Think about this existence. Christians argue that hell is going to be like this

Think about this existence. Christians argue that hell is going to be like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_long_spoons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

think about what it was like before you were born

death is going to be exactly like that

I'm going to EMP those speaking trash cans.

>1 post by this faggot

Another anti christianity shill thread

How am I incorrect, maybe I should have said "Abrahamic religions" (Judaism, Islam, Christianity)?

Well, jews copied Sumerian stuff.

That's not the point. What does really matter is imaging an eternity of suffering: the maximum amount of pain possible, experienced each second. That would truly be an indescribable cosmic horror.

Hell isn't permanent, it's where you go when your soul is incompatible with being near God or his place (think migrants in Western civ, they need to become civilized, good people before they can enter). The length of time and proportional punishment is all dependent on the individual, even in the afterlife you maintain free will.

you assume christians believe that hell is in the afterlife

a stronger case is hell exists on earth

Hell is a false doctrine, and many of the passages that 'Christians' who believe in Hell take to refer to the damned actually refer to themselves.

can't scream without lungs

You're speaking of purgatory...

what about if you had no mouth?

its technology i dont gotta explain shit

That's bullshit. That wasn't even common thought in the medieval times, it was just shit they told retarded peasants to keep them in line.

Hell is the absence of god, not physical pain. It's a state of mind, just like heaven is.

Hell is other people. Especially once those people have had all sense of mercy, empathy, compassion, and love ripped out of them from their rejection of God.

What do Muslims believe anyway? Its gotta be worse than Christians, they act like every act on Earth could lead them to the OPs photo, I don't know how many Christians actually worry about this on a weekly basis tbhfam.

>Let's Make It Happen Faggots
#FireKushner
#KeepBannon

Hell is other people.

So what if they do?

No it's not faggot. It's going to be a dream or a nightmare. Take your pick. I suggest you repent.

So basically hell is where everyone hurts each other. And heaven would be the opposite of the robot comic above: everyone experiences the most amount of happiness possible (they are embracing God) with robots causing it or otherwise (God causing it?).

That image: "take this fly" - what?

I always associated heaven with satisfaction rather than happiness and hell with confusion as opposed to pain

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_long_spoons

> The allegory of the long spoons is a parable that shows the difference between heaven and hell by means of people forced to eat with long spoons. It is attributed to Rabbi Haim of Romshishok, as well as other sources.

> In hell the people are unable to lift food to their mouths using such unwieldy cutlery, and are starving. In heaven, the diners feed one another across the table and are sated.

Its not really the pain its the fact you will go nuts while in hell.

>So basically hell is where everyone hurts each other. And heaven would be the opposite
Yeah, I mean we don't know for sure what Heaven and Hell is like, but I would imagine that since Hell is the absence of God, and God IS good, to be completely absent of God is to be absent of all the good things God created in us, with only a husk of sin and hatred remaining. Surround that person of hatred and degeneracy with other similar humans and their existence with each other will be a living Hell.

Meanwhile, in Heaven we are cleansed of all the sin that scars our souls. We live in harmony with each other and with God, experiencing eternal joy from his infinite glory and holiness.

>"take this fly" - what?
Take this flyer. Like the flyers they hand out at church and what not.

Suffering: example 1

hell is a state of mind.

Suffering: example 2

Yahweh is real. He is a well fed thoughtform. His original form was as the Canaanite god of war. The Hebrews used to worship the Canaanite pantheon before they wanted their own identity. They adopted a patron god and turned him into a supergod. They just kept feeding it's ego and giving it more worshippers.

What it is, is a soul collector. What god would benefit from war? That which absorbs the souls of those vanquished. The ones it favors it sends to it's heaven, the ones it does not it sends to it's hell. They're both prisons that keep you from enlightenment. The nirvana of oneness with the real omnipotent, omniscient force of the universe.

