Reminder that Nietzsche was right all along. We already are what he describes as the "last men"...

Reminder that Nietzsche was right all along. We already are what he describes as the "last men". Western civilization has failed. How will the imminent downfall of Western Civilization affect life in the rest of the world? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A return to Barbarism. That's it. Simple living, small scale communities of tribes, agricultural becoming the staple.

>the "last men"

which book is that from?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra, in the first few pages he describes how a world which can no longer hope to evolve into Übermensch will be like, he calls the people living in that world the "last men".

I actually just picked up some Nietzsche books including that one. I couldn't figure out which one to read first so I'll probably just start with that one

>Reading Nietzsche books.
I might do that some day. Right now I'm reading The Book of Lies by Aleister Crowley. Shit's confusing, man.

The english versions of zarathustra i've seen were awful

may I ask why you're reading Crowley?

Does he describe these men?

user, he described a two hundred period which began a generation before him in which it would take two hundred years of nihilism to eventually reevaluate all European values after the death of Christianity. This he hoped begin the rise of another Napolean like figure.

>reading crowley
>not reading evola
Step up nigga

>This he hoped begin the rise of another Napolean like figure.

you mean this guy?

No he doesn't, you fucking retard.
>Not understanding Nietzsche
Ubermensch is the solution to strive for after the collapse of Christianity in order to avoid falling into nihilism.
Don't spread misinformation, you pseudo-intellectual moron.

OP doesn't know what he's talking about.
Start with the Greeks, faggots.

You won't even begin to understand Nietzsche if you just dive into his work alone.

Eh, saw the book on an image of suggested reading for a type of pill. I figured it would be better reading those books and figuring out what it's about myself than asking this board for information.

Plus it's only 116 pages long, so I could read it twice to better understand and memorize it.

Too early. Two thousand years of Christianity shaping European values takes longer than a mere fifty years to adjust to.

Shame we'll be too old by then.

this fpbp

>Evola
Maybe in the future.

Wouldn't that cause a reduction in technological advancement?

Also, the "last man", in layman's terms, is referring to the last man who remains the same (religious, nihilistic, wasteful, pretty much how everyone is today) whether by ignorance or choice, and pointing out that they will be viewed akin to how we view monkeys now. They will be the last man as humanity would have evolved to something greater.

OP lacks the necessary brainpower to become Ubermensch, since he can't even understand stuff that he claims to have read yet he spreads his mangled interpretation as if gospel. Quite ironic really.

Spoon feeding other people on "how to" become Ubermensch is not possible. It's literally the opposite of it. You'd know this if you had actually read his work and not just the Wikipedia page, you dense fuck.

Incorrect. It cannot work, the only way to move is forward and upward.

Stop using technology.

Ironically, he definitely had certain traits that are necessary for becoming over man.

>Self sufficient lifestyle
>Survival skills
>Critical thinker
>Made significant contributions to mathematics
>Extremely high IQ
>Confident
>Excellent planner
>Possessed the will to take drastic action

He just went a bit too far off the deep end.

I will not, and why should I? Technology is the application of the knowledge humanity has earned through rigorous study, experimentation, and labor. Given to us by the men of the past to better the world of today. To throw it away would be damning the works of these souls to be all for naught.

No, the answer isn't less technology, for that'll reduce the quality of life for all. Rather we should push ever forward towards better innovations, inventions, and tools. To grow as a race ever more powerful and wise. To conquer all there is, and take our rightful place on the throne of the universe!

There is no guarantee we will see the fruits of these labors, unless of course our next conquest is that of death itself...

it's domesticating us and making us weaker and weaker and more dependent on it as each generation passes
it has gone way past the point of being useful to survive, it's a burden

How can this be possible when all the nuclear reactors melt down after the scientists who operate them are gone? The entire northern hemisphere is going to be fucked.

Technology cannot domesticate you; it has no will to impose on you nor a mind to hatch schemes. It is not the fault of the tool that the user has become weak, but rather the user is to blame.

It is not the fault of technology that the world is under constant threat of a nuclear storm. It is the men who are willing to kill each other with the technology that make it what it is.

