SAA airfield - The tomahawks that didn't hit - a theory

I've been struggling to make sense of what actually happened with regards to this airfield and the tomahawks that didn't hit and why and i think i might have figured it out. Also what the hell trump is thinking with OK'ing this. And i think i might have figured it out somewhat;

Consider the following:
>trump is under heavy pressure from US politicians and the international community for punishing assad for the dubious chemical attack.
>sends in a few ships
>orders 59 tomahawks launched failure rate 5%
>only 23 of them ever make it to the airfield to strike the targets, the other 36 are unaccounted for
>Warhawks are happy
>libs are happy, neocons are happy "you punished assad for that "chemical attack"
>assad is warned (sorry assad i have to do this or i'll get in trouble but i'll try to do it as mildly as possible)
>assad and Syrian army/Syrian Army Airforce recieves minor punitive damage
>trump looks good politically without totally oblitterating SAA operations.
>america looks strong and assertive
>trump isn't fully supporting the salafist sunni rebels that qatar saudi arabia and turkey and israel clearly wants to take over syria since they fear iran and hezbollah more/see them as more of a problem.
>trump also is not completely btfo assad nor siding completely with him.

It's just a theory ofcourse, but 59 missiles launched and only 23 hit the target, seems to be incredibly unlikely, it's not random idiots they have in the US navy nor is these ships some malfunctioning tinker toys that can't launch missiles correctly.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

tass.com/defense/940012
twitter.com/worldonalert/status/850309499198083072
upi.com/Analysis-Strategic-bombing-in-Iraq-war/47351051129899/
twitter.com/bbcrussian/status/850256518511345664
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The moment Trump started caring how the neocons felt about him was the moment we got fucked.

>America is that fat kid everyone thinks the fat on his arms = muscle

>America is that fat kid roaming around saying, "dont make me punch you! dont make me punch you!"

>people actually takes the fat kid seriously

That's the truth. Don't worry everybody, this was a slap on the wrist. Trump had to save face for their ((international allies)). I'll worry if it happens again.

We didn't launch 60 TLAMs. No need. Place is a wreck already, a couple dozen missiles might as well be half a gross.

>FIRED 50 TOMAHAWKS

>LESS THAN 10 PEOPLE DIED

You're next.

The Jews of asia are no match.

Would you rather have had the chemical weapons stored there fall into ISIS's hands?

Pretend it's entirely unwarranted if you like, but that doesn't make it true.

is there a source that says only 23 of them hit?

First of all, trump isn't an idiot. I'm sure he knows that the possibility of a false flag is given.
Trump had two choices
>do something
>do nothing
If he did nothing, everyone and their grandma would yell that trump is in bed with putin. I'm not sure if bombing that airfield was the right choice but, at least they informed Russia on the upcoming attack. It's too soon to give up on trump imo, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

It's still a stupid fucking move.

Now he'll look like an idiot if he uncovers the false flag or like a tyrant if he moves closer to Russia and supports Assad's war against ISIS.

I hope he's playing a godly 11d chess move because his election was a good chance for the bring the world's number one and two military powers together to bring the third worlders to heel and now he's fucking it up.

>5% of 59 is 36

That is exactly what happened. But Trump had Russia set up an anti missile system for this attack a day before.

He is getting soft-couped, Flynn hitjob, Bannon hitjob, the writing is on the fucking wall.

Not one thread on Sup Forums can even finger the proper nouns of the masterminds behind this obvious undermining. It's amazing. (((They))) have the narrative on lockdown right now.

Who is going to "coup" Trump?

The GOP congress? Are you out of your fucking mind?

>is there a source that says only 23 of them hit the airfield?
Here's one tass.com/defense/940012

TL;DR

>"The combat effectiveness of the US massive missile strike on Syria’s airbase was thus very low," the ministry's spokesman stressed.
>"According to the data recording equipment, only 23 missiles reached the Syrian air base. The place of the fall of the other missiles is unknown," the spokesman said.

fuck off shill. your techniques are so fucking by-the-book boring

>t's just a theory ofcourse, but 59 missiles launched and only 23 hit the target

How about some evidence that doens't come from Russian state propaganda, idiot

If you won't answer my question then tell me how you imagine that working, there is no way fucking way Donald Trump will be "couped" without congress doing it.

Why the fuck would you believe anything Russia has to say about anything? These are the biggest liars in the world.

Aren't you the cunts whining like little bitches because we put THAAD too close to your tiny Chink nuclear penis?

Wikileaks shit on company's outsourced hacking divisions
CIA move: antiPutin corruption demos
FSB move: St. Petersburg tube bombing
CIA move: falseflag sarin: electric boogalo part deux
???
Profit

Let's talk about ???. What will it be?

