ESCAPISM GENERAL

MAKING PEACE WITH THE PATH OF SOCIETY EDITION
-----
Personal circumstances have caused an intense wanderlust in me over the past three years. I want to escape and get away from everything around me except my family.

I have devised a scheme to save up money, quit my job, and live on the road for a few years in the hopes that this brings me some form of peace, contentment, and intellectual stimulation. My current life has no real challenges. It is money, comfort, food, safety, stability, loneliness, and misery.

Last thread described my plan to save about $65 000 and live as a hobo for 1-3 years, getting in touch with nature and the underground members of society.

The other half of me is telling me to keep my job, accrue wealth and possessions, and then in sixty years, just die alone and give it to friends and relatives. While doing this, I would try to stay engaged in our fucked up society, keeping track of all the hypocrisy, corruption, double-dealing, deception, and hopelessness. I think we are intellectually crippling ourselves by our choices of media, technology, and social interaction. I see this only get worse as AI improves.

Still don't know what to do. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yh-QWKGbm2Q
blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2015/08/09/the-u-s-military-is-preparing-for-the-real-star-wars
dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/476182/Russia-developing-star-wars-space-weapons
spaceflightinsider.com/missions/defense/russian-soyuz-2-1b-rocket-successfully-launches-tundra-satellite
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonic_weapon#Reports
bbc.com/news/world-europe-34797252
phys.org/news/2016-01-killer-robots-late-scientists-davos.html
tass.com/defense/902921
nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm#cs_control_5088574
tripline.net/trip/Road_Trip_2016-63625237236410128D71B81F60F608A0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your call, m8

Do you enjoy participating in your society? Does it make you happy and fulfilled?

Yeah it's alright. I've got a strong community through church, and my wife does a lot of the maintenance on our social connections.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yh-QWKGbm2Q

its ugly out there, have fun

>save about $65 000 and live as a hobo for 1-3 years
I think you'll find, your average hobo manages to get by on somewhat less than $20-$65k per annum. Thats why they hobos.

Isn't the church merely a business enterprise that runs on parishioner contributions? Is it enough that you have a home and friends? Do you ever hunger for something different? Something off the beaten path?

I'm with Jules on this one.

I have a comfortable life which I hate for some reason. I can't control my desire to get away. I want to realize it somehow, even though I know it won't necessarily make me a better person.

That's what I want to learn. I have a good income right now, so with a couple years of dedicated saving, I could live a low-cost life style for a long time.

>Isn't the church merely a business enterprise that runs on parishioner contributions?

No, not really. It needs money to operate, sure, because things don't run on hopes and dreams. Nice little community of people that do bbqs and volunteer together.

It sounds so simple, but I don't think I could ever find a community that brings that kind of contentment.

>acquire wealth
You're saying that's you plan whichever way you go.
You really want to be the richest hobo on the road
and think you can live in step with the 'underground members of society'?
HaHahahaaa!
>keeping track of all the hypocrisy, double-dealing, deception, and hopelessness
A-HAHAHaHAHAAAA!

Go back to anime and daydreaming about escapiam faggot.

I've never seen anime other than on this site. But yes, the wealth bit is about not starving. My plan in interacting with the underground is to document what it's like down there.

Think: The People of the Abyss. That's the kind of thing I want to do.

Vagabond types tend to be pretty tribalistic and might not want to associate with you if you come off as a tourist. Maybe if you buy them booze they will talk to you though

I thought about that. I'm an alcoholic myself so thought I'd have no trouble fitting in. But also, I'm not going to be hitching in designer clothes. I'm going to go bare minimum and just have backup money if something happens.

I went on a preliminary trip in 2015 and most of the homeless and outsiders I encountered were incredibly friendly and offered me food and shelter.

It'll be interesting to see what choice you make.
The hobo option seems more attractive to me; of course, you need to be sure you're suited to make it work and can enjoy it the best you can. In the end, really only you can make this decision. Best of luck user.

