The entire public image and movement of atheism was completely btfo by funny hat memes in the course of about a year

>The entire public image and movement of atheism was completely btfo by funny hat memes in the course of about a year

Other urls found in this thread:

wingia.com/web/files/news/14/file/14.pdf
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion
imgur.com/a/8YyaO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah, it was killed by a hat, so what?

It was meme magic that did it

the entire public image of drumpf is being completely btfo by a bunch of missiles who hit a empty air base

but the amount of fedoras is only increasing in the civilized world

shut it texas

Tfw a lot of my friends and room mates wear fedoras

Always instinctively think "Tips fedora" every fucking time I see any of them wearing it

Fuck you

Not really.
Pauedo intellectuals with daddy/religion issues took it up just like an emo/sjw/fag would go all out with something to make them unique.

The fact they could argue their way out of a flat-earthed paper bag shows their faith in science is just as cringy as faith in a religion

>funny hat memes

>he thinks that context of the fedora meme exists outside of Sup Forums

Time to get off the site and do something meaningful for a change, junior.

The memes didn't do anything

Atheism consumed itself because while they were preaching about how not having a religion was so great they were shoving their ideology down everyone's throats

Atheism died because they were a bunch of condescending ass hats

You guys are forgetting about the atheism+ movement where feminists and SJW's helped to divide the community through general cuntishness

Atheism is still alive and well.

Kek. Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad

SJWs killed the atheist movement, not fedora jokes. The fedora shit was as consequence, not a cause. SJWs colluded with the atheist movement so much that even atheists like me started trashing atheism.

Basically, their evidence to why god is not real is that the bible is not SJW and god killed people; not because it's implausible as fuck and fits exactly the description of certain psychological phenomena like group think, but because God in most religions didn't subscribe to 2010s tumblr philosophy.

The memes only came about because it was accurate satire of their behavior.

People got fed up with the hypocritical attitude.

I don't think Atheism is going anywhere though, but it doesn't nearly have the platform it did.

DEUS VULT

So women and morons are the problem. Again. Like always.
>women being morons is implied with the word women

You got your ass kicked on /sci/ again, didn't you?

Was it a flat earth thread, or evolution?

>atheist gets his ass kicked on Sup Forums
>"y-you probably got YOUR ass kicked too"

When anyone asks me what my religious affiliation is I just say "eh I dont know"

Seems to work pretty good for me

The word for that is agnostic

>The entire public image and movement of atheism was completely btfo by funny hat memes in the course of about a year
Either that or they rose above the increasingly irrelevant den of iniquity that is Sup Forums.

The atheists are winning
wingia.com/web/files/news/14/file/14.pdf

t. triggered atheist
funny how anytime someone says anything bad about atheism you guys come out of the woodworks to spew your filth and try to convince people you're still relevant

>/Christ/ fags actually believe this

Maybe so, but even saying your agnostic makes you sound like a fuckin fag

You people are legit retards.

Atheism isnt a religion or a set of beliefs. Its a state of non belief. Just like im sure you retards dont believe in flying magic carpets. What are you? An A-magic-carpetist?

Ridiculous.

Hat memes didn't btfo of anything. Reddit became the largest site on the internet and its largely athiest. Youtube became the largest video streaming site on the internet and all the biggest channels are young athiest. College campuses are largely liberal and extremely athiest. we dont even call Christmas christmas anymore at school or work KEK. They are taking out GOD in the pledge.

>Muh hat meme btfo athiest waaah waaah

look at the evidence and realize you idiots are the ones btfo. Huddling up on an extreme racist korean image board to. You really btfo of athiesm guys. Good job.

Fact is, the people who were non religious are still non religious and that numbers continue to grow as more and more people see how absurd the idea of a mystical god watching over you is.

The hat memes btfo out of underage edge lords. So thank you guys for bashing them and making them go away.they were almost as annoying as christfags who cant into science

I think the whole atheism thing climaxed partially as a result of disgust at 9/11 and Christian & Jewish neocon reactions to 9/11. People just wanted an end to conflict over religious division and for everyone to stop killing each other. But then Muslims kept being savages and eventually atheists splintered into two groups, 1) people who realized the problem wasn't religious belief in the first place, the problem was tribe, and 2) agnostic liberal progressives who still just want people to get along and not discriminate.

It doesn't help that issues like abortion and gay marriage got tired after a while and most people have come to peace with the direction their government policies have taken. Even talking about those issues from the perspective of Christian moralism and its impact on others just makes people seem stuck in the past.

