What is your favorite literature Sup Forums? (serious)

I've currently been trending towards philosophy recently. I finished The Art of War and The Prince, now reading The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius. Interested to see what kind of literature y'all are in to.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason:_Liberal_Treachery_from_the_Cold_War_to_the_War_on_Terrorism
online-literature.com/conrad/184/
pdf-archive.com/2015/03/08/the-toronto-protocols-serge-monast/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good list right here for right wing literature. I particularly liked "The Death of the West" by Pat Buchanan.

But Classical literature I liked, well I guess its not "Classical" as in forever ago, but I really like "Growth of the Soil" by Knut Hamsun. Really fucking great book I recommend it immensely

It's a big book.

4 legs amirite

Is particularly good

Big fan of Locke, excellent choice.

I'll make another recommendation. Paradise Lost. Fantastic book, love how Milton uses Christian mythology as a way to explore the political scene of Cromwell's England

favorite would be golden age science fiction by Clarke, Asimov, Heinlein, Dick, Vonnegut, Herbert, and the ilk.

currently finishing John Brown Gordon's reminiscences of the Civil War, been a lovely read. fella started the war in '61 as a captain of a bunch of north Georgia hillboys wearing coon-skin caps and ended at Appomatox in 1865 commanding fully half of the Army of Northern Virginia.

wounded a staggering amount of times, yet not suffering one amputation. truly a madman of a soldier

I've read the first two. How is The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius?

fpbp

The Southern general did some pretty fantastic shit with what they were given. They were traitors granted, but achievement can be recognized despite what the cause stood for.

An essential on the philosophy of stoicism. Marcus Aurelius was among Rome's best ever, and his Mediation provide insight on his opinions on how a man ought to live.

I like Hemingway quite a bit and yukio mishima

Anybody ever researched Edward Bernays?

Pretty mind blowing stuff. Dude is basically at the root of all degeneracy in America

Pritpal?

I actually just finished that today and it's very insightful. Highly recommend it if philosophy is your thing.

Commit all of your attrocities at once. (The Prince)

Halfway through this. It's a surprisingly exhausting read, a little pop-sciencey, but there's a lot of good stuff in here

You might want to give The Analects a read depending on how you liked Art of War. Then Plato's Republic (although arguably it might be considered meme tier)

Thanks for the incite. definitely interested. I'm going to give it a read.

Very inspirational philosophical text and it's the most interesting book I've ever read. Diverts away from the philosophical core into political incorrectness for like a third of the rest of the 80 pages.

Reedings 4 faggots

Alfred Rosenbergs The Myth Of The Twentieth Century. Explains the philosophy, morality, and spirituality of being redpilled. You really can't call yourself redpilled if you haven't read it.

>meme tier

Western civilization is a series of footnotes to Plato.

>Teaching Ants about the Jews

You might be on to something, Mario

For you.

>Then Plato's Republic (although arguably it might be considered meme tier)

is this what the uneducated actually believe? Plato is among the most incredible philosophers to ever write

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason:_Liberal_Treachery_from_the_Cold_War_to_the_War_on_Terrorism
Does this look like a good read? I'm not familiar with American authors, so I dunno who to stay away from.

G Eazy lyrics are amazing literature

Law of the devil.
Chinese webnovel.
With some fantasy elements but highly based around politics of medieval ages. (political marriages etc.). Mc is not a fucking pussy and takes everything from everyone in order to achieve his goals.

kek

>he doesn't own the Plato the complete works.
Going to start pic related soon.

>inb4 fake

i found the relationship depicted between author and father was rather heartbreaking

Tried reading The Prince. I honestly could not get through it. Got about half way and got sick of how wordy and pretentious it was. Most of the content is so obvious it doesn't even need to be said.

bhagavad gita, divine influence and enlightenment

Only in reference to The Republic vs his other works in terms of popularity. I'm not sure if when reading Plato it would be best to start with the most popular (Republic), or look at other works first.

Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance... One of the bestI've read

Anything from Heinlein...

Stranger in a strange land...
For us the living...
Starship Troopers...
Time enough for love...
To sail beyond the sunset...
The moon is a harsh mistress...
The cat that walks through walls...

I liked the bit where the narrator didnt take a shit for four months and then dropped his guts one night near the fence to create a turd mound large enough for him to hop the perimeter and run away and live on reparations and book royalties for the rest of his life.
Truly a beautiful moment 10/10 would shoah again

For you

Jordan Peterson is an idiot who got destroyed by Sam Harris.

link scrub

>(((Sam Harris)))
Leaf ban when?

wouldn't call them traitors, my perspective might make it obvious which area I originate from!

i'd say that it is fine and proper for a sovereign entity within a larger political entity to disengage all relations.
course, i deeply wish that the C.S.A. took it upon themselves to offer freedom and citizenship after the war to any negro taking up arms and acting valorously on behalf of their homeland. wish they woulda done that in 1862, and i wish that beauregard and the south carolinians out there didn't have such an arrogance-boner they just HAAAAAD to barrage Ft. Sumter instead of actually laying the groundwork for foreign support and domestic capacity to wage war first

i cannot help but agree that the institution of slavery was an increasingly inefficient cancer both economic and moral upon the South, one that the rich fucks in Charleston and Richmond just couldn't imagine living without. shoulda enlisted negros all over and hanged the rich cunts in public if they trifled over it. their pampered and powdered asses certainly weren't the ones bleeding and dying all over Virginia and Maryland, Tennessee and Georgia.