Bet xi is looking forward to today's talks LOL

So are Americans.

They're gonna be even more upset when we start militarizing the shit outta South Korea and Japan thanks to Kim.

Turkish response

>slav that still has Russian hand up his ass

big surprise there

I hope ww3 starts soon.
I want to see nice war videos.

RT and russian media are literally the only ones that say that there were minimal casualties and that only 23 hit by showing that smudge on the road video

ON the other side they behave like the base was completely destroyed which is not true as well, there were parts that are undamaged including nonfunctional planes

>reading comprehension
>american

What made you think
>Not one thread on Sup Forums can even finger the proper nouns of the masterminds behind this obvious undermining.
meant I had the answer?

Fucking it should be me asking americans what is the breakdown of power surrounding Trump's inner circle. So much info and disnfo out there you're telling me there aren't even two names floating around that orchestrated the witchhunts against a national security advisor and a natsec strategist? screams of a pentagon/company move.

>Why the fuck would you believe anything Russia has to say about anything? These are the biggest liars in the world.
Well i'm terribly sorry to provide any theory ofcourse. But that's what the russians official spokesperson are saying on this issue right now and nbc are also rolling with this information currently.
If other data becomes available or is available by all means present it burger! Till then i'm trying to wrap my head around what happened there and the reasons why with the data i do have available.
>MOSCOW, April 7. /TASS/. Only 23 out of 59 cruise missiles fired from US warships at a Syrian air base hit the target, according to Russia’s data recording equipment, Defense Ministry spokesman Major-General Igor Konashenkov said on Friday.
The russians are saying that's what their data recording equipment ascertained.
>can't trust anything russia says about anything.
Okay.. Well bring the real data then.

I thought those were yesterday

>If you won't answer my question then tell me how you imagine

yu literally typed thoze words without having a vagina?

>there were parts that are undamaged including nonfunctional planes

Indeed. If you look at their airbase west of Palyrma, (their main MiG-25 base) all the MiG-25s are dispersed in parking areas out in the desert around the base. The actual working aircraft are kept in the hardened concrete shelters.

You know, the ones we blew the fuck out of.

>Russian News Agency
>Source

Yesterday was just the dinner

He is refusing to accept reality and define his claims. I'm just helping him realize he is the literal definition of a shill.

this has been my thought as well

>RT and russian media are literally the only ones that say that there were minimal casualties and that only 23 hit by showing that smudge on the road video
>ON the other side they behave like the base was completely destroyed which is not true as well, there were parts that are undamaged including nonfunctional planes

There seems to be conflicting information ofcourse one side tries to make the other look bad and these things. But only 23 hitting per the russian data, actually makes trump look good not bad if you consider the OP theory.

It'll be interesting to learn more about this and figure out more about the actual details i'm sure we'll hear more about it, but this is ofcourse extremely fresh news.

>I'm just

female detekted.

It was a publicity stunt.

Syria has pretty decent AA. They have a few rigs capable of taking down supersonic planes and given that most AA missiles use proximity detonation rather than impact it's conceivable that they were able to thin out the missiles.

as usual the flip is one of the few people in the thread actually thinking

He is saying that it doesnt make sense. The numbers dont add up. Therefore trump went easy

And China is that skinny kid with 3 brothers of the same age that think they could take on the big fat kid on the playground

>failure rate 5%
what is that? a raytheon quote?

>serious studies found that the Tomahawk's success rate had been significantly overstated. It is now widely believed that Tomahawks destroyed their targets less than 40 percent of the time.

upi.com/Analysis-Strategic-bombing-in-Iraq-war/47351051129899/

i think it would go smoothly but i can tell Xi and Trump is uncomfortable with each other prescense.

i can tell from our first lady as well, that Xi likely talks a lot of shit about Trump behind his back, the way she looks at Trump suggest that Xi thinks hes a dickhead.

US fires two or sometimes 3 missiles/bombs at high value or hardened targets. If there were 59 missile and only 23 impact sites it's because 10 sites were hit twice and 13 sites were hit 3 times.

>It's just a theory ofcourse, but 59 missiles launched and only 23 hit the target, seems to be incredibly unlikely

you've never dealt with the us government, you have no idea how inefficient those poeple are.

or
>US military exaggerates the effectiveness of their weapons platform to intimidate enemies, in truth Tomahawks are far more than 95% accurate
>whole operation was rushed, intelligence was inaccurate, there were other targets hit that ended up being nothing
>desperate Dane can't handle the idea that anything Trump did doesn't fit into a genius game of 45D chess so he concocts a retarded theory to make it work.

