What is the difference between protestants and Catholic

Which one is superior?

Other urls found in this thread:

renegadetribune.com/christians-cucks-4/
youtube.com/watch?v=WrMUFP8Fx1w
youtube.com/watch?v=Ov_j7cAuYFM
youtube.com/watch?v=INtIF-a_nO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Catholicism is currently more superior, but a long time ago, during the Renaissance until yhe XX century, the Protestant Church was better, since there was much corruption in the Catholic Church. Formerly a shepherd had a doctorate or Bachelor's degree in theology, today any moron who study a little bit, the Bible of their own church can be a pastor and earn good money that is taken out of the poor (like the Jews), or at least so work in my country.

Organized religion is a moneymaking enterprise. Your Bible is all you need.

Catholicism is heretic. also poop francis

Protestants aren't cannibals.

hey goyim, I actually need an explanation about this and the more common "types" of protestants.

LUTHERANS GET OFF MY BOARD RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

>Which one is superior?
Orthodoxy

OK here is the diff

Catholics believe this cis chick named Mary did some stuff and she is super great.

Protestants say the cis chick Mary did stuff but she is just great not super great.

Both Protestantism and Catholicism teach that all of humanity is sinful by nature and choice, Protestantism just teaches that how we are justified by God in light of that sin is by faith in Christ's life, atoning death and resurrection alone while Romanism teaches that it's by your meritorious works and participation in the sacraments.

Obviously the former is a correct interpretation of the Pauline epistles. Whether one is superior over the other or not is up to you. Personally I think Protestantism is much more aesthetically and intellectually satisfying.

this is accurate. Catholicism is borderline false religion. the worshiping of and praying to saints and idols is strictly prohibited in the bible. also, hell and hellfire does not exist. lie to keep you in line.

/thread

Big split is predestination vs free will
Also unlike with Jews Reformed usually means more conservative

Protestantism is the true teaching of the Word.

That being said, there are sects of Protestantism that have been bastardized and diluted just as bad as Catholicism was, and Catholics arguments against these particular Protestants are solid.

You may ask yourself, well if Protestantism gets corrupted as the Catholicism did, how are either of them right?

Jesus preached about this very thing. He knew his teaching would be corrupted, even in his own time and by his own apostles.

Find Christ, anons.

Sola gratia justificamus et sola fide justificamur et sola scriptura docentur.

renegadetribune.com/christians-cucks-4/ get your cucking shit together

Pick a local church that has a good pastor. Denomination has a lot less to do with it than the guy running the church.

This.

Protestants can have "priests" that do not vow celibate which can also be female.

Sweden is protestant too.

In Heaven, we will all be Catholic.

We do not worship the saints. We ask for their intercession.

Orthodox

>which can also be female.
only some leftists denominations

Orthodox is the only way to go.

Which Bible.

King James

Protetants removed books from the bible because the Jews told them to.

Child molestation rates in the church are lower than the general public.

Why does the King James Version exclude the Book of the Maccabees? Also, why did Martin Luther try to get rid of the Books of Jude and James?

There is no superior. There's Christian and there's not. Individual basis.

>hell and hellfire does not exist
Wrong, heretic.

t. baptist

"Protestant" doesn't really mean anything. You can lump wildly different denominations under this umbrella.

As to which one is superior, Catholicism is one of the worst "Christian" denominations. They don't even pretend to follow the Bible anymore, it's not even a case of them just fucking up or getting things innocently wrong here and there.

If you want actual "superior" Christianity i.e. people that actually believe what the Bible says, go for fundamentalist Baptist.

youtube.com/watch?v=WrMUFP8Fx1w

Well, that's true since the Catholic Church is the only path to Salvation.

Some major difference is:

>Authority:Protestantism is defined partially by its support of the Bible as the sole and final authority on the faith. All focus, then, is on the texts. On the opposite end, Catholics uphold authority in apostolic succession. They believe that the teaching authority Christ gave the apostles was passed down and begat things such as the Bible and oral teaching as well and such and still exists with their church now. Further, they uphold that prime apostle's office - Peter - and call the one in that seat the pope. Because of this Catholicism leans partially on a more established history of scholars and spiritual masters to establish their culture (not doctrine) rather than solely the scripture. Further, the Protestants believe that the Bible's canon was assembled authoritatively by the church through rational discourse on legitimacy and so have dismissed a few Old Testament books on the same grounds. Everyone else holds that rational discourse led to the decision but it was the clarification through church authority that made it authoritative.

>Justification: They disagree on what makes one justified in preparation for salvation. Protestants believe that belief of God and trust in His teaching is what makes one just. It manifesting in your life is just a reaction to that. Catholics believe that belief of God and it manifesting in your life is what makes one just.