It's still really easy to train hop

If you can do it save up the money and all you should. Ive personally lost all hope in society and mankind, the only thing keeping me together for the most part is religion.

Thanks. Most of the allure is the difficulty of it all. I would be sleeping outside and constantly traveling. I did it only for two weeks in 2015 and my feet were pretty messed up. But I'm becoming convinced that I'd rather fail at something interesting than succeed at the most humdrum, unimpassioned existence possible.

Indeed. I also happen to work for the railway, so I know all the spots and tricks. Western Canada will be a piece of cake. America will be a little more challenging.

What religion?

I tried for three whole years to get my religion back (Catholicism), but failed. I'm an atheist and there's nothing I can do about it.

>America will be a little more challenging.
Where would the fun be without a bit of a challenge?

Sound like you're doing it smart, being a self-imposed vegabond for a bit can be fun. You learn to appreciate all the first world amenities when you're out living under the stars with no direction or goal to aim for. Lots of time for self reflection

Jesus Christ paid the penalty in full for your sins on the cross. Once you place your trust in Christ ALONE for your salvation His Spirit will come to dwell in you. Your entire life will be regenerated and you will experience a peace and contentness that is literally not of this world, but of the Kingdom.

Before you do this though, you must acknowledge you are a hopeless and helpless doomed sinner without a Savior.

Don't seek this world for fulfillment, seek the Kingdom above. Seek Christ. God bless you.

Catholicism. Ive was a atheist/agnostic for about 5 years and just recently maybe a year or so regained my faith. Dislike some of the stuff the pope is saying im pretty sure its the globalist kikes infiltrating but dosent matter in the end. I completely get where your coming from but ive also come to realize that 90 percent of people in the world are in to escapism your average chad to your average autistic nerd.

That's what I'm hoping for. During my 2-week trip, the thing I missed most was my car. I took buses most of the way, and hitchhiked and walked the rest. The most was fourteen miles in one day, but that day ended by a night sleeping on the beach outside of Brookings, OR under the moonlight.

I can't wait to get back out there.

You need to start a family brother. That will make you feel whole. Live for your wife and your children.

Well set up a safety net that you can always bail out and go back, but a few months of good ol' fashion wandering the earth is plain fine.

Keep that open mind and make the best of the little you'll have with you. Just go with the flow, it always works out in the end regardless

nice quads

>19:00:00

you're right to want to escape society. there is rampant degeneracy and it's only getting worse

meanwhile ww3 is on the horizon. cities are the last place you want to be when shtf

I'm planning to move out into rural oregon later this month; maybe get a boat to prepare to escape to the southern hemisphere for ww3

I've been told this by my auntie. And I can't disagree with the results, but I question how meaningful the results are. I think the sense of contentedness, salvation, and security is the result of having a community of fellow Christians, not anything to do with Jesus.

True enough. But something inside us compels us to brush it off and run with the herd. I don't get it. I hate it.

As for the pope, I think he's pandering. He's been told that Catholic membership is dwindling and he needs to attract a younger base of members, so he's been very liberal and tolerant of everything un-Catholic.

IMHO, he's doing do disingenuously and if it's worth having a church and being a member of it, there ought to be decrees and platitudes that have some authority. Otherwise, what is the point of having a church?

If the pope undermines statements made in THE BIBLE, where is the church moored?

>ww3
North America is actually one of the safest places for that. Insulated un-invadable land mass with two oceans separating everything

& when war breaks out, economies boom

Ive done this and it was an expensive lesson. I learned it was my nature to be unhappy, not because of my enviornment. I enjoyed my new life for a few months but started to become depressed again and dreaming of starting anew.

Take a vacation.

Same here. We're probably the last of the true Americans.

I would love to have that option. I really would. Unfortunately, I'm not attracted to women.

I appreciate that. My plan is to rent out my condo for the year or two and have my brother keep an eye on it. Then if I bitch-out on living on the road, I'll have a place to live again.

I remember reading an article several years ago about how Alberta (where I'm from) would be one of the safest places to live were martial law and revolution to occur. Cities, I agree, are the last place you want to be: more desperate people with fewer resources.

