Why has college turned into daycare?

why has college turned into daycare?

Other urls found in this thread:

study.com/articles/How_Much_More_Do_College_Graduates_Earn_Than_Non-College_Graduates.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Student loan culture.

It's not as bad as free college, but it isn't as good as bank backed personal loans. The best option would be no loans at all.

Thanks doc

Most of the people there are children with parents who have a lot of money anyway.

only non-STEM fags

and here I am busting my ass off in EE learning electromagnetic physics

and I hate liberals so much it hurts

Because millennials are the most entitled generation in history? And because the college students in general are sheltered rich kids who have never faced reality?

I used to take nappies in the student lounge and drool allover the couch because I sleep on my belly.

Hi, this is Kelly Arquette with ABC7 Los Angeles. Is it alright with you if we use your picture on the news today?

you said millennials but meant to say boomers

Because that enviroment is made for kids

Philosophy grad here. I wish I could go back in time, choose science A-Levels, then take a STEM degree.

FUCK YOU FUCK OFF

tits or gtfo slut

brb sending this to kurt (((eichenwald)))

send nudes

Both, actually. In different ways. I guess millennials are the way they are because of the fucking boomers.

Guaranteed government money from student loans.

Thanks, doc.

International Relations is not bad here in Ljubljana tbqh senpai

Because it lost all it prestige with bullshit courses like gender studies and social services. Student loans allow anyone to get in and the low course requirements for the aforementioned courses allow idiots to get in. So now college is full of low IQ, entitled idiots who feel like it is their right to be there. In the past colleges were full of high IQ people who deserved to be there and recognized the honor, prestige, and privilege of college. Obviously this isn't true for STEM students (godspeed, gents) but there are so many bullshit programs being offered nowadays just so people can wave a piece of paper around proclaiming MUH EDUCATION and feeling as if they're superior to non-degree holders.

YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS

you have to be committed to do a stem degree, cant just do one for the sake of it because le Sup Forums hivemind says it is 'god-tier'

>implying you aren't a millennial as well

because it is

A generation raised by single mothers.
Women are, mentally, children. When you have children raising children the outcome is even more childish children instead of emotionally mature and stable young adults.

I mean most people go straight out of high school so they would all be around 17-22 years old. That's still child-like mentality zone.

I am. But that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of millennials are a bunch of faggoty retards.

Not really.

Shit's easy if you're not clinically retarded. The thing that makes other degrees worthless is the 2 hours a week of lectures, so the courses have basically no content.

Lad Math is anything but. Don't have time to spend being a child. That time goes towards rereading the same pages multiple times because you don't grasp what you read the first few times, and then doing work.

ITT: Uneducated losers who didn't go to college.

It's true, '91 here and i'm pretty ashamed with my generation.

>not as bad as free college
>best option would be no loans at all
rly made me think

that orange color remind of violence and triggers me.it should be removed from this safe space

Millennials are definitely worse. Even redneck millennials are more prone to support gays and immigrants

I went to university for business and I have a journeyman ticket for low voltage electrical. I've seen both sides of the coin and college/university is fucked.

Because it is daycare. It's a 3 year holiday for people with too much money on their hands

They get to fuck around on campus and do arts and crafts and pretend they're actually doing something with their lives but in reality they are just putting off entering the real world

'90 here. I'm not really ashamed, but I'm more anxious as to what the future holds when our generation starts getting into positions of power and such.

no dude, boomers are the worst generation this world has ever seen.
millennials confirm that.

>University has nice facilities

Wow guys college is practically daycare now!

Fuck off. With as much as I'm paying to go to school, I think I should be able to expect a nice campus.

whoa

its definitely not the cake walk that you make it out to be, especially if people arent that way inclined.

How are boomers worse? If you're saying that millennials are the result of boomers, hence why boomers are worse, then in fact thr ww2 is the worst generation bevause they created the boomers

Best option would be more fucking jobs and less fucking people. This war couldn't come soon enough.