Part 1/2

>Understanding what God is: Protestantism largely (but not exclusively) holds God to be anthropomorphic in nature. Akin to a man with powers. They hold a view of God called Theistic Personalism. Catholicism allows such a view for laypeople because it is easy to understand but upholds a position called Classical Theism: where God is a willful ground of reality that is non-composite and non-competitive to creation. How miracles and the very attributes of God are understood differ wildly because of this distinction. Parts of Protestantism support Classical Theism but they are very vaguely applied.

>The Soul: Protestantism is largely understanding the soul as substance dualism. This is understanding the soul as a kind of immaterial substance interacting akin to matter. Catholicism understands the soul as hylomorphic dualism. This is understanding things in nature as a compound of matter and form (substantial form), with form being synonymous with soul in this manner of thought. I'm not well-versed on the soul but that's an intro for you.

This chart is wrong and a bastardization done by the Jews themselves.

This is the only guideline you need

The main strand of protestantism claims that human beings are basically meat puppets and nothing anyone ever does will ever matter. Reformed protestant theology is a sort of proto nihilism, just with God in the picture. Catholics believe that what you do and how you conduct yourself is of eternal importance, this idea extends into their beliefs about hierarchy and natural law.

there are people on this board that are unironically christcucks...

Help me. I don't know what to believe. All my life I've been raised to question things, to not blieve blindly and ask for proof. Yet when it comes to this, I shouldn't do any of those? My brain says that there is no religion because there are hundreds of religions and each one believes themselves to be the correct one. But there's enough freaky shit going on that I do wonder if there is such a thing

Protestants
>Half of the denominations do what the Bible says, the other half interpret it so horribly wrong it's insane

Catholics
>Add a bunch of random pagan rituals and believe original sin, which leads people to sprinkle babies and tell them they're baptized when really they're not

Pro>Cath

Jesus and the apostles do command fellowship, though.

Protestants only believe in the Bible.

Catholics assembled the Bible, and the authority of the Bible rests on the authority of the Church.

The only reason you're reading Revelations and not Shepard of Hermas is the Church.

They're simply misinformed. There's a reason people who study the early Christian theologians tend to become Catholics. It's completely obvious from the writings even of people as early as Irenaeus that there was a Church with bishops who met in synods and drew their authority/power from the laying on of hands.

I was in the Judean People's Front but they are tards, I'm now in the People's Front from Judea.

Protestants believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Catholics believe that tradition is important too.

Protestants are superior.

Both currently are fighting off liberal cancer. Join your local conservative church. You'll find lots of white people with lots of children. They're the ones actually doing something to save the West.

To put it another way Protties accuse Catholics of "adding stuff to the Bible".

It's the Protestants who removed everything except the Bible.

If the Holy Spirit really guided their reading you'd think they wouldn't be fragmented in thousands of tiny sects.

Fuck off Rooskie shill.

Everyone else, stop being Goym. Odin is the way.

Abrahamic religions are for weaklings, mudslimes, and kikes.

>Jesus never tells you to pray for someone else to pray for you
>when asked how to pray, Jesus tells his disciples to pray directly to the Father
>no person in the Bible ever prays to anyone other than God directly

find one single verse in the Bible that supports intercession.

It's really confusing as first.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ov_j7cAuYFM

King James

Ye

That's in the Apocrypha, so not official canon. Also, who cares what Luther tried to do.

Community is also important. In times of temptation/doubt it's good to have Christian friends to turn to.

It's also good in those times to read your Bible.

Catholics (Roman/Orthodox) believe that the Church and its traditions come before the bible. This leaves room for interpretation, discussion, and theological study.

Protestants uphold the Bible over the Church, which leaves less room for interpretation as they tend to take things more literally. The degree to which they take the Bible literally has resulted in the thousands of denominations that have sprouted since the reformation. It's religious individualism which is antithetical to the whole notion of a Church -- a collective that is greater than the sum of its parts, a gestalt that empowers its members.

I am glad that there are Christians in the East, but no. The Orthodox are in third place.

>hell doesn't exist

Why does Jesus repeatedly tell people that without him they'll be condemned to hell?

What is "weeping and gnashing of teeth" if not hellfire?

Why did Jesus say that the rich man went to hell in the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man?

heretic.

>human sacrifice for a one-eyed cuck god
no way fag.

>also, hell and hellfire does not exist.
This is a lie straight from the pits of Hell.

Christcuckianity is all shit but I got a Catholic education so I know a bit.
As far as I can tell, Prots are closer to what the Bible says. Saint Paul says man is justified by faith and not by works.

Judaism didn't exist until 200 AD when the Talmud was finished and the new religion was established.

Christianity began in the first century.

Nice try, (((disinfo man)))

Hell is having this so-called president.

>we worshiped trees an sheeiit nigguh
>i tell you what bruh, dem vikangs wuz reel killaz
>dem fuckin chrischans killed all of em do, fuckin cucks

> prohibits killing
> prohibits cloning
> advocates empathy
Religion needs to be removed.