I fell in love with Oregon when I went there, btw.

Salvation comes only from a faith in Christ's atoning sacrifice on the cross for you. Nothing else. Fellowshipping with fellow Christians is a great thing, but it isn't what saves a person. A person is saved by grace through faith, not of any works.

Christ took away your sins on the cross and in exchange. gave you His perfect righteousness.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

In the back of my mind, this EXACT thought looms. You're right and I know you're right. But until I learn to make peace with who and what I am, I'm going to have to prop up the fantasy that my current life and circumstances are the problem, not myself.

Thanks for the advice.

I believe it's possible to live a righteous and generous life without having any belief in Christ. There is no such thing as salvation. It is designed as a mechanism to threaten people into behaving in a way that is good for the safety and security of the species.

Definitely agree with that. Jesus Christ and our faith should not be something sold as in the pope is just saying whats hip and trendy to get support. The path to salvation is clear and it cant change. It isn't easy but the good things in life never are easy. I think its doing double damage actually because the people he is pandering to as in dumb liberals and progressives sure as hell wont become believers over night because the pope says muhamed isn't all that bad. And on the other hand hes just ruffing up his base as in actual Catholics. Idk man i think that just going on a wild soul searchy trip could be a double edged sword for you because you might end up not finding anything meaningfull and just ending up worse then before, not saying you should not do it just saying its a possibility that it could happen. For me the only thing i would want is what this user saidMeeting a nice girl the love of your life a loyal wife a caring mother and your best friend. That and God keep me from losing all hope and falling in to full despair in account of the degenerate world we live in.

>tfw became a fa/tg/uy
endless escapism with infinite possibilities. i'm having a blast after only my first game

Your plan is rational and sane. Some lessons need to be felt / learned to truly gain an appreciation for them.

When you're free & unattached, it gives a clear picture of whats going on around you from a perspective few get to experience in this day an age. Most people love the grind / rat race... The ascetic / hermit style has some interesting insights.

I agree. Siddhartha Buddha a good example of this

Desu their is only one way to attain moksha, to continue doing dharma

enjoy hanging out with junkies.

I did that for a few years. Had has interesting experiences.

Basically went Chicago -> Omaha -> Denver -> High Country, CO -> Moab, Utah -> ceder City, UT -> St. George, UT -> Las Vegas -> Slab City

>tfw trying to escape the cycle of rebirth & karma

You definetly can live and be a moral and good person without being a member of any faith not advocating for it just saying its possible. Disagree with the keeping people in line notion. Lot of what Abrahamic religions preach is very much unnatural, and without it we would live in a sort of dog eat dog world survival of the fittest which is the default state of humankind. I believe its that way because of the original sin.

I already have pretty nihilistic beliefs. What is driving me towards running away from society is that I don't think anything is special or meaningful. Essentially everyone is deceitful and self-serving, even those in our society who we consider righteous. Humans are all driven by self-serving desires. We're all programmed to pursue procreation, stability, and comfort. This defines everything we do. Even the church plays a role in this endeavour.

Sorry, I don't know what that means. fa/tg/uy?

That's all I want, really. But at the same time, is it possible to really experience the unattached life without burning all the bridges that you've spent the last ten years building? Society seems to be designed to get people chained to it from a social and financial position, with no reasonable opportunity to escape. That's why I'm chasing this reckless fantasy, because I don't see any other comparable route.

It is certainly possible for a person to do good deeds, without being in Christ. But our righteousness is like filthy rags before God's eyes.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

All people are born in a fallen sinful state. The conditions for entering heaven are absolute perfection, something that is impossible for us to ever achieve on our own, by any amounts of good works. The Pharisees in the bible rejected Christ and clung to their works-based salvation beliefs.

Jesus (God in the flesh) came to earth in order to fulfill God's law perfectly and become the propitiation for our sins on the cross.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

He paid for our sins in full. So that we wouldn't have to in hell.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Only through trust in Christ ALONE can save a person. Faith in Christ plus works is not and never will be proper faith.