All he did was reply to a thread just like you did, you stupid faggot.

>Coming out of the woodwork

>funny how anytime someone says anything bad about atheism
The religious have always been terrified of atheists. That's why triggered theists create these threads.

>you guys come out of the woodworks to spew your filth
>See I'm not {{{ TRIGGERED }}} at all!
BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
Wew lad!

I've never seen a single "funny hat meme" post some.

go back le reddit

>the whole atheism thing climaxed
Sexual repression? Freud was right.

>tips*

>People just wanted an end to conflict over religious division and for everyone to stop killing each other. But then Muslims kept being savages and eventually atheists splintered into two groups, 1) people who realized the problem wasn't religious belief in the first place, the problem was tribe, and 2) agnostic liberal progressives who still just want people to get along and not discriminate.
>It doesn't help that issues like abortion and gay marriage got tired after a while and most people have come to peace with the direction their government policies have taken. Even talking about those issues from the perspective of Christian moralism and its impact on others just makes people seem stuck in the past.
I apologize for my earlier snark, this is actually pretty good.

We can't solve the problems religion has created with more religion, just like that's not how we solve crime.

> a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion

To expand on that tribe point a bit, the waning of atheism coincides with the rise of BLM and the alt right. The whole religious angle to social issues fell by the wayside.

>incapable of taking criticism
>poor capability of abstract thought
>doesn't admit the atheist vangaurd collapsed because absolute number of atheits didn't decrease
>reddit spacing
You are precisely the type of person we are talking about.

amy schumer's m'lady sketch proves that the fedora meme has already hit the normieworld

It really does, you must not exist outside of this board

It was much needed. Fedoras were such fucking elitists.

nah, pretty sure the atheism movement was blown out because they're too spineless to ever criticize Islam since muslims fight back. Also, they never criticized Judaism since that would've been anudda holycaust. Fedoras were being tipped squarely and solely at Christianity.

it was killed by feminism

You guys have no idea.

The Atheists of yesteryear are still atheists now.
They just pivoted to attacking Social Justice. Many of them are more ambivalent to religion as they see it as a bulwark against Marxism.

Their used to be a vibrant convention of Atheists in Texas. But it was over run by Social justice Ideologues. It was not over run by right wingers.

You clearly do not get it.

You dont believe in the fictional works of L. Ron Hubbard to be factual in the religion known as Scientology.

Yet not believing in scientology isn't itself a religions n you fucking dense retards. The state of not beliving someone elses claims cant be called a religion. Its cute that the illiterate christfags itt try and use the word "athiest" as if its a belief system similar to religion.

>Reddit spacing.
Clearly you've never written more than green texts and 1 sentence of shipost. "Muh reddit spacing". Newflash kiddo. Thats universal spacing used everywhere in the world to make a piece of writing easier to follow as opposed to a wall of text.

How would you even know what reddit spacing looks like unless you go there frequently. How do you not know that this spacing has been used on web forums and chat rooms since web 1.0? I bet you feel retarded right now.

>Incapable of abstract thought.
Being so easily manipulated and gullible isnt proof that you can think abstractly. It's proof you are a simple minded moron. Not surprised.

>the waning of atheism
Americans are becoming more atheistic with each generation.

>rise of BLM
Each generation has their own civil rights movement, and even I believe police are overstepping too often. But BLM is too narrow an issue group to maintain any kind of political heft. BLM will be remembered but they will not last unless Sessions targets them.

>and the alt right
The GOP's politics of fear has merely gotten out of control and Russian disinformation is stoking its cultural Marxism. Alt-right replaced the corporatist tea party and the extreme right wing. They are unencumbered by social taboos, will collapse on its own like all Robespierre fringe groups eventually do.

I think the reddit spacing accusations is overblown sometimes, but he's right in this case. You space after every single sentence for no good reason, it's not like you're starting a new subject, it's just random spacing. Even if you're not from Reddit that shit's annoying.

>The memes didn't do anything
>Atheism died because they were a bunch of [...]hats

What did he mean by this?

Y'all have really upset this dude just leave him alone

Kek

Every place in the post you quoted is exactly as it should be. The only debatable spaceing is the first sentence.

If you disagree then tell me where you would have done otherwise. I'm curious.

