How many of you are actually autistic enough to keep gold and silver?

how many of you are actually autistic enough to keep gold and silver?

Other urls found in this thread:

auctions.royaltyexchange.com/overview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When I can and able to have the money to, I would put my money in land, houses, long lasting vehicles and guns (Shotguns and Rifles of course)

I keep a lot of gold from placer mining every weekend during the summer. My favorite nuggets I keep in their natural state.

The rest of the lesser nuggets, fines and flakes all get smelted. All the gold is kept in a safe place.

How the fuck do you liquidate it at stock value?

I don't, it's more SHTF barter gold. A valuable that can be traded for a good or a service in the upside down world of tomorrow!

Panning and sluicing for gold is a big hobby of mine, a hobby that pays YOU

I keep some. Not like a retarded prepper, but I like collecting things, and it can be a decent investment.

>A valuable that can be traded for a good or a service in the upside down world of tomorrow!
Assuming people will want it for whatever good/service you're asking of them.

Me, but not because I'm stockpiling it for some catastrophe or anything, but rather just because I really, REALLY like gold. I mean a lot. Probably an unhealthy amount. I think I may be part Dwarf.

No shlomo.

>Assuming people will want it for whatever good/service you're asking of them.
This. Most people will want antibiotics, ammunition, butane lighters, canned food, hard alcohol etc... useful shit for the here and now

Ammo is also another great thing to stock that won't lose value.

Anyone would kill to sit on a big ass pile of golden coins. Dawi are right.

This, got a stash of green tips

I own about $25k of gold as a hedge. Working nicely this morning.

I physically hold 15 oz of silver

Where do you sluice?

There is no gold at my IP address.
None.
Please do not come here.

I am. but mostly because I use them in my profession

Everyone should keep 5% of their investments in metals, which you would know if you weren't some slavic poorfag.

I have about $400 worth of old silver coins that I inherited. My aunt was a bank teller way back when and when they made the transition, all the employees pocketed the old silver coins.

Shit's practically worthless, I just keep it because it's a baseball-sized curiosity that lives in my sock drawer. Everybody knows that shotgun shells, 5.56 and young asian QTs who speak broken engrish are going to be the currency of the apocalypse, rare metals are a distraction

>making investnents is autistic

I've done pretty well buying and selling silver over the years. The price fluctuates often.

I do.

I don't understand how people can believe in a stable future.

People still accepted gold when Roman Empire was turning into a diesel-less Madmax setting.

You're too poor for this, Ivan, you can't understand.

Although I agree to say that storing physical silver is autistic, gold is not; otherwise our governments are all autists for having large gold reserves.

At gold dealers (not the pawn shop style), banks (depends on the country), etc.

Poor people reasoning.

Because that was the currency in circulation.

>silver is autistic, gold is not
Literally no difference.

>investing on something that will never loose its value and will always be real money when the paper fiat currency is no longer valuable is autistic
Op isn't just autistic he is a giant autistic faggot

"Paper money has no value on its own! You need to own these hunks of metal that have no value on their own!"

The only thing you can own that will always be valuable is canned food and ammunition

green tips suck tho. xm193 is where it's at

>literally walk into a coin store or bullion dealer and sell for at spot for generic silver and over spot for all gold

its so fucking easy.

I had a sizable amount of metals before the tragic boating accident that also took all of my guns with it...the sea is a harsh mistress

This, and gold was also accepted:

>during the worst moments of the Middle Ages
>during world wars
>during nazi occupation
>today, in warzones, failed states and literal shitholes like Afghanistan or Somalia

Etc.

But if you're poor enough that your only concern is getting canned food ASAP, of course you can't understand this.

>Poor people reasoning.
No, logical reasoning. Gold really isn't in circulation anymore. Useful goods as barter will take precedence over a shiny metal you can't do a whole lot with.

my son and nephews all have 1oz silver coins minted the year they were born, but that's as close as we get

might get my kid/s a little bit of gold too, something i can stash away and give to them on their 18th birthdays or something like that

I only have the gold and silver that my family always had

>will never loose its value

Gold used to be worth alot more then it is today.

>cant do alot with

gold and silver are used in all high technologies with those metals having unique and useful chemical properties that IF YOU COULD READ A BOOK YOU NIGGER, you could use to purify water,create radios on the fly (if SHTF), and is something that people will always lust after.