Except the Reformed Church in America is a liberal cesspool. CRC is okay. I grew up in the United Reformed Church which was very conservative. PCA is good. PCUSA is awful.

The entire Church today fights off the cancer that is liberalism.

Oh you mean the bible that didn't exist for hundreds of years after Christ's death and wasn't available to the masses until the middle ages? Yeah let's ignore the church father's. Proddies are the same tier as Mormons

You forgot the part where they bastardize the Vulgate

>both are fighting off liberal cancer

Liberal cancer has affected both

Protestant is still superior but Orthodox is really the only Christianity with little to no cucking

If you want an interesting take try Richmond Lattimore's New Testament. He is known for his translations of Greek Epics and plays so his vernacular is unique among Bible translations.

You can't go wrong with NRSV either.

>Personally I think Protestantism is much more aesthetically and intellectually satisfying.

>aesthetically satisfying

what the fuck? protestant churches are ugly as fuck.

>I was just pretending to be retarded

KJV (the best version) and all Protestant Bibles exclude certain old testament books that were not regarded as Canon by the Jews at the time of Jesus. Maccabees is one of these books.

>Saint Paul says man is justified by faith and not by works.

He's talking about "works of the law", not good works generally.

The whole thing is a tempest in a tea kettle. Both sides agree we're saved by grace alone, ultimately, and faith without works is a dead faith. The danger of saying "FAITH NO WORKS JEZUS LOVES ME!!!" is you end up with 500 lb cart-riders who think they're guaranteed a free ride to heaven because they got baptized once.

Read James 2. Faith without works is dead.

Why do you get your canon from the Jews instead of the early Christians?

Spoiler: because those books challenge your heresies

Bonus spoiler: they're repeatedly alluded to in the NT

This is correct for proddies, can't speak for the catholics.

>Odin is the way
Odin is a bit of a dick who goes around stirring shit up and choosing the better side to lose a battle just so he can get better warriors. Odin is only the way for kings and nobles. Tyr and Thor are best god.

>tradition is more important than the word of God

lol, alright my man. Also, the bible canon didn't exist for a long time, but it's not like scripture wasn't available. Not widely available, but it's not like it didn't exist until the canon was created.

I was a hardcore atheist who eventually came around to Christianity (although still struggling with faith) from watching fundamentalist Baptist preaching. Came for the memes, stayed for the really powerful sermons.

As an atheist I took it "scientifically" when I wanted to explore Christianity and I researched which denominations actually seemed to give a shit about Biblical accuracy and took their faith seriously. Turns out it wasn't too hard to find.

Most churches don't even use an accurate Bible.

youtube.com/watch?v=INtIF-a_nO0

It's a vaporwave reference; protestant worship music is much more modern and avant garde than the conservative catholics.

I'm referring to the primitivism and simplicity in both liturgy and worship, not necessarily to the architecture (of which there is a lot of diversity). The Roman cult is disgustingly ornate and gaudy, especially with the reverence shown to the Host and the clerical hierarchy. Very repulsive.

Faith without works is dead, but it's not the works: it's the faith that led you to do the works. Good works without faith in God behind them are nothing.

this. the baptist denomination in particular tries to follow the teaching of John the Baptist only, as they believe they're the books that were fucked with the least.

It can also be argued that John the Baptist is the real deal, and Jesus is (((theirs)))

the only OT book that's not in the canon that is alluded to is the Book of Enoch, and that's because the book was lost for a few hundred years.

"Cuck god"

Protestants. Calvinists, especially.

The Church of Rome is a pseudo-Christian cult teaching that an Argentinian faggot is God incarnate.

testing, test, test, test

Catholics are loony. But then again, so are Protestants. In fact, anyone who pays any attention to Jehovah oughta be thrown in a loony bin.

The is no god, but Islam and Judaism, and Catholicism are all subversive plots to get Earthlings at each others throats.

Meanwhile in early chrisianity

what year is it, faggot? how many days since who died?

>John the Baptist was the real deal while Jesus wasn't

that's a Mandaean/Gnostic concept. Stop it

then why did the church fathers all deny the five solaes?

>revelations
>literally invoke dead saints

Oh look! It's Britirenaeus everybody! Your friendly Catholic shill bought and paid for operating off a script.

Hi Britirenaeus!

Fucking this x1,000. Calvinism is the closest thing you're going to get to a pure faith. Romanism is apostate faggotry.

It tells me that the romans who nailed Jesus to the cross also spent a couple hundred years kicking your shit in too.

They don't teach that. The Pope is the successor of Peter and the representative of Christ. Not God.

reminder that Odin hung himself from the world tree and died to learn about runes, lol

Norse mythcucks can't even do their stupid pagan propaganda right. Try reading the Poetic Edda, nerds.

your god literally unironically permanently dies

Except no one in the early church follow sola Scriptura