God bless you.

you're confusing ww2 with ww3

fyi;

>The United States possesses more space weaponry than any other country

blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2015/08/09/the-u-s-military-is-preparing-for-the-real-star-wars

>Russia reveals new generation satellite to fight war in space

dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/476182/Russia-developing-star-wars-space-weapons

>Russia lost all of its early warning satellites in the spring of 2014.

spaceflightinsider.com/missions/defense/russian-soyuz-2-1b-rocket-successfully-launches-tundra-satellite

>two secret Soviet programs, "Mercury" and "Volcano", aimed at developing a "tectonic weapon" that could set off earthquakes from great distance

>US Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, said..."Others are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonic_weapon#Reports

>According to state-run Rossiiskaya Gazeta, the destructive power attributed to the new torpedo's warhead would fit the description of a cobalt bomb.

>A cobalt bomb has never been tested because of the devastating radiation it would unleash.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-34797252

>"We are talking about autonomous weapons, which means that there is no one behind it. AI: artificial intelligence weapons," he told a forum in Davos. "Very precisely, weapons that can locate and attack targets without human intervention."

phys.org/news/2016-01-killer-robots-late-scientists-davos.html

>Russia crafting line of ‘dragonfly’ drones

tass.com/defense/902921

etc.

>be you
>greentext stories
>entertain and inform fellow pollacks

>Sorry, I don't know what that means. fa/tg/uy?
how new are you?

What was your overall impression? Did you experience any sort of contentment or joy? Because that's what I'm missing in my current life.

I think we do live in a dog-eat-dog world. But people are just becoming more creative in how they exercise it. Think of the corporate influence on politics....they find a "legal" way to impose their goals on all of society with legal backing. Yes, it allows us regular folk to live our lives under the umbrella of capitalism, but it also diverts tax-payer money towards the interests of the corporate elites.

Taking America as an example, the amount of wealth they have and have generated over the years, poverty really should have been essentially reserved for junkies and alcoholics. Yet a fifth of its population flirts with financial devastation every day. Is that because individuals are generally generous, or generally self-serving?

>is it possible to really experience the unattached life without burning all the bridges that you've spent the last ten years building?
When you truly become unattached you really won't give a fuck about that

>Society seems to be designed to get people chained to it from a social and financial position, with no reasonable opportunity to escape
It appears that way, but their are routes one can take to be unattached and independent from the dependency

You can gain a perspective few else have - Especially when it is self imposed. If you're not worrying / struggling while wandering, you've got lots of time to ponder, talk to people, question, grow, enjoy, etc. Just go with the flow, it's what men have been doing for centuries, seeking opportunities, insights, knowledge, etc. And that got us this far...

Just do it. The time will fly, months will pass with ease as each day presents new unique opportunities. It forces you to get up each day and move forward and do something different, it's refreshing - if you feel stuck in a rut.

Like I would want to associate with the typical vagabond hobo TRASH that is not there by choice but because they won't stop drinking drugging and doing crimes and generally being pieces of shit.

Yes that is 90%+ of them but there ARE others out there, some might call them "hipster hobos" who CHOOSE to be out there and are good people.

I've met a few. Those are the ones you want to associate with. Not the ones who make meth out in the woods then have gay AIDs sex.

Pretty new. On Sup Forums since 2012 and Sup Forums since 2014.

Let the low orbital satellite arrays rain down their fury, we star wars now

I'm just go really north and head inna woods

>tfw 9k in debtnszt
>fell for the school loan meme
SHIEETTTTTE

is a board. i can't spoonfeed any more than that im afraid. no hard feelings i hope

Oh, I hope you're right.

I spent a few nights in the Portland, OR area sleeping on benches and by the Columbia river and recognized that of the (many) homeless there, so many were not older than about 22. I got the impression that they were basically living a voluntary lifestyle. They had chosen to be homeless junkies and gutter punks and, though I'm sure their existence was largely unpleasant, they had chosen it.