Yahweh's heaven is yet another simulation like life, one that traps your soul and must be escaped. Don't let this demon in your life. Follow the true path to light. Continue seeking and you shall find.

Yes, it sounds like garbage. In fact a God that is "all knowing" sounds horrific. To know the totality of totality is to realize everything with nothing missing. That which can be known is logical knowledge and empirical knowledge (including conscious experience). An "all knowing" God would know everything; such God would know everyone's experience: fictional and non-fictional which means that the comic posted in the OP would be real in the mind of God.

Yep, he knows every evil thought, every ounce of pain and misery, and bit of happiness we experience. And even more than that, he came down to Earth to experience it all himself, ultimately dying to save us from our own sin.

desu my ex is a bible thumper who is going to be succesful and shes fucking hot as fuck
I constantly consider renouncing my non spirtual ways and just pretend to be like
jesus saves yall
would it be worth it DESU
shes Aryan af

is this OC?

Don't pretend to be a Christian so you can get a girlfriend. If you do decide to pursue this woman, be honest about your relationship with God, and let her help you along your walk with Christ.

Also, the character is Christ-chan.

>dream or a nightmare

What about everything Jesus said about bodily resurrection? I think you might have just given into the pop-culture idea of the soul rather than the Christian one

You misunderstood me. Please define for me what you mean by "all knowing". "All knowing" to me means knowing the totality of totality (with nothing missing); this includes experiencing the consciousness of characters in "fictional" stories.

The worst part about not being a Chrstian is seeing how cool some Christians are

It's hard to be cooler than Joshua Graham.

Oh, well I mean he knows "about" everything, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is experiencing every perspective possible at the same time.

I don't need to pretend to be a Christian to get a girlfriend. I would need to pretend to be a Christian to live a life that I'd consider a decent one. She'd be the woman to do it with. Sorry my dude but I'll never be able to believe in a god.

The situation in this cartoon is better than hell, though, because at least it ends eventually.

>knows "about" everything
So you're saying God does not completely and entirely know everything. It would be better if that were the case. To know everything includes knowing all the experiences of everyone fictional or non-fictional. If you didn't not know the experience of maximum suffering for 100 years of 10 billion people then you only partly know everything. To know those experiences is to make them real. For them to be real is horrific.

There's been an influx of religious discussion threads on this board lately. Why is that?

Who's this nigger mummy man?

Anyone have that brain meme that goes theism -> atheism -> agnosticism -> something about Christianity?

Joshua Graham, from Fallout: New Vegas. He's a Mormon, but he's easily one of the best written religious characters I've ever seen.

Lot's of stuff happening in the middle east, and a whole lot of Christians being persecuted over there.

>"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." -Werner Heisenberg
Is that what you were thinking of?

Ah, thanks. I have that game so I'll be sure to look into that.

only cool mormon in anything ever

no, it was like this one but with different text

You'll need the Honest Hearts DLC.

Dang it. Looks like I need to buy it.

you fucking degen

>Yemen
Did pretty good until the last panel. Exploration of universal truths ultimately is the evolution of the human conception of god. Old gods have always been placeholders for ignorance. As we discover more about the universe and reality in general, science more accurately defines the concept of god until god and reality are one in the same definition.

God is a collectively constructed concept of essential being and ultimate reality. The authority source is claims of infinite power and greatness which appeals to people. Essential being provides people a meaning of living the correct way; it is a set of suggestions on the best decisions. People find decisions they make themself to be insufficient and too hurtful. Admiring power as I would admire overcoming to a better life, it is still weak and could be much better. Doing the day-to-day activities is thus justified with promises of huge returns instead of meager ones.

I can't tell if you are serious, but that example is one among many expressions of extreme suffering which I seek to understand in a particular manner.

lol ok you fuckin edgelord but it's fake so i guess you'll have to get ur extreme suffering jollies elsewhere

"Edgy" means affirming death and pain to be cool. I am not doing that; I am seriously negating it.