Is there anything more stupid than nationalism...

Is there anything more stupid than nationalism? Why should I feel any fraternity with the 300 million strangers who happen to live within the same set of borders? Why should I identify as an "American"?

Because it is a nation of destiny. Because it is your home. Because greater men than you have held it sacred and paid for it with their blood.

Mostly because the rest of us will think you're a pussy if you don't, and there's nothing on Earth you can do to change that perception.

Why should I regard anything beyond my own house as my home? If you define home broadly enough, the entire world is a person's "home".

Because if you don't it creates a society of distrust and ultimately results in a shitty place to live. Unless of course, a higher-trust more nationalistic society conquers you.

The world is your home, in a sense. And in that same sense you should consider every man your brother. In the other sense, the nation is your home, and those fellow citizens are your brothers and sisters. In the other sense, your house is your home, and those within are obviously your brothers and sisters.

Keep these things where they belong, but don't just reject them out of fear or arrogance.

>Unless of course, a higher-trust more nationalistic society conquers you.

Why should this matter to me if I don't adopt nationalist in-group out-group thinking? If the other group of people conquering my "nation" results in better living conditions for me, why shouldn't I support their side?

Because they don't consider (you) part of their nation, fuckwit. Therefore you will be excluded.

You only hate nationalism because you flushed your ethnic heritage down the toilet
Hope the tea taxes were worth it :^)

because if there's no American identity people will have no problem letting in all of south America, which results in poorer living conditions for us

Is there anything more stupid than globalism? Why should I feel any fraternity with the 7 billion strangers who happen to live within the same planet? Why should I identify as an "Human"?

If you don't care about anyone else why should they give a fuck about you?

It's all geopolitics that play out through hundreds of years, and some get stronger and other get weaker, and new lands are conquered, and others lost. If you don't do anything, that's like your vote for the degradation of your civilization as a whole. Then if you have kids, they'll suffer (but I'm assuming you're not going to have kids).

Maybe you should go back to Mexico where you would feel more at home.

The Jews have won.

Yeah, nationalism and globalism are retarded. Glad you agree, user

both are fucking stupid, the only difference is the amount of random people you're lumped in with

The real question is why should you identify with anything?

The real question is why anyone is replying to this shillbot thread without saging.

Is there anything more stupid than family? Why should I feel any fraternity with the 3-5 strangers who happen to live within the same set of genes? Why should I identify with my surname?

Fuck off retard

The echoes of their suffering predicate your existence.

You're retarded. At least you interact face-to-face almost everyday with your immediate family for the first 18 years of your life. I have never met 99.999999% of the 300 million other people in my "nation".

This
So much this

Because those "strangers" are the closest people to you culturally on this entire planet. They grew up with the same or similar values, watching the same shows, listening to the same music, eating the same food, crying over the same tragedies, experiencing the same historical and socioeconomic plights. Humans are naturally tribalistic people. We gravitate towards the familiar, we feel comfortable and safe around what he know and understand. We feel more whole identifying with some greater body than the individuals that make it up.

When you leave these borders, no matter where you go, you will always be one thing: an other. Someone who doesn't belong, or at the very least, somebody from some place else. It's hardcoded into us. You can run along and live in Greece for the rest of your life, but the way you speak, the words you use, the way you dress, the morals and opinions you carry with you, the tastes and sounds you enjoy, they will always distinctly mark you as someone from someplace else.

And without that someplace else, that point of origin, you are nothing. A cultural orphan, doomed to have no sense of place and higher belonging. Protect what you have, user. Always.

you dont want to be treated as a guest in your own home do you?