No, they're not. Also, what the fuck does one's sexual orientation have to do with anything whatsoever? Being sceptical towards immigration I can understand, but bashing people for their sexual orientation? No.

I don't really understand this anti-college meme on Sup Forums.

I ABSOLUTELY understand being angry about the cost of college (in the 60s and 70s it was practically free), about the lack of alternative schooling in the united states (other countries have really robust trade schools, I think we used to as well), but "Just don't go to college!" isn't going to change any of that.

>17-22 still child-like mentality zone
Nigger Henry IV, Wladyslaw III, Scipio, & Alexander the Great were ruling nations and commanding troops in their early teens.

People now just refuse to grow up.

I say i'm ashamed mostly because of how much value people our age put into social validation. Virtue signalling and whoring for likes, shares, and retweets is the only goal for most people our age. I feel like this narcissism will metastasize into political positions and all millennial politicians will be like trudeau on InstaRoids.

the boomers had literally every advantage the world has ever seen. growing up in boom times post ww2, fastest growing economy in history, biggest wage growth in history, biggest real estate value rise in history

and loko where we are now, after theyve been running the country for a few decades.
no wage growth, real estate is almost riskier than ever before, economy is in the shit, high unemployment, etc

but yeah the millenials who have never controlled anything are definitely the worst.... fucking moron

Thanks doc.

>take ridiculously good market
>ruin it
>ruin education
>ruin housing
>ruin banking
>flood the country with immigrants
>hand the bill to kids

yeah, people remain children well into their 30's these days. Fucking pathetic

flag checks out

Yes, they are. You can't provide one fact that says boomers are worse.

Example: boomers are more likely to scoff at openly gay fags. Millennials are not. Just shows how cucked Europe is with le gay is OK meme

3 years? most undergrads take 5 years in the US

Millenials just didn't see enough harm to care.

why grow up when you dont need to? we are a product of our times. hardly a comparable situation to medieval kings though

allowing everyone to go to college was a mistake that makes colleges turn into businesses and decreases the value of a college degree.

STEM is a meme

What can you even do with a philosophy degree?

name for me one topic taught at colleges that can't be explained with a textbook published in 2000 and a chalkboard

>get coddled from birth to 20 years old
>lol why didn't they grow up
parents fucked up so bad.

I know what you mean. Being lumped in with those mongoloids really is the worst fucking thing.

STEM were my best subjects at school, for my entire life basically.

I did Maths GCSE a year early and got A*. I did triple award science GCSEs and got A* in Physics, A* in Chemistry, A in Biology.

Sciences were my thing. My original A-Level choices were Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.

Then I completely changed and went for English, History, Religious Studies, and Music AS. I was the only person in my whole year to do the History A-Level without having done the GCSE, and same for Religious Studies as well.

Basically I had latched onto a new friend group - kids who smoked and played music and were "cool". And I was convinced I had to become "cool" like them. Which is why I had this big change.

I'm a fucking idiot basically.

Kek

Why are gays bad? What harm do they do? Why should we care?

The last question is most important. Unless it affects you you have no real cause to complain. As long as gays leave me alone I don't see the harm.

So was Breivik

And millennials have it worse than boomers? Yeah no. More people in college today because it's easier to get in. College itself is easier. Easier to get money to go to college. No problems finding a job after college so long as you're normal and didn't get a degree in art or music. Bigger houses today that are cheaper. I can literally buy everything brand new unlike our parents who had to save. You're delusional

>market is still good. Look at stock market and unemployment numbers
>ruined banking
Literally how? I don't have an issue banking
>ruined education
My education was just fine

The boomers basically drained all the resources we had at our disposal within a few decades. That makes them worse. And the fact that they can't accept homosexuality for whatever reason. You know, something that doesn't fucking affect them in any way.

>but bashing people for their sexual orientation? No.
Even though Jesus literally said not to throw stones because we're all sinners, and that loving your neighbor is easy but loving your enemy is what counts, and that helping good people is easy but providing alms to those that disgust you is hard, somehow a later passage by some fucking faggot that says "Gays should be killed" trumps that, so christians (and worst of all, FALSE christians that think they're christians) figuratively and literally throw stones at fags.

