Why should I feel motivated to go to college?

Why should I feel motivated to go to college?
Why would I want a job?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_shop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't go to college. Fuck your dumb dreams of being an artist or taking out a loan to study dumb shit. Learn a trade. Machine shops are dying for people and quite often offer on the job training.

Well, for people who aren't self employed like me, college is one method for obtaining a job so that you can continue to live. Otherwise , you die lol.

You shouldn't
just dont be a burden on your family or society
if you want to make money you'll need a job of some kind unless you plan on being a drug dealer/pimp/thief

You should only feel motivated if the subject you're studying is interesting to you and inspires passion and creative inquiry.

If you're attending school in order to get a fucking job, just quit now. Save yourself the money and the stress and just pursue your interests in the open market.

So you can afford to raise 5 white children to contribute to the coming race war in 50 years time.

I work professionally as a graphic artist full time
I love when blue collar shitheads like you think its impossible

this

I want to make a 6 figure salary so I have to.

Unless you want to make chump money all your life, school is a necessity. Unless you can run a business.

I'm not motivated by anything other than music
Unfortunately playing guitar all day doesn't pay and I don't know anything about the open market

Doesn't mean that you make more than me

What are machine shops

I literally look like that and have a job.

how can anyone make big money being a banker or investment banker without school? Sometimes the motivation is making big bucks

You can go to college and not get a job. That's what most people do now OP.

(You)

Because you probably think of yourself as someone who is above average intelligence. If you are you should at least make average American income or else you have to face up to the fact that you are in reality a retard who can't solve basic problems in life.

Because the more you earn, the bigger your toys are

> inb4 leaf big toys

More or less factory shit but the computer-esque stuff is what makes good money and actually involves knowledge

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_shop

You don't sound like college material. That is quite an id by the way.

>Machine shops are dying for people
machining is quickly being automated out of existence as a profession, what the fuck are you talking about

I work at a manufacturing facility with expensive robots machining pretty much everything at the push of a button

the only long term safe job is in STEM. there is no way around this

>Why would I want a job?
you need to eat

Why wouldn't I live on a farm and grow my own food then?

I'm not motivated by anything besides writing and drawing my own comic books. I know there is no hope making average American male income from this because I don't make the kind of shit that many people buy.

Solution: I work as a home health liscensed nurse doing midnight shifts. I get all the time in the world to fuck with my hobby. Just find a gig where people leave you alone and don't expect much of you and leave you to your own devices.

No one respects full time graphic artists. Artists that have a vision would rather be dead than be stuck drawing jew packaging for sheckles 40 hrs a week.

you need money to buy a farm and other supplies

This is what I want
What unmotivates me the most about my engineering major is that I know that I'll have to work with people
My dream job is one where I can be isolated
I'd like to do things like alone outdoor work but I know it's unreasonable and unlikely I'll end up comfy

Depends on where you work. A lot of places are like that, but I was lucky enough to find a place that has very few plants and depends on people to keep everything running smoothly. The machines that are used are one of a kind and worth millions

Newer CNC machines/ converting non CNC shit to CNC is a big investment, and may not exist at all. The problem is that there aren't many people out there than can create, maintenance and understand them.

If you're a dumb shit, yeah, go ahead and burn out as a laborer making $20 an hour.

For starters, there is always a big market for live music. You develop a set and write some songs, practice some covers, and offer your services to bars. Or start busking on a popular street and collect tips.

My favorite toy is the leafblower

this is why musicians are in such high demand

jew packaging for sheckles

What do you think a comic book is?

You can get licensed as a nurse in one year (LPN, if you find the right school). The job is in constant demand so if one gig sucks, there are plenty more out there. It's indoors, but you are completely alone your whole shift. I work 32 hrs a week and make average American male income ($29 hr.). On top of that you have a job where you are providing a useful service to humanity instead of just making bullshit no one cares about. Also everyone knows what a nurse is and you gain a shred of dignity in society. It's worth considering. I get a lot of comics done there and I don't see why you wouldn't be able to bring a laptop and do music stuff like mixing your songs on garageband or whatever while getting paid.

Go into healthcare nigga, it's the only remaining recession-proof career

Let your hatred of Yoko propel you to great heights.

>What do you think a comic book is?

It's stories told with drawings, so a comic book is whatever the creator wants it to be.

>He likes to blow leaves
What are you, some kind of faggot?

If you do get into nursing, shoot for HOME CARE MIDNIGHT SHIFTS. That way you don't have to deal with assholes and everyone leaves you alone all night every night.

>I'm not motivated by anything besides writing and drawing my own comic books. I know there is no hope making average American male income from this because I don't make the kind of shit that many people buy.

If you make me a right-wing comic book I will subscribe to that and pay well above what comics usually cost.

They kind of are. Now there are people who have settled for music thinking they can make it, but if a person decided to pursue music with the same effort and dedication with which others pursue their educations, a person could stand out and find stable work playing music.

It's certainly not easy, but half the fun of doing something creative for a living is living the "starving artist" lifestyle.

My cousin only make 60k after 3 years at Deloitte.

Barely can afford living.

Is this a good job?

Nursing is what I started with and I was quick to change after the semester was over
Something about the biology building at my school looking like a dark dungeon and all of my classmates being tumblrgirls is really discouraging
On a more serious note the actual scary thing about it is just knowing that if I don't make it into nursing school I'm stuck with a biology degree
A fucking biology degree
That's basically like getting a tattoo that says "I'm a gullible faggot"

Your mistake was getting jewed into a 4 year college for a course that only takes 1 or 2 years. You aren't looking for a degree in nursing...you are just looking to get the bare bones minimum qualifications to take the state boards. Once you pass the boards you're licensed.

I don't have a degree in anything. Plenty of schools offer LPN or RN fast track courses and you won't end up paying 60K for school like a sucker. My whole education was $15K

So you don't become a lazy NEET burden to society. Every man must contribute for a country to work. Living off welfare is a shameful existence.

>60K
>Barely can afford living.

>tfw brother is hellbent on going to college for music education
>tfw he's gonna get fucked so hard and doesn't realize it