries that the previous administration bombed over and over, these are countries that have lacking central government and identification proofs of the people and these are bans against countries that have terrible track records for their treatment of fellow humans.

But the liberals think it is unfair to block a fag killing wife beater from entering our country without any proof of identity.

I like Gorsuch.
>This is the most impartial judge the Republican party can present to the democrats.
I thought it was a very nice peace offering. They know they can have whoever they want because NO MATTER WHAT they were going to have to use this nuclear option. They could have gotten ANYONE to be SCOTUS....They made a choice on a fairly clean cut guy. I would have gone more "right", but that is just me.

so much shit is happening so fast that nobody knows what is going on anymore

> trump called for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the US
Except that he didn't.

Do you guys seriously think that John Roberts would support Trump's side? Even with Gorsuch the travel ban would probably not be revived.

I'm just glad Garland isn't getting the job. I'm still not entirely convinced Scalia wasn't "removed" in order to try and swing the balance.

>Why is there not a single thread on the Senate Republicans' nuclear option to confirm Gorsuch as Justice?
/sg/ spazzing out about their king Assad

It paves the way for Pryor to be the next nom.
The court situation gets worse for the left.

The 9th circuit has 4 current vacancies 2 Nixon and 5 Carter appointees.Thanks to Harry Reid you only need a simple majority to confirm a nom.
Any replacements will be Scalia clones and while this won't turn it into a conservative bastion it will go from LWNJ to center right.

The left has no clue how badly they are beaten.

They should just do away with the filibuster entirely, instead of this stupid filibuster-unless-we-really-want-to-do-something.

Can Trump do it? Can he save the west by uncucking the States?

What? What conspiracy theory is this about Scalia?

BUMP

TODAY'S HEADLINE IN SANE WORLD:
>DEMS LOSE SUPREME COURT, LIKELY FOREVER

It's better than that because the 9th will most likely be getting a complete redesign.

No.
They can mitigate a fair amount of the idiocy these States engender by unfucking the federal Courts though.

Actual headline: In Unprecedented Consolidation of Power, Trump Seizes Highest US Court

Yeah, I bet the filibuster rule for legislation is on borrowed time now.

Like what?

New circuits to replace the current 9th which is way too big.

because shareblue wants to keep talking about Syria now that the Russia narrative has fallen. I wish these guys would just start committing suicide but they're too cowardly

There is a better than 50% chance that Trump gets to nominate another Supreme court justice.
There is a better than 30% chance that Trump gets to replace a demtard supreme court justice.

In either case, now that the nuclear option has been activated you no longer need to choose an 'electable' justice. This is very very bad news for the left.

tl/dr: Dems should absolutely not have gone nuclear on gorsuch. They are retarded

bad news for the left but will create extreme polarization in the future which will not be good either. The left might lose the supreme court for multiple generations.

I like Gorsuch. He's a big defender of the 2nd amendment. With him, I can actually own AR15's again in California and stop having my rights trampled upon.