We just have to have lots of white children and raise them right. All we can really do at this point.

Hey man you're too hot headed
You need to COULomb off

True. But he was also insane. And delusional.

>why are gays bad? What harm...

Nice cultural Marxism you got there. You're proving my point that you millennials are definitely the worse of the two.

that room looks a e s t h e t i c as fuck.

>implying jesus ever existed

The question isn't why, but when. College was not always such a joke.

>Bio Major / Chem Minor
>Been studying human anatomy my whole life
>Couldn't get into college until I was 24 because I didn't play niggerball so I didn't get free gibs
>Still have to take out a shitload of loans
>Get passed over for different scholarships
>I somehow don't qualify for "returning adult" scholarships despite now being nearly 27 (I'm assuming because I don't shit out welfare babies)
>I'm in the honor society and a club but I still can't qualify for scholarships with that either
>Still have to fight and fight for my 3.5 GPA to get into med school
>Even then the dumbass niggers and sandniggers are gonna get in over me because of DUHVERSHITTY

All I want is to be a surgeon. I've been in love with the human body since watching Fantastic Voyage with my grandpa, why do you have to keep insisting Tyrone is going to change the world with his general studies degree?

>mfw sitting in one of my english classes and this teenage bitch was whining about grades
>Feminist teacher is nodding and agreeing "omg so tru grades keep out the TRULY passionate ppl"
>Bitch whines about "my anatomy class tests us every week, this is fucking bullshit, I don't want to be a doctor, I want to be a nurse, I shouldn't have to know that stuff"
>Teacher continues with "so tru so tru that's just more sexism at work 4 u"

>drive up inflation
>drive down wages
>let everyone and their half retarded step sibling into college because STUDENT LOANS or diversity scholarships
>job market is trash because college meme forced on everyone + immigrants

How to work in a lab and conduct research
:^)

wtf no it doesnt. its a mess

I just ate a delicious ham sandwich. I now declare an end to world hunger.

Thanks doc

I wasn't planning on having any, but sure, you do that.

Have you ever heard of supply and demand in a monopolistic curve?

Thanks doc

>drained all the resources
What? Drained what exactly? There's nothing NOT available today in more abundance than when the boomers were our age. What the fuck are you talking about? Are you trying to blame boomers for your own failures? I'm a millennial and I have everything I could ever want bevause I don't have downs and I got a good job that pays well.

why should homosexuality be accepted?

This. My chem lab has flickering fluorescent lights with what looks to be a dead roach trapped under one of them, and is in in a building that looks like the Chernobyl Sarcophagus.

>studied liberal arts
>college was conservative as fuck
>you could have actual debates in class and even better ones at the nearby bar drinking with the teachers
>teachers encouraged us to have our own opinions, ask and debate

All universities should be like that.

Why shouldn't it? Because your big book of bullshit told you so?

if only it stayed that way

once the autists start watching video game streams they never leave and the entire place gets soiled

It hasn't, you're just an impressionable little queer who sucks down everything Sup Forums shits out.

Like everything else in life, college is whatever you make of it. Sup Forums can argue from a 'muh feelings' point of view ad nauseum about underwater basket weaving and safe spaces, but they'll never be able to refute the hard numbers that clearly demonstrate that people with degrees make twice as much as those without them on average:

study.com/articles/How_Much_More_Do_College_Graduates_Earn_Than_Non-College_Graduates.html

>not knowing about critical theory
top kek

Stop

The fact that there is barely any oil left, for one. And it was the boomers who made us so fucking dependent on oil in the first place.

>Average lifespan was about 35 years

Really make the old grey matta jibba jabba.

Yup it did

>Falling for the jewish child-free life meme

don't do it, user.

Because it's a business.

>homosexuality found in several hundred species
huh

What's Hitler's favorite electromagnetic physics law?
GauSS' law!