And it was devalued quite a bit in the 16th century.

Blame the aztecs for leaving it there just to be looted.

build a reserve for when the economy crashes again

if you own guns at all, you really aught to have a couple 1000 rounds for each on hand. even during ammo shortages, I've been able to barter/trade rounds off for what I need.

people make "preppers" sound like redneck jackasses due to tv/youtube but in reality it's just common sense. No matter where you live, you should have enough food/medicine/ammo on hand to survive off the grid for at least a month.

Yes there's a difference, dumbass.

A 1 kg silver bar is worth 630 euros, which means you have to carry 1.5 TON of silver when you want to move one million euros.

A 1 kilo gold bar is worth 38,500 euros, which means: one million euros = 26 kilos to put in a backpack and that's it.

That is why rich people do not own silver, but rich people own gold.

It's a convenient store of value.

>gold and silver are used in all high technologies
Which won't be a concern if SHTF.
>you could use to purify water,
Sand and rocks work too, without costing so much.
>create radios on the fly
Copper would be more useful. Works about the same and is lighter.
So your main argument is based on the hope that it's something people will want to trade in, despite being so scarce now that people can go their entire lives without seeing it outside of a jewelry store.
It would not make for an effective currency.

I do.

when the war comes, you can best your sweet ass no one will be trading guns for gold.

The real question to ask in a post apocalyptic world is how many cans of beans and Bic lighters do you have to trade with your local warlord in exchange for a slave with wide hips that won't die during childbirth and that's still in possession of most of her teeth. It's important to know the exchange rates ahead of time so Yehudah 'ead Smasher doesn't Jew you out of your valuable goods.

i do

here

When I finish my latest AR build I'll buy a combat spork in your honor, bong.

I agree, but gold is inflated as fuck right now. Look at prices back in 2005. I buy gold and silver every pay period. I buy more silver because I don't plan on going anywhere when shit hits the fan. If you have a place to store it, silver is way better to be autistic over.

Oh, i entirely agree with you there. I have quite a sustainable home here, and think any SHTF scenario is ridiculous, but that doesn't mean there aren't a few months worth of MREs and ammo (with reloading kit) kept safely.
Unfortunately i don't have a storehouse of young girls to trade with. They don't keep as well in the vacuum bags, it seems.

And you just proved my point: It's useful for smaller denomination. Unless you fancy having to melt down what few gold ingots you have to make change during a transaction.

Nice try, claim jumper.

>it would not make an effective currency
except it already is one and has been one for thousands of years
>sand and rocks
yea that works, but silver electrolysis destroys ALL foreign bodies while the former just filters
>wont be a concern if SHTF
this isnt the stone ages, people would pay barter HUGE PREMIUMS for anyone to make any sort of high tech, which could easily be done by any pajeet.

also without SHTF, that just shows the importance of these elements in current day society

i dont expect someone from a country who lost a war to emus to understand intrinsic value though

I have clothes made of gold. Is any other material fit to grace my glorious body? I think not.

in

>barter
>with useful goods

Yeah, you're poor. What if you need $500,000 right now? Have fun selling lots of lighters, corned beef and toilet paper to your friends. Rich people will just sell 11 or 12 gold bars.

But you don't need $500,000 because you're a poorfag.

Nice to hear that you will bequeath several tons of (rotten?) canned food to your heirs.

>if SHTF
your $20 ounce of silver would be worth a shit ton more. people with food are going to clean up. unless there is a world devastating catastrophe when SHTF only the people with no hard assets will be hurt.

6KG SILVER SO far

canned food last something like 30-40 years lol must be a negro

Ask your government, they are building massive reserves along with china

>except it already is one
Not anymore. When was the last time you could go to a corner store and pay in bullion? 1945?
>yea that works, but silver electrolysis destroys ALL foreign bodies while the former just filters
But do you want to tie up your precious metals in such a way, when you can make your own filters? Assuming the world stock of them has been eliminated for whatever reason. AND that you were too myopic to have just bought some rainwater tanks to begin with?
>this isnt the stone ages, people would pay barter HUGE PREMIUMS for anyone to make any sort of high tech
Then why aren't we just using fiat currency if there's time and stability enough for such luxury? Or hell, why would you pay in the (non-renewable) resource which is being consumed? That'll just cause inflation.
>i dont expect someone from a country who lost a war to emus
This coming from a country which has never won anything, and gleefully let the Jews ruin finance and economics?
>understand intrinsic value
Yea, doesn't exist.