Job: A Comedy of Justice was fukken sick, too. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is one of my top 5 reads bar none, no doubt.

Starship troopers is the best of all possible Heineken worlds to live in.
Don't believe me? Look at earth in the moon is a harsh mistress. That's us.

[rollseyes] Getting destroyed is getting destroyed and that's what happened. You have to be able to take the good from the past, while leaving the bad. They learned those lessons for a reason.

As much as the extra manpower was needed, giving citizenship and rights to non-whites is a recipe for disaster. If anything the postwar CSA should have begun laying the ground work to lessen its negro population.

Prepare to be utterly depressed

Again though I can't understate this, The
Myth of the Twebtieth Century is THE redpilled manifesto.

I like Conrad's work.
The quote is from a shortstory entitled "An Outpost of Progress"

Here is a link to a free pdf of the story
online-literature.com/conrad/184/

Reading Crime and Punishment. It's good, but stressful in a disturbing way

no doubt; i would have much preferred that there had been no slave population nor bonded servants imported from anywhere from the very beginning.

generally, i am of the opinion that blacks could be, in some current year alt-reality thought experiment, as useful, moral, and productive as whites if history had occurred differently. i tend to think that if given citizenship on the condition of fighting in the armed service of the CSA after the American Civil War (which would have resulted differently), the black population could have flourished in a way that doesn't simply include numbers and benefits received.

and maybe i'm wrong! just fun and bittersweet to speculate about.

After that read this

ITT
Armchair philosophers

You can't civilize negros, it never works and never will. The best case scenario for a postwar South would be expanding into the Caribbean and kicking the niggers off the mainland and onto any carribean Island they annexed.

and onions.
This is a datamine thread so they can fuck with pol later. Elvis shoots at the barrel edition.

No shit. We gotta start somewhere faggot.

Rousseau's Emile is fantastic

If the South had simply seceded and not fired a single shot, but rather declared independence and treated it as an established fact, they would have been a lot more successful. Instead they disturbed the hibernating bear and brought wrath upon themselves. That being said, Lee could have won the entire war at Gettysburg if he destroyed the Army of the Potomac and then marched on Washington, regardless of what happened at Vicksburg. Some people say the war was lost at Chancellorsville when Jackson fell, because he would have won Gettysburg for Lee. There are a lot of what-ifs with the Civil War and it'll drive you crazy just fantasizing all the outcomes.

FPBP!

Blacks are racially inferior, with an average IQ of 85. They never ever would have been anything except what they are.

>This is a serious, unironic post by a burger

Check this one out. It's called The Toronto Protocols. The dude who published was allegedly murdered for it.
The Mel Gibson movie called "Conspiracy Theory" was loosely based on Serge Monast, the dude who published the protocols

pdf-archive.com/2015/03/08/the-toronto-protocols-serge-monast/

>Implying you are anything better.

I really want to read a good book on John "If only you knew how bad things really are" Kennedy.

I read that Arthur Schlesinger's book is the best but it only covers his presidency and skips his entire early life.
And I was hoping to read a full bio.

Does Sup Forums know any good books they recommend? Or should I just read that one?

Careful. Sweden might try to prep you before you fuck his wife.

Only if you're arab or black. Whitey is not welcome in our home.

god bless, you're completely right on that first bit. taking a US military history course taught by a former army col. whose family has been in GA since 1600; really surreal and delightful to hear him refer to confederate battle movements or commanders as "we", lol

sorta amounts to that Bobby Lee and Tommy Jackson just kept winning miracles in the East and at Gettysburg the miracle finally wasn't there. a lot of folk, especially the the "Lost Cause" mythology tend to shoulder Longstreet with the blame for not following orders to a T.

that and blowing past Fts Henry and Donelson up in TN, along with the capture of New Orleans really blew it out west early

could be; i don't subscribe to either end of that ideology, if you know what i mean. don't think that a sufficient body of objective research on the subject can be funded, performed, and published in this current day. and i can't quite trust that Minnesota trans-racial adoption study from decades ago on its own.

my nigga, just finished this badboy, going for Smith next and The Republic

First 2 books are great, but the last 2 religious ones are kinda tough especially if you didnt read the Bible first

This

>implying you wouldn't gobble up any cock put in front of you
sweden, no!

Everyone after these guys was wrong

They're the pinnacle but I do believe they're were some praiseworthy after them as well.

Has anyone here got a copy of "Libido Dominandi"?

In Brazil it's REALLY hard to get it so I want to make sure I don't rip my money

+1 for Mishima

For philosophy, Julius Evola is fascinating. so is Nietzsche. Although he doesn't have any books in print AFAIK Mencius Moldbug is also really, really worth reading

Just ordered it after watching that one NobodyTM video...

His work is underrated desu senpai

Gonna read this after finishing the culture of critique.

Trump must have read Machiavelli, because his strike on Syria is an example of cultivating both love AND fear in order to rule.

>hemingway
>cock like A .22 shell
>killed himself faced with erectile dysfunction
>mishima
>manlet faggot
>machiavelli
>actually a humorist that illiterate people read as serious
holy shit Sup Forums, you're a fuckin joke.

If you havent already check this out

ur mum's a joke, faggot.

pls respond. I need to know what to order off Amazon.

Yes I know he's Jewish, he says Yiddish words in every fucking radio segment.

The best.

This one