If Trump wanted to have 23 missiles hit he would have launched 23 missiles. No political commentator is going to say "oy vey Mr Trump you only launched 20 missiles, surely anything less than 50 shows you are not committed to stopping Assad." It would be even worse if you were right though, because it means Trump purposefully sabotaged 36 missiles and cost the taxpayer $30 million just in a pointless stunt

>It's just a theory ofcourse, but 59 missiles launched and only 23 hit the target, seems to be incredibly unlikely, it's not random idiots they have in the US navy nor is these ships some malfunctioning tinker toys that can't launch missiles correctly.
>What do you think?

I think the US pays premium dollar for sub par shit. Just like our health care system, public education, infrastructure, ect.

The quality of return we get compared to other countries with similar or lower tax rates is repulsive to me.

It was all a ruse by Trump and Putin to destroy the collusion narrative.

>twitter.com/bbcrussian/status/850256518511345664

PUTIN WILL NOT ESCALATE

The intended goals are in this thread:

It's just shareblue and lefty pol hitting the board.

He took one step back and ten step forwards with this play.

Cons:
>6 dead

Pros:
>Russian narrative dead forever
>He just put Assad in check while sedating Neo-Cons like McCain, liberals who want Assad gone, and Israel (who are the people who would have supported the false flag). He's winning over support from people stonewalling him with a glorified firework show.
>The momentary salt of some of his supporters will fade as the hysteria dies down when it's seen as it is - truly nothing of significance. He gets to keep them too.
>He's being tough on China and North Korea. He was meeting with the leader of China today. By pulling the trigger unannounced like this he's showing he's not fucking around with North Korea. No doubt a message to Iran as well.
Even if Syrian forces are grounded they still have Russian air support. Essentially nothing has changed strategically speaking. Victory is pretty much assured in Syria for Assad even with the IS push. Their victory will be short lived.

However if he does this again he'll out himself as a neo-kike and there will be a bi partisan effort to neck him. He's not stupid and knows that is suicide - so I doubt it's that option.

What if there were other targets inside Syria that were bombed, and the "Tragic Syrian Gas Attack" storyline was just a cover for some other, undisclosed reason.

>He is saying that it doesnt make sense. The numbers dont add up. Therefore trump went easy

Not for the reason you think, though. To be blunt, even 50 Tomahawks is pretty light punishment. If you really want to fuck someone up you bring in an aircraft carrier, or at least an airstrike launched from Saudi Arabia, which can deliver 2-4 air-launched cruise missiles per plane. And then go home, pick up more, and come back to do it again. Blowing up some planes, fuel and munitions is punishment, but like a slap upside the head. A warning, if you will.

Modern Tactical Tomahawks (TLAM-D) is a lot more fucking advanced than the weapons we used in the 90s, fuckwit. We went from terrain matching and inertial guidance to GPS, which was a huge upgrade.

I think anyone can really infer that from the writing on the wall. I was more implying that now any comments made about dealing with NK carry a lot more weight

>It was all a ruse by Trump and Putin to destroy the collusion narrative.

Yes I'm sure it had nothing to do with ISIS getting ahold of chemical weapons and Assad using them on civilians you fucking retard.

This. Also, is that where the slavs are getting this bullshit? Only 23 impact sites, so they assume only 23 weapons reached the airbase? Fuck they can't be this stupid, can they?

It was inevitable and expected

Give it time, and help anyway you know.

Are you fucking retarded? Assad didn't use the weapons but the point is even if he did it's irrelevant nothing changes.

>death_jew_png

Oh a shareblue chinknigger. Nice filename.

>I think anyone can really infer that from the writing on the wall. I was more implying that now any comments made about dealing with NK carry a lot more weight

yeah, we are tired of NK already and want to dispose of fat kim.

i think they are discussing the details of how we dispose of him while keeping SK and China as damage free as possible.

hopefully it all works out.

>was the moment we got fucked.

Using a few missiles on a Syrian target isn't fucking us at all. The administration has been quite clear they have no intent to commit.

Carpet shoop?

It is actually quite likely the success rate was so low as the target was all in a confined space. All tomahawks hit the airbase, but not all destroyed the required structures.

It is still a big mistake to fire on drafted recruits on an SAA airbase. Absolute bs move. Trump is a freaking idiot, I am sure some tard suggested doing just that and Trump went along with it instead of concetrating on ISIS.

And there is no grand master plan behind this. It is just pure lunacy. Trump is trying to isolate America worldwide - with this move he has the hate of Russia, Belarus, Egypt, Iran, Syria, etc. for sure

>Assad didn't use the weapons

After 7 years or so of war he probably doesn't have the control over his own army to prevent it, making his usefulness for enforcing the chemical weapons treaty worthless.

hahahahha I've been here every day for years you fucking newfag.