>What if you need $500,000 right now?
Right now? I'd probably just use my bank account? Or take out a loan if i don't want to ditch my liquid assets.
I feel like we're discussing different scenarios here.

>your $20 ounce of silver would be worth a shit ton more
If someone wants it. For example, if I was the only one in the region who had any precious metals, and commodities to trade, people won't be able to pay me in kind.

I'd rather put my money into 22lr, 12ga or non-perishable food.

>make change

There are 1 oz gold coins for small change ($1,200 per coin), but honestly the point of gold is to store large value and allow large transactions easily.

If you don't have the need for this, owning physical gold is pointless indeed.

Silver is not expensive enough for me. I'm not going to store hundreds of pounds of metal in a vault.

People who own gold may have an investment horizon larger than 30 or 40 years.

As if we'd tell you. . .

Gold and silver have no value.

>allow large transactions
And that it does. But we're discussing a SHTF scenario. Not overpaying for something expensive because you like trading in shiny metals. Commodities trading is best done on margin, anyway.
Basically, you're going to have to cut quite a small sliver off an ingot to just buy some bread in the Mad Max world.

I invest in bullets.

>What if you need $500,000 right now?

...in a situation of trouble, of course.

Like, big financial crisis, world war, etc. Your bank is closed, or has failed, or won't allow you to withdraw more than $100 per day.

Do you think it won't happen? But it literally happened in Cyprus or Greece recently (failing banks, can't withdraw much money, etc.). And that wasn't an extreme situation.

How do you think rich Greeks did during the banking crisis? Offshore bank accounts + reserves of physical cash and gold.

Duh. But that's where land is far more valuable than gold. It can generate an income in the way gold never can.

Buy my rare pepe, and store it on a gold/platinum. Dvd

>overpaying for something expensive
You mean, underpaying? Because the best deals are done during troubled periods. (Example: all these artworks bought at very competitive prices by German gentlemen around 1940.)

>SHTF scenario
>Mad Max world
Doesn't exist. And even if it does: not everywhere, not forever. Thus, gold still has a value for the rest of the world--and that makes gold valuable even in the worst hellhole.

I have about 50 ounces of silver that I'd probably sell if it gets to $50 an ounce again.

Yes, but land has major problems:

>is taxed as hell
>can't be moved
>can't be sold easily
>can be confiscated by the government anyway (because ur a jew / a whitey / a foreigner lol)

Not the best asset to trade when a crisis strikes.

Have bought quite a bit of silver world coin lots at spot. I pick out the nicest examples of each type and collect into albums, and the rest is bullion investment I'll consider selling if silver hits $30. Some lots from coin dealers, some at auction.

I found a very rare Sardinian 1821 5 Lire in VF+ condition a couple weeks ago, sold it to my coin dealer for almost $2k. He's in the process of slabbing it and then he'll take it to an international auction to make some money himself. This made the rest of the silver in the lot I found it in free and I even made a bunch of money. :-)

Recently bought some gold coins just in case. I doubt it's a good investment desu unless there's some unlikely SHTF but it's nice to balance my bullion out a little bit.

My next alternative investment is going to be in music royalties.

>investment in music royalties

Tell me more about this obscure business.

I have around 20k US worth in silver. Plus 100k in guns and ammo.

As gold/silver/diamonds/money have no real value , invest in a Sup Forums city, with it s own rules .

auctions.royaltyexchange.com/overview/

Check out the history page under Close Auctions. At the moment it's a bunch of black music I have little to no knowledge about or interest in.

Aren't you not allowed to use the internet anymore?

>You mean, underpaying?
Nope. You'd know that if you'd actually bought bullion.
>Doesn't exist.
No shit. This is obviously a theoretical.

>>is taxed as hell
Depends where you are. No reason why that wouldn't be covered by the profits from it. (Which gold can never offer)
>>can't be moved
So?
>>can't be sold easily
Varies.
>>can be confiscated by the government anyway
As can bullion.