>sane people realised that when all you can come up with is a hat joke, you clearly have no argument and are simply being a sore loser

>memes put Trump in office
>Pepe (a cartoon frog) was a media hot topic
>weaponized autism turned Shia Lebouf crazy
>Digits and get mark the date of world event
>A weaponized meme cause a seizure to an epileptic reporter

This is just a few examples of why no one must underestimate the power of memes.

They did it to themselves

No, no, athiests are definitely wrong.
The belief that a magic man who lives in the sky and watches everybody with his magic power, and forces you to do 10 things, and if you don't, he'll take you to a place of evil and fire and torture and agony....But he loves you.
Yeah, this is way more believable. being red-pilled means questioning everything, not believing a set of shit rules made by stupid people 2000 years ago, which plunged europe in darkness until red-pilled people came along.

What killed atheism as a cultural movement against having religion shoved down our throats was the social justice crowd.

They're the same people that tried promoting Atheism+ because they thought just being an atheist wasn't enough. They had people like Rebecca Watson(?) that complained about getting "sexually harassed" because someone asked them, inside an elevator, if they'd want to have some coffee and chat in their hotel room after a conference.

Instead of treating atheism as just an intellectual idea and a rebutting against oppressive religious forces, it was co-opted by the social justice crowd which wanted to be its own oppressive force. Which is why people generally started viewing them as assholes, but it wasn't recognized it was due to the social justice aspects because typically those that are members of the "SocJus" crowd do not like to state their views plainly.

Like they're not gonna come out and say they're against free speech, they're going to say they're pro-free speech and it's only through asking how they believe supporting free speech that you realize that they want to limit free speech (due to the logic that by everyone saying what they want that it limits the free speech of those that are being disagreed with). In other words, you only find out someone is some social justice asshole when they have to explain their positions, which doesn't necessarily happen that often.

So the Social Justice crowd infected the atheism cultural movement like a virus, slowly eating away at it while wearing it like a skin.

He who controls memes controls universe.

Atheist here. Your style of argument is juvenile at best and you have logical fallacies up the arse, the magical carpet thing was something I was using aged 16.

If you weren't from fucking reddit you'd realise that this entire site despises youtube/reddit etc. Being popular is meaningless - if anything it means it's appealing to fucking morons. The whole 'not calling xmas xmas' thing is fucking retarded - in the UK even atheists just say 'meh, it's tradition. Hat memes were an excellent way of BTFO fucking edgelords, and you just contradicted yourself by saying that they both did and didn't BTFO people.

Once again, I'm an atheist and no, it isn't a set of beliefs apart from that there is no god. But the entire 'secularisation' of society is a fucking leftist excuse to attack our culture/traditions and you fucking know it.

Atheism is a lot like homosexuality. It's not really harmful to the individual but it's harmful to a society. When you get redpilled you realize that a society cannot function without morality.

You live and benefit from Christian society while actively attacking it.

This is exactly what I was going to post next. Atheism was infected in one direction by SJWs and in the other by edgelords.

Having said this, I think the whole theocratical thing in Sup Forums at the moment is fucking retarded and sinister. Religion is not a magic bullet that cures your culture, and it's more redpilled to focus on self improvement and family for the sake of self improvement and family, rather than for the continued benevolence of a vague external force.

They traded one God for another. They started worshiping the state and cuck morality and became missionaries for it.

The nosy moral busybody church lady became the blue haired feminist.

There are many types of atheist, the most common online is the dumb youngsters that found it as an easy excuse to do whatever they want, especially after so many of these became "spokesmen" online with the weapon of "I have so many unanswered questions that make no sense to me so there has got to be no answer!"; hence why it is starting to become laughable.

>I think the whole theocratical thing in Sup Forums at the moment is fucking retarded and sinister

It was probably inevitable once SocJus took over atheism, since people of Sup Forums want something that goes against Muslims and their insane bullshit.

Western society/culture is more greco-roman than it is christian. Republics were predecessors and in direct opposition to both late roman monarchy and the judeo-christian conception of monarchy inherent in their scriptures.

If you can't function morally without religion, you're a fucking weakling.

tip harder faggot

You prefer Jewish control of your nation, is that what you want to say?
Because that's what you get under Christianity.
Which is fine, if that's what you want.

The average person is a fucking weakling.

>projections

jewish meme

>The belief that a magic man who lives in the sky and watches everybody with his magic power, and forces you to do 10 things, and if you don't, he'll take you to a place of evil and fire and torture and agony....But he loves you.