Is this the new trick? Shariablue now calls Sup Forumsacks "shareblue" ?

Why don't you just do it yourselves? It's your corner of the world and you've made it quite clear you want to be the major power there, so it's a perfect opportunity to demonstrate that. We wouldn't even have to lift a finger.

>which was a huge upgrade.
i knew you were going to say that. so super precise missiles with a 60% failure rate (reported 10%) are now super duper precise missiles with a 5% failure rate. color me skeptical.

I'll distill this down even further for you:

1) There's no fucking way Trump or anyone else in the White House knew with 100% certainty that Assad was behind it. We don't even know if there was an actual attack. Has there been any UN investigation on the ground? The last time this happened, there was, and the UN found out the rebels did it. "Sources on the ground" including Israel are known liars, so the idea that we are absolutely positive Assad gassed people is bullshit.

2) He had no reason to gas his own people. He was winning the war and peace talks were about to begin. The timing is AMAZINGLY perfect, and (((coincidentally))) resulted in a wave of anti-Assad anti-peace talks sentiment. Why does this matter? Because mere weeks after Obama announced his "red line" being the use of chemical weapons, chemical weapons were used. By the rebels. To provoke America into invading. Yeah.

Oh, and Israel 100% assured us that Assad gassed his own people the last time, too. Turns out they're liars. Who would have thought?

3) We've just spent the last 15 years liquidating Muzzie marriage ceremonies with pinpoint accuracy killing hundreds at a time. We're getting pretty efficient at it. Do people really think HALF our missiles would miss, unless done intentionally?

>neocons

Have you been watching the media the past few weeks? He's been getting slammed constantly. This should alleviate some of the pressure its not rocket science. He doesn't care about neocons its about public acceptance.

>It was all a ruse by Trump and Putin to destroy the collusion narrative.
right except

>collusion narrative focuses on Trump's campaign staff and businesses in Russia, Syria barely relevant.
>literally calls Russia up before telling anyone in Congress that he's going to bomb Syria
>only kills 2 Russian soldiers so it's hardly proof of anything

If Trump and Putin wanted to bury this narrative they'd need an actual protracted period of animosity between the countries. The US killing two of your soldiers is fucking nothing, the country doesn't even send apologies if that happens by accident. Obama sent hundreds of drone strikes into Pakistan and killed thousands of people and Pakistan and the US were still best buds

i just spoke about it with my boss who is retire from the belgian army (i know it's a shitty army but that's not the point).

He said that before, there was a kind of aiming competition held in Corsica where countries that have intercontinental missiles compete.

He said that USA where everytime within the worst countries with aiming skills because the army was so rich that they didn't give a shit about aiming correctly on the first launch. They could just recalibrate later. For intence Belgian who had like 5 missiles for the whole army HAD TO HIT because they couldn't offord to lose even 1 missiles.

>AH BLOO BLOO IT'S SO MEAN TO KILL THOSE POOR INNOCENT SYRIANS

why don't you invade poland about it, cunt

It was confirmed gas air strikes user. Syrian rebels don't have access to gas from the air, only Russians and Asaads forces.

>He had no reason to gas his own people. He was winning the war

No he isn't you stupid cunt. Even WITH extensive Russian help, they've only managed to achieve a stalemate. In stalemates you break the stalemate by attrition, i.e. attacking the enemy's support base - in this case the civilian population.

Fuck off kid, you don't know what you're talking about.

Where is Assad himsef?
did he, not his officials, make a public statement? Could the Syrian governmental gone rogue?

>he other 36 are unaccounted for
W-where did they go lads?

Only newfags talk about being oldfags. And you'd know that if you weren't such a newfag. Also saying Assad did it shows how new you are as well. And you're shitty kike pic. Unfunny as fuck and your last one was some edgy hot topic SJW cringe tier shit.

>Shariablue now calls Sup Forumsacks "shareblue" ?
Evidently!

I think you're an idiot. America has a long history of missing the target with missile strikes. But you're opinion makes you sound young and stupid so I'll assume you're too young to remember all the Iraq and Afgan fuck ups.

If you think Russia and Assad are going to let Trump fire missiles at them without consequence to save face in his own country you are completely retarded.

"hey guise im gunna fire some missiles, but its ok they will miss biggly, just play along, this will make me more popular."

You absolute fucking pleb

>It was confirmed gas air strikes user.
Confirmed by who?

Have you seen video of the air drop?
Have you seen US military reconnaissance?