>Sardinian 1821 5 Lire
Jelly. Been trying to collect interesting pieces like that.

A Sup Forums new ,,ISRAEL'', with nuclear power, and we can can ignore gold price, silver ert. We can give value to emerald of the kek, sell all your gold that is worthless and buy emerald and green jade

But basically you buy perpetual (author's life + 70 years) royalties on catalogs of music that gets used in TV shows etc and hope to make your money back on a good multiple. After that, free money for the rest of your life. Sometimes they sell hit songs from known artists like Britney Spears etc but desu I don't know if those got legs going forward, it's not my thing any way.

i do like to keeep a bit of gold but only because of the posiibility that a bit of my gold was once found melted at the bottom of an aushwitz furnace

sounds funny, but uncalculateable(is this a word?)
you need ton of insider info to make great deals.

gold is worthless
>oy vey the governments are collapsing hey... can I have some food for that shiny rock of yours durp durp durp
the american dollar will always be the safest storage of wealth

>I found a very rare Sardinian 1821 5 Lire in VF+ condition a couple weeks ago, sold it to my coin dealer for almost $2k. He's in the process of slabbing it and then he'll take it to an international auction to make some money himself. This made the rest of the silver in the lot I found it in free and I even made a bunch of money. :-)

Here's another good story: I bought two lots of antique coins, picked out 8 of the high end silver ones, then sold the rest of the lots to my coin dealer for the same price as the total price + commission of my original lots. More free silver coins for my collection.

Bought 8 medieval german witten coins for X, picked out the two finest examples, sold the rest for my original cost.

If you want something that'll keep you safe through hard times then what you should be buying is a stockpile of basic tools, fuel, staple foods and weapons(if your country allows that). If SHTF then 100 cheap lighters will get you a lot further than a pound of gold that you're probably just going to trade for a few cans of tuna when things get desperate enough.

>american dollar will always be the safest storage of wealth

how big of a retard are you?

based retardbro

I'll stick to the stock market. what little money I have to play with easily gets me a decent return + a trip to thailand every year. trend following isn't that hard.

I am actually quite smart.
The only thing I fear is the digitization of cash.

you should there is a war on cash.

You should also not "Bank" on just one item retard.

>how many of you are actually autistic enough to keep gold and silver?
Yah I've got a couple of Ks worth.

Value will obviously vary but it'll never be worthless - which is more than can be said for any fiat currency.

Also gold+silver bullion looks sweet AF.

>the american dollar will always be the safest storage of wealth
Thanks to you I am no in a good mood for the day after all

Wow, that's really interesting.

It looks easy to lose a lot of money though.

Those who have to flee their home country for various reasons aren't too happy with land (compared to gold). For example.

That said, I heard that real estate in Syria was an excellent investment right now. No joke!

>Also gold+silver bullion looks sweet AF.
>autistic enough
I have a big ole silver bowl next to my bed with junk silver and a smaller antique silver bowl with loose scrap gold. Feels good to fondle it a little bit before going to bed.

where do you buy and sell?
and what's to regard about the coins?

also how do you know gold sellers aren't scammers
what if all those "gold" coins you bought were just some other metal with a light gold coating..

Just replace the battery and it's good as new.

HAHAHAHA people actually think that gold or silver will be worth something after a major collapse assuming that we will recover as a society.

Unless you ingest it, odds are you wouldn't get too far with gold either. And if you have to flee, odds are you wouldn't have bullion either.

>Feels good to fondle it
Yea, what's up with that? First bullion i ever owned was a handful of silver ingots, and it was like Dragon Sickness from the Hobbit. Couldn't stop handling it.

Plenty of tests you can do yourself. It's also why you stick with reputable sellers.

It's a european auction house that puts out around 400 coin auctions every two weeks. Only maybe a dozen of those are proper lots, I don't want even more competition desu.

>and what's to regard about the coins?
1. Do I get this lot at close to spot silver price?
2. Is the lot so big and unorganized that there's a good chance I'll find something interesting or valuable?
Yes to both = I buy it and sort it into 3 piles. Nice ones for my personal type collection, valuable ones to sell online or to my coin dealer, and lastly bullion to keep long term as investment.

Kek. Not sure if genuine or trolling but either way I like the idea.

No, I stock pile lead