The problem with pop-athiests is that they argue against a strawman, such as this quote from you.

Atheism died because they turned into a religious cult.

Look at Sam Harris now, he gets fucked in the ass in almost every single debate with a philosopher, Peterson humillated him.

Years of debates with religious fanatics will do that to you, as soon as someone makes competent argument in favor of christianity you turn into a cultist.
"Oh no, i thought we were already over this, fuck!!".

>memes put Trump in office
Sup Forums made little difference

>Pepe (a cartoon frog) was a media hot topic
rarely mention in media

Social justice has literally nothing to do with atheism

It wasn't just the hat. The hat was fun though.

Most atheists can't argue for shit. They're also very pretentious and ridiculous despite knowing almost nothing about religion. This brings stupid "arguments" and emotional attacks.

This isn't even getting into the fact atheism is both unfulfilling emotionally and rationally.

>When you get redpilled you realize that a society cannot function without morality.
Men make morals. Then evil men invent gods to enforce the morals.

Enlightened men do not need gods to enforce their morals.

>Y'all have really upset this dude just leave him alone

I bet it makes a comeback now that we have a "christian" president.

>Enlightened

Read up on Atheism+. It's retarded, but social justice types infected atheism conferences and helped reshape what we think of as atheism for the worse.

imgur.com/a/8YyaO
Here's leddits "Faces of Atheism"

They were killed by their toxic arrogance and cultural tone deafness. The hat just became a concrete symbol for things that a lot of us had been thinking for a long time.

^-more or less what I came to post. Keep the Christ in Christmas, keep the west Christian (or pagan if you wish.) I can't into religion (just have never been able to feel god) but I do see the use and beauty of religion, especially Christianity. Good post lad.

Because the atheist "movement" is absolute fucking AIDS filled with mental midgets who aren't familiar with the most basic theology
You raging queers are embarrassing beyond all reason and you're why I don't talk about my beliefs with others

>Read up on Atheism+.
Not having any religious beliefs means there's nothing really to "read up " on.

Non-belief has no identity politics. It has no science or philosophy. The political idea of non-belief or separation of belief from politics is "secular", but most people are smart enough to realize that's not the same as non-belief in made-up gods.

>They're also very pretentious
Religious people claim they have their very own gods who created the universe. Nothing pretentious about that, right?

This has to be an elaborate shitpost. or someone trying to make a new copypasta
>pic very unrelated

religion =is= morality
and if you can function without morality your an atheist

Also your historical revisionism wont work here, Western society, our culture and values are based more on Christian/catholic and Protestant values and faith rather than any pagan grecco/roman/latin civilizations you can think so which to revise towards.

The mistake that atheists like you make is in thinking since that our government is based on roman/greek values and ideals, >SO must the peoples culture,values,ideals,ethics and morality is based on not historical Christianity but instead those same grecco/roman values in which are governments sometimes hold dear (now governments usually are trying to take more and more power away from there people).

Our western identity culture faith ideals morality are based on christian way of life even if our government believe in roman greek/democracy, however the state is not god and it does not tell people what to believe in. Western civilization and people will keep believing in Christ as the strong european and american people always have unless groups within of the core influences of society try to to destroy, erase and revise, and or also introduce a harmful savage more dominating religion to replace the host culture,value ethics and beliefs.

>tl,dr western society is what it is today because of Christianity AND because of the intelligent peoples that inhabit these western countries. You want a muslim society go to africa and the middle east. You want a atheist society look back at any of the beautiful communist countries and empires of the past like china, vietnam or soviet russia and the other soviet satellite states.

>their own gods
>atheist logic

To you have anything more than a tu quoque or did you just feel a need to comment because your precious atheism has been criticised?

It isn't edited to look like an old philosopher's quote? That's weird.

You know what's the problem? I don't give a fuck about what you think as long as you do your fucking job.

A philosophical idea is not a group nor would the definition of it affect perceptions of a group.

I'm not sure why you're confused by this.

Both are based in the postmodernist idea of deconstructing society into a simplified battle of victims and oppressors to justify not listening to our ancestors and taking responsibility for our lives.
>evil men invent gods to enforce [their will]
Like evil men invented the patriarchy to enforce their will, these evil white males who built our entire society didn't know what they were talking about obviously, they were just dumb theist rapists. College aged "enlightened" sponges on society have all the answers from watching Cosmos high.

I came to this thread looking for more bad mass effect facial animations, and was disappointed.