I can't really criticize homelessness if it is a chosen way of living. They slept on bare sleeping bags on the sidewalks in the entrances to concrete skyscrapers. It dipped below 0C at nighttime and they were huddled in pairs on every block. I had a winter-rated sleeping bag and the hardest part for me was keeping away from the rats.

9k is relatively low. So pay it off aggressively and don't look back. I was lucky in that my parents paid half my tuition and I worked summer jobs to pay the other half. And even so, I hated school and dropped out anyway. But still managed to be debt-free.

you can't just head innawoods. see the "cobalt nukes" or the "autonomous drones"

nigga, you need to aim higher than that

I gotta run, Godspeed

>Oh, I hope you're right.
Just speaking from what I picked up in my time spend wandering around

Keep that open mind & a positive spirit

& like points out, avoid the druggies and boozers, you'll waste time

I assumed so, but didn't know what is stood for. Had only heard of fa/tv/irgin.

Cheers & thanks

Not completely, true large parts of it are a dog eat dog world. And I believe that we have come to a new stage of not just ta dog eat dog for the survival of the fittest notion but a dog eat dog because dog is bored type. Like fucking up a country and hundreds of thousand of people just because you want more money even tho you already have more then you could ever spend type of deal. But as long as their are people out there who are not in it people who have escaped society, virtuous people like the saints and just generally good moral people then there will always be a dam against the full take over of that way of the dog eat dog way of doing things.But you should not despair or lose joy because of the nature of the majority of your fellow human kind.

Hard to do when your dad makes you pay rent and minimum wage is 7.25 an hour. Where 6 hours of the day is school, there's no way make enough money to save. I'm thinking about just running away, working some illegal alien-like job under a fake name or something.

TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE NIGGERS AND JEWS OP

>Last thread described my plan to save about $65 000 and live as a hobo for 1-3 years

With that much money just feeding, washing and finding shelter, you'd simply be LARPing as a hobo. That's just an extended camping trip. You'd never go hungry, thirsty, or without adequate shelter.

Yet that's just another aspect of human nature: we become addicted to wealth and the power it affords us. That's why you see billionaire globalists continuing to try to influence international affairs. The money is never enough. The food, the comfort, the sex, the mansions, the fame is never enough. They always want more power.

It's a criticism of humanity. And I don't blame religion for trying to temper that instinct, but don't tell me that Jesus or Buddha or Mohammad has provided any sort of solution to this instinct. Rather, they are trying to cooperate with it and put it in terms that don't undermine all the stabilizing features in society.

What does your dad charge for rent? Because I'm pretty sure it's less than what the market demands. In my city, a shitty one-bedroom apartment is around $800/month before utilities, internet, and parking. But besides all that, you have to decide if your education is worthy of the sacrifices you're making now.

Are you seeking long-term employment afterwards? Does your degree/diploma ensure you a reasonable chance at said employment? Will you be able to pay off your debts within five years of graduating?

I found out recently that my best friend is jewish and it doesn't really change anything. We have really good conversations. Also, I rent out a room in my condo to a black guy right now. It's all good.

Racism is masturbation. I get why people do it, but it doesn't really achieve anything.

For how long, though? I admit that I was, and will be, a tourist in that world. But my hope is that I don't have to go all-in on something I don't yet understand. And I also hope that I can learn to love that lifestyle and and still have an emergency fund for when I get sick, and to visit my family once a year. Other than that, I will do what I need to to earn money and survive, even if that means begging.

>well paying job
>Set for life
>Still unhappy

Do you have friends? How often do you frequent bars and events that fall under the category of what you're into

Sounds like you lack social stimulation from a network of friends and acquaintances

Not just any old body, but people that can relate to you and meet you on your intellect

380 dollars a month. Cheapest apartment in my city is around 475 a month. The city where I go to college at (takes 1 hour of commute driving to get to campus though) has a lowest of 575, and that's with crack addicts and shit living there. My major is forensic science, so there would be a job but it's 2 years away still.

If you train hop please bring a weapon. I had a friend robbed and killed by hobos while train hopping for fun many years ago.