Here's the thing: The (((media))) just got done saying our planes watched their planes drop bombs. Encounters like this are ALWAYS RECORDED. So where is the footage?

When there was extreme amounts of lying the first time gas was used, any (((report))) is dubious and requires intense scrutiny.

>chastising Cheney on his low sperm production

First answer this.

Are you an expert on these missiles? Do you know how they operate and how they are deployed in a scenario like this? Do you have any sort of professional training in the matter at all?

Or are you just another armchair general?

The great big missile silo in the sky user >_>

F

>Fuck off kid, you don't know what you're talking about.
t. ShariaBlue faggot here to shill.

You knobs do realize there's a thread on this forum DAILY, and in that thread are the battle lines updated in real time via reports on the ground, which shows Assad taking back large swaths of the country, right?

hahhaahaha

I do not believe Russian Jewish lies on issues such as this, that is the difference.

Russia is made to look like a fool every time Assad uses chemical weapons after signing the treaty, he makes the USA look bad too. Even Russia is distancing themselves from Assad now.

That you cannot see the writing on the wall about this is hilarious.

Still shitting in the street Li?

I think this might be enough, you are underestimating the retardation the media following population is capable of.

I doubt Bannon would have been behind the strikes if he were on the council.

>no fucking way Trump or anyone else in the White House knew with 100% certainty

we can't know that.

that ping pong dude looks smug as fuck. I bet you have to be an extra sly to get at the top of the food chain in a country of 2 billion chinks

I've seen footage on the attacks from a distance and of the aftermath on Russian TV. I can understand basic Russian, they did virtually no damage to the airfield and many planes were still there.

SG is reporting that ISIS is moving on Homs. What a cohen-cidence.

Haha, oh wow.

At $250,000 per missile that air attack cost us a little over 14 million dollars.

That's a fully furbished modern elementary school right there. Money just evaporated for 50 piece of shit missiles whose effectiveness amounts to scorch marks on reinforced cement.

He was born in to the role and didn't fuck it up.

Japanese and Korean Aircraft carrier battle-groups when!?

>"hey guise im gunna fire some missiles, but its ok they will miss biggly, just play along, this will make me more popular."

I like it :D

>1) There's no fucking way Trump or anyone else in the White House knew with 100% certainty that Assad was behind it. We don't even know if there was an actual attack. Has there been any UN investigation on the ground? The last time this happened, there was, and the UN found out the rebels did it. "Sources on the ground" including Israel are known liars, so the idea that we are absolutely positive Assad gassed people is bullshit.
The WHO examined the dead and concluded it was sarin. Accusations are all over the place as to who did it, but Assad does have stockpiles and has used it before

>2) He had no reason to gas his own people. He was winning the war and peace talks were about to begin. The timing is AMAZINGLY perfect, and (((coincidentally))) resulted in a wave of anti-Assad anti-peace talks sentiment.
except the peace talks have been planned for months and aren't any closer to happening, and the ceasefire has been broken by both sides multiple times since then.
There's a lot of reasons to launch attacks, a show of strength to get a stronger position at the bargaining table being the most obvious. Another option is that he wanted the US to strike in order to prolong the war and increase Russian assistance which has been lackluster lately. And don't forget that in the Middle East being attacked by the US is basically seen as a sign that you're doing something right, so Trump's attack actually plays into his hands by making him look like a victim to Western imperialism.

>3) We've just spent the last 15 years liquidating Muzzie marriage ceremonies with pinpoint accuracy killing hundreds at a time. We're getting pretty efficient at it. Do people really think HALF our missiles would miss, unless done intentionally?
yeah, but those were carefully-planned strikes after months of intelligence and planning. This was a rushed response to a recent event, shit's likely to go wrong

Unit cost US$1.59m(FY2014)[1] (Block IV)

At approval ratings in the mid thirties maybe literally doing anything is better than nothing.

I wonder if he ordered the strike after playing a round of golf at Mar-a-lago.

1.5 million per missile so 85.5 million, "scorch marks" don't mean much when the missile isn't designed to crater (it has 450 kg of ordinance, it's not shaped to bust bunkers), and all of this money was allocated to the navy ahead of time. if you have a problem just call for the cutting of welfare.

>"hey guys im going to exploit the migrant crisis to i can rape white women and blame it on white culture, just play along"

back to the streets, mohammed

Almost as bad as the aussies

No it's more like 1.5m per missile. Canadas public procurement price is $1.9m CAD. Fox reported $1.2m.

American cruise missiles are slow as shit and easy to intercept because the Americans can always launch another 100, and another 100, and another 100, etc. The Tomahawk doesn't even fly at Mach 1. It's subsonic.