Your world view seems to be focused on the destruction mankind brings upon itself with a lack of wisdom and control. Yet, perhaps in your own pride in mankind, you have taken these frustrations out on technology as a scapegoat.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_man
>According to Nietzsche, the last man is the goal that Western civilization has apparently set for itself.
>The lives of the last men are pacifist and comfortable. There is no longer a distinction between ruler and ruled, strong over weak, or supreme over the mediocre. Social conflict and challenges are minimized. Every individual lives equally and in "superficial" harmony. There are no original or flourishing social trends and ideas. Individuality and creativity are suppressed.

also reminder that nietzsche was a delusional european federalist who hate nationalism and larped as a pole

you know exactly what I meant, stop playing around with words
by its nature technology is alluring for domestication and in fact here we are, weak ass nu-men who wouldn't survive a week in the wild
of course it's not technology by itself, but its main reason to exist, as I said, went far beyond the mere need of survival

The thing is, now that technology helps food appear in large variety not 20 meters away from you, and makes water available in your home whenever you want it. You have alot of free time to spend. Of course people turn to technology for entertainment, some go overboard, some use it rarely. It is not technologies fault. Even though pretty much everyone has a computer in a non shit hole country, alot of them dont actually sit infront of the computer all day.
There is still a large amount of people that do sports play instruments read books, prefer to be outside than inside, have their fun in the real world. And there is still alot of people that do all those things during their day, every day.
Some dont like that shit though, some prefer being at home.

>Wouldnt survive a week in the wild
Because its not your natural habitat, if you were to get someone that exclusively lives in the wild from hunting and put him into the city, without helps of others he sure as fuck would not be able to survive either. But with the help of technology and internet, you can read for general tips and strategies for surviving in the wild.
Maybe we dont know how to survive in the wild, but thats mostly due to the fact that, that knowledge is not necessary to us at this time.
You would be surprised about how many things you actually dont know that doesnt affect you in daily life at all.

>Because its not your natural habitat

WAT?!

>but its main reason to exist, as I said, went far beyond the mere need of survival
You say that like it's a bad thing. As if the overall betterment of an entire species is a terrible crime. I will admit, most men wouldn't survive a week in the wild. However, again this is not the fault of technology. In this case, there are two culprits; the social policies of today and the lacking will of men.

I have in a previous post already mentioned the lacking will of men, so here I shall discuss the policies of the society we live in. While the phenomenon you mentioned does exist, it is a rather recent one; having only come into existance in the past 50-70 years at least. Before this, the fat were few and nearly every man who was working was competent at it. Now, what has changed since then aside from technology?

The answer is quite simple; we let the incapable have as much say as the capable. We provided welfare to the undeserving and education to the unwilling to learn. This has reduced the incentive to grow strong; after all, why work towards a high spot in society when you're just as comfortable at the bottom.

>inb4 this is the fault of technology.

While technology has allowed for an unprecedented amount of abundance, that itself is not the problem. The problem is the society we now live in no longer sees weakness with shame or excessive sloth with disgust. No longer is it considered bad to want welfare. No longer do you need to be at a healthy weight to be considered "beautiful" by the masses.

No longer is hard work seen as desirable when you are expected to praise the lower and weaker for doing nothing of note.

this is the slow frog boil the jew has planned. When it is too late it will be too late we will be

SERVED

I may have phrased myself wrongly, but what i wanted to say is, its not where you were born, and the knowledge of surviving in the wild is not necessary to you at all. And it wont be necessary to a large percentage of people living on this planet.
I think i made that statement make abit more sense with
>if you were to get someone that exclusively lives in the wild from hunting and put him into the city, without helps of others he sure as fuck would not be able to survive either

Incorrect.

Look at Africa, find the man willing to build a garden, watch what his fellow man does to him within a month.

Power will move East again.

Well, why not just take the unmanned nuclear reactors and push them into space?

Nuclear reactors don't go off like bombs.

In most cases, they'll just fizzle out when there's no more fuel input to sustain the chain reaction.

No prob brate. U kurcu smo svi skupa. Nadam se da će doć dan da im se najebemo majke svima.

Vidio sam izbore kod vas neki dan. Nema pomoći. Ne znam do kada može ovako, majkemi.

Strah me vidjet kako se brzo rulja uzjoguni, bez obzira na internet. Mislim da bi mogli HR-SRB rat izmislit opet, sutra, da oće.

Nema pomoći, treba odjebat doslovno sve i bavit se šta ja znam, slikanjem, sviranjem i obitelj. Nema smisla ništa od ovog svega dok ta židovija postoji.

Razlog za rat je mozda najlakse izmisliti, narocito ako si na vlasti.
Biti previse ozbiljan oko stvari na internetu, cak iako su realne, nije dobra stvar.
Slikanje i sviranje bi bio fin hobi.

stop the fall

niggers

Niggers are the scum that will inherit the Earth for that very reasons.

When it finally collapses they'll be the first ones out there stealing and destroying everything around them.

>greece
You're misinterpreting Nietzsche, the last man is the inverse of the overman; the overman being an idealised form of perfect morality for an individual to aim towards and guide their life by

It's not the English it's that Nietzsche was all over the place and couldn't string thoughts together

>tfw I'm the ubermensch
Feels powerful man

What do you recommend to someone with no /lit/ experience?

You're right. We are the ultimate man/last men. We have failed to become ubermensch. Western culture is degenerate and dying.

It will be replaced by something else.