I have four really good friends, and 5-6 friends through work. I'm really close with my siblings.

I lack intellectual stimulation, but it's mostly due to my lack of discipline. I read a lot and spend a lot of time on wikipedia and youtube, but only have good conversations with people once or twice a month.

I do have anti-social tendencies, but not so bad that it's noticeable to the people around me. I think that from the outside, I look like a perfectly normal twenty-something male.

Tough it out. And don't treat your formal education as a magical ticket to freedom. You have to be continually learning, not just from the curriculum. An education isn't just about learning what you need to know, it's about learning how to think about things and recognize patterns and symbols for what they represent.

$380/mo is a steal, so embrace it. And also spend time with your Dad. Ask him about his life and be a friendly, modest "roommate."

I carry a buck knife and bear spray, handy at all times, whether tenting, hitchhiking, or train-hopping. I know there are desperate, violent, and unstable people out there. I want to talk to them, but that doesn't mean I assume they're good people.

And even if it's just short-term, I don't think it's possible to be worse-off than I am now. I am in a settled blue-collar career with serious job-security. Worst case scenario, I crawl back here afterwards.

380 dollars to live in a room in my dad's house. Yeah, great shit, "lucky" family charges me to live. I wouldn't have debts if my dad didn't charge rent. I could have saved 13k to go to school since college started if I didn't have to pay him rent money for 3 years.

And I know what my education is, don't patronize me on that shit. I take it serious, not as a "ticket to freedom." Forensic science is a constant learning experience from beginning of college till retirement.

So how can you be feeling so anxious about $9k in debt?

My parents didn't charge me rent after I turned 18. I moved out at age twenty and quickly lost control of my finances. I didn't have any money management skills. I was often broke. I worked for $9.50/hr at a liquor store and still was always broke. The bottom line is that you're getting a deal to live there. If nothing else, you're learning how to manage your finances, a skill that most spoiled brats never get to learn until it results in bankruptcy.

quit my job last year, did this for 6 months

one of the best decisions of my life

working again now, but already got itchy feet again...

>an alcoholic
Real talk user, you should probably sort through the reasons behind your propensity for escapism before running off to be a fancy transient. Drugs, alcohol, and wild fantasies all go hand in hand. Outpatient rehab wouldn't be the worst start. You have the money and you have a family that would support you.

Because in all I barely keep to myself 50 dollars a month, that shit goes to my regular shit; I barely able to pay for my own food, clothes, cleaning supplies without burning through the extra 50 left over. Car problems every few months (remember, i commute 1 hour to school every single day), etc. Luckily my grandmother takes pity on me and gives me a card for gas only.
I make 7.25 an hour and I can't even work the full 40 hours a normal job allows. I'm literally less than broke right now. No, I'm not lucky.

Besides, you're an alcoholic, so what do you know about managing finances? I don't do cigs nor alcohol unless I'm offered a free beer. least you can afford alcohol apparently.

>I read a lot and spend a lot of time on wikipedia and youtube

kek

What did you do? Where did you go? Any insights are appreciated.

I thought about this. One of the main reasons I've put off this project for so long is because I think I ought to quit drinking before I quit my job. I'm probably going to start counseling this summer so that in 18 months I can actually exercise my plan with some clear-minded consideration. But at the same time, the things that lead me to drink are the same things that make me hate the lifestyle I'm living. I don't doubt that life is better sober, but I have no way of testing this hypothesis. My job is stressful and it's shiftwork. Without alcohol, I don't know that I wouldn't just kill myself instead.

I've had the same feelings that you have had leaf

my biggest struggle has been the question "and then what?"

I'm not criticizing you, I'm just telling you that if it's worth pursuing, you'll find a way. Whenever I'm feeling sorry for myself, I remember that everything I've experienced can be a prologue to a really cool existence. It doesn't have to be wall-to-wall shit.

You seem very resentful of your dad for charging you rent, even though he's charging you much below market price.

Have you looked at other employment options?

True story. I've learned more on those than I did in three years at university.

rented a car and went on a roadtrip around the states. got one of these and went to a ton of national parks: nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm#cs_control_5088574

picrelated was one of my favorite places

does it matter? do it and just soak it in, be present, live in the moment...

then peer into the crushingly deep, dark abyss within yourself afterwards :^)

And then you go back to where you are now, but having had a somewhat enriching experience on the road.

I don't judge the people who live normal existences. I just fear that I'm going to wake up at 50 and look back and realize that I never did anything fun, risky, or interesting and always stuck to the safe, stable path of constant employment, mortgages, bills, and bullshit distractions for entertainment.

So I could work the same job for thirty more years and be comfortably and somewhat wealthy, but stuck with the sense that I've wasted my life and youth for safety and security.

Because a family member shouldn't be charging to you for simply being alive. It's not my fault I was squirted out and forced to live a life, at least I am going to college and providing mostly for myself.
It's like I made you, now pay me money or go live on the street. Going to college to better yourself?! doesn't matter, pay me or live on the street and fail at life goals.

Did something similar last fall.

tripline.net/trip/Road_Trip_2016-63625237236410128D71B81F60F608A0

Zion NP was a definite highlight. I thought about doing this adventure on a motorbike - and still might - but I think that would change the tone of it.

The first 18 years of your life were lived under the shelter and protection of your parents. Every meal, every piece of advice and wisdom, every bit of guidance occurred under their supervision.

That you feel cast-out and alienated now that you're an adult is unfortunate, but is probably a blessing because you have the opportunity to learn how cold and heartless the real world is, but you get to do so under controlled circumstances.

Do you know what is also legal? He could tell you to get out of his house. Pay $500-600/month plus a security deposit and utilities and parking and tuition and internet. But he isn't he's giving you a deal because he thinks you're capable of managing.

How come canadas always make the most psedu intellectual posts. Every fucking time its a canada

Do you have anything to counter the sentiments I expressed? Or are you just taking a shit?

>Last thread described my plan to save about $65 000 and live as a hobo for 1-3 years, getting in touch with nature and the underground members of society.
This is retarded. Street people can be cool in a weird laid back way sometimes but most are just degenerate drug addicts and will just kill you for your 65k. Better to just go innawoods if you want to get away from normal society

Part of my journey will definitely be in the woods. But the main part will be traveling along the coast and talking to homeless people. I won't have $65 000 cash on me, but the means of using that money when the time comes. I think I will keep like $250.00 on me at all times and then stash the rest away in credit or something.

Plus, my whole plan is to never give away that I have some money, but to live as if I'm a recovering addict (because I will be, having been an alcoholic) with no money or prospects.

And while most people are content with a stable income, a spouse, and some property, I feel like this is a way of pulling us away from truly living our lives. It's a materialistic answer to a philosophical problem.

I´m already in the process of saving money for a similar purpose.
I want to escape, really. So I moved back in with my parents temporarily to do so.
In two years I should have enough saved up and be in a good position where I will quit my job and live in my car for up to half a year, traveling the US before moving to Europe on a work visa.

What do you plan to do and see?

You won't have fun living like a street person unless you love hard drugs. 95% of them are hooked and thats their little culture, just being parasites, and if you try to fit in they will just leach off you and probably rob you. Just go innawoods bro

The world is going to go to shit, no matter what. I would try to enjoy it while you can, and not to worry about saving up for the future.

I want to talk to these people and find out what drove them into that lifestyle and what they see on their horizons. I feel like our society has a lack of will to continue and so settles for superficial distractions. I want to know what it's like to live in the underground.

Is there any way to still have fun while existing on the outskirts of a crumbling society?

>using the term "wanderlust" unironically

stopped reading here you need to kill yourself as soon as possible preferably today

I have no idea. I´m just going to wing it really, perhaps put notices online for anyone that wants to tag along, even for a day or two, maybe even give free rides for anyone heading in my direction. Make new friends on the road, new experiences.
But definitely check out all the cities I´ve never